Anyone here who was once a hater/ anti of Kara?

JiRaJjang01

I didn't like KARA because I thought their cute concept was too cutesy for me and I didn't understand why people liked them 'cos of their songs. But after seeing the girls in interviews, I saw how amazing the girls are and now I love their songs as well.

I never hated them or anything but I didn't really pay attention to them until lately when I was in Japan.

I saw and heard a lot about them on the TV and in the stores so I started to listen to their songs...

I'm still a new fan but I like them more and more everyday~ and now I'm here~ ^^

wah~ nice topic! and here goes my story....

(flashback 2009)

my friend: try watch this Honey MV by KARA.

me: oooo....kay..... (watching with zero interest)

at that time, i don't like ANY kpop GIRL group. i don't hate them. i'm just not interested. i prefer kpop male group. and my favourite kpop group at that time is Super Junior and SHINee. to be honest, Eunhyuk is my ultimate biased (and still).

(year 2010)

later i know that Eunhyuk was paired up with this girl name Gyuri. i don't really have any idea who is she. i have to search her name and find out that she's a KARA leader. but i don't have any bad impression about her at first. as Eunhyuk's fangirl, i feel so jealous with her.

after i know her, i was quite annoyed with her goddess concept in Star Golden Bell. but i still find it funny. by the way,i love her witty remarks and her strong personality. i don't know when i fell in love with her, but all i know is, i've already fell for her charm. and she's the reason why i'm interested to get to know more about KARA. :wub:

after watching more KARA vids, what i can say is, they are so adorable and dorky kids. although there are some members that didn't appeal much to me :sweatdrop: but hey! there's no reason not to love them right? and i'll still love them equally. but PARK GYURI has a very special place in my heart (LOL.cheesy :P)

some facts about me & KARA:

1) KARA is the one and only kpop girl group that i ever like.

2) KARA forum (Karaholic) is the first and the only forum that i ever join and participate.

3) I'm proud to be part of KARA family :thumbup:

I never hated KARA, but when I first knew them, I was annoyed at them. Back then, female celebrities were all the same to me: a bunch of giggly airheads. They only knew how to look pretty and giggle whenever anyone talks about them, even when they were poked fun at. Examples are Love Letter and X-Man, and a bunch other old variety shows that I forgot the name. There was this one time where the male and female casts had to play alphabet game. The MC asked the male casts to state the word began with an alphabet, and they did extremely well. But when it was the female casts' turn,... :facepalm: I think they want to be funny by acting dumb, but can't they be funny by being witty and charming? That's why I detest any Korean female celebrities, especially the cute ones. So when I see Pretty Girl and Rock U, I become annoyed at them. Then, after a while, I accidentally watched Super Junior Idol Army Show with KARA. The more I watch, the more my dislike for them dissolved, especially towards Hara. She really impressed me. I thought she's the airhead giggly type at first, that's why I dislike her the most. After watching Idol Army, I began to like her. After watching Chuseok Girl Special and IY, my love for her grow so much that she's now become my bias in KARA :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Aside from Hara, I dislike Nicole as well. At first, I thought she's the leader of KARA (Gyuri was so quiet back then ^_^ ), so when I watch her stealing Jiyoung's couple, Sungmin from Super Junior, I thought "Wow, that's one mean leader". But after watching Star Golden Bell, her personality grows on me :D As for Seungyeon, Gyuri and Jiyoung, I was neutral ^_^

Nevertheles, the more I know about them, the more my misconception about them vanish. Nicole is not a mean girl, Hara is not an airhead, Gyuri is not arrogant, Seungyeon is not stuck-up and Jiyoung is a natural-born cutie. KARA is my bias, now and forever!!! :15541758::32524216::51333867::85896326::81766871:

:OCZgm: :OCZgm: :OCZgm: :OCZgm:

Edited by City_Bear_90

this topic is really interesting! I've devoted an hour to read all the comments.. LOL.

I'm glad that there are people that are now fan and used to be a hater.

I want to share mine...

I started loving Kpop back at 2007 and started to pay attention to Kara at Rock U days (2008).

