Cutesy Image or Sexy Image?

sweetdust

Which do you prefer the most?  

472 members have voted

1. 1. Kara's cutesy image or the sexy one?

• I go for the cute one! Like Pretty Girl and Rock U?
    • I go for the sexy one! Like Lupin and Mister!
    • Doesn't matter, I go for both!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ayyiee~

if i must to choose one, i'll choose the CUTE concept because i like a cute concept more than a sexy concept. this doesn't only apply to KARA or the other girl group, but also for the other thing~^^

but for this thread, i'll vote for both (cute and sexy) because if we're talking about KARA, it doesn't matter either they're cute or sexy~~~><!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The first KARA song I heard was LUPIN and that was the sexy image. It was a break from all the cutesy-ness i got from listening to SNSD. I really liked it. I thought they were a sexy/fierce group like f(x) but after backtracking i found, they weren't. At first I liked the sexy image better but now I don't really mind. Like JCL is all cutesy and it made my heart pound (even though I'm a 12 year old girl xP)

• 2 weeks later...

i've mentioned in another post that mr and lupin was my fav songs :wub:

and i really really DONT like the cute image most of girl groups goes for :angry:

BUT

when i watch honey perf , i got all happy

and recently with JCL , omg when i've seen the MV , :w00t:

i couldnt help but grin like an idiot lol :lol:

and i even craved for live perfs of it B)

so i go for bot -_-:P

I think most people would agree when we say that a successful girl group kind of dips into both areas as they mature. I think SNSD once said that people wouldn't want to see them jumping around with cutesy lollipops as they aged and the same principle kind of applies here. Whatever, just as long as they stay themselves! :D

After years of watching Kpop groups, I have to say that KARA is the only group that can pull off both sexy and cute image. For some group, they are better with sexy and charismatic image, like 2NE1, 4Minute and SISTAR. Can you guys imagine these groups doing Honey, Kissing You and Bo Peep Bo Peep? :=)): For others, they are better with cute concept, like Girl's Day and Dal Shabet. It's not that no other group can do both cute and sexy concept. Take SNSD for example. They do cute concept in Kissing You and sexy concept in Run Devil Run, but they pull off sexy better than cute.

KARA, on the other hand, can pull off both cute and sexy naturally. They look very sexy and charismatic in Lupin and Jumping, yet extremely adorable in Jet Coaster Love. Well, individually, Gyuri fits the sexy and fierce concept the most while seungyeon and Jiyoung fit cute concept. Hara and Nicole fit both concept but overall, KARA can do both concept very, very well.

Edited by City_Bear_90