[2010.03.24] Gyuri's feelings about her goddess image.

Harue

2010032015361210021.jpg

Kara's Park Gyuri revealed her feelings about her 'goddess' image.

During a meeting with Newsen reporters, Park Gyuri admitted: "I said many times that I'm a 'goddess' in variety programs, but in truth, I also did worry a lot thinking people would insult me."

On KBS 2TV's 'Star Golden Bell' among other programs, Park Gyuri entitled herself with the title of 'goddess', expressing her self-confidence by saying "I'm in charge of Kara's beauty". The viewers felt freshness from Park Gyuri's bold way of expressing herself.

"Being modest is considered a virtue in our country. In that sense, saying I'm a 'goddess' myself can be a little strange. I was concerned people would think something like 'What on earth is she?'"

Park Gyuri has always looked strong and determined, but even she wasn't worry-free. "It's just that I really value myself. Entertainers in general have the basic trait of loving themselves a lot, more than other people do. If you don't have that self-confidence, your life in the entertainment world won't be easy. Being stronger than the others is expressed this way."

Park Gyuri continued: "Before, my will to make everyone believe I'm a 'goddess' was strong, but now, I want to find Kara's image", "Please, look forward to our activities in variety programs."

On another note, Park Gyuri, who is focusing on her 'Lupin' promotions now, is expected to show her charms in a new variety program very soon.

Source: NEWSEN

Translated by Harue@KARAHolic.com

DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT THE CREDIT LINE WHEN TAKING OUT

------------------------------------------------

I can't imagine anyone but Gyuri to pull off a goddess concept... I recall she did get criticized in the beginning, but I guess her charms eventually turned over people's heart~ Anyway, seems she'll be a permanent on a new variety show! Looking forward that! :)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these are what & why i admire her.

be strong, confident, not afraiding of criticism, shielding & protecting the group.

she will always be the goddess in my life.

heard it so many times now, really looking forwards to the differents images coming up, be it in variety shows or cfs.

YAY! really hope that she could be in variety shows to..like family outing, invincible youth something like that cause gyuri really has a unique charm :) ...One thing that I adrime her the most is...she knows what she's doin ;)

omg.. Gyuri will be on a NEW show?.. ahhhh !!!

as always i admire Gyuri's insight, it is how it is ;)

If you don't have that self-confidence, your life in the entertainment world won't be easy.

yes.

thanks.. i was about to send this :)

I remember there were backlash and cristicism about her Goddess concept but then when I start reading comments now, more loves her for it. It's cos she was not just being arrogant about it, but more on show of confidence about herself which is actually nice and different :)

I'm looking forward to her new show, so happy she gets to do more solo stuff now ;)

lol i just saw this article but idk whta the meaning.. haha!!

and yeah.. i know she's strong.. and because that she's leader..

"I said many times that I'm a 'goddess' in variety programs, but in truth, I also did worry a lot thinking people would insult me."

haha!! lmao goddess.. i cant wait for her new show..

thanks for the translation harue...

Park Gyuri continued: "Before, my will to make everyone believe I'm a 'goddess' was strong, but now, I want to find Kara's image", "Please, look forward to our activities in variety programs."

She's tired of the goddess image?? but it fits her really well,hehehe..

Well I always hope for KARA big success!!

Finally I can't wait for her own variety show! Thanks for sharing...

Goddess is goddess.

She's elegant and she has her own style, no problems with that.

Love her the way she is.

And a new variety program that'll she'll be in?!

Hohohoho.... It's been a while since she was last a permanant guest on a variety prog (last I believe was SGB, no Kara Bakery doesn't count lol).

aww~ confidence is really the best thing you can have in entertainment industry..

if you don't have, others will think lowly of you.

---

[ot] creepy hands in the picture but beautiful face :)

Gyuri is a good entertainer. she can make people laugh.

She has a wit and unique that other person can do like she did.

she has a lot of confident . In charge of leader, she did the best.

but with Korean culture, that may make some people see her in overconfident.

however that is her charm.and I don't think she should change. coz that is her image" our goddess"

wow...

Gyuri..her self-confidence is the best....

she will always hold the title of Goddess....huhu~

"Being modest is considered a virtue in our country. In that sense, saying I'm a 'goddess' myself can be a little strange. I was concerned people would think something like 'What on earth is she?'"

haha~ you are the goddess...

ignore what other people said..some people might insult...but we all Kamilia thrust and confidence with your goddess image....

wow...she going to find Kara image...jjang...

and Gyuri going to be a permanent on a new variety show....can't wait for that show...

I hope its from KBS...huhu~

Thnx for translation and Sharing Harue...

I think Gyuri live up to her reputation of 'goddess' and she is such a caring and confident leader. I guess that is why people started changing their negative views towards Gyuri. This is what makes her so special <3

Hehe.. Look forward for her appearance at the variety show! So glad she get to do more solo activities since she seldom appear on the shows..

i thinks others might find it too self praising, but i think its ok. shes right after all, people in the entertainment industry needs alot of self confidence anfd eslf respect to face alot of people, and that always start with loving urself first. at least she wasnt deterred by her fears

GYURI HAWITINGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new variety program! YAY!!! gyuri did have lots of guest spots and radio shows, but i really wanted to see her on a recurring program!!! can't wait! yonshin! and i like how she's honest. artists can be shy, but the love of the stage is kind of equal to loving oneself (in a non arrogant way) and showing what one can do.