[2010.03.20] Lee Young Ja surprised at Kara

PremiumCoffee

0926-lee4.jpg
On the latest episode of SBS’s Intimate Note, actress and comedian Lee Young Ja made a guest appearance on the show along with radio DJ Hong Jin Kyung.

During this episode, Lee Young Ja admitted that she never thought that girl group Kara would make it this successful someday. Apparently, she underestimated the power of the fans.

On the show, Lee Young Ja shared that she met Kara three years ago on MBC’s Survival while she was the MC for the show. She commented, “Back then, I never thought Kara would become this successful.”

After sharing her thoughts on Kara, Lee Young Ja and Hong Jin Kyung had the opportunity to learn Kara’s Lupin dance. Lee Young Ja then put the audience into laughter as she showed of her dancing skills.

Credits:allkpop

Lee Youngja expressed her surprise at Han Seungyeon and Goo Hara, who appeared as special guests on the show: "Are you really that group from that time? I didn't recognize you". She confessed: "Back then, they didn't have energy, so I scolded them a lot for them to be more energetic".

About Lee Youngja, Han Seungyeon said: "She was a senior who would cry with us when we failed. She helped us a lot".

Lee Youngja expressed her satisfaction with Kara's change: "I didn't know that rookie group back then would become this successful". And added: "They have energy now so I like that".

translated by Harue@Karaholic.

They've come a long way. I could remember during Break It when I said that the girls would not be able to gain success. I'm glad they've proven me wrong and rightfully so. KARA is the epitome and embodies the message that people who face the hardships and battles through the storms and burdens of life will always come up on top!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to her, what's wrong with kara4 back then? because everyone does too?

is she surprised & to only realize now?

"thanks" her for acknowledging now.

kara has sailed through storms (without much blessing) to reach here today, due to their strong will.

kara hwaiting.

Kara might not be so successful at their first debut but subsequently they get familiar with the stage and did better and better. Of course, I did not believe that Kara would be successful too at first. But I am amazed by Kara's determination and capabilities to fight till the end. Besides, I can see the hard work that they had put in for their fame and glory today.

Well, I have always been a Kamilia and i don't doubt the girls' ability to sing or dance. For what i foresee, I'll say that they will be even more successful next time and will not disappoint us all (:

Keep up the good work girls!

Fighting!!

i felt the same way too! but im glad they also proved me wrong and now im a huge fan!

i remember watching their first performances during their break it days and it wasn't as exciting to me as their performances now! it is very apparent how far they've gone since their debut and the fans are showing their support for them! those fan chants are way awesome.

their growth is amazing and i hope they keep it up! kara fighting!

to her, what's wrong with kara4 back then? because everyone does too?

is she surprised & to only realize now?

"thanks" her for acknowledging now.

i thought the same, what was the point in saying that b/c SeungYeon was there :)

As a proud Kamilia since KARA's debut, I am happy to say I knew they were going to get their time in the spotlight.. just a matter of timing and most importantly KARA knew they always had fans that believed in them :)

everyone was underestimating KARA..

i'm always wondering,why does KARA4 back then can't be successful..

the 1st time i see KARA4, they really amazed me..

but yeah..now it's kara's time..

kara now wasn;t kara that got instant famous..

but it's sumthin that they really work hard to earn to..

and i'm proud to be kamilia because of that..

well theyve always worked hard but didnt really get the recognition, plus losing sunghee was a big setback as well so it took longer to get to where they are now. :D

never doubted it though but i never felt that recognition was needed as i already thought they are the best thing in the world :)

@mae

first time reading the post reminded me about what hammie said during strong heart.

must say everytime i watch the clip, i feel so sad & hurt.

how i wish i was here to throw some supports at those difficult times.

but luckily our girls are not easily discouraged.

@curbow

same here. watched so many times "beat it" mv & kara4 performance, i still wonder why they wasn't a success.

not saying instant recognition from all, but at least people should know who's kara.

though i'm a late fan, but i'm a proud kamilia too.

not because of their fame now, but because i just love them.

there's nothing to explain to those who don't undertand.

