[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

^

thanks for the clarification but now i'm really interested in the b-side content. basically all kara songs are included in the premium box & the 3 of the hottest songs were re-recorded in japanese. so what're left to be included for b-side? since it is for lesser popularity or remix, then lupin shouldn't be included too. & the probabililty of a double a-side with lupin is zero too. wow i'm getting too eager to check with them on what's in the pipeline. earlier there was a mentioning that a kara dvdbox (3 tv shows) will be released in japan too. so probably it's going to launch together with the single to boost sales?

I definitely hope the B-side is an original song and not like what 4minute did with their single with just putting the Korean version of Hot Issue on as a B-side.

I'm thinking the dvd set would be released on the same day as the single but it will be a separate release? Although i'm sure that the dvd that comes with the Mister single will definitely have the Mister pv and possibly a making of video?

Hopefully a press release with product info and a tracklisting will be out sometime soon. :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope so, they don't even inform the release date ..

AKB48 has set their next single to be released at 2010.08.18, I hope it won't be at the same week :)

Ah yea, I hope they also don't release in July since it's a very busy month in terms of releases. I think they should aim for the first week in August. But their company isn't saying anything yet so I don't know....

The 5 of them aren't really doing anything right now are they? (besides ShimShimTapa and Invincible Youth) So hopefully some information will come out within a week or two. At the very least I hope they're practicing Japanese in their dorm. :)

@eyeless

Thank you very much for your explanation ! It helps me a lot to understand more J-pop.

Now I start to be very curious about what KARA could put as B-side lol.

With all these versions, It means that if you want all the videos and songs you have to spend lot of money lol.

When I think that I used to say K-pop takes our money by releasing repackages.

I don't think I will buy all the versions of a same single...even for KARA lol.

Now I understand why a japanese artist can sell so much compare to a korean artists !

Edited by Solin

@eyeless

Thank you very much for your explanation ! It helps me a lot to understand more J-pop.

Now I start to be very curious about what KARA could put as B-side lol.

With all these versions, It means that if you want all the videos and songs you have to spend lot of money lol.

When I think that I used to say K-pop takes our money by releasing repackages.

I don't think I will buy all the versions of a same single...even for KARA lol.

Now I understand why a japanese artist can sell so much compare to a korean artists !

They definitely squeeze all the money they can out of buyers. :) I mean for the last akb single Ponytail to ChouChou which had the super high sales, there were like 4 versions of that single and plus on their first press releases of it, buyers were given a ticket to vote on which members they wanted featured on the next single cover, so that encouraged more people to buy multiple copies of it. And sometimes they have like extra goods with their releases, (although I think more for albums) like Ayumi Hamasaki's Rock n' Roll Circus album had the various versions with the CD and DVD and she also had an extra version which would have the CD, DVD, DVD Concert Tour, and a coffee mug with Rock n' Roll Circus labeled tea bags in the package. :lol: So there are a lot of ways they can get people to buy so much. xD

thanks for the graphical explanation. have better pictures on how they made lots of $. hahahh.

now the b-side is still a mystery but i have a bad feeling it'll be the korean version & remix.

the dvd box= Sweet Muse DVD ?

they are different. sweet muse gallery is a dvd collection from mbc.

the new dvdbox is from mnet, i think it'll be subbed in japanese rather than english.

i'm sure that the dvd that comes with the Mister single will definitely have the Mister pv and possibly a making of video

ok now i believe this dvddox is different from the single/dvd release. sorry my bad from the start.

At the very least I hope they're practicing Japanese in their dorm

very true & necessary. lololll.

thanks for the graphical explanation. have better pictures on how they made lots of $. hahahh.

now the b-side is still a mystery but i have a bad feeling it'll be the korean version & remix.

very true & necessary. lololll.

There is room for multiple B-sides so there is still a chance for an original song. I definitely hope that it's not just Korean versions of their songs because I think to buyers it Japan it makes it look like they're half-assing their releases which is definitely not a good impression to leave on the market. And hopefully when they do eventually release original songs later, they are like REAL Japanese songs and not like Big Bang's early material where it was basically a ton of English with some Japanese words thrown in. :) (athough I don't think Kara's style allows for that to happen so I don't think that will be an issue :P)

I know that Japanese isn't the easiest language to learn, but it would be great if by the time they get to go on Japanese music shows to promote, they wouldn't need a translator. It would definitely look better to potential buyers. Although I guess they could leave the talking to Gyuri and Seungyeon if the other 3 weren't as comfortable with the language at the time. :lol:

i saw the mv for the debut in japan is so cute and hot hehe hope they be successful in japan and next stop the world =]

Ehh .. :wub: which MV are you talking about here??

And hopefully when they do eventually release original songs later, they are like REAL Japanese songs and not like Big Bang's early material where it was basically a ton of English with some Japanese words thrown in. ^_^

:inluv:

Japanese is like the worst in english, so song with tons of English seems not a good idea :happybday: and lol to that ..

