◊ �1,980 (CD+DVD)
◊ �1,600 (CD+Photobook)
◊ �1,200 (CD Only First Press)
◊ �1,000 (CD Only)

CD Tracklist

1. Mister (ミスター)
2. Umbrella (アンブレラ)
3. Mister (Karaoke) (ミスター(カラオケ))
4. Mister (Original Korean Version) (ミスター(オリジナル韓国語ヴァージョン)) (CD Only First Press Bonus Track)

DVD Tracklist

1. Mister (Music Clip) (ミスター)
2. Mister (Dance Shot Ver.) (ミスター)
3. Mister (Music Clip Off-Shot) (ミスター)

Information

"Mister" is KARA's Japanese debut single. It was released in four editions, CD+DVD, CD + 28page photobook, and two CD only editions, first press and regular. The title track is a Japanese version of the song originally included on KARA's second Korean album Revolution, and was used as the second lead track. The B-side, is also a Japanese version of the original song included on their third Korean mini-album Lupin, used also as second lead track.

Disambiguation

Mister (미스터)
→ Found on Revolution album as track #1. This is the standard Korean version.

Mister (ミスター)
→ Found on "Mister" single as track #1. This is the standard version except with Japanese lyrics.

Mister (Karaoke)
→ Found on "Mister" single as track #3. This is the standard version except without the main vocals.

Mister (Original Korean Version)
→ Found on "Mister" single as track #4. This is the standard Korean version with a different title for it's Japanese release.

Graph :

RLyV1.jpg

Monthly Chart : 16th

91248439.png

News :
[2010.07.18] Japanese Debut Single "Mister"

[2010.07.19] KARA's Japanese Singles Take Top 3 Spots

[2010.08.03] Set for Japanese debut, KARA receives overwhelming response after appearing on local music program

[2010.08.03] Set for Japanese debut, KARA receives overwhelming response after appearing on local music program

[2010.08.12] Panic! KARA�s live street performance ended abruptly in 3 minutes!

[2010.08.15] Japan's Reaction to Kara's "Mister"

[2010.08.16] KARA, Japan Handshake Event gathered more than 10,000

[2010.08.16] Kara to Come Out with a Best-Ofs Album

[2010.08.20] Kara already flooded with Japanese CF love call

[2010.08.23] Kara's Gyuri was shockingly surprised to see Japan reaction.

[2010.08.24] KARA to appear on NTV 「Shabekuri007」

[2010.09.06] KARA re-enters top 10 rankings on Japanese Oricon chart with �Mister�

credit:
Jpop Stop
newsbox ~ karaholic

laugh.gif many thanks to:
stevenstanley

-------------- Edit by xCHELLy ------------------

This is the ranking of Mister according to Jpop Stop

alalla.jpg

Total Sales: 50,018

I will update the rankings at least once a week.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched their japanese version of Honey and Pretty Girl : It was quite weird but I find the songs totally match in japanese !

I was glad to see DSP opting for Universal Music Japan because It means KARA will be able to have a good promotion.

And all the activities planed for the next month prove it already. I'lm pretty sure KARA would do good in Japan.

I also read on Allkpop that the Premium Box top #7 on the Oricon Daily chart and It's such a great step !

Hope the girls will be able to attend some famous shows when they start to promote their upcoming japanese album !

i'm sure kara will be a great hit in japan !

their jap version of honey , wanna and pretty girl sounds fine , maybe just a little weird due to us listening to th korean version too much ? yeahh

i'm sure kara will receive lotsa love from japanese fans ! <3

I really anticipating to hear their songs in japanese!!

Anyway, Kara's concept can totally adapted with Japanese fans..

Kara has everything needed to become successful in the country..

Gud luck to them!

oh yeah..

i've listening to the honey,pg, and wanna in japanese..

so far i think honey is the best..

it does really suit the songs..

PG, is the least i like..don't know why,but many of the lyrics just seems didn't matched with the songs :D

wanna a lil bit weird,but still better..

and i like hara's voice in her solo part :(

and looking at the sales, the response, and the amount of store that kara-related,

i think japan really ready for them :)

they are gonna be success..i'm sure..

the only thing i'm not sure is how big is the success..haha

I think Honey, and Pretty girl.....are going to the best two song the Japs will love^^

Especially Honey, the fans go crazy when they preformed it....

But yeah I dont really like wanna in Jap sounds really weird....

But I think they will also love it anyways :)

I cant wait to hear Lupin in Japanese

woot....this is a nice thread...Thnx curbow for made this thread....

I like Honey japanese version...woo~ it sounds nice....I think that song can be a hit if they promote there...

and Pretty girl...no comment on pretty girl...its jjang..!!!

can't say anything....

woot...I'm anticipating their debut in Japan...they sign with Universal Music Japan...

they surely gonna manage the 5 fairies well....cuz they are a biggest company in Japan....

Kara Wanna and Mister in japanese already out..??

In all honesty I feel like it's great that the girls are going to Japan but I'm a little reluctant to support them only because they won't be around Korea anymore once their successful. It's a bittersweet feeling for the girls to leave the country. At the same time KARA's original fanbase in Korea may not be as popular anymore and eventually succumb to other groups in the future. I think another Soka line will appear in Japan as well as both SNSD and KARA are promoting later this year ^^ I hope the girls can cross promote though from Japan to Korea

I've only listened to "Honey" so far, but I really liked it. :eyelove: I'll listen to PG in a little bit when I have time, but I'm sure I'll enjoy that one as well. Hopefully Lupin will be in Japanese also?? Let's go Kara! xD

In all honesty I feel like it's great that the girls are going to Japan but I'm a little reluctant to support them only because they won't be around Korea anymore once their successful. It's a bittersweet feeling for the girls to leave the country. At the same time KARA's original fanbase in Korea may not be as popular anymore and eventually succumb to other groups in the future. I think another Soka line will appear in Japan as well as both SNSD and KARA are promoting later this year ^^ I hope the girls can cross promote though from Japan to Korea

rather than "leaving the country", "extending their territory" maybe more appropriate. :crying:

like migrating flocks, they travel from places to places to survive.

but eventually they will return to their root harvesting their earns.

so i don't believe they will station in japan long term.

and yeah, lets hope the girls can cross promote too from japan back to home-korea.

