yuda

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@eyeless

really..??

AKB48 sales reach 300K..??

wow..if so...maybe Kara didn't stand a chance to compete with them now..

since Kara will be debut...if their record sales make more than 40K..thats jjang..!!

thats count as Kara gonna be a big superstar then...haha~

btw...does someone here know...how much an artist sales have to be to make it to Top 10 in the Oricon chart...

@ZaЯA

Yes, AKB48 sold 300k++ and still increasing.

The last single, a choir, it sold 250k at the first day, no one expect it as it's not even a mainstream song.

Just let AKB48 alone with their fanbase ..

To make it to the top 10 oricon chart, depends on the competition, but usually 10k-15k is enough.

Somehow I believe Kara would sell at least 20k, by entering top 10, they might have a chance to be invited on Music Station and that's a very good way to promote them self.

Please don't slack down Kara, this gonna be hard but keep fighting! :D

Edit:

I just saw the show how to monkey baby, where Gekidan Hitori and Mari Yaguchi talked about Kara. It's quite hilarious.

And such a fake expression from Mari Yaguchi, as she looks like amused with the story. Mari Yaguchi is an ex leader of the most famous legendary Japanese idol group Morning Musume and she is a member when Momusu in their golden era and sold a single as much as 1500k copies.

She must have been in Kara position years ago, with much more crazy fans, and still amused with the story ... yeah right Mari ... :)

Edited by eyeless

@eyeless

your thought about Japanese singer is awesome...

you know all of them and their album sales...jjang..!!

250K at first day..wow...what will happen to Kara if their album sales 250K on the 1st day...

what do you think they will do...continue in Japan or back to korea...

20K..woo~ hope they can achieve that number..and been invited on Music Station would be great...

they can promote as well as perform there....many super popular japanese artist promote through Music Station..

so hope they will be invited by Music Station...

Morning Musume jjang..!! the legend...wow..they sold 1500k copies...

Japanese market is surely the 2nd biggest music industry in the world...Artist album sales can reach that high,,,

DSP made a great decision by sending Kara to take on Japanese market and challenge....

@ZaЯA

I don't actually remember the single sales, I check on the wiki :)

Just remember I read it somewhere

Morning Musume was really that legendary arround 1999- 2001. Right now they're not that good consist generation 5 to 8, AKB48 beat them so much in term of sales and popularity.

Just for information, Mari Yaguchi was one of the Momusu leader which forced to resign because of a scandal by having a date with some guy, the 2nd one is Miki Fujimoto for the same reason which is really ruining my fanboy life at that time :wacko:

Anyone aware that japanese idol can not have a boyfriend or even have a date? Doing this means instant retirement from idol life.

One of the reason I wish Kara enter Japan as a singer not an idol, but eventually, Japanese has accept them as an idol group. Idol life was hard and very unfair :D I don't know much about idol in Korea, but a member of Brown Eyed Girl is married isn't it?

BTW, do I check this forum too often :ph34r:

Edited by eyeless

@eyeless

The last single, a choir, it sold 250k at the first day, no one expect it as it's not even a mainstream song.

I remember my eyeballs almost fell out when I was casually checking Oricon and saw AKB48's first day sales. o_o That's Johnny's level already! :)

@zaimi

20K..woo~ hope they can achieve that number..and been invited on Music Station would be great...

I don't think Kara will be invited on Music Station anytime soon. Q_Q Maaaybe Music Fighter or Music Japan (didn't Gekidan said he wanted to see them on NHK channel? haha) but I think Music Station is pretty out of reach right now. It'll be hilarious if they can go on Utaban but I think that's a bit out of reach too.

@nerdxissa

Yeah I get you. @_@ First impression is extremely important so I really don't want UM to screw this up for the girls. A great PV, great album packaging, great promotion, all these will help. I think going cute will help them though, since cute is still "in" in Japan, but the strongness that Mister has will probably differentiate Kara from the other girl groups on the scene.

