Do you want Kara to continue singing their songs from first album?

Ajussi

I know Kara has gone through some drastic member and concept changes over the last three years, but it somewhat saddens me that some of the great songs from their first album isn't really mentioned or heard anymore... even the members (well, the original three anyway) don't really mention them anymore either and they don't seem to play any of these at concerts/events (Even at the Japan promotional event, they didn't play any of these). It's almost as if they've decided to leave that particular past of them and have it be forgotten on purpose.

I know Sungja isn't around anymore and it does leave issues of who sings her parts, but perhaps Gyuri or Seungyeon are now capable of covering for her parts and divide up some of their original parts to Jiyoung and Hara? Or even do what 2PM did for their post-Jaebeom performances and leave Sunghee's parts alone on speakers or something... If Kara were ever to have a solo concert I would definitely wish for them to sing these songs (If U wanna and Secret World are STILL some of my favourite Kara songs)... While they weren't as popular, the work of original Kara should still be remembered and cherished by fans and not be pushed aside like it is now IMO (of course, with much respects to both Hara and Jiyoung).

What do you all think?

Edited by Ajussi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very difficult to answer. Well, the Kara i like is the 5 member one, not the 4.Still, I think they shouldn't forget the past so that they will know how much they have gone through to be the Kara we recognize now.So, my answer is Yes they should sing the songs on their 1st album, but sing it with equal proportions for each member rather than focusing more on Gyuri, Seung Yeon and Nicole. After all, each and everyone of them is a part of Kara. :D

i'm supportive of this great idea. it should be included in next dsp's agenda.

me too wondering why they seldom sing hits from first blooming album.

really hope one day they can perform on stage, rather than listening from my playlist.

like many of us here in kh, i'm a new fan too.

hence inorder to know the group better, i downloaded as many videos as i can find on kara4.

though they are limited, watching the clips makes me feel that sunghee is actually still handling around with kara.

maybe she's still bit unfamiliar to me, i consider she's part of kara.

there're lots of ifs, but hey let's move forward without forgetting the past.

be it kara4, kara5 or even kara6, they are still the kara we choose to love unconditionally.

so instead of lupin & mister, or lupin & honey, why not lupin & break it?

let's once a while have the girls re-sing first album songs, to show & prove the world what they had mistakenly ignored previously.

also can serve as a reminder on how kara had survived those tough times, how kara had picked up & are kicking right now.

another point, why is kara seriously lacking of mv releases? the last two were wanna & lupin. surely dsp can do better? no?

having more mvs on tv can appeal to more people easily & frequently.

i don't really understand this part of the strategy.

and please let each has equal amount of lines, if possible. :)

and lastly, jira were not recruited to replace sunghee, but to revive luckless kara.

sunghee is irreplaceable, similarilty jira too. :eyelove:

Edited by red4summer

Pretty sure it was done on purpose, why KARA rarely refers to anything KARA 4 unless prompted. They have sung If U Wanna a couple of times during the Rock U Era. I think why the original songs were loved was b/c of the vocals, hear that all the time.

Maybe for now not really.

I am a new fan but I've been listening to Kara4 songs these days and I love it.

The thing is, now they show themselves as a 5 people group and no longer being called 2nd Fin.K.L so it will be best if they just stick to Kara5 songs.

Perhaps if they have a Kara Concert, and Sunghee is invited as a VIP guest and they can have the open stage with Kara4 performing the old songs.

Great idea? =p

I think they should, not always, but once in a while it would be good.

Like doing an special with their "old" stuff.

I don't know, but that's part of them too and they should make people remember who they were and who they are now.

lol..

i'm agree with red4summer..

i've seen them perf If U wanna sumtimes..

but yeah just like mae said...it was done on purpose i think..

just like most of the groups out there that having member changes..

but i do wish they can perfrom the old songs again..

for me,the best kara's album so far still the first blooming..

and i do really miss sungja too..

