Anyone here who was once a hater/ anti of Kara?

JiRaJjang01

I started off this topic because I hate reading hateful comments in AKP left by haters/antis about leader Gyuri. I just wanna know if there is anyone here who used to hate Kara/ specific member of Kara/ Kara's image/ etc.. and why? What about now? Are you still a hater? And if you're not anymore, what made you change your mind?

I was never a fan of any girl group. Back then, I only know SNSD, WG & Jewelry (I knew Kpop quite late~). But I was (am) not a fan of these groups. I knew Kara too but I was once a hater especially of Hara & Gyuri. Any articles about them, I didn't even bother to take a peek.

Gyuri

I used to hate her because of the Goddess image she portrayed. I first saw/knew her in Come To Play with SNSD...During that time, I was like, ''Who is this arrogant lady? And she's not even beautiful...she must be one of those plastics''...She was once my most hateful member of Kara. :tongue:

Now, I love those image of hers. The image of a strong & cool woman she had. I love her confidence & wittiness. I love how she cares about the other members and how she stands up for Kara. The funniest thing is, I find that the Goddess image suits her well. She is beautiful inside & outside for me. (but out of all members, I think she has the most antis.. :( )

SeungYeon

Got nothing much against her. I was just quite annoyed by her cute image.. -_-

Now, I know that she is just naturally cute because of her 'choding' face.

Nicole

My feeling towards Nicole was natural. I just found her cute. It was neither hate nor love.

Now, nothing really change. I still find her cute. I like her character. Out of all Kara members, hers is the most similar to mine. :tongue:

Hara

Haha..my second most hateful member of Kara. I had the feeling that this girl was just acting all innocent and pretty. I can't really remember why but I disliked the 'doll' image of hers. For me, she seemed to portrayed an image of a fragile and weak girl.

Hara gradually & slowly growing in me that I can't really remember the specific moments/events that made me change my mind. But one thing, I was sure that I love this girl when I saw her competitive streaks in 'Sweet Girl-Chuseok Special'. She is not what I used to think she is. I also love her dorkiness in IY.

Jiyoung

I never knew/ noticed her before. But, she is the first Kara member to capture my heart. She is the one responsible for making me fall for Kara. It all happened after I saw her doing 'Heartbeat' in SSTP with Gyuri. She's super cute and adorable! I then searched more about Jing and the next thing I remember is, I started digging more about Kara. And now, I am a proud Kamilia!!! :thumbup1:

Before, I never had/showed any interest about Kara. I didn't even bother to know who are the members (that's why I didn't even know Jing's existance :lol: ).

Okay, I realized one thing. The more what I just find out about a member contradict to my previous thought, the more my level of fondness towards that member is. I'll give Hara as an example. She is even one of my favorite now (together with Jing). And if I can name the next favorable member, it'll be Gyuri.

I also used to hate the cute image of them. But now, since I find them naturally cute, I'm OK with the image. Haha! I blame myself for being too judgmental....

Reading all those haters' comments really pissed me off. But I was once one of them. So, I sort of can understand them. But I hope that one day, those haters and antis will get a chance to know more about Kara and to change their negative thoughts about Kara as I do!

I'M A HATER TURNS FAN! :tongue:

p/s: sorry for the long essay!

Wow! I wonder how can't you fall in love with them at first sight like I do

Not and anti or anything but i never really notice Kara before I know them. I was a WG's fan, so it's probably why.

However, thanks for watching FO, I was so curious about the infamous Kara's butt dance that everybody dance to. I started to watch their Mister performances, and I was so impressed by them, especially Nicole and SeungYeon.

Of course the love start growing and now Kara is my fav girl group ever, even more than WGs.

I wasn't exactly an anti but I disliked Gyuri at first because I thought she was really stuck up and snooty. It was when I saw her on Come and Play (I think thats what the show was called) with SNSD that I payed attention to the comments. They said that Gyuri was just acting all highly like that for comedy reasons so I gave her another chance and now love the girl ^_^

I know many ppl hate Gyuri coz of her confidence.. But I think it's really unique and her confidence made many ppl love her too.. Some ppl don't understand her character then they dislike Gyuri... -.- but me... I love her while she's trying to show her beauty with her own confidence.. I really like her while there's a show where SNSD and KARA met up and share things.. (The name of the show is Come To Play)..

