KARA's Awards

xichigo

Since this is the awards thread I feel that this rant of mine is appropriate here.

[hide]These award shows these days seems completely biased and meaningless. You have an entertainment company being favored by one station and thus they receive the awards for practically doing nothing, these types of favoritism demeans any type of awards that is given. Because these top entertainment companies pays in to these stations to get top billing, makes it harder for the newly developed companies and their artistes to fully break through. And then there is this whole issue of being present at the award show to actually be given an award, this excuse is highly unreasonable. If the artist wins and deserve the award(s), they should be given the award regardless of their presence or not. With excuses like that it gives people the mind-set to question the integrity, quality, and fairness of the award. With the most recent MNet win that Kara did not receive, I find it highly doubtful that their competitor won it so quickly when it was still their comeback. Just because they are under the company that owns the show does not give them the right to give their artist the award. This is the reason why people question the integrity of everything that they do. Their recent MAMA was a pure JYP and YG love-fest, even with the threat that was issued upon them and towards the artistes and companies that chooses to attend by the three major stations. I'm honestly surprise that the three stations are allowing the artistes who are under MNet's management to still perform on their stage, they should have just banned them as a form of retaliation. The recent Golden Disk, don't tell me that Kara did not place at all during the year, their names should have been on the winner lists, especially if you consider some of the winners that were there. And I'm not just talking about Kara, there were a lot, and I stress a lot, of artistes who should be winning the awards but were not there. Completely unreasonable. But I digress.[/hide]

It has gotten to a point in which I feel like Kara doesn't need any of the awards that is given to them anymore, those awards are tainted to me, they are meaningless trophies that will eventually rust up and have no more worth than what they were the moment they received them. Kara has risen above their hardships and everything that they have done has been with great strength, honesty, and integrity. Their fame and popularity are measured by the treasured fans that they have and continue to gain through their future career. Look at Japan, look at the growing fan base of Korea, look at the international fan base, this might sound quite cheesy but in all honesty, I believe we are the best and most honest award that Kara could ever receive.

Thank you for reading this rant of mine. It seems most of my posts are random rants eh?... Sorry. Just needed to put out my bottled up aggressions.

@UnknownIdiot

understand the concerns that you were emphasizing on & i can't argue with anything but of all the power tussle between companys, their artists can also be the suffering ones too. usually they have no choice, so banning them to perform (to fans) may not be the wise option. the problem has to be directed to the roots (companys involved). anyway because of the known facts, today mubank win is even more meaningful since it's considered to be of lesser controversy. that's why sometimes i feel that kara has already achieved a lot with dsp.

Omg Baby Jing teared up at Inkigayo today TAT but good thing Sulli was there for her. And KeyJinCole, if Dongwoon was there it would've been complete XD

Damn the encore for being so short, but I'm so proud TT. It was the special 600th episode, too, so a special win for a special group :D