---

rather than specific but going abstract & from a neutral point of view, kara usually don't have the best song(s).

inaddition rarely more than one song from an album was promoted intensely. just look at the number of mvs from each album.

always feel the promotion strategies can be done aggressively.

while not giving names, but it's obvious that things can be lots better for our girls when compared with other girl group(s).

despite these & don't know precisely why but i still fall for these girls.

not much on their success but more of their personality individually & as a whole.

hence what do i hope most out of this japan expedition?

hopefully umj will have the professions & expertises to lead kara to more unseen grounds.

enabling massive recognition of their existence, resultant from hardship & strong determination.

but results are still an important factor in all aspects. hence my wish, raising popularity & record sales outside korea starting from mighty japan.

---

@curbow

nice effort from you to start this new discussion on japan debut. this thread should be pinned. :)

KARA will have a smooth career in Japan undoubtfully <3 #7 on the Oricon Chart is an amazing start! I dont think I'll have anything to worry for them w Japan promotion. Yet somehow I still don't really like the whole head-to-Japan thing... I want them to have a more solid fanbase in Korea first... Kamilia is not as strong as other fanclubs everyone knows it.. All I can hope right now is DSP will be placing balance focus on both Korea & Japan. and franky I have attitude towards Jpop lol (not that I absolutely ignore it, I listen to WFL & NewS), wondering if KARA could make me changed lol but many signs have shown that their chance in Japan has come right? So better grab before its gone :)

if I think for our girls, I should really support them bcos promoting in Japan means much more albums sales -> income for them lol

All the best lucks for our girls!

i'm really excited for Kara and their Japan debut...but of course as a fan, I also become very nervous just like before their comebacks. will they do well? is the timing good? how will fans react? is there another group that will take the spotlight? things like that. i think the special premium box will do a good job at introducing the many sides of Kara and I'm really glad they also put in The First Blooming so that J-Kamilias can also take part in Kara's journey, know how far they've come and love them for who they are. >< I read many articles (translated in Korean using google...so haha it's difficult to understand when members' names become "Wade, Highway, Ask") and they say Kara's appeal is that they are genuinely nice down to earth girls who can still be glamorous and gorgeious, which is exactly in line with their image in Korea. I do hope they will promote Mister and Lupin too because those images are just soo iconic and really what brought Kara to the top. And of course new songs on the July album too.

The other side of me is a little worried with so many other girl groups set to debut in Japan. It brings me back a little to 2007, when Kara was overshadowed by other groups' debut. I don't think this will happen this time around, but as a fan, I can't help but worry. And also I worry what impact their leave from the Korea market may have. Although now, as opposed to a few months ago when there were rumors about Kara's debut in Japan, I am more confident of their fanbase and Kamilia's bond. So, I think DSP has done a good job in solidifying their base. I just hope that the cooperation with Universal will go smoothly because Kara is signed with Universal and not just having Universal help DSP promote. And in this way, perhaps they can co-promote in Korea because I really want Kara at the year-end Gayos too, although I know it takes time to break into the Japan market. And also that Universal will really promote Kara since they also have agreements to help promote another girl group (not mentioning names to avoid misunderstandings, )although I don't think they signed them the way they signed Kara) and they are not gonna just see who does better and focus on the group that takes the lead first. I do hope they'll also take Kara to many different countries in Asia because while the Japan market is big, the trend is now Korea and making it big there will take you to many places. So maybe after making some break into Japan, they'll promote abroad too. There's a lot of strategy and timing involved, I guess. KARA FIGHTING!!!! DSP, Universal Music Japan FIGHTING!

Anyway, this is my long rant....sorry for the essay, but I guess I just wanted to share my thoughts with Kamilias. I wish Kara lots of success! I will support them in Japan and anywhere as I support them now!

ahh i missed this thread a lot xD

i can't spazz much now,although i want to reply to each of the post..lol

i'm just gonna write the main points..

-----------------------

bout the girls' group competition in the japan, i think KARA already have a head start for it..

their popularity is awesome there..

and maybe i'm only have a little worries on there..

but i do agree about their going to japan,sumtimes it feels to early..

they need to strengthen themselfs in korea 1st..

but maybe,looking at japan's response so far, hope it will help them to become more popular :D

don't know bout the lupin and mister,haven't heard a news that stated they record japanese versions of it..

so can't say much.i'm really hope they will release new japanese songs though :thumbup:

despite these & don't know precisely why but i still fall for these girls.

not much on their success but more of their personality individually & as a whole.

Kara's appeal is that they are genuinely nice down to earth girls who can still be glamorous and gorgeious

agree on both of it..it's not about them as an idol or the songs or what..

the main reason that i really love kara is about their personality :D

oh yeah, and afaik, we don't have to worry too much about them 'forgetting' korea..

if i don't mistaken, they will be there only for a couple of months..

at least we can expect new korean album in the end of the year, and i'm sure they won't miss gayo daejun :eyelove:

---------------------------------

cmon kamilia, come here often..

support the girls on their japanese debut more!! ^^