Anyone here who was once a hater/ anti of Kara?

JiRaJjang01

i used to hate kara because they reminded me of those annoying japanese girl groups

but after a while, i started feeling neutral towards them and starting offical liking them after they released Mister

i still hate the maknae though. i dont know why, but she just pisses me off

maybe its because she keeps trying to act cute

i dont knoww..

That Come to Play episode was actually my first time seeing Kara. Errr, and I didn't like them lol...

I guess for everyone new to kara and watching it, it'd be natural to get that irritating feeling while listening to Gyuri's self confidence (I'll call it that).

And I honestly thought Kara looked amateur.... kind of just surviving in the music industry, while SNSD looked way more prominent.

But yeah, now my thoughts have changed, and in my opinion, probably tied as my favourite group ^.^

Edited by Anfonie

I am always "neutral" towards any group I first discover. I never hated nor loved Kara or any group at first.

In regards to Gyuri, I actually liked her confidence upon first impression. I thought "Man, this girl knows where she be at!" xD. Kinda love :D -> BIG love!

Seungyeon from the "Break It" days was like a cute hamster to me, like the fragile girl of the 4 back then. Then the more I got to know her, extreme respect and love. No hate, no love -> R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!

Nicole was extremely neutral for me in KARA4, but I liked her rapping, and when I saw her in "Wanna" omg! O_O. Neutral -> Extreme love xD.

Sunghee was immediate love when I first saw her. Can't hate her voice and her looks. I recall pausing and daydreaming ^^.

Hara in "Wanna" was my first look at her, very pretty and thought she was the older of the 5 with her mature look there.

Jiyoung was also first seen in "Wanna" for me. When she was talking on the phone it was also a neutral/cute impression.

In the end? I love em all! :thumbup:

uwaaa....glad to hear a lot of antis/haters turn kamilias...i really hope more will "convert" to fandom..kekekeh...what is there to being an anti??and why compare???right right right??i''m a proud kamilia and anti to none...support our Kpop industry....they work too hard to be hated...dun b heartless :)..peace :wub:

I just find the concept of an anti-fan pretty dumb to be honest. Sure, there's a lot of artists and bands that I don't enjoy, but I simply don't pay any attention to them. I mean, how sad is your life if you don't have anything better to do than going around actively hating things you don't like... it's mindboggling really.

Wow. I like this topic :P you won't see stuff like this on other fansites - it makes me agree with a few other people... I like kara because liking them doesn't mean I have to worship them like how other fanclubs demand.

Anyways - I hated them. Infact, till now I sometimes hate certain members, go back to loving them and then start hating them again. I thinks it's because they're showing 100% of their real selves and over-all that just makes me happy because I know that no matter what image they're showing they're not lying to the world about who and what they are.

I hated Seung Yeon first because of what allkpop used to write about her (I despise allkpop btw. How can you call yourself a 'news website' when you're just a biased blog?) And I didn't understand how she was the most popular member when she wasn't pretty at all (actually it was her hair-style that was the problem. Pretty girl hair made her look like something else)

Second was goo hara because everybody gushed about how she looked so I automaticallly didn't like her.

Third was gyuri because I thought she was stiff and, frankly, she looks EXACTLY like a very evil cousin I have so... yeah

I only liked nicole. I thought nicole was awesome. I thought she was cute - but original cute not fake aegyo and I was totally drawn in. And then.... this whole list flips around when I found out more about them.

I LOVE SY - she's my number one in kara. I totally get her - why she is the way she is. And I really hope she marries Jin Ho (because he is so dependable) or someone who makes her happy and lives that life she wanted to. I feel her man... totally. I always, since I got into kara, felt that her smile was forced, as if she was hiding what she really is feeling and now finding out the way DSP uses her.... and how despite that she sticks with her group. This kid is an amazing idiot.

