[2008.11.12] Girl Group Solo Activities Success Poll

tinggg

SNSD Taeyeon seems to be the most successful in solo activities!

2nd place is Kara's Han Seungyeon, 3rd place is Wonder Girls' Sunye

The recently debuted idol groups have their members working hard also on solo activities. In this respect, SNSD's Taeyeon was voted #1 in most successful out of the girl groups.

From the 4th through 11th of the month, the community portal site "DC Inside" had a poll called "The girl group member who seems to be the most successful in solo activities is?" and Taeyeon took first.

Out of 4,737 votes, Taeyeon received 1,680 votes (35.5%). Earlier this year she excelled in her song from the Hong Gil Dong OST, "If", which really got her noticed. She also had a duet with Kangta and was featured in The One's album. Recently her song "Can you hear me?" from the drama Beethoven Virus's OST has shown her that her future as a singer has infinite possibilities. Her success is very admirable.

2nd place with 1,383 votes (29.2%) was Kara member Han Seungyeon. Aside from their first single "Rock U" from this past summer receiving high praises, the lively Han Seungyeon also participated in solo activities when became the new MC to KM's SSGB. In addition, recently on MBC EveryOne's "Family Needed" she stars as the cute baby daughter, which is showing some of her hidden sides.

In 3rd place was Wonder Girls' leader Sunye with 189 votes (4%). Although compared to other girl groups, WG have focused on group activities, Sunye was featured in Mighty Mouth's hit song "Energy", which showcased her powerful singing ability.

SNSD's Tiffany and Hyoyeon, WG's Sohee, Brown Eyed Girls' GaIn followed.

Sports Chosun 11.12.08

http://spn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...8111200578.html

Credits: Mae, Tinggg

I know I'm biased...but dang SY did amazing...pretty close behind good ole tae tae ^^

Side comment: Yes, anne/mae...i did do this in a flash :P and it was easy language thank goodness lol

woo! Go Seungyeon! they didnt mentioned her MSL Break. :P

and that was before Rock U. lol i guess fans do want to see more of Seungyeon eh? haha.

random, Hyoyeon is on there too! :P and she's the one with the least activity amongst the snsd girls.

wee Seungyeon. Glad she's doing well. :P

Thanks Pillow!

woots!! go Tinggg.. yea we knew you would :P..

oh yea.. GO SEUNGYEON!!!... all that hard work paid off :P...

that's really a great accomplishment right? :P...

shows how popular she is and also Rock U received high praise? lol..

i'm still not sure how large of an impact that song had on Korea :P

hopefully more solo activities for the others to come :P..

yea anne.. kinda surprised Hyoyeon was up there too..

i thought she was kinda like the Nicole of SNSD XD.

edit:..

this poll is kinda unfair.. just the fact that many of candidates don't have solo activities..

so how would the netizens know if they will be popular or not XD

Wow! Seungyeon did very well to achieve second~ <3 Her bubbly ways on TV certainly capture a lot of people don't they? And I'm glad it does! It'd be strange if it didn't! Hahaha, she gets a lot of exposure and promotion. <3

I hope the other members follow this too. It'd be great if they got this type of exposure. <3

Woottttssssssss.... Congrats to our Choding Seungyeon.... the gap is quite big between 2nd and 3rd place....

Yeah other members should get more publication too.... but im not resist if they do it more to seungyeon coz she is so 'yummy' to see..... Love her even more on Family Needing.... and i hope she got another variety show of her own.....

Gosh im a girl and im kinda scared of myself for taking too much attention on other girl instead of male whom i used to be focus more if i want to make a 'normal' relationship....

Yeah ! SeungYeon really does well outside KARA !

She is not very far from TaeYeon and first place lol.

I think her solo activities are important since It brings a lot publicity to KARA

but I want the others to be exposured like Nicole.

Actually Hara begins to get lot of attentions too : she may follow SeungYeon steps

Wow! It's not surprise that Tae Yeonnie is first place :lol: her songs and vocals are beautiful and addicting. & I agree, Seung Yeon indeed can be successful solo, she's outgoing, beautiful, and she seems like she can handle it. C O N G R A T S to Tae Yeon, Seung Yeon, and Sun Ye!

I knew for sure Seung Yeon would be on that list but 2nd place, hey, that's awesome! Actually, I thought she would take first but I guess Tae Yeon is just that much busier huh?

Well, congrats to all the girls making the list. Atleast they have the drive to do other things when their music activites are in a halt.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...