Anyone here who was once a hater/ anti of Kara?

JiRaJjang01

I started off this topic because I hate reading hateful comments in AKP left by haters/antis about leader Gyuri. I just wanna know if there is anyone here who used to hate Kara/ specific member of Kara/ Kara's image/ etc.. and why? What about now? Are you still a hater? And if you're not anymore, what made you change your mind?

I was never a fan of any girl group. Back then, I only know SNSD, WG & Jewelry (I knew Kpop quite late~). But I was (am) not a fan of these groups. I knew Kara too but I was once a hater especially of Hara & Gyuri. Any articles about them, I didn't even bother to take a peek.

Gyuri

I used to hate her because of the Goddess image she portrayed. I first saw/knew her in Come To Play with SNSD...During that time, I was like, ''Who is this arrogant lady? And she's not even beautiful...she must be one of those plastics''...She was once my most hateful member of Kara. :P

Now, I love those image of hers. The image of a strong & cool woman she had. I love her confidence & wittiness. I love how she cares about the other members and how she stands up for Kara. The funniest thing is, I find that the Goddess image suits her well. She is beautiful inside & outside for me. (but out of all members, I think she has the most antis.. :D )

SeungYeon

Got nothing much against her. I was just quite annoyed by her cute image.. :D

Now, I know that she is just naturally cute because of her 'choding' face.

Nicole

My feeling towards Nicole was natural. I just found her cute. It was neither hate nor love.

Now, nothing really change. I still find her cute. I like her character. Out of all Kara members, hers is the most similar to mine. :P

Hara

Haha..my second most hateful member of Kara. I had the feeling that this girl was just acting all innocent and pretty. I can't really remember why but I disliked the 'doll' image of hers. For me, she seemed to portrayed an image of a fragile and weak girl.

Hara gradually & slowly growing in me that I can't really remember the specific moments/events that made me change my mind. But one thing, I was sure that I love this girl when I saw her competitive streaks in 'Sweet Girl-Chuseok Special'. She is not what I used to think she is. I also love her dorkiness in IY.

Jiyoung

I never knew/ noticed her before. But, she is the first Kara member to capture my heart. She is the one responsible for making me fall for Kara. It all happened after I saw her doing 'Heartbeat' in SSTP with Gyuri. She's super cute and adorable! I then searched more about Jing and the next thing I remember is, I started digging more about Kara. And now, I am a proud Kamilia!!! :D

Before, I never had/showed any interest about Kara. I didn't even bother to know who are the members (that's why I didn't even know Jing's existance :D ).

Okay, I realized one thing. The more what I just find out about a member contradict to my previous thought, the more my level of fondness towards that member is. I'll give Hara as an example. She is even one of my favorite now (together with Jing). And if I can name the next favorable member, it'll be Gyuri.

I also used to hate the cute image of them. But now, since I find them naturally cute, I'm OK with the image. Haha! I blame myself for being too judgmental....

Reading all those haters' comments really pissed me off. But I was once one of them. So, I sort of can understand them. But I hope that one day, those haters and antis will get a chance to know more about Kara and to change their negative thoughts about Kara as I do!

I'M A HATER TURNS FAN! :D

p/s: sorry for the long essay!

• Like 1

I started off this topic because I hate reading hateful comments in AKP left by haters/antis about leader Gyuri. I just wanna know if there is anyone here who used to hate Kara/ specific member of Kara/ Kara's image/ etc.. and why? What about now? Are you still a hater? And if you're not anymore, what made you change your mind?

I was never a fan of any girl group. Back then, I only know SNSD, WG & Jewelry (I knew Kpop quite late~). But I was (am) not a fan of these groups. I knew Kara too but I was once a hater especially of Hara & Gyuri. Any articles about them, I didn't even bother to take a peek.

Gyuri

I used to hate her because of the Goddess image she portrayed. I first saw/knew her in Come To Play with SNSD...During that time, I was like, ''Who is this arrogant lady? And she's not even beautiful...she must be one of those plastics''...She was once my most hateful member of Kara. :tongue:

Now, I love those image of hers. The image of a strong & cool woman she had. I love her confidence & wittiness. I love how she cares about the other members and how she stands up for Kara. The funniest thing is, I find that the Goddess image suits her well. She is beautiful inside & outside for me. (but out of all members, I think she has the most antis.. :( )

SeungYeon

Got nothing much against her. I was just quite annoyed by her cute image.. -_-

Now, I know that she is just naturally cute because of her 'choding' face.

Nicole

My feeling towards Nicole was natural. I just found her cute. It was neither hate nor love.

