[2010.03.22] NOCUT Interview with KARA

Harue

2210491821860800010.jpg

KARA is the trend nowadays.

After changing to a black concept, KARA swept all the charts with their new track 'Lupin', gathering a huge amount of popularity. But as much as they are popular, they are busy. The KARA members clearly looked tired when we met them.

Member Han Seungyeon said: "We really are very busy. This was our 6th album release and seems we get more busy with every new album release", "But being busy is better than worrying for having nothing to do. Our body might be tired but our mind is at peace", she said with a smile on her face.

After Goo Hara and Kang Jiyoung joined the group, KARA started with 'Rock U' and since then, they've been maturing little by little. They looked like young girls, but with 'Lupin', they are showing the image of strong and mature ladies.

Han Seungyeon said: "We wanted to show us maturing little by little and that seems to be happening according to our plans", "Since our previous album, we've made many bold attempts to it and we're thankful that it was well accepted by our fans".

Nicole commented: "I feel happy hearing people say that, unexpectedly, we suit this image well".

Park Gyuri said: "Through this album, we were able to show the strong side of KARA. We were worried thinking what we would do if people expressed disapproval, but on the contrary, we are glad that everyone liked it a lot".

But it's true that the concept is a little uncomfortable to youngest member Kang Jiyoung, a high school student. She said: "Before Lupin, all I had to do was smile brightly on stage, but now, I try to control my expression. Truth is, I don't really know how to do that.", "I'm just doing what I was told to do", and she laughed.

KARA is always changing so we were curious on what image we could expect next. They said: "There are still many images that we want to show".

Currently, fans are able to meet the KARA members in a wide range of variety shows. Park Gyuri, who gives the audience a lot of laughs and enjoyment with her 'goddess' concept, said: "We're able to show many sides of KARA that we can't show in performances, so we enjoy doing variety shows".

Although they make many appearances in variety programs, KARA doesn't do solo activities like other groups and none of the members transitioned to the acting field. Han Seungyeon said: "For now, KARA activities are in first place. We still prefer doing activities together". Park Gyuri added: "Doing solo activities or transitioning to acting are things we regard with caution", "I think there will be a right time for that".

Instead of solo activities, they want to fill this year with KARA activities. They already have plans for Japan and overseas activities and they also plan to meet the fans with even better songs.

Park Gyuri said: "I want to learn music composition, learn to play an instrument and learn japanese, but I can't find time for that". Kang Jiyoung and Han Seungyeon said they want to travel, but they too are uncertain on when they will be able to fulfill that.

KARA concluded: "For every album we release, the response comes faster", "We'll regard that as fans cheering us to work harder. We'll show everyone a better image to repay all the encouragement we get".

Source: NOCUT NEWS

Tip-off: mae@KARAHolic.com

Translated by Harue@KARAHolic.com

Do not remove/edit the credit line or translations when taking out!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooo thank you for the translation.

i hope DSP entertainment will give the girls time off later on. i just hope they're not too worked out.

yeah sorry i was thinking of 4minute

Edited by Ksup

Couldn't help but laugh at what Jiyoung said lol. but she's doing well and I don't know why they were so worried about the concept change, real fans will accept anyways :blushing: I think they are saying they have to be stronger as a group first before heading out to do solo stuff which I know they've wanted too but not the right time as they have said. thanks.

Guest Xx0O114
"Before Lupin, all I had to do was smile brightly on stage, but now, I try to control my expression. Truth is, I don't really know how to do that.", "I'm just doing what I was told to do", and she laughed.

She is soooo cuteee hahah that made me lol

As more she tried to control her expression, more cute she will act.. puahahaha

Thanks ^^

thanks for the translation ;)

Haha, Jiyoung, I understand how it is hard to look serious when you are so happy to perform XD

must be hard for a high school student, but she still managed! :P

Overseas? Probably Hollywood bowl, but hopefully more stuff overseas! Don't only go to Japan!

Gyul and Hammie did almost all the talking!

It's a good thing they didn't think of doing solo activities!

Doing solo activities just lets one member distant from another so they don't have interaction~

Kara is what you call a group that sticks together and stays together.

"I'm just doing what I was told to do" -Jiyoung LOL

Jiyoungie you dont even know how to do it but you

really pulled it off!! you're awesome!

"There are still many images that we want to show"

wahh cant wait <3 and i agree that most of their unseen

image are expressed on shows.

thank you for the article!

Member Han Seungyeon said: "We really are very busy. This was our 6th album release and seems we get more busy with every new album release", "But being busy is better than worrying for having nothing to do. Our body might be tired but our mind is at peace", she said with a smile on her face.

I've always heard that Seungyeon speaks well in interviews and she did not disappoint here. What a beautiful answer. Instead of making fans worry about their health, she reassures us that they are at peace. Genius.

thank you for sharing!

i actually really liked seungyeon's quote: "But being busy is better than worrying for having nothing to do. Our body might be tired but our mind is at peace." she makes an excellent point, its better to have work than not. well said hammie, well said =)

gyuri wants to learn japanese? i think our favorite fanboy gekidan hitori just might faint hahhaaha!

also, jiyoung is ridiculously cute. after saying that bit about just doing what they tell her, oh man you know you wanna pinch her cheeks lol.

above all though, you have to respect that they prefer doing things as a group, not individually. i love their commitment to each other. i can't wait for more of their variety show appearances to be subbed and posted =)

kara fighting!

it's truly amazing to see their image progress as well as their development as individuals. the idol life most def. isn't the easiest, but having fans like KH that accept them for who they are and support them hopefully helps ahah!

very interested to see where their activities and image takes them next as a group and each of them in their own personal pursuits.

Edited by teeCao

Truelly am happy for the girls.

They've come a long way since Rock U after the near-disband they got from the 11 month hiatus.

I dont' think many would have thought that Kara would one day come onto the top step of the Kpop genre, and now they've finally done it.

I really am happy for them!

And its just double good news that the girls said they will want to fill the year with Kara group activities! That's always good news! :gyc3:

Jiyoung so cute. :) LOL. Just doing what she is told to do :P

Ham's really good in answering in interviews :(

Thanks for the share :) And translating :)