I instantly like rock u from its first play. then I became a Hara bias. I only looked at hara, hara, hara... blah blah blah... there was an instance that I doubted and dislike(but not hate) other Kara members along my run as a kamilia(especially that ham and cole pretty girl incident). but then through time they grow in me. Their first win was the biggest event for me as a kamilia. It was the time I started loving all members equally and appreciated their own uniqueness.. Now, I really love KARA as a whole and individually.

honestly speaking I dislike some kpop groups but not a crazy one that instantly type down their hateful words... I just keep it to my self or shout it aloud when I'm alone. XD and besides we all have own perspectives and opinions about things.. so i think it's okay if you are a hater or disliker, well its your thoughts but it only differ on what kind of hater/disliker are you.. :D

I guess there is something about Kara that we really love about. Some found it out as soon as they saw kara, some later found it out after hating them, and some doesn't witness it yet... XD...

• 1 month later...

Way back a year ago I didn't actually liked KARA that much, never a anti/hater. ButI'm biased with only 1 girl group which for me that time was the only number one group of all. Months passed til January of this year I was fed up with that group for a bit then tried soundtripping and watching KARA performances. Then there I was amazed by the choreos and the songs, and what triggered me most is Seungyeon's pro moves, notably the Lupin perf where she fell she stood back and danced again. And within that time I researched about how KARA is with Sunghee and yes, she got the most powerful vocals for me! There from out of nowhere my 1st bias shifted to KARA now, not that old girl group I used to love anymore.

For me there's always one person from each group that I don't like at first.. Like with B2ST and Shinee.. I never liked Hyunseung or Taemin but now their my favorites. But actually with Kara there was no one that I didn't like...(which is unusual for me lol)

At first I didn't like Seungyeon or Hara but now I adore them along with the rest of the members.

Its uncommon but I like all the members equally.

Our girls are just so kind and friendly with amazing personalities.

Kara is and will be the only girl group I follow.

:thumbup:

At first my friend told me about Gyuri & her goddess concept, and I was like "WTF does she think she is" OTL. then i watched star golden bell with kara,2pm,shinee,snsd and for some reason Gyuri amused me so much. One day I was watching a Jumping performance on MuBank and my eyes got stuck to Gyuri, i don't even know why, and that was when I started liking her. It took quite a while until I got to know more about Kara though. Oh btw, at first I thought Kara was overrated (just because I saw a part of Lupin MV on TV and didn't like it at first ;__; ),then accidentally I listened to Lupin again and realized how AWESOME it was :ph34r:

Edited by Gyhara

i nvr hate KARA =] im really a fan of them~~~~~~~~~~

anti KARA? duh..no lah XDD

im a pure KAMILIA until now and forever :inluv::inluv: :inluv:

PARK BOM - YOU & I~~

*no matter what happens

even when the sky is falling down

i'll promise you

that i'll nvr let you go*

no matter what happens, always support them!!! (lmao)

Ganbatte kudasai, Kara & Kamilias =]

i never being Kara haters or anti but i use to dislike some members...at first i fell in love with Kara since Pretty Girl days....then i'm followed them since Honey...at first i didn't care much about other members i just obsessed with Jiyoung...she just 9 month older than me....she so cute, lovely and so beautiful...i use to dislike Nicole at first...because i think she try to act cute...and i just curious why everyone love this girl??? what so special about her??? then i watch sgb then i started to like Nicole but she still the last member in my ranking :tongue: ....Kara is the first group i like and introduced me to k-pop...

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry i was...cuz i fan of snsd..they are so funny and dorky..they are friendly..you know their personalities very fast..and i thought there will never be any group like them..i thought kara always overreact and never forget the camera.. they are acting they are funny but they not funny..i think they are sensetive not accept what the other member think of them..but soon i discovered i was wrong and i didnt see them right..may be right what i say above in other way..but really they are funny and dorky too..and more friendly than snsd and i know there personallites now..there are something catch me when i see them..they are cute..i cant express my feeling..but really now i a huge fan of them..hope to see them no.1 group in the world..any win many award..

