[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did ur watch play together with go hara in it? lol

when they ask her what do japanese say to her and then what she say to reply..

she say amigrdo i think something like that is sound so funny and sweet hehe

I watched it both without and with subs :friendly:

The first time i watched it was without subs. I don't really understand what they said but I laughed at her reactions :hihi:

The way she said it, it was hilarious

And don't forget the part where she changed her pants...Epic

I did read about Jiyoung mentioning about their Mister MV

She said she felt like doing the butt dance 100 times and she's experiencing pain at her hips

That is no joke.

I did the butt dance a couple of times and it hurts if you do it repetitively at a time

However I think they want to show and produce best quality MV to everyone

Keep moving and take care of your health!

welcome back all, it has been a long time since we last chatted, with lots of events & twists for past 2 weeks.

ok now the news on another idol group signing with umj, first it was 4minute then kara & now snsd. what's umj underlining strategy? though they're under different record labels in far eastern tribe, sigma & nayutawave respectively, i still don't feel alright having only umj handling all korean girl bands promotion in japan. who's next? i hope neither t-ara nor 2ne1. not that i dislike them or they are not talented but i believe the unfortunate group(s) with weaker sales will suffer as a result. & what happened to avex? didn't they see any potential outside japan? yes kara has the better head start & best worth result so far among them, but i still prefer different music companys competing & bringing the best out of each. now please don't tell me snsd is promoting new song in september while kara & 4minute are promoting "old" song. hope their decisions are justifiable & reasonable to all.

with reference to both akb48 & morning musume, i wonder if snsd is more of a direct competiter than kara? i mean i hope to see kara be received as a girl group but with 9 members snsd is nayutawave going for the idol market instead? hope i'm not offencing anyone here. :thumbup:

jjang, it's really happening as wished weeks ago, both mister & lupin in debut single. i can't believe i'm saying this but i hope world cup to end tomorrow so it's nearing debut release. now mister pv is completed, wonder if there isn't any teaser before the debut release?

all fellow friends, it's good to be back. in fact i missed you all. :D here is my first post after the long rest. somehow it shows how much i'm looking forward to august. :thumbup:

Wow morning musume are really into Kara these days...Now even Ai-chan and Linlin is performing butt dance on their single BTS

Im so glad that morning musume likes Kara so much!!!

I wish they could collab a japanes single :confused1:

Edited by clc_00_ca

i heard about them officially debuting in japan quite a while so i decided to take on the KARA bandwagon (sone here lol) hearing quite a lot from japanese audiences that they are quite big and have a great number of fans there, so hopefully it will all go well for them there. :D

i heard about them officially debuting in japan quite a while so i decided to take on the KARA bandwagon (sone here lol) hearing quite a lot from japanese audiences that they are quite big and have a great number of fans there, so hopefully it will all go well for them there. :P

congrats ur a kamilia now...

To quickly cover the UMJ issue. Not to linger too long on SNSD here but the two main reasons SM is not sticking with Avex is 1.) the DBSK disaster, which stressed the two company's relations, and 2.) Avex's general reluctance to spend money to promote new, cross-over artists. In DBSK's case Avex did not start spending major publicity money until DBSK started ranking in the top 3 of the Oricon.

UMJ on the other hand is very generous with promotions, as seen via Big Bang. I think their more active style of publicity will be more helpful to the Kara girls.

Although Kara, 4minute, and SNSD will be debuting in Japan in approximately the same time period, I do not think we can say they will be competitors against each other. Remember that no Korean girl group has yet had a breakthrough in Japan (the closest was solo artist BoA, but even now her sales aren't strong). Their first competition will be against the likes of Morning Musume and AKB48 (I keep on writing AK47 XD), and once they establish strong sales and popularity then can we consider these rival Korean girl groups true rivals in the Japanese market.

On the other hand, who's excited for the Mister MV??? Omg it's like a dream come true. I've prayed many a nights for this moment. It's gonna be suspender-licious!

thanks clc_00_ca for the morning musume butt dance clip. hahah, the way i look at it, our girls are still the best. anymore or similar to share? i just love to see the eagerness from the japanese.

welcome tomochan, you sure know how to choose the topic for your first post. ^_^ anyway hope to see you around often.

hahaha goddessfollower, ak47 best. btw