KARA came through alot to be what they are these days.

Compared to some other groups that had much more coverage they worked their way here!

Its all thanks to their strong will and hard work!

That is why they are not just any other girl group!

Thats why im a kamilia!

Glad that their success is recognised now~!

KARA JJANG!:thumbup1:

HWAITING!:D

i appreciate her well wishes to kara now and it's not wrong that she didn't think they would make it back then. i mean there were so many groups. BUT, i disagree with what she said about underestimating the power of the fans. kara needs to work hard and do well before they start gaining fans. so she underestimated the hard work and potential that Kara had. Maybe it's a translation issue, but i don't like it when ppl said, oh the fans really pulled through. well, then the group must be doing something right for their fans to love them so much!

but yes, congrats kara!!!! i keep reminiscing about their past compared to the present and i tell myself, i don't need to rehash it all the time. but whenever i see kara, i know they never forgot their humble beginnings and because of this, they'll only work harder and never take anything for granted. and so will kamilias. reminds of the note the shinhwa fan sent to kamilias. ><

i appreciate her well wishes to kara now and it's not wrong that she didn't think they would make it back then. i mean there were so many groups. BUT, i disagree with what she said about underestimating the power of the fans. kara needs to work hard and do well before they start gaining fans. so she underestimated the hard work and potential that Kara had. Maybe it's a translation issue, but i don't like it when ppl said, oh the fans really pulled through. well, then the group must be doing something right for their fans to love them so much!

but yes, congrats kara!!!! i keep reminiscing about their past compared to the present and i tell myself, i don't need to rehash it all the time. but whenever i see kara, i know they never forgot their humble beginnings and because of this, they'll only work harder and never take anything for granted. and so will kamilias. reminds of the note the shinhwa fan sent to kamilias. ><

uuhmmm can i ask what did the fan said?? sorry for being ignorant

tnx :D

haha~

I have never regretted being a kamilia....

This is one of the best thing that happen in my life....

lot of people underestimating Kara...I wonder...why this happen....

Kamilia will always support Kara...they will never give up...same with Kara...

haha~

Kara4 jjang..!! they really2 awesome...but..why did they could not be successful like now...

that is what I always think...

Kara is the strongest girl group in korea...they went through lot of hardships....but they never give up....

The result is...they all really2 successful now...

we should not give up if something big happen...

Kamilia♥Kara....Kara Fighting!!

Thnx for sharing this...

aaaa... it's really a hardwork en they're prove it now..

I remeber when Seungyeon told the story about Kara in SBS Strong Heart..

It's really really touching story from them.. from zero to hero really..

Congrat to KARA!

HIp hip Horaay! KARA HWAITING!

well i'm not surprised at all..

they were going through a lot of hardships..

especially since they are in the era in K-Pop were girl groups is the "it" thing.

they debut around the same time as WG and SNSD<-- "their fan base is no joke even from their debut days" and got overshadowed..

and thats why i LOVE them so much cuz they are not your typical girl group idol.

the other reason why i respect them so much as an artist is that...it's not because they are in a big company that they became successful, it's because they work their butts of to get to were they are right now.

as they say you have to work hard to be able to become succesful and thiat is what the girls had been doing

for 3 years.. and finally the hard work paid off.. so proud of the girls.

ohhh.. and lets not forget about the "KAMALIAS" who stuck with Kara through out there hardships and success.

and also thats why we rarely see Anti's from Kara because as Kamalias are known to be as very loyal and polite :]

Kara Fighting!

╔══════════════╗

Well KARA showed her~ (and everyone else who underestimated KARA)

Of all the girl groups, KARA has worked the hardest to get where they are today,

which is one of Korea's top girl group!

Seriously, when all the girl groups debuted in 2007, it was 'Break It' that stood out to me!

I loved their tough style and powerful vocals~

But yeah, I was worried they wouldn't be super popular...

Thankfully, due to KARA's hard work and perseverance, they have captured the hearts of thousands of people!

╚══════════════╝