Gyuri - because of her image. I now I think she's so pretty. She's completely STRANGE! and awesome strange... the type of person whose two exact opposites at the same time. I love that she's able, through her image, to imbue confidence into other people instead of only talking about her insecurities or getting plastic surgery and making the general public feel worse about themselves. For a korean to be able to be proud of what they look like regardless of what other people think... amazing. She understands her impact on society and behaves as someone of her position should.

Goo Hara - wow. She is so humble, down-to-earth and dorky. She's that girl who is so beautiful yet she doesn't know it. There's nothing I can say about her that no-one already knows so... awesome chick.

Jiyoung - She irritates me sometimes. lol. Maybe because I find her to be very childish and she has a typical teenager attitude (that they know everything) which really just implies that they know absolutely nothing. I can't really relate to that so I haven't warmed up to her totally. I like gyuri and hers relationship though.

Nicole. Well I used to think nicole was awesomeawesomeawesome. But I think that feeling has cooled somewhat. I find her confusing and recently, ever since she's lost soo much wait, the nicole-spark that she has been dimming slightly. Maybe I just miss chubby nicole lol.

And that's it. :P hope I didn't offend anybody. Sorry if I did!

I wasnt really an anit but i could understand why gyuri gets the most haters, i didnt really hate her but i thought she was a bit big headed at first with the goddess thing, but then i thought it was cool cause its good too have that much confidence and not really caring what people say which is why i think she is a good leader too

I guess i never really was a anti of any sort but i did have a point where i was about to hate them. I would always play their music and my friends didn't like them and made fun of them.After a while I started to side with them when they said things like that but that doesn't happen anymore.

one thing I love about Kara, is I never been heard anything against them.

and I don't really know if someone or some people hate them.

Because, I find them really sweet, hard-working and team work makes me fall inlove deeper with them :D:confused1: .

To be honest (though some of u do not like it, may even hate me), I am a Sone, through and through. I do love other groups, but well, SNSD is already some1 cannot be replaced in my heart.

However, out of all other groups, Kara is really special to me. I first come across Kara when I watched Gyuri and her undying confidence on Come to Play, and of course she made me laugh so hard. But i was still so new to Kara, that sometimes I confused between T-ara and Kara. However, I searched and understood more about Kara. I found out about the difficult period when 1 Kara member left the group, and they stayed in shadow for so long, yet they still managed to come back. That I have to salute them :D

I'm nt hater turn fan, though I cannot be Kamilia, but I'll still rooting and support Kara

Kara HWAITTING!!! :thumbup:

I was a hater too... But I was the Don't feel The KARA Vibe so Say YUCK then type.... I was "Perfect ANTI" a smart one to be exact... I only get to hear they're songs from radios and Background songs, and I only knew the overrated ones like GyuRI and Cole. The Only member I hated the most was Gyuri coz of EunHyuk.... I liked EunHyuk with other Girls thats why. And since I'm a new fan I'm still kinda annoyed about HyukRi.

But I turned Fan because of We're with you and I wanted to like more K-pop bands since my local Mando-pop started to bore me... Then I listened to KARA then I started to Love them ^^ My favorite was Hammy and Jing together with Nicole [My Curry QUEEN~~~]

• 3 weeks later...

I used to dislike all girl groups and I am more into boy idol groups before.

Ever since I watch Idol Army with Kara as MC I've started to like Kara. They are always lively and funny and cute and amazing at singing live as I still see some groups just lip synch.

i love ur sharing guys :) girl groups debut are pretty challenging because there are lots of fans and they're mostly girls. honey worked like a charm on me, ive been a fan thereafter. im happy i didn't end up disliking/hating on KARA ^^..

honestly, i never gave a damn about who the members are when watching honey mv. i thought they all looked the same, well my bad. i began learning names since lupin, but still i only recognized nicole and gyuri. the more i dug, i finally got all their names.

i didnt get why hara is so faved by many. and why KARA was ever disliked. but many searches and vids (boy dont i sound like a crazy stalking fan) led to know more about KARA.. and less about bashful baseless rumors. to me, KARA is natural. that's it only one word to sum this amazing group.. srsly. u know you're in love with KARA when u start jumping from one vid to another of KARA or any of its member. addicted i must say.

and my fav in NO particular order have got to be gyuri, seungyeon, hara, nicole, and jiyoung :DDDD well 1% more on seungyeon if thats OK XD.

