[2010.03.23] Kara's Nicole "Motivated diet due to an idol"

sweetcaramelism

I can't believe she listen to some guy...

But you know what? She still looks great no matter

what type of body she has. If she wanted to go on a diet

then good for her. She looks fabulous. (:

Now the knetizens/international netizens are going to

find out whom this person was. And more rumors are going to start....

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how rude...

0.o I didn't think she was fat in the Mister days! She is a naturally petite girl!

I wonder who he is >< He really needs some sense knocked into him. Even if the girl he had spoken to is a bit chubby, saying something like that could really hurt =(

YEAH NICOLE! Show him ^^

╔══════════════╗

Seriously, I was so mad when I read this!

Just who does this guy think he is?!?!

Nicole had always had a great body to begin with!

Then I watch the episode and find out it was Key...

Well, that's kinda understandable since they're close friends

and that he was just joking around~ but still Key shouldn't have said that!

Heheh now Key must really be drooling over Cole's smexy figure~

╚══════════════╝

I'm sure a lot of these artists have somebody to tell them about losing weight and Nicole's just so happened to be a male idol. I'm glad that she is in good shape now but I hope she doesn't want to slim down more and more. Anyway I can't wait to see Strong Heart for the entire story.

i don't know how it was said, but my mom taps me on the butt and says stuff like, "ahh my chubby little girl"...kinda thing and once in a while, i eat less during dinner and just watch out that i eat healthily. i don't think nicole was ever fat, but i don't think she looks horridly skinny now.

@daebak, so you're disappointed in someone because they are not as confident as they could be and took a comment like this to heart and then worked hard to achieve this goal? i thought as a fan, we should be more concerned her well-being instead of judging her, but like you said, it's your opinion.

nicole is an idol and we know the pressure they receive from netizens is already quite severe. (remember tiffany's "fat" article?) but to hear it from someone in the same business or possible friend? it's not easy. plus, this was before Mister promotions and possibly SGB and Nicole wasn't as popular back then. Also. Nicole did say she gained weight during Pretty Girl and Honey performances. If you look at it, they all (except for Hara) did gain weight between Rock U and Honey. I'm not saying they were big, but to themselves, they at some point probably thought, "I need to go back to my old weight". if you compare, many idols lose weight right during different periods of their promotions, but most don't talk about it. Props to SeungYeon and Nicole for being honest and not just denying it.

Some may think it's not a good message, but hey, misleading us into thinking we can all achieve the impossible without hard work,determination and eating healthily and exercising is not good either.

Anyway, i do think Nicole isn't as confident despite her charisma on stage and in the past, there were comments that she's not as pretty as other ppl (see Nicole goes to college). I hope she knows how much her fans love her for her charisma, beautiful outlook and her awesome personality and gain strength from this!

i respect your opinion, but i don't think it goes too far to judge her pride coz IMHO its just her confidence and her pride got nothing to do with it, and also she's already want to do it before she heard the comment, so the comment just a trigger for her to start it. If you got dissapointed with her just because of that, i have nothing to say, but i think as a fan i try to accept or at least try to understand why they do it coz you can't judge someone before you got on their shoes.
of course i understand why she would do it as a young girl in an image obsessed, hyper-critical society but just because i understand why doesnt mean im not disappointed. the way the article is worded makes it sound like she went on a diet to please that idol and didnt even see a thing wrong with that. to say that on tv... i cant help but think of all the impressionable little girls who look up to nicole.

and in disappointed i mean that i thought she was a little stronger than that and it makes me sad that she isnt. i dont dislike her for that though i just hope she gains more self-confidence in the future and that her idol friend thinks before he makes hurtful comments in the future. as an idol he should know the intense pressures idols are under.

anyways i still have in mind that this is allkpop so i cant trust the article. :gemadmire:

{SIGH) ! Why would he say that ? That is so mean and rude. I don't think it really motivated her ....

unless he meant it in a kind / jokely way. Anyways Nicole always looked good.

@daebak, so you're disappointed in someone because they are not as confident as they could be and took a comment like this to heart and then worked hard to achieve this goal? i thought as a fan, we should be more concerned her well-being instead of judging her, but like you said, it's your opinion.
yes i am (if the article is true) and i dont think theres a thing wrong with that. its like how i would be disappointed in a friend if they starting smoking crack because of peer pressure or changed the way they dressed just to fit in. i say this because i care if i didnt care i wouldnt say anything.

is there a fan rulebook? i didnt know there were rules. i think a good fan is someone who supports but doesnt support blindly.

@daebak

your choice of words might sound harsh, but hey you have your own opinion.

nothing wrong with it.

we fans can have different interpretation, especially from translated articles.

as for its validity, true or not, it doesn't matter to me.

so i can understand where're kara4life & lalalalahey coming from.

but no matter what, rule or no rule, we should be supporting nicole.

or like you said, i'm supporting her blindly. :)

Edited by red4summer

Nicole was the reason i got into KARA initially coz i sort of like 'fell in love' with her dorky and cheery personality on SGB (this coming from an ahjumma fan) LOL

She's always been my fave and comparing her physical now and during her Honey days, Nicole was chubbier back then.

Gosh! She was NEVER fat just meatier.. :)

We shouldn't really take this thing to heart coz of several reasons:

1) The person who 'motivated' her was Key. Someone who is very close to Nicole so I think he meant it as a constructive criticism ..

from someone who wants his friends to be better.

2) We also don't know exactly how Key worded the statement to Nicole and AKP articles has on several occasion, created confusion due to inaccurate or over-sensationalised interpretation of events. The true meaning could just be 'lost in translation'..

To make it simpler, if Key bluntly said 'Yo Nicole1 You're getting too fat for your own good" --

this to me is rude and inconsiderate!

But maybe what Key said was something like "Hey babe! Your chubbiness is adorable but if you loose some of it,

you'll be hotter and have more energy to perform better."

- this to me is constructive criticism and motivational!

Just my 2-cent! For what it's worth, I bet Key can't help but drool over Nicole smexiness now.. LOL