When I watched Honey MV for the first time, Gyuri and Hara were the only one that attracted me, I really love Hara's eyes, big and pretty ♥ then Gyuri looks like an angel with her dress.. But I still like SNSD at that time, then after several times.. I watched their performance, and I start to like all of them one by one! From Gyuri and Hara.. Then I like Nicole after she did her butt dance xD then I just realized that Seungyeon and Jing... SO CUTE! Especially Jing.. Her cutenees... Really WOW.. Like her puppy voice, omo.. That really cute! So.. I'm not hater/antis.. I will never be an antis, I really hate antis... They don't have life.. I have an experience where some sones really hate KARA, and I want to explain to them but they attacked me like wow.. But I know the real sones will respect other idols.. (: SoKa~♥

♥ KARA~Forever ♥

Edited by YoonRa

...the fact that many things don't translate well or english kpop news sites only like to report half the situation to create heated responses doesn't help.

very true here, usually partial translations were done.

if parts were chosen here & there while the rest were omitted, the whole truth would not be reflected to the viewers.

worst still when "ambiguous words/sentences" were reported, twisted or misled meanings were presented.

@yoonra

i agree with you, fans should be respectful towards other idol groups.

fans don't have to love or like them inorder to respect, at minimum just be polite & stay neutral.

just like our girls who may seem trying to outperform other groups on stage but in fact they are actually friends & some even close companions.

wasnt a hater, just a dislikish kinda maybe?

cuz i thought.. oh another girl group great,

what would they have to offer us,

but i guess by musical talent only, they arent superb

but finding out about each member is such a great thing,~

Jingly ftw~!

Thanks for sharing that, I was glad seeing an ANTI turned FAN. LOL

Let me share mine too. I was originally a Triple S.and..

I was once a BEGINNER SONE, I was actually a member of soshified before here. BECAUSE of GEE.

So I searched up DSP's girl groups and first search result was Kara.

Turned out they were one of the hottest rival of SNSD that time. (OMO. Torn between two!)

Then suddenly.. out of nowhere, I fully became a Kamilia from a Beginner SONE.

(BECAUSE I LOVED HONEY XDDDD)

It doesn't hurt me that I left SSF because I was only a beginner, LOL.

I planted my seed of love on KARA instead of fully doing it in SNSD.

But I still love their songs.

I'm just not digging them much now. :lol:

GYURI IS THE HOTTEST GODDESS ever.

Just think of that. LOL. XDDDDD

I didn't hate, but I didn't like Gyuri and Seungyeon much...

Gyuri: I didn't pay much attention to Kara before (only Nicole on SGB) and when they were on Come to Play with SNSD, I was just thinking... who does this girl think she is? But now, I really like Gyuri and find her really funny

Seungyeon: I don't know why, but I just didn't like her very much .___. But after watching SH and stuff, I realized how much she's done for Kara.

Edited by xLollipopful

Thanks for sharing that, I was glad seeing an ANTI turned FAN. LOL

Let me share mine too. I was originally a Triple S.and..

I was once a BEGINNER SONE, I was actually a member of soshified before here. BECAUSE of GEE.

So I searched up DSP's girl groups and first search result was Kara.

Turned out they were one of the hottest rival of SNSD that time. (OMO. Torn between two!)

Then suddenly.. out of nowhere, I fully became a Kamilia from a Beginner SONE.

(BECAUSE I LOVED HONEY XDDDD)

It doesn't hurt me that I left SSF because I was only a beginner, LOL.

I planted my seed of love on KARA instead of fully doing it in SNSD.

But I still love their songs.

I'm just not digging them much now. :)

GYURI IS THE HOTTEST GODDESS ever.

Just think of that. LOL. XDDDDD

nice to have you here, epeach. so are you an ex-sone or still a beginner sone? hahah.

it's ok actually. kara always mentions they are best friends with snsd, so kamilia & sone can too.

but not denying, glad you are doing "full-time" here. :)

Wow, i like this thread.lol.