I luv soka line...but kara fighting!!!

i was never a fan of any group before.. i dont even want to listen to korean songs.. i thought i saw seungyeon on shows before but i never knew she is with a girl group.. im always asking my room mate, "she's an actress right?".. but i never really got that interested about her.. it's nicole who first caught my attention.. i dont know, but i can see something in her that's so true.. she may act cute on tv but i can see that that is her natural self.. then i started to search about her and found out about the group.. there started my fondness of them.. now, im totally hooked.. it's like, my day will never be complete without my daily dose of Kara.. :) sometimes i think, if Kara is a drug, then i would have been long gone due to overdose.. lol.. :) i mean, i just can't get enough of them.. confident gyul, protector ham, energetic cole, adorable hara and playful jing.. who can resist them? :) i'm a kamilia now, and i dont think i can love any other group the way i love these 5 girls.. :) and oh, i don't have a bias.. i love them all equally :) Kara and Kamilia,fighting!! :)

Edited by yhepoj18

• 4 weeks later...

Yea I was once a hatter (more to dislike than hate).

Member that I hate most is hara than Gyuri. :whistling:

At first I don't get it why Kara is famous :angry:

Finally I saw Nicole :blush: . Shes the one responsible for turning me into Kamilia world :tongue:

B/c of Nicole I started to search for kara in variety show, then I saw how Kara members is close and care for each other. I really like it (I love to see a strong bond within a group) :thumbup1:

I also turn to love the image that each of this member portrayed (which they really are)

Now of course Nicole is my No.1

No.2 goes to Gyuri

No.3 : Hara,Jiyoung,Seungyeon

Lol, this posts was actually pretty interesting. I was reading it and want to share my thought too.

Well, basically I was a Kpop hater before. I hate all things about Kpop, because I was so into Jpop before. When my friends was quite a fuss converting me into Sone because of Gee, I still didn't think that SNSD was a good dancer. Maybe because I was comparing them to one of the best dancer in Japan, which is Perfume. But, on 2010 suddenly Kpop went into Japan. And the first one who went was KARA with Mister PV. Since I was curious of their PV, I were downloading them and watched it. At first, I couldn't believe that it was a Kpop. I thought Kpop was different and their Japanese pronounciation weren't that bad. I almost thought they weren't Korean. And that hip dance, OMG it was way too GORGEOUSSSS :blushing:

Anyway, after that my fandom began. I started watching their shows, following their songs in Korea and Japan. Even I found this Site and starts learning that there are a lot of heartwarming Kamilia in here. After that my journey in Kpop began because of KARA. They were the one who opening me to the door of Korean Entertainment. Many people hate KARA because their songs prioritized their dance rather than their voice. But that's what I like from Jpop too. I like Vocaloid and Perfume, I rather see their dance than hearing their voice as long as their musics are good. And on Music Station Super Live 2010, Karafume were born. They mailing each other and I like them because of their underdogs stories too. I started to buy their albums/singles so that they can hit the charts! They were working hard to get it too. So, now I hear their Japanese and Korean songs. I like them both. They can differentiate their genres in different countries. I really proud of my KARA and worldwide Kamilias! So, here I am From Kpop antis into KARA fans :)

• 1 month later...

Having been off K-pop in general due to the lack of talent so evident in cursory glances into the genre, I was naturally irked by the poor performances that KARA5 gave way back in '08 with 'Rock U' and 'Pretty Girl'... until I realized a few years later that as a 'pop' genre the field holds a lower standard for 'quality', instead focusing on mass appeal, which KARA5 obviously excels at. I wasn't against any of the individual members, just annoyed by their general 'sound'. However, in recent times I've been able to appreciate the genre more for what it is, and of course 'Don't Be Shy' is a nice song...

Wasn't really an anti to start with, albeit I was every judgmental about them to begin with. (I blame myself for always being judgmental to groups sometimes :( )

But they did end up growing on me because the reason being is that they have this certain feeling that just makes you put a smile on your face and that's the essence of KARA to begin with (Kara means joy in Greek and sweet melody) I still think Kara's essence will always be with Rock U. It's was the epitome of their sweetness and playfulness. :thankful: Also another one would be Umbrella which I personally think its Rock U 2.0. Both those songs I personally love because only Kara can pull those songs off but don't get me wrong I love thier popular songs, Mr., Lupin Jumping etc..

But anyways back to the topic. Yes I did my fair share of jumping to different girl groups since I started getting into K-Pop. I used to be a hardcore Blackjack and a Playgirlz fan but now I'm a Sone and a Kamilia at the same time. I hope to stay that way because I love these girls and wish them future success. KARA Forever!!!! ♥♥♥ :accomplished:

Edited by stevelikeskara