Anyone here who was once a hater/ anti of Kara?

JiRaJjang01

A lot of people think that GOddest Gyuri is a haughty prinecess but i don't think so. She looks like a rincess but her character is a responsible leader. A haughty princess doesn't take care of members carefully like her. I'm very angry when anyone says bad things about her. It's unfair and untrue!

Edited by hoangyen91

i just not that into artist with plastic surgery at such a young age

but if plastic surgery can build up one's self esteem & confidence, then why not if it's not done harmfully or against the definition of moral?

i'm not sure how to put it but even if all of them are "made" beautifully, i will still love them exactly with the same amount, definitely not lesser. i love the ways they spoke, the manners they behaved & the styles they presented. it's the way they conduct themselves, they appeal me more from their internal personalities rather then their external looks.

i agree with jirajjang01, first perception determines how one accepts & judges a person.

it's only with passing time & understanding, will then the love grows. it's kara for me, after a long search in life.

Me!

I used to hate KARA because my friend hates them too. :thumbup:

She hates Hara and I don't know why.

But know, I like KARA :thumbup:

For me, I hate SNSD because my friends hate them. But Kara I love them for a long time and i found that nobody hate them. So happy!

Edited by hoangyen91

Why dislike or hate b/c your friends do? lol. Have your own thoughts ^_^

I guess if you really don't know KARA. it's so easy to judge them but I bet tons of fans started to see how great they were after just watching a bit more of their interviews etc.

i wasn't really an anti, but i didn't really care for them and i didn't like pretty girl LOL. i started to like them the more i started seeing them on variety shows. then wanna came out and i really liked that song. nicole on sgb cracked me up, gyuri is like gorgeous, and hara on IY is <333 so then i started becoming a huge fan

Why dislike or hate b/c your friends do? lol. Have your own thoughts :(

I guess if you really don't know KARA. it's so easy to judge them but I bet tons of fans started to see how great they were after just watching a bit more of their interviews etc.

Yeah. I had my own thoughts that's why I'm a fan of Kara now. ^^.

Whoo I'm ready to write a dissertation while the memory's still fresh.

First, I can ascertain that Kara has very few anti-groups. Through my "I have nothing to do during the summer" kpop research, most of Kara antis dislike Gyuri for the goddess concept, Hara for plastic surgery, and Nicole/Seungyeon/Jiyoung at a lesser level for over-cuteness, and the worst is only 'blah blah Kara talentless' which is a lot better than the 'go burn' raging typhoons other groups get. Kara is one group that hasn't been plagued by longlasting scandals and Kamilia is a fanclub with a positive reputation of supporting its group and not bashing others (SSS is very good on the boy group side, too). I frequent forums of most other groups frequently, and I have to say I'm most comfortable in Kamilia forums (esp. Karaholic :D) because it gives me a zen feeling, not crazy bashing or crazy devotion that borderlines psychotic cults.

I got into Kara just this spring, so I have all the respect for the really long time fans, esp. those who were Kamilia from the 2007 beginning. Lupin was my first Kara song when I was still exploring kpop since I considered it a 'must hear' along with Gee, Mirotic, Nobody, Bo Peep, etc. on my list of crash course kpop songs. I remember not being overly impressed and passing on Kara. Then, my friend showed me the Wanna mv one day, and I totally thought it was bubbly weird (they trashed the guys house what?). I got into WGMI for the Adams couple, and the first show I watched with Kara was when they had that joint interview with Jo Kwon and Gain. I totally skipped Kara's part alltogether. Weeks later I skipped Kwon and Gain's part purely to watch Gyul, Ham, and Hara XD.

During finals week another friend insisted on showing me the Mister mv which first made me wonder if my friend was a pedo XD. On a whim I decided to borrow an international friend's Kara collection as my study music. I didn't even know about Kara4 to 5 then, so I noticed a huge difference in music style from First Blooming to Second Revolution. After some wikipedia-ing, I learned about Sunghee's departure and basically went 'oh well their main vocal left so they're done.' But I kept on listening to First Blooming repeatedly.

Then I decided to explore the members a bit. I was fortunate to have approached Kara without reading any bashing--starting tab ras, I at first noted Nicole, because it's always the short-haired fierce girl that catches my attention (yeah Lupin). I had a incorrect assumption of Hara at first--I thought she was one of the haughty pretty doll girl types, and wondered what she's ever done for Kara. My opinion of her transformed slowly as I watched more shows like IY and the Sweet Girl special (Goosain BOLT) before I realized shes not pretentious at all, but instead is a lovable dork. Who is super attractive. Points for her!

Gyuri really slowly grew on me. At first I was like, oh, leader, ok she speaks well, she seems cool. Then I just unexplanably became addicted to her voice. I swear I now love Revolution just because I listened to every song for her parts. From the beginning I never took her goddess concept seriously--I thought this girl had my style of humor and great confidence, plus how can it be real when she acts so lovingly toward her members. Now I am only facebook fans of two kpop artists: Park Gyuri, and Han Seungyeon, whose story is for another day.

SS501 was the first kpop group I've ever encountered. Mirotic got me hooked. SNSD's variety show appearances are hilarious. But I will only consider myself a member of Kamilia, no other fanclubs, because Kara is the only group right now where I care about their music, appearances, stories, etc. on whom I'm willing to spend endless time on to get that last bit of news. I've come a long way where know I love Kara especially because I love each member as a person, not only as just members of a group with good music.