I know that Japanese isn't the easiest language to learn, but it would be great if by the time they get to go on Japanese music shows to promote, they wouldn't need a translator.

Or .. it might attract attention with their lousiness in Japanese :)

There's a show when Gekidan Hitori's KAWAII-ing them as they don't speak Japanese very well, and he think it's really cute :eyelove:

If the A-Side is Mister, I don't think there would be an original Japanese material for B-side. Probably an old release in Japanese, or it would be great if it's We're With You in Japanese :happybday:

yep agree, an original song for b-side is near impossible.

but then again there isn't any "popular" old release left in japanese, unless lupin?

this is getting real interesting guys. :happybday:

Hey guys! Nice posts by the way they are really informative so I wanted to thank you for that. I'm a silent reader simple because . . . well, I don't know much about the Japanese market so I don't know what to contribute. But I always check this thread cause it is very interesting. :syc2:

But I think that UMJ should include a Japanese single. From what I recall, I remember a fan saying that they appreciated KARA speaking in Japanese during the interview with 4,000 fans because even when KARA's Japanese was a little hard to understand they felt as if KARA was working hard for them. A new Japanese song would be good so KARA doesn't seem to be "half-assing" their releases, like leftys_rock said.

I think that having trouble with Japanese in the beginning is kinda cute, but when it continues to happen again and again, wouldn't it start to bother people? Sorry in advance in case anyone is offended.

It's been really tough going for girl groups in Japan lately, and female artists in general. Boy bands are waaay more popular these days, they dominate the charts. The only girl group making waves is AKB48, and they're pretty different than Kara. Hopefully Kara can break into the market though!

but then again there isn't any "popular" old release left in japanese, unless lupin?

Lupin could be the B-Side .. I mean why not. Beside it never been release in Japanese, if wanna make an impact, why not Mister and Lupin as A-Side and B-Side.

I think that having trouble with Japanese in the beginning is kinda cute, but when it continues to happen again and again, wouldn't it start to bother people? Sorry in advance in case anyone is offended.

Well .. I'm just kidding when I said that :P

Right now KARA might be do nothing but learning Japanese :)

It's been really tough going for girl groups in Japan lately, and female artists in general. Boy bands are waaay more popular these days, they dominate the charts. The only girl group making waves is AKB48, and they're pretty different than Kara. Hopefully Kara can break into the market though!

Actually, if you check previous pages, we already discuss this :81766871:

Boy bands indeed dominating Japan Music Chart, but this year is year of the girls group revival. so many new girls group formed, and AKB48 is leading by keeping up with Johnny's boys group sales. I'm not saying it's gonna be easy for KARA, but they have the advantages in this wave.

And the Music Japan special girl idol groups show I have shared, wasn't for nothing for sure. It means girl groups are something to watch for this year.

Edited by eyeless

Okie more Kara promotion.

It's Karmotion! haha.

Well if you guys don't look ar the sweet box or translated pieces then it posted up about two blogs talking about Kara.

One blog is from Tanaka Reina and I read on wikipedia that she use to be in Morning Musume?

She said..

"

Reina listened to music all day today~

Like Naoto Inti Raymi, that I recommended before

And Kara, a korean artist that I started listening recently

It's a song called "Wanna"

"

I wonder if she heard the Japanese version or the Korean version. At first Wanna sounds really nice but tyhen it gets annoying xD Wanna is nice listening it once in a while. The japanese version of wanna was kindof weird for me since I kept hearing "calling out your mom" xD

and another one was by Kanna Arihara.

What she said was really cute ^-^

"

Inside the subway it's always....

K-POP

I love it!

I especially like KARA <3

They are so cute and cool~

Their japanese debut seems to be decided!

I'm really looking forward!!!!!!

The KARA song I like the most is, I think "Wanna"

But I also recommend "Lupin" because it's so cool!

Ah! I have to stop!

I like them so much that I can't stop talking!

I love K-POP artists!

Sarangheyo! <3<3<3<3 kk

"

cr on translations: Harue@Karaholic.

hahaha, another Wanna lover ^-^ Glad she likes them. About her, I dunno something about Hello!Project.

[so im not really sure where these two girls are from but im sure other people know xD]

woot, many artists like Kara and I'm glad ^-^

I think if Kara's Mister sounds good then Japanese people will take a like in them ^-^ I think people might buy Mister to see how good they are :sweatdrop:

I hope Kara actually promotes in Japan and not just release a debut kindof like 4minute

welcome aboard jazz11mm & kuno.

it's ok to be a silent reader at least you make the effort to visit & read with interests. i'm a silent reader somewhere too.

but hey once a while letting yourself heard is better too. :sweatdrop:

A new Japanese song would be good so KARA doesn't seem to be "half-assing" their releases, like leftys_rock said.

a new japanese song will be great but the chance is pretty low unless it's a double a-side.

it'll trigger another mega sales not only in japan but outside too.

it may exceed what eyeless predicted, better 20k in first week sales. :)

Lupin could be the B-Side .. I mean why not. Beside it never been release in Japanese, if wanna make an impact, why not Mister and Lupin as A-Side and B-Side.

if lupin (japanese) is going to be included, then it should be more of double a-side.

debut single with mister & lupin in japanese will have bigger impact than mister alone.

now i'm hoping it really happens, with mister & lupin in a-side, then b-side doesn't really matter much.

if so, the next or 2nd single will be all in new songs.

