[2010.04.28] 5 member Idol Group, KARA, landing in Japan this summer!

chupachups

Korea's No.1 Girl Group KARA is set to debut in japan this summer, already signed contract with Universal Music. Since their showcase in Japan earlier, their popularity is on fire, especially amongst high school girls. Compared to the good-looking Korea's Male Idol Group (DBSK, BigBang) Korea's Girl idol group seems to be not far behind and is starting to gain popularity as well. Following their footstep, this cute and pretty looking 5 members girl group is coming to Japan.

KARA started to debut in Korea in 2007, initially with 4 members but later become 5-member group. Earlier this year in March, Latest hit song "Lupin" has successfully conquered #1 spot on music chart 3 times consecutively. This group has definitely become national idol. It started with the popular dance in their hit song "Mister" featuring the butt dance, rocking the butt from side to side. This dance has become a trend in Korea, even in Japan, popular actor Jo In-Sung(28) also did the butt dance in one of the TV program. Reaching peak record in Korea, this 5-member group proceed to Japan, signing contract with Universal Music. Next month, Universal Music will officially form a fan-club in Japan. Universal Music is already seeking to develop strategy including all TV music programs as well as extensive media appearances, and Debut CD is scheduled to be released in July-August.

Jiyoung(16), DOB:18 Jan 1994. Nickname: "Magnae" (youngest), personality: calm, spoiled.

SeungYeon(21) DOB:24 July 1988. Nickname: "Hamtori"(Hamster), personality: Hardworker.

Gyuri(21) DOB:21 May 1988, Nickname: "Goddess" Personality: stable/firm person.

Hara(19) DOB: 13 Jan 1991, Nickname: Hara, Personality: iconic

Nicole(18) DOB: 7 Oct 1991, Nickname: "Cole", American Born. Personality: my style

----

There's another part where Gyuri mentioned that she's keen on collaborating/singing together with Kumi Koda. And also NHK is also looking forward for their appearances. And Gekidan Hitori being a major influence to Kara's popularity in Japan.

Source: Visit My Website

Translated by: aank1 @ Karaholic.com

Take out with full credits when re-distributing!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats on being the first female group to debut in japan.

gotta hand it to Mr. Hitori for spreading the love of kara in japan. he really contributed in making

our girls be known. and LOL at jiyoung's personality... spoiled? well it's kinda true cause if you

ask me, i'd spoil her all the time. HAHA. wish i could have their premium package. i'd like to hear

how their songs sound like in japanese. anyway, good luck to them.

Nicole(18) DOB: 17 Oct 1991, Nickname: "Cole", American Born. Personality: my style

Nicole - my style~~

haha!! love that..

Im so proud with Kara..Hope they will successful in Japan~~

Can't wait for their activities in japan :)

just love it :)

maybe they will debut in my country next :)

GO KARA HWAITING!!

GANBATTE NE!!!!

Nice to see kara go international...

And love to watch another episode with hitori advertising kara...

i loved the previous episodes, he's so humorous but yet doing well advertising kara...

best of all, he is advertising at he's own will.

it's not like kara paid him or something

Kara Fighting in the Japan!!!!