@in-in

And imo the butt dance looks best best in those worker pants, even though something new would be nice.

i know..i do admit that..it's undeniable :) but it still can't change my personal feeling..haha

t seems kinda cheap? And it gets boring to hear the same song sung over and over again.

yep..agree with that..

@nerdxissa..

personally i have the feeling with u..

some of people here know i'm very 1st blooming biased..haha

but judging from people opinion here, i think it's better for them to go with cute and mister thing -_-

i'll just gonna hope for the best for kara -_-

@in-in,eyeless,zaimi

woah..now i'm starting to loss about what u guys discuss about..

since i'm not that into japan..i'm only know l`arc~en~ciel :D

---------------------------

oh yeah people, if u guys can find pics,fancam,whatever of kara in japan..

u guys can share it here :)

10qi8hu.jpg

credit:as tagged

Wow, that's a lot of sales in one day :P

Now entering the Oricon Charts seem like nothing to me xD

I really hope this special premium album would sell at least 30k ++ now xD

I'm worried again xD I hope Kara gains popularity quickly since you know there's still 4 more months xD

[brb to edit ^-^]

@in-in

owh...THnx for the info..

too bad for Kara...if they been invited to Music Station...their popularity gonna rise like water...lol

haha~ keep bring us oricon news pls...haha~

@eyeless

woot...I can't believe this...

if Idol have scandal..they will be ban from the group...

OMG..this rules is so strict...hope Kara didn't get involve in one of them....

@curbow

you can catch up...I know you can...

you just need to learn the artist and listen to their song..and then you gonna be pro Jpop fans..lol..

btw....THnx for the pics..

Kara back in the Mister outfits...woo~ I miss that outfits...

wow...pics from the handshake session...it is one of the best session with Kara...from my opinion...lol

guys i'm lost in your "japan" conversation. (i only know doraemon. ^_^)

not much i can share here but still love coming here for the deep knowledge sharing & analysis on japan music stage.

but i know the premium box launch is mainly to make introduction into japan market, to confirm the fan base foundation,

& also to bring up the alertness & anticipation level what's coming next.

the august single or album should be the deciding factor, hence the promotion prior debut is extremely critical. we have to trust umj on that.

and as you guys mentioned, oricon top 10 should be a great achievement for overseas artists, & achievable for kara.

so anything more to me, it's what i called "it isn't happening previously because it's destined to be late". :D

guys i'm lost in your "japan" conversation. (i only know doraemon. :()

not much i can share here but still love coming here for the deep knowledge sharing & analysis on japan music stage.

As Kara is becoming one of J-Pop girl group, why don't we all try to know more about Kara's new domain :D

I will try to share all I know about the industry, the competition and ... everything else :lol2:

"it isn't happening previously because it's destined to be late".

Ahh .. I like this quote so much :jyc2:

Info:

Two debuting idol group has release their single. Tokyo Girls Style (Kirari) which struggling at their sales. And Momoiro Clover (Ikuze! Kaito Shojo) which sold their single 15k at first day which seems like it will make it into top 10 Oricon Weekly Chart.

I really hope Kara won't loose to Momoiro Clover, they are far to compare, even though Momoclo isn't bad either.

For marketing strategy, just copy from the best.

Put giant posters around Tokyo

o0480085410268094347.jpg

Make sure Kara on every magazine

0816akb.jpg

:sosad:^_^:sosad:

Remind me if I'm out of topic ...

^ WAHHHH!!!!!!! That's alot of girls... I thought there were only 5 xD

Kara's been on one magazine, a sports newspara ad and in the Shin...[something] Tower Records. They had life size cut out of Honey and there was like a Kara corner there xD Kara's Japan Showcase showed on Mnet Japan, their song Lupin and Mister was used as a background music for a show.

They were also showed on a show, it showed the hand shaking meeting and these people were watching them. [dunno who they are]

Their fans also went on a show[the show was about japanese fans liking Jpop (SS501's Jungmin and Hyun Joon were on it)] and it showed Kara going to a small event[like really small to meet fans]

And uhh... their album Revolution was #6[ i think just for a day] in Shin[something] tower records..

