[2010.03.23] Kara's Nicole "Motivated diet due to an idol"

sweetcaramelism

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always interesting how things work out. You can always have something that you've always wanted to do, but sometimes all it takes is that one random comment from some random person to tip the scales! I know that's happened to me before! Hope Nicole's doing great, which it looks like she is!

@daebak, right there is no fan rule book and i was a bit ahead of myself in my comments. i just interpreted what you wrote to be a little harsh and rushed when we don't know the context or how she went about losing weight. if she exercised to tone up and changed her diet to eat more healthily, then it's not wrong. i think i related to the incident in my own way. i was not fat, just normal, but i did enjoy sweets like matcha frappes/ice cream/mochi, not chips or sodas, but still, could have cut down on sugar and rarely exercised. then i started to just sort of cut down on these things and exercise and just tone up and really felt a difference between looking thing and being fit. anyway, my point is that we can be a little more open and not judge by seeing if someone looks fat or not with clothes on as it is not an indication of health and if her goal is to become thinner by being healthier, i don't see this as succumbing to peer pressure or equivalent to trying crack.

more importantly, in my opinion, i just thought negative comments to a negative self image (if she has one) is not constructive. if i was bent on losing weight because i thought i was fat and someone said, i'm disappointed in you. i'd prob be angry and hurt and just think the other person doesn't understand. there are better ways to go about telling someone they are fine the way they are and this has nothing to do with supporting someone blindly.

anyway, those are just my thoughts and you are perfectly entitled to your opinions. sorry if i sounded defensive/offended you. waiting for subs of the epi! ><

@lalalalahey im not offended dont worry. i dont get offended very easily haha plus this is a good discussion in my mind. sorry my comments came off harsh, i honesty didnt think they were harsh at all!

i think you misunderstand me. i have no problem with anyone trying to lose weight or anything of that nature but rather i didnt like the suggestion that nicole lost weight solely because of a negative comment from a male idol, admits this on national tv and didnt express any opinion that the comment itself was wrong or that changing yourself based on other people is fine. thats what bothered me and i couldnt help but think nicole's an idol, little girls look up to her, what kind of message is she sending them.

but this was from allkpop so that opinion wasnt like concrete in my mind or anything... and turns out nicole did stand up for herself a little so that made me proud for her. (http://www.kpoplive.com/2010/03/23/nicole-...diet/#more-9770) i hope in the future she gains more self confidence though... i know its hard as a celebrity especially in the kind of society korea has but still.

Edited by daebak

Who ever that dorky dumby dude celebrity was, He must've had eye sight problems -.- What kind of guy dares to talk to a girl about weight? That's rude.. I do hope he apologizes soon -.-

@daebak, i'm glad there's no misunderstanding and thanks for the link.

guys, it's Key (Shinee). i can actually imagine him saying it, the way he would say things to his members and Jinwoon and Dongho on Maknae Rebellion. I don't think he means it in a hurtful way or too seriously. He prob thought she had some baby fat (and the dress during Honey was really not flattering) and was just stating a point as a friend and in a semi-joking way.

Glad that Nicole countered back to tell him to look at her face and not her body. Actually, if I were Nicole, I'd prob cheekily reply, "yes Key, I probably can't fit into your skinny jeans, but you probably can't fit into Taemin's either" LOL.

Nicole's reactions on Strong Heart when the guests guessed that it was Key was so cute and you can tell they're good friends! ><