@nerdxissa

hahah, i read the translation just now. love what arihara said, she talked just like a kamilia.

i bet she listened to the original version too because she was holding the lupin album!

since both groups ain't from umj, so i'm kinda quietly confident. :thumbup:

@nerdxissa

How did get those ?? :thumbup:

Reina Tanaka is member of Morning Musume not ex member :sweatdrop:

Kanna Arihara is ex member of C-ute

Both of them are Hello Project's Idol, soo cool to know that they like KARA. Especially Reina, cause she's popular. There might be more HP! idols that like KARA

If anything I think Tasty Love or Umbrella could do decently as B-sides since I think they would actually not sound so bad in Japanese. :sweatdrop:

And the blogs by the Hello!Project members are really cute! Good to know that their names are still popping up in Japan and that other girl group memers listen to their music :thumbup: The more exposure the better!

While i'm kind of impatient for news on their release, I think it's really good that they're taking so long since that (hopefully) means that they're taking more time to prepare for this and etc? And having those showcases earlier this year was really good too since it seems like they're really trying to establish a solid foundation in Japan before attempting to break into the market. While for 4minute it was like announcement, release, and *hope for the best* within such a short period of time.

yea, i'm getting real impatience for their next activity as a group in terms of music release.

i'm not used to the quietness these days. maybe my obsession is too deep now. hahah.

lesser known songs from lupin album as b-side, hmm..

"we're with you" is totally out because it's meant for red devil rather than blue samurai. lol.

Me too :) I really like watching singers I listen to on variety shows, but the lead up to releases is what gets me the most excited. xD But there should be a lot more news to come in the next month so I think it should be worth the wait. :)

And the other songs on the Lupin album as B-sides was just something i'm throwing out there, I don't actually expect that to happen. xD But it would make sense if they did use those songs since B-sides aren't intended to be hits really.

Oh and on the subject of We're With You, i'm pretty sure Kara doesn't have to worry about their songs being banned from TV stations because Korean television networks are pretty fickle and petty with each other from what i've seen while Japanese networks aren't like that. :)

^

Yes, I should explore more :)

I never heard TV station banned a song like in Korea, and I'm pretty sure Japan TV station never did something like that. We're With You, the song it self doesn't explicitly support Red Devil team, it's more like an encouragement song. But politically, it's quite impossible to put this song as B-Side :D

I've been depressed because of this inactivity, I think I need a shrink .. :D

I would normally be happy with their lack of news since it could mean that they're taking a break, but they all still seem to be pretty busy and working all the time, it's just not as documented by the media's eye currently. So I think their venture into Japan will be good for them in that way too because promotions there aren't like in Korea where they have to perform on those music shows and other events every day of the week. BoA has this saying of her heart rests in Korea but her body rests in Japan. So I think that will be true for Kara too, so it will be nice for them to have some more resting time.

Oricoon Weekly Chart

Artist: YUI

Single: to Mother

Publisher: gr8! records

Released: 2010.06.02

Sales: 71,804

# Artist Single Sales

2 SID Rain 61,283

3 AKB48 Ponytail to Chouchou 46,279

4 HO-KAGO TEA TIME Pure Pure Heart 44,230

5 ARASHI Monster 29,015

6 Lia / Tada Aoi My Soul, Your Beats! / Brave Song 20,243

7 Hilcrhyme Loose Leaf 18,290

8 TUBE Shakunetsu Love 14,088

9 XIAH junsu XIAH 13,963

10 SCANDAL Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY 12,359

YUI #1 :)

AKB48 still charting strong even it's their 2nd week, so PoniShu's total sales is 559,732. Arashi's Monster is even better, it's their 3rd week and got total sales 639,667.

SCANDAL is actually one of my favorite all girls band, they look like AKB48 subunit with skills to play their own instrument, seems didn't sell that good in 1st week, but their typical sales won't drop much on 2nd and 3rd week, so 20k could be achieved in the end :)

Yay for YUI! :D Good to see another #1 single for her, I believe it's her 5th straight and 7th overall? She's such a good artist. :)

Arashi's single is doing so amazingly! I can't believe the chart life of most of their singles and albums, seriously!

Good to see akb still selling well in their 2nd week!

Junsu's single dropped a lot in sales in the 2nd week but that's kind of expected with Tohoshinki singles and albums. :/ They have amazing first week sales and it drops off really quickly after that.