A person wth a record company evaluated Kara on a radio show.

Let's not forget Gekidan Hitori and helping promote Kara on Arashi's Homework and How to Monkey Baby...

And a DJ[not that popular] played Kara's song on his radio station.

...I think that's all the exposure/advertisment of Kara in Japan...

[i'll edit this later; im just going from what i remember]

@eyeless seems like you know alot about japanese market ^-^ you can help us discuss Kara in Japan ^-^ and I don't think it's spam since it's about/related to kara's debut in japan.

I posted up some things that's pretty old. just to see if we're all on the same page xD

I would love to see Kara on a billboard in Japan...

-edit: all the things i mentioned can be found in streambox or sweetbox just search it up with a keyword ^-^-

Edited by nerdxissa

^ WAHHHH!!!!!!! That's alot of girls... I thought there were only 5 xD

I can not stand not to comment on this one :eyelove:

That's not all, they got 48 members :eyelove: that's why they're called AKB48

And you know so much about Kara, where did you get those information? Cool ...

I'm super excited for their debut in Japan! I really hope we get to see some fancams of their Japanese performance.

I lurked around on Kara japanese fan sites. I found this video of KARA dance cover of Lupin, Wanna, Pretty girl, Mister. I think it's school event, but its so cute how still all the fan girls are calling out KARA members name.

Japanese kara dance cover

To be honest I don't really like it when my favorite korean groups go off to Japan. They'll make more money, be more recognized... but I won't understand what they're saying (I'm selfish, sorry.) and they'll be less of a presence in Korea. However... I'm pretty excited about KARA's departure to Japan. I'm not sure why but everything seems to be planned out very well and I feel like this is a really good move~ they've been easing into this pretty slowly. And they have a solid fanbase and some pretty famous people are in that mix, too. Super cool. :3 Plus they'll be back and if they debut with Mister that probably means an MV will accompany the debut.

Excited. ^^

I can not stand not to comment on this one :wacko:

That's not all, they got 48 members ;) that's why they're called AKB48

And you know so much about Kara, where did you get those information? Cool ...

48?! Doesn't that mean they need to pay more members? O_O

so it's 48 vs. 5 xD

And I probably seem like i know a lot about them but there are more people here that know more than me xD

And you can find a lot of kara japan related things in the sweetbox; just search up japan or japanese in the search bar and the streambox too; just search up japan or japanese xD.

@Giangy wow! that cover of lupin was cool! think of how much cheers kara got when they performed it at the fanmeeting ^-^

I'm so impatient of Kara's debut in japan. I hope they have good japanese by the time of their debut [pushy fan >_<;;] xD

Edited by nerdxissa

agree with that...but not in that bikini ;)

thanks for all the info guys, i'm like curbow & red4summer too...didn't know much about Japanese (i only know X Japan & doraemon LOL) so i could only lurk here :wacko:

yeah with KARA advancing to Japan, i guess we as Kamilia need to know whatsnot with this new market..

Edited by kara4life

Back for my second opinion. I really think they'll do well in Japan. Especially since they're going to be promoting "Mister". I'm really excited and can't wait to see how they do. I'm definitely positive that they'll do amazing in Japan though. Can't wait!! ;)

@nerdxissa

hahahah, i like the way how you "summarised" what you can remember on where/how/when kara were received in japan. (you rushed through in 2-3 minutes? :)) some mightn't be so detailed or incorrect but at least you remember them. that's an essential element to be a kamilia, following their activities. :)

---

never been to japan, not sure how they did advertisement for music. billboard signs on buildings along streets?

but think now it's still bit too early. japan or everywhere is crazy about the world cup. more likely aggressive promotion will only come around july?

@eyeless

48members?????????????????????? o.O

that's crazy..i though SuJu already too many >.<

and yeah, i do agree with kara4life..

KARA in magazine = totally YES!!!