Never really hated them. These were my first impressions of them:

Gyuri:

Thought she was very mature, able to handle any situation thrown at her. It's a positive first impression and I thought she really fit the role as a leader so I never hated her.

Seungyeon:

Seungyeon's first impression was good. I thought she was cute and I didn't think she was short, even though she is the shortest of Kara. I loved her hairstyle ever since her break it days to lupin days. Seungyeon has always been a (y) for me.

Goo Hara:

My first impression was: 'Wow, she's so thin'. She's probably the thinnest woman I know at 19inches for waist size. My first impression was that she's eating too little and that she looks too thin. It's just a normal impression, not good or bad.

Nicole:

When I first saw her, she was really cute. Guess that's a positive first impression because cuteness is a positive thing. I love her dorkyness on variety shows, especially when she doesn't know what people say. (y) from me

Jiyoung:

Really fits the role of maknae, so nothing can be said here. She's cute, which suits her age and seems really fun to get along with.

Overall:

Throughout their performances, live or recorded; I found them to be the best among the other girl groups. Their live singing actually sounds close to the recorded version so I thought it was good as most live versions aren't as good as the recorded version.

Therefore I conclude that I never had a bad impression of Kara and that I was never an anti.

• 2 weeks later...

NEUTRAL can't be neutral without either "+"ve or "-"ve. that's how our life is.

there must be people who don't like KARA naturally. just that how they act on this matter.

well, reading JiRaJjang01 witness is a great thing i guess.

at least there are antis who can actually understand KARA with extra; liking/loving them.

good enough for me to say KARA is definitely a LOVABLE group.

as for me. i won't say i used to be their hater because i never hate them before. but, there are at the early of me knowing KARA existence, i don't like them that much. an example:

GYURI

seeing Gyuri saying she's a goddess is somewhat uneasy thing for me to accept. she is so arrogant and witty to can actually say that. but then, by times, i can actually accept that. she is an entertainer. so, she have to come out with goddess herself since people didn't come out any nickname for her. and entertainer should know how to act accordingly following the image character. the nickname/image itself help entertainment to be a lot lively though.

for the rest, i don't think i got words to say about them because the biggest questionable thing about KARA is only at Gyuri part. the rest, i don't have any problem to like them.

well, LOVE is KARA.heart.Kamilia =)

Edited by callmead

This is my case... I knew KARA since 2008-2009 with their song 'Honey' and 'Pretty Girl'

I wasn't really fond of the 'girly' concept but the song was okay-ish...

I continued to watch them on variety shows and thought that they were okay...

As soon as they came with 'Mister'

I was amazed by the change, my opinions on KARA started to change saying 'Wow, I didn't know that KARA could be like this, have a huge change'

<3 the song 'Mister', this song made me sort of like them..

And now 'Lupin', this made me even more like KARA because this song was the type of song I like, the beat and all that was so good ^^

I started to like KARA then but as a music fan, I have to say that I started to like their songs way more

For truth, I wasn't an anti-fan, just the person who didn't like their music, that is it... appearance and all that was okay ^^

Now I am a KARA music lover... I dunno when I will become a Kamilia...!

^

i'm too a music fan somewhere with some groups but nothing more. idk but hope the next album will pull you more closer to be one of us. :)

--

there's always light at the end of the tunnel if one makes the effort to realize & see things in an open mind.

being ignorance or negligence is only delaying in realizing the truth.

being anti or hater is failing in realizing the truth. :)