Honestly, when i first got into kpop, i was a sone and therefore i didnt like any other girlgroup that went against SNSD. Especially after i watched Come To Play, i was like, whos the gyuri girl? Shes soo full of herself and when i saw seungyeon i was also kinda irritated with her acting cute.Curiosity got the best of me and i soon found myself searching for subbed kara videos(THANKS KARAHOLIC SUBBING TEAM) and i started to really like them.The first person i liked out of Kara was Nicole,after watching her on SGB because she was so adorable, then i found videos of Gyuri and then realised that it was just her confidence and that she was very witty, i soon found myself defending her when people talked bad about her because of her ego, i then started finding out more about Kara and now.... i'm a kamilia! no longer a sone, lol. Dont get me wrong, i dont hate snsd, but now kara is number 1 for me!

By the way, i used to hate Gyuri the most out of kara, shes now my fave member :)

glad for sharing yours too, vavavoom. another ex-sone, welcome.

as much as i love reading from anti/hater-turned fans, sone-turned-kamilia seems pretty interesting too.

i'm neither a fan nor hater for other groups but i do acknowledge they have some nice people & songs too.

frankly speaking i listen to their music sometimes because music shouldn't mix with other thoughts.

or rather i like kpop, it's the trend now. ok before i go out of point. :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

this is a great topic,,i once not hate but not that into KARA as all their faces are like plastic surgeries faces..but thanks to the LUPIN songs which make me love KARA until now,,it has such a quality music and choreographer..very catchy,,and i fell in love with nicole after seeing her lupin dance at Happy Together,,she's has a fresh attitude! i'll love KARA endlessly,,:)) and i fall in love even more when i found out that their faces are of natural beauty!! especially gyuri who is pretty since her childhood years..i just not that into artist with plastic surgery at such a young age like other girls' group..:)) KARA jiangg!!

i was not really into them until i watched tiffany and nicole's family outing episode

Exactly like me!!

Before this, my friend do send mv where Hyori performed U Go Girl with KARA but i jz dun see anything special with them..

Then, my friend sent Honey mv but I jz dun like their image in that.. :sweatdrop:

Until then....

I'm FO lover..I watch every episode..

During that tym,i dun really like SNSD. I also dunno why..

When I watched the ep where Nicole n Tiffany came as a guest, my eyes just captured the other girl which is Nicole..

She's really cute and I like her dorkiness towards food.. :thumbup:

So I started to search for Nicole everywhere..n b'cz of that I know KARA.

Honestly, I like Gyuri's goddess image from the 1st time I saw it.."How cool,she is!!!"haha..

I'm not exactly and antis but they jz didn't captured my heart at the 1st sight..hehe

And now, I also like SNSD..

But KARA still got 1st place in my heart!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
hmmmmm y in the world would people hate these girls..................they're nice and really know how to be nice to others

OK..my answer for this question:

I never like/dislike someone solely based on looks and appearance...for those people I see for the 1st time, i have a natural feeling towards them...later then, based on their character, behavior & how they act, I'll decide whether to like, dislike or to feel natural...and those feelings are interchangeable based on the truth I found out later on...

So, I won't judge people based only on their looks, or in this case musics, dances, voices etc....Unfortunately for Kara, their first show that I watched is 'Come to Play' with SNSD...Those that attract my attention were Hara, Gyuri & Seungyeon...I disliked Gyuri back then because of the Goddess Syndrome she had & never expected her to be snobbish...as for Hara & Seungyeon...ok to be exact I found them fake trying to act cute & pretty...there were also several misunderstandings about them based on some articles (in which some stories were twisted here & there to attract more readers)...

But, it was waaaaaay back then.. Later, I got to know the real them after watching their many other shows (thanks to Sweetmelodix team^^ & Jjing too^^)....

In conclusion, I would say the reason I disliked them before--->misunderstandings & false bad 1st impressions...my bad for judging people that easily...(LOL, did I even answer your question? Or did I just write another essay here?)

Let bygone be bygone...now, a proud Kamilia I am (^-^)v...