Perhaps if they have a Kara Concert, and Sunghee is invited as a VIP guest and they can have the open stage with Kara4 performing the old songs.

GREAT!! xD

this is what i think too, probably on some "orders".

oh well, they or co must have their reason(s).

from fan point of view, it'll still be nicer if old songs are sung & used during performance,

and not just remembered from its album sale.

sung as vip sounds GREAT, but also appeared to me it seems distanced.

i would love to see them do it, maybe during their first solo concert

it would be meaningful if they do that during the concert, it would bring back memories and remind us how much they have grew since then

Maybe for now not really.

I am a new fan but I've been listening to Kara4 songs these days and I love it.

The thing is, now they show themselves as a 5 people group and no longer being called 2nd Fin.K.L so it will be best if they just stick to Kara5 songs.

Great idea? =p

yeah celest , i like ure thinking HAHA

i want a kara concert in singapore );

and yes ! they should invite sungja ! and sing their old songs . and not forgetting their new awesome songs too <3

• 2 weeks later...

I will waiting for this moment..

I really missed Gyuri, Seungyeon and Nicole perform break it in the stage..

Maybe in the future..~~Now, Hara and Jiyoung's vocal ability has been sharpened up..

I hope they can sing the song like secret world ( this song has very powerful sunghee vocal~~ :blink: ) well..

I think it would be nice if they sang Break It. I mean Nicole, Gyuri and Seungyeon has improved so much. I think in Kara4 DSP thought Kara would be sucessful because they sang good[because kara4 sang really good live ^-^ And break it was a REALLY good song] I think Kara should atleast sing secret world or break it.

Kara5 already sang If You Wanna right? but I think they just put vocals over the original >_< I want an original.

the only 1st Blooming song i ever saw performed by Kara5 was If U Wanna, and i think they did a good job there, but still felt there's something missing with that song, personally i agree it had to do with vocal-wise, Sunghee vocals are quite the strong point in it, and i think the reason that the only song performed again by Kara5 because its the "cutest"song of their first album and suit Kara5 image at that time

i would love to see them performed some song from first album like secret world, and i can imagine they performed it, but i don't think it will happen soon unless they held a concert of their own...and hey even some great song from PG or Revolution even never performed live so....

• 2 weeks later...

I heard of kara when they had their comeback with Wanna, but when i went to youtube to find out more about them,i ended up watching videos when it was just the 4 of them with Sunghee, i love their old songs and would love to see them perform it live and to see hara and jiyoung performing their old songs too. Come on, we all know Break It was kara's bad-*** period ^_^ Who wouldnt wanna see Hara and Jiyoung being badass too? LOL

It would be weird without Sunghee since her voice was really powerful, so I can't imagine the current group singing songs from the first blooming. I really do like the older songs too. Maybe they could sing it for fun, but I can't see them actually singing it in a live performance.

from the first album I really like If U wanna... I recently watched Swallow The Sun and I was really happy to hear Braek it there like background :D but it'll be really strange without Sunghee she really has a purfull voice ... :)

they should totally do the old songs again, like maybe in a special kara concert or something

it'd be like a dedication to SungHee, showing that Kara members still remember Sunghee and that they miss her.

and I love so many songs from Kara's old days, they were mostly focused on the singing

KARA 4 and KARA 5? I love KARA not because of one of the members, I supported them as 1 group that have great members.. Honestly, I really want to hear all songs, from the Break It until now.. I think Sungja's part can be divide up to JiRa.. I'm sure Sungja will understand and give respect to KARA members and all Kamilia.. And about DSP, they should promote KARA more and more.. Making more MVs..

Heck yes! But I don't think it will happen.

They're gaining a lot of success for being different from other girl groups in Korea

and have a cute flair versus sexiness.

And plus if you look at Hara and Jiyoung's voices-even though I love them, I don't think

they have strong or r&b-contemp. pop that could make the Break It era songs sound the same.