Now, nothing really change. I still find her cute. I like her character. Out of all Kara members, hers is the most similar to mine. :tongue:

Hara

Haha..my second most hateful member of Kara. I had the feeling that this girl was just acting all innocent and pretty. I can't really remember why but I disliked the 'doll' image of hers. For me, she seemed to portrayed an image of a fragile and weak girl.

Hara gradually & slowly growing in me that I can't really remember the specific moments/events that made me change my mind. But one thing, I was sure that I love this girl when I saw her competitive streaks in 'Sweet Girl-Chuseok Special'. She is not what I used to think she is. I also love her dorkiness in IY.

Jiyoung

I never knew/ noticed her before. But, she is the first Kara member to capture my heart. She is the one responsible for making me fall for Kara. It all happened after I saw her doing 'Heartbeat' in SSTP with Gyuri. She's super cute and adorable! I then searched more about Jing and the next thing I remember is, I started digging more about Kara. And now, I am a proud Kamilia!!! :P

Before, I never had/showed any interest about Kara. I didn't even bother to know who are the members (that's why I didn't even know Jing's existance :lol: ).

Okay, I realized one thing. The more what I just find out about a member contradict to my previous thought, the more my level of fondness towards that member is. I'll give Hara as an example. She is even one of my favorite now (together with Jing). And if I can name the next favorable member, it'll be Gyuri.

I also used to hate the cute image of them. But now, since I find them naturally cute, I'm OK with the image. Haha! I blame myself for being too judgmental....

Reading all those haters' comments really pissed me off. But I was once one of them. So, I sort of can understand them. But I hope that one day, those haters and antis will get a chance to know more about Kara and to change their negative thoughts about Kara as I do!

I'M A HATER TURNS FAN! :tongue:

p/s: sorry for the long essay!

Can definitely say that this is one of the most surprising posts out there. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and welcome to the fandom!

hallo jirajjang01, saw your earlier post in gyul radio dj-ing news.

i am glad to see you making this interesting thread.

so another hater turned fan, this time from gyulhara hater to jiragyul fan. :)

because the fact gyul & hara received the most from haters/antis, the more supports we need to shower them with.

especially from those who once suspected them.

what you mentioned about jing was what actually happened to me, but mine was seungyeon.

oh for once, feel i don't belong to a thread. :D

but really pleased to have heard from you.

believe there're some in kh, hope they can contribute theirs too.

I don't think I've ever hated Kara or an anti. there was once when SJ was complimenting Nicole and I got jealous since I was an ELF[turned into a Kamilia ^-^] but, now Nicole is my favorite xD But I was never an anti or a hater. When I was introduced to Kara, I just ignored the first time I saw them in Star King but I was curious so I looked them up. I wasn't really a fangirl but Kara turned me into one. I knew that SNSD was out there but, for some reason I didn't warm up to them. They were funny and professional on shows but, Kara was just so natural on the show, I visited this place and I grown to like Kara.

I dunno why I like them so much, I just do xD

I'm also glad you came to like Kara ^-^ Sometimes we just need to dig in deeper to know them[variety shows sometimes bring out a different idol than what they usually are xD]

Edited by nerdxissa

I didnt hate them i just didnt care about them whatsoever but I did (and still do if im honest...) think their songs suck. I hate rock u and pretty girl because I really, really can't stand overly cute and high-pitched songs.

now i think theyre one of my favourite kpop groups. i root and cheer for them more than any other group. im not sure why though! maybe i like their underdog story.

there are hara antis? ive never seen any in the international kpop community... oh i guess some people think she crys too much on tv. as for gyuri... i can understand why she has them, teenage girls do like to tear each other down. the fact that many things don't translate well or english kpop news sites only like to report half the situation to create heated responses doesn't help.

^ lol totally agree with you... :)

i didn't hate them but i don't care about them... SNSD is my first Kpop group because my friend tell to me Gee ( wth this mv so so so jjang) and Honey in same time and i prefer Gee ( lmao ).

But after watch watch and watch Honey MV 1378640384639 times, i think i'm getting loving KARA and i'm moving from Sone to Kamilia.. lol

and yeah, Kang jiyoung bring me to Kara because her adorable amazing face at Honey MV. she is the first Kara member to capture my heart. ( uugh, this girl got more attention from me and me always focusing to her... rofl) maknae :D

First time i saw Honey MV, i didn't like Hara because some reason i don't know what's the reason rofl and also nicole ( maybe because nicole has short hair there and you know i don't like short hair style)..

but gyuri, Damn!!! i thought she's europe or america people because her face, ( why this girl looks so amazing) GORGEOUS!!!!! and i think she must be one of those plastics.. (lmao i don't know why i've thought like that rofl) but after knew KARA, IKR she has natural beauty, even not wearing make up...

for Seungyeon unnie, i never thinking bad think about her, she always cute and jjang from first time i watched Honey :P and she's my 2nd fav on KARA :D...

ummm.. KARA, SNSD and WG has debut together.. in 2007, but Kara not lucky like WG and SNSD... *sigh* netizen called them Economic Idols lmao, i really love how Kara hardwork.. that's so amazing!!! and that's why i love Kara so much! they work really hard for got popularity and Now, who don't know KARA? everyone on Korea should be know because Kara so popular now!!