KARA with bikini = NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls...if they do it, i'm gonna definitely write a petition to DSP and UMJ to cancel kara's debut in japan right away!!

i'm gonna fly to korea to DSP's office if i have to.. :)

and yes, i do need ur guidance about japan market, with the help of in-in and zaimi too maybe :)

@nerdxisaa

awesome effort of u to compile all japan related things of kara.. :)

thx a lot for all of it :)

@red4summer

lmao, doraemon?? :P

the only other japan thing i know about is it's manga haha..

^

agree with you yuda...

Kara with bikini pics or in bikini I will say No..!!

I hope our Idol will stay with their current concept cute and sexy..but not sexy with the bikini....

I really2 hope they will not be in a magazine like AKB48...

i'm gonna fly to korea to DSP's office if i have to..:)

lol...you are indeed true kamilia...^_^

@Giangy

Thnx for sharing the link...

thats what I like about japan fans...they are so jjang..!! the cosplayer FTW...!!

really2 love the cosplayer...wear the same mister outfits...

KARA in magazine = totally YES!!!

KARA with bikini = NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls...if they do it, i'm gonna definitely write a petition to DSP and UMJ to cancel kara's debut in japan right away!!

It's quite different culture between Korea and Japan. AKB48 and Morning Musume members has been on Bikini/Lingerie in magazine since they're 16 years old. If you've seen my AKB48 magazine picture above, one member is still at her 16. It makes us feel quite guilty isn't it?

I got to share this for the sake of this discussion, it's AKB48's latest single, see how perverted this PV is

EDIT:Fixed youtube embed

But, for one like me whose been into Japanese Idol before, don't feel anything wrong with it and I think it's quite cute :tongue:

They're on bikini. but It's not dirty (if you see what I mean)

For Kara, I don't think they gonna ever do this kind of bikini/lingerie shot. The culture is different, and even Kara is an idol group in Korea, IMO, they will enter Japan as singer not a pure idol group like AKB48.

I've been surprised on how much fangirl who love Kara, its even almost 50:50 between farboy and fangirl. Japanese girl group Idol don't have much fangirl, I could say it's 80:20 or even 90:10. This what open my mind while ago, IMO Japanese idol way is harassing females dignity (if this even a good word to describe it but I hope someone understand what I mean), that's why only view females can accept Japanese idol pop group as their inspiration.

This .. might be good for Kara if they enter Japan. They could fill some gap that Japanese Idol pop group leaves. :sweatdrop:

"Amongst them, a reporter from one of Japanese most popular media JJ (women magazine) also attended the event. JJ (http://jj-jj.net/) is a popular magazine focusing on women
Edited by eyeless

^ reading your thoughts, i have readjusted my previous assessment.

initially my thought on fanboy:fangirl ratio was to be 80:20 but you made the point that i missed. having more fangirls is way better & has the prolonging & genuine effect as compared with fanboys. especially in japan culture & as you mentioned, inorder for females to actually step forward supporting a girl idol group, they must be of real talents or seen as singers cum idols. i like the fact that kara is balanced out among fans from both sexes, meaning the girls are recognized through the works they have done.

however read somewhere that 4minutes was gathering some 10:90 ratio. wasn't that much better prospect than ours if solely judging on ratios? i'm surprised now. anyway to each its best. think with jj publication, more fans will be made aware of kara presence & to begin listening to their music. & hopefully the debut sale numbers can be encouraging.

I never heard 4minute song in Korea before, but the single Muzik they release in Japan struggling quite bad.

They have a descent cheap PV, but it's just a standard girls group PV all done in a studio with no story line.

I'm really sorry for 4minute fans, but it's my opinion.

The first week after the release, it sold 4,241 copies and only at #21 oricon weekly chart. I think it would not be charting in the next week so the maximum this single would sells probably around 5k--

I'm not sure how to compare 4minute to Kara in Korea, but this news quite worrying me. It shown how hard the competition in Japan music industry.

I like HyunA in IY, but with this condition, will it be the last time we hear 4minute in Japan??