What did you think about Kara's first Japanese Show case?

neris

Well, I was going to post something in the Streambox where the the --->Japanese Show Case<--- was at but, then I realized I should post a new topic about Kara's First Case in the Disscusionbox :)

So what did you think?

My thoughts:

I thought Kara's outfits were okay. x_x I was hoping for one of those white dresses they wear during honey performances or something new. Kara's hair was okay too. I think Seungyeon's was the best and Jiyoung's, Gyuri's. Jiyoung looked cute and young with her simple hair. Gyuri always looks good with long hair. Seungyeon's hair was so anime and japanese-ish xD It looked too cute ^-^ She should put that more often. Nicole's was ehhh.. Even though I never saw Nicole any differently, I did see her hair was a bit messy?And they could have done so much more w/ Hara's hair. Hara has nice, long hair and they should have done the simple curls she has :) The screen behind[i don't know if it was the camera] but, it wasn't the best quality. But, I was glad to see a lot of Gyuri's charm. Kara sang great :) During the performance of "Wait" their harmony was okay. Seungyeon was singing great!![i'm not Seungyeon biased, I'm Nicole biased but, Seungyeon was so good in the showcase okay? xD] And Gyuri's voice was absolutely wonderful.

They even video taped Gekitan Hitori. It was dark but, it was definitly him. You can spot him on 5:30 during part 1 :) I think he was shown more than once but, I don't want to look for it xD So just watch it and I'm sure some of you have something to say :)

OOO right right the girls are branching to Japan=) or showcase atleast hahah I've yet to check it out but I'm sure they did great!

Does anyone know if they will leave Korea to do promos in Japan?? I know they will be super successful regardless!!!

Edited by BoA3401

First of all, I was really surprised how well the girls interacted with the audience, especially Gyuri, who's able to pull off her goddess act, haha. :D The same goes for SY; she was really comfortable speaking in Japanese and arguing with Gyul~ The audience seems to love it too. Jing, Hara, and Nicole's Japanese isn't as good, but it's pretty endearing hearing them trying to speak Japanese, especially Jing. x3 Hara even wrote down notes on her palm haha.

The Japanese Kamilia are all really supportive too; they were even shouting the fanchants! They love our girls. <3

Performance-wise, they were all pretty solid, up to Kara's usual standards. Putting Pretty Girl at the very end is a smart choice because everyone seems to love that song, haha. It certainly is a way to end off the night with a bang.

Overall, it was a very successful showcase I must say, and I'm sure the audience and the girls had a lot of fun together. They get to see Kara again soon for the upcoming fanmeet! -wants to go to Japan..-

I was more focused on KARA and fans lol. I think overall, it was a really good showcase. The fans responded so well to KARA and the girls had fun with the audience more so then when they are with the Korean fans, I actually liked how they were just going with the flow :D Gyuri and SeungYeon lead the group as usual. I think their next concert will go just as well or even better. Though I felt a tad bit sad for the Korean fans, the Japanese fans got a concert first but I'm guessing they'll perform in Korea when they are more prepared like for a tour or something :)

I think for a showcase, overall they did a good one in Japan. There's live songs, interviews and interaction with fans even they showed what KaRa always great in making in form of selfcas. I think all the girls performed great and didn't look nervous performing in front of their "new" audiences, and i think the fact that they try to communicate in Japanese make the audiences at least acknowledge the efforts they've been doing to do this show. The choice of songs performed also good and i think they know what the Japanese like from them coz they ended it with Pretty Girl. Overall, i think the girls are ready for a full concert in Japan.

i havent heard of their japanese show case.

seems like a lot of korean pop singers are always promoting in other countries.

in my opinion, some kpop singers do great in other countries while most of them doesnt do so great.

for example BoA, she's doing very well in numerous countries.

i hope KARA does well and i hope they can get a big fan base in japan.

I LOVE KARA!

i'm more curious in what were those (shouted) words from the fans? :)

apparently gyuri & seungyeon are more comfortable with japanese language & audiences.

but the rest looked absolutely cute when trying to recall what were their memorized words. hahahh.

besides the stage performance, love the self camera too.

jing looked mischievously beautiful at the end. isn't she?

but again don't understand anything they said nor the japanese sub. :(

personally enjoy more on the wanna & mister performance, and yes i'm biased. :D

by the way, this is the day (first) session, right?

any links to the night (second) session?

@kripoi

i havent heard of their japanese show case.

>>CLICK HERE<<

@BoA3401

Does anyone know if they will leave Korea to do promos in Japan??

Yes they will be leaving Korea in early May. (:

@red4summer

by the way, this is the day (first) session, right?

any links to the night (second) session?

I think SY mentioned during showcase that it's their night show.

ah, i should have noticed.

same heart was only sung during the night performance.

thanks for the clarification, xichigo.

wish there're clips on the chocolate valentine day celebration.

gyuri and seungyeon were obviously more comfortable speaking japanese but it was endearing to see the others trying. im sure their sincerity came across to the japanese fans. i hated they way they styled them though! ugh from the hair to making them wear that pretty girl outfit. and i wish they sang their strongest ballad "i am". performance wise i think they did great. gyuri and seungyeon looked like they interacted with the fans well too. overall i think it was a great showcase. surprised by how many fans they had too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Their performance with the songs were great!! The audience seemed to like them very much.

I didn't like Nicole's hair though it blocked half of her face...........and the outfits could be better (it seemed a bit restricting to dance in and fabric looked thick = hot?)

Hopefully it will be subbed since I don't understand Korean nor Japanese :syc6:

• 3 weeks later...