Finally, what are now my most played songs? Lupin, Wanna, Mister...in that order, and dadadadada others. Huh, I totally remember the days where I didnt' appreciate Lupin and Wanna enough.

Honestly, I hated them at first. I think it was because I thought that their cute image was exaggerated. But overtime, I seemed to like them because of that, and their non-fake personalities on shows.

never really a hater but got quite annoyed with gyuri personality at first..lol

always have those level of pride in herself.. =P

nicole was the reason i like Kara at first..with her outgoing persona..

now i just love them all..and love gyuri's confidence..haha

on my face!

Well not really hated but the feeling of "Is Gyuri that arrogant" feeling.

Overall I never hated them. I love this group next to SNSD. And I feel bad for Kara having antis as much as snsd have.

I'm sorry but can you tell me from which sources are you referring to when you said Kara has antis as much as SNSD's :) ? Because as far as I know, Kara has the least antis among those top girl groups...(I am not trying to bash any group here but the group you mentioned, as far as I'm concerned has quite a large number of antis. And to say that Kara has almost the same amount of antis, I just can't accept it.)...Plus, I did do some researching before and never did I found something that can prove your statement right...(but maybe I missed out something then)

(^-^)v..peace!...I'm not trying to cause some commotion here by over reacting ^_^ ...Just feel the need to be protective here... :)

@goddessfollower

I love what you wrote...it seems that it comes from the bottom of your heart...especially this part below because it describes how I feel too...

But I will only consider myself a member of Kamilia, no other fanclubs, because Kara is the only group right now where I care about their music, appearances, stories, etc. on whom I'm willing to spend endless time on to get that last bit of news. I've come a long way where know I love Kara especially because I love each member as a person, not only as just members of a group with good music.
Edited by JiRaJjang01

Yeah in my country which is quite crazy about Kpop,Kara is one of the girlgroup that has least antis

I'm not a hater,in fact i really don't want to hate anything, i only have the word dislike,and there were 4 members in kara i dislike much before

I've just known kara for about months, cause i wasn interested in kpop, and the first group i like was F(x) (I'm a T-Express),then in the birthday pictures of amber,I saw Kara, since they are fx's friends i started to know about them .First Nicole caught my attention, I saw Lupin and was like "Wow she's sexy ", then I started to search for Kara's show, when I saw SGB, I was impressed by Gyuri, she was beautiful and answered every questions with confidence,but i kinda didn't like her over confidence.Then I saw Kara Bakery, I began to like Kara, I discovered that Gyuri was so down to earth, caring person and smart, afterthat I couldn get her out of my mind, I realized I love her since that

And Seung Yeon, did u guys remember in Kara Bakery when Seung Yeon got the mouse? She was so cool and cute when said bye bye to the mouse,but I love her more after her stage accident, she's pro

And Jing, her cuteness gets me, to me Jing is the cutest girl in kpop

Then Hara slowly grew in me, though i don't like her as much as i like other members but i don't use the word dislike anymore :P

Now Kara and Fx are my only farvorite band, I hope their friendship will last forever, and T-Express and Kamillia can be friend too ^_^

Edited by zanie

I'm sorry but can you tell me from which sources are you referring to when you said Kara has antis as much as SNSD's :) ? Because as far as I know, Kara has the least antis among those top girl groups...(I am not trying to bash any group here but the group you mentioned, as far as I'm concerned has quite a large number of antis. And to say that Kara has almost the same amount of antis, I just can't accept it.)...Plus, I did do some researching before and never did I found something that can prove your statement right...(but maybe I missed out something then)

(^-^)v..peace!...I'm not trying to cause some commotion here by over reacting :unsure: ...Just feel the need to be protective here... B)

let's just hope the antis will one day happen to love them xD

just like some of the fans in here rite now~~ :)

It's so funny that the only anti fan site of Kara you can find is from my country, Vietnam. That forum has 55 member and only 3 of them are anti of Kara, all the rest will be Anti of SNSD if not Kamilia :))

Most of anti fan will hate Gyuri for her confidence but i think that personality really suite the leader role. If you watchKorea shows, i bet you will hardly tell who is the leader of SNSD, T-ara, 4 Minute ... But for Kara, it's sure Gyuri :)

Another reason for hating kara is they overact cute. Yeah, many people will think that the first time they saw KARA but they didn't know that's KARA's real character, we love them for that reason :hihi:

Edited by proid

Interesting topic! As for me, I was never a hater of Kara or ANY K-Pop groups out there. I just find "hating" on them unreasonable. It really makes me sick to see some hater comments on AKP. Though it's nice to know that some people had a change of heart here. It's great to give a group a chance and see how they really are.

Lol, but honestly, I don't really see a legitimate and good reason to hate Kara. Unless they've done several offenses towards others then there's still no reason. I think some might get irritated by the "cute" image that they might show but that's just with the person and how they might dislike "cute" image or concept in general. I guess we can put "hater" and "not a fan" in to two different categories. Cause I honestly don't see why people would hate Kara.

It's sad to see people hating on groups. People should just support every group if they're a fan of K-Pop! But sadly that's not possible...

wow what a sharing, thanks goddessfollower. they are detailed enough to form pictures in my mind. it's what made this topic special, reading the sharing on what all fellow kamilias first perception & impression of kara & how the 5 individual girls grow in them. i do share with some of your thoughts on the girls too. no kidding, kara is the only group (or thing) in the universe to have me so devoted. i'm waiting for your seungyeon "story". :thumbup:

I hope there are none. I didnt like KARA before but I DIDNT hate them. Im just not familiar with them at that time. but now, they're my loviessss!