Your KARA \ Karaholic Merchandise Collection

mae

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I was searching for KARA Jumping pictures out of sheer boredom and I stumbled upon this picture on a Korean fan's blog

148517_461655930255_512145255_5379337_6687499_n.jpg

I don't know if this is a guy...but if he is I'm sure he doesn't know many girls. I'm a guy and I just buy all their Korean CDs and most of my female friends/GFs think that I'm obsessed with KARA. I'd hardly say that...maybe I should show them this picture. Most Korean girls would be scared off. I actually closed the blog without checking if the fan was male or female.

no, not too much Kara, but u made too many threads lol.

Anyway buying all the CDs and collectibles is very mild.

Nowadays, being a fan of groups is quite a hip and trendy thing to do unlike the past, where negative social stigma associated is still strong. Like Hitori san the number 1 J kamilia also went to meet Kara with his wife so it is perfectly alright to be fan.

Just like watching your favorite movie, this is an hobby/activity that can be healthy and interesting, as long as it does not interfere too much to your work and family. In fact there are many worse things that one can be obsessed with. To me, it is an outlet where I can have a little giggle, spazz on the girl's cuteness and enjoy their music. Definitely better than playboy magazine.

And when you are old, you can show the CDs to your children and tell them what music was like in your era :tongue:

Edited by tinaomina

how do I delete? I clicked submit ONCE and it took over 2 minutes of loading so I closed Firefox and went back here for find a bunch of topics...sorry

I found out how to delete 아싸!

Anyways...that is a lot if you are purchasing "official" KARA merchandise. Anyone can print up 100 pictures and make KARA wallpaper but that just means you have WAY too much free time ㅋㅋㅋ

Edited by 박진건

No offense, but you shouldn't say that about people who buy heaps of merchandise, you're making fun of them. They're called devoted fans, they're different from Westerners. The fans in Korea see their idols on stage live, they have a different kind of closeness to them. Having truckloads of their merchandise is a sign of supporting the artist, not how much time they have. If a fan has that much stuff and shows it to other people, it's something to be proud of, that Kara would have fans that would love and support them that much.

Edited by loveholic

No offense, but you shouldn't say that about people who buy heaps of merchandise, you're making fun of them. They're called devoted fans, they're different from Westerners. The fans in Korea see their idols on stage live, they have a different kind of closeness to them. Having truckloads of their merchandise is a sign of supporting the artist, not how much time they have. If a fan has that much stuff and shows it to other people, it's something to be proud of, that Kara would have fans that would love and support them that much.

Actually, even thought what you say is true I can't say that I'm impressed with that sort of behaviour; no matter how close you think you are to an artist - they still don't know you exist. Also, after I heard that fans buy loads of one song/album just to help their artists win... I don't know... that just seems like a waste of money to me. And an almost cult-like obsession. 'devoted fans' is like a self-balm adjective for 'obsessed extremist'. Honestly, no-one should buy 10-50 copies of the same thing like that. It's not something I'd ever say a person should be proud of.

Just my opinion really... and yes, that pic is light compared to how much REAL fanatics buy...

As long as you aren't buying several thousand copies of one cd like some hardcore akb fans, you're ok. That's just crazy.

holy thousand copies of one cd? dedicated fans, seriously. :thumbup:

okay tbh i know several people here who have kara museum in their room/home. lol. :tongue:

as for me, i'm trying to support them by buying their cds. though it's hard because i'm a poor college student. lols.

3 "Rock U" Why someone needs 3? (Well sometimes there are issures, but 3)

Also 3 "Stars falling from the sky"?

Ok! There's a difference with the 2 "Lupin"?

Also 2 "Mr. "repeated""

Well seriously you haven't seen western fans with videogames/comics/anime (or others) also more merchandise more support for something.

Well ok, ok, most of the western female people thinks that having some sort of collections is werid (even parents think so at the beggining) but when you got a new item (especielly if is limited, [or it was sime sort of prize]) you feel good.

In short words:

SEND ME THAT REPEATED ITEMS to start a "KARA Collection" RIGHT NOW

no, not too much at all

compare with wat i hav seen, this is actually consider "little" :whistling:

for the way hardcore fans buying stuff, for me i would actually look at it as a hobby of collecting things

ppl can collect stamps, watches, toys, comic books, and etc etc etc

so y not things related to fandom?

i personally collecting earphones, it is definitely a joy to add something new to ur own collection :tongue: :tongue:

Edited by ginny_gin

Loveholic, you realize I am Korean and I'm talking about Korean girls telling me I'm obsessed with just buy all of their Korean CDs right?

Honestly, aside from their Korean CDs, Japanese CDs, posters, star cards, and most Japanese merchandise there isn't much more "official" stuff to collect, so I'd say that's a good collection compared to what KARA has released.

Hell, I have 3 posters on my wall (Nicole MBC Muse Gallery, Jumping promo poster, Lupang promo poster) and that sometimes makes girls give me an awkward look.

And I don't know where you got the impression this is okay in Korea, people will associate you with otaku which is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination. Korea (although I love it) is an extremely judgemental society.

I think it's okay in moderation, I buy the Korean CDs because I live in Korea. All the posters I have came with the CD/DVD. Going out of my way to order multiple Japanese version of the the same CD with different items (DVD, photobook, addition tracks) is a bit obsessive in my eyes, but to each their own.

In terms of saying they have too much free time, I was implying if someone printed up a bunch of KARA pictures and plastered their wall with them...yes, that is definitely having too much free time.

In closing, KARA loves anyone who buys their CDs PERIOD because you are supporting them. However they don't know you and they don't care about you (on a personal level), they love their fans because that is what they are paid to do (perform and make people buy their CDs)

Edited by 박진건

Everybody is different. When a fan likes a group, she/he would like to have as much information about the group as possible, that includes pictures, CD's etc. One doesn't have to be obsessed in order to collect materials about the group

A fan knows that is very improbable to meet the members of the group personally. The group members are no going to "personally care" about a particular person they don't know, but they care about the fans in general. So, we as fans should appreciate that and love them back. :)

:wub::wub::wub:

i got what you meant. lol calm down... what's with the heavy mood?

And I don't know where you got the impression this is okay in Korea, people will associate you with otaku which is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination. Korea (although I love it) is an extremely judgemental society.

this one applies in my country too, being judged as a freak who love korean.

but hey everyone have their own way to support their idol, as for most of them(hardcore), it is by buying their idol's cds thus the sales will go up.

it depends on your perspective in how to see it, i see it as dedicated fans who love their idol, their way of support is tangible.

and others might see it as a freak who waste a lot of money, absolutely idiot.

In closing, KARA loves anyone who buys their CDs PERIOD because you are supporting them. However they don't know you and they don't care about you (on a personal level), they love their fans because that is what they are paid to do (perform and make people buy their CDs)

but i can't agree with this, seriously. i won't say anything hard, but keep this in mind:

they are not machine who work only for money and give fake smiles.

Edited by stevenstanley