[2010.04.28] Kara takes on Japan signing with Universal Music Japan

sweetcaramelism

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

signing with umg is definitely a good move, though i was thinking of avex (who has ayumi hamasaki) but nevertheless umg would be gr8 too. and if im not wrong umg is probably one of the top companies in japan so kara has a brilliant head start!!!

hopefully umg would be good at marketing these girls cos dsp admittedly isnt the best company 4 marketing and marketing is rly important... especially when it comes to debut.

but overall i have confidence that kara will do amazingly well in japan, they're already very popular there and no doubt the big group of Kamillias will continue to grow and expand with kara's entry in the japanese market.

crossing fingers that everything will turn out ok......... :)

Universal sounds major. What am I saying, Universal music is HUGE! They are like in every major market! Kara captures the hearts of Koreans and now they move on to their Japanese counterparts. When they prove to be a huge success there, Universal with their infinite resources can treat them like the princesses they are.

I personally think that Universal Music getting Kara is a good thing because I felt that avex change the style of an artise too drastically and that is may not be good. What I mean is losing its essence by doing so.

Congratz on Kara I am happy for you :)

Well it is a bit disappointment that I am not in Japan because I got one of those Invitational ticket for Kara meet from the Premium Box For Japan. But then again could I understand anything that is being said?

UNIVERSAL MUSIC!! I was hoping for Avex but hey UMG is a great choice too!

Same here, I was hoping they go signed to Avex-that the real label that cranks out top stars, but Universal Music is good,too :D

I'm so proud of them :)

Good luck, KARA ^_^

• 4 weeks later...