2007 - 2008 Wondergirls

2009 - SNSD

2010 - KARA Yeah!! 2010 is KARA's year!!

and Now, I'm Kamilia ( not 100%) lol :D

I love KARA and SNSD. KARA is my heart and SNSD is my Drugs!!!

and i really really really Hate Antis, because they're SUCKS!!!

I'm not hater turns FANS!! Kamilia <333

not sure if its called antis, but there was a time when i really dislike Seung Yeon, it happen because of the Pretty Girl incident with Nicole (i'm Nicole biased btw) on early 2009 and i guess i was contaminated with hateful comments towards her at the time and just believe all of it :moody:

....even during Revolution promo i still not had a soft spot for her, with rumours of she and Nicole didn't get along well and such.... :giggly:

But as time goes by, i think its all in the past, especially after her story in Strong Heart i'm impressed with her strong will and hard working ethic :sulk:, i guess she just have different attitude when dealing with things.

She's probably not my favourite KaRa members, but now i have so much respect with her :sweatdrop:

Edited by kara4life

Sadly, Gyul does have the most antis, followed by Hara.

Some people just don't understand their confidence and coolness~!

For me, I wasn't a hater before I liked Kara; in fact Kara's the first kpop girl-group I loved.

Thank you for sharing this essay; it takes a lot to become a fan from being an anti.

Same thing goes for me, the more you watch the members of KARA, the more you started to love them, slowly and steadily. I can't help but to love the character of Goo Hara in one Invincible Youth episode in which she hugged Sunny after speaking out her honest feelings

Ususally I'm always an anti before I start liking something, but in KARA's case I wasn't.

I was more indifferent against them. They grew on me with their Mister performance.

I really like the song and the chorepgraphy, it's really catchy :)

i was'nt a hater of kara .

but when i first started listening to kara , i dont really like gyuri .

i was like wow whats with her ego .

but than yeahhh now i love her <3

she got what it takes to be ego about ! she's just a super super awesome leader !

she really cares for her members .

I don't know if we can call me a hater but I used to dislike Hara so much !

As a fan of KARA 4, the departure of Sung Hee made me very sad.

When DSP decided to choose two new members, I expected some people as talented as Sung Hee was.

I remember watching internet audition video and the girl I really didn't want into KARA was this girl...Hara

She can't sing and moreover she looks to much like So Hee of Wonder Girls (Sorry, I don't like her)

So when DSP revealed the two new members, I was so disapointed to see this girl in the group

I really started to dislike her and everything she did bothered me so much :

- Why do people think she is pretty ?

- She is not even great as a dancer

- Her voice sucks !

- Of course...she is innocent like Korean wants idol to be

But one day, Pretty Girls teaser came out and Hara was super gorgeous, just like a doll !

And with popularity, KARA started to go more and more on shows

I also started to watch Idol Show with KARA as MC and slowly changed my mind about Hara

She is so funny and dorky ! In every show she is in, I can be sure to laugh lol.

The more I watch and learn about her, the more my love for her grew up

The innocent and quiet girl turned to be a fun and sensitive girl.

Now I simply love her and she is my favorite mamber with Nicole lol.

I think people should try to give a chance and to learn more about a person before judging her/him

I remerber beeing so hurt by all the hateful comments on Allkpop

But slowly, people start to change their mind about the girls

As fans, we can't do anything against anti or hater except to support the girls !

Edited by Solin

On youtube, I see lots of Gyuri, Hara, and Seungyeon haters :)

I wasn't a hater. I've always been a fan. I'll support KARA to the end~! But seeing how the haters misunderstand the girls make me sad. That's why I always defend them on youtube XD

For Gyuri haters: They must watch that SGB clip where Gahee said something about our Gyul's real personality. And the old kara4 vids.

For Hara haters: Watch Invincible Youth!

For Seungyeon haters: Watch the teacher is coming. I almost cried because of that.

For Jiyoung haters: LOL i can't think of anything, but probably the clip where she teases Gyul to take the toilet pose at kara bakery XD that was super funny

For Nicole haters(are there?): watch her SGB clips! i saw someone who used to hate nicole before because she thought her cuteness was all an act XD but now she's a nicole fan after watching SGB!

not sure if its called antis, but there was a time when i really dislike Seung Yeon, it happen because of the Pretty Girl incident with Nicole (i'm Nicole biased btw) on early 2009 and i guess i was contaminated with hateful comments towards her at the time and just believe all of it :moody:

....even during Revolution promo i still not had a soft spot for her, with rumours of she and Nicole didn't get along well and such.... :D

But as time goes by, i think its all in the past, especially after her story in Strong Heart i'm impressed with her strong will and hard working ethic :D, i guess she just have different attitude when dealing with things.

She's probably not my favourite KaRa members, but now i have so much respect with her :)

omygoodness this is exactly me too

i fell love with nicole first sight, and i read some comments somewhere far far away not from this forum that seungyeon did not like nicole and blah blah blah and i was like "wow she's a terrible person"

but I never found any real proof or evidence showing this, so now I pretty much dismiss this idea since they all get alone so well, so yea my least favorite kara member was Seungyeon, but now they are all so awesome and cool and pretty :)

It seems that there are not so many people here who used to dislike Kara (any members)...reading some of the comments here (of those who never dislike Kara) make me feel like a bad person...haha :sweatdrop:

I wasn't that sooo much of a hater of Kara before...it is just that, because of certain members who I used to dislike :tongue: , I never ever had the intention to get to know more about Kara (especially when they had 2-3 group members who annoyed me)...

Reading all the hateful comments about Kara (anywhere in Kara's articles), I can say that both Gyuri & Hara have the most haters. (the reasons for hating are quite similar with mine :gemdown: )...in which I would say a bad thing for Kara. Fortunately, Kara has gained more popularity nowadays and more people can get to see the real Kara & how down-to-earth they are despite being one of the top girl groups :harac2: .

However, I am still glad that Kara has the least antis compared to other groups. (I did searched for Kara's antis-cause I wanna know the reasons why but couldn't really find any compared to some groups in which you can see antis accounts here & there). For this, kudos for both Kara & Kamilia. :shining: Why Kamilia? Because, one of the reasons an anti become an anti is because they can't stand that artist's 'uncivilised' fans. Yay! I am proud to be a Kamilia!!! :jyc6:

Edited by JiRaJjang01

Mm...I've never hated KARA, but I'm still not a fan of Nicole, I've seen the SGB clips and they won't sway me, I just think her actions are too over the top and she overreacts a lot.

Will this soften your heart? :sweatdrop:

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/04/nicole-meet...-bell-colleague

I just think it's sweet, and Nicole's the friendliest idol everrrr. :gemdown:

heheh at first i become a fan of nicole after sgb 2008 but when i saw her kara

i hated Seung Yeon and this boyish girl gyuri

when i first saw them in kiss the radio with sugri form bigbang

and there was a time when i want to quit nicole fandom cuz of kara

but things change soo fast and i become a pure kamilia

However, I am still glad that Kara has the least antis compared to other groups. (I did searched for Kara's antis-cause I wanna know the reasons why but couldn't really find any compared to some groups in which you can see antis accounts here & there).

really? I did not know that, that is very very good and awesome :D

i think i need to confess too.

I was on SS501's subbing channel, then they subbed KARA"s same heart mv.

and i was like, " O__O." so i decided to watch it.

and you know the mv has the girls holding the vid cam . and recording themselve. then i saw nicole.

then i was like all ^%$# . so act cute. >.<

then because i'm like dsp biased. i didn't know they were under DSP. :X \

then i realised KARA was under dsp. i was like, "SORRY kara & nicole. ): i dont hate you anymore. i love youu. "

LOL. then the love started growing ! :D

really? I did not know that, that is very very good and awesome :)

To be honest, of course there are some antis. But in my opinion, considering Kara as one of the Top girl groups nowadays, they have much much less antis compared to few top girl groups in which I don't want to mention here. So far, from my searching (from search engines + videos/channel in youtube), I can hardly find any (Well, there is ONE anti site/forum which is dedicated for Kara--but it's from Viet I think. And ONE video (not channel) that is anti Kara-- however, that channel made anti videos of some other girl groups as well). I don't know, maybe there are some sites/channels that I overlooked but as I mentioned before, I couldn't find any other.

People might ask why do I need to search for antis' site/channel? My answer is...for a-hater-turns-fan like me, I would like to know why others hate them too? Are their reasons same as mine before? etc..... I just want to know.

p/s: I can say that I'm quite new to Kara. So, I might not know much about them and antis and some other stuffs. An advance apology if there are some misinformation.^^v

So far I have only seen on Kara anti video[and it made me almost cry xD because all of the reason were so bad and what a person would see on the outside]

There was an anti-kara fanfic. [An angry fan that was mad Kara's Honey won against another group]

@JiRa... Yeah, I watched the Kara anti video and it seems that their reasons are mostly your old reasons of hating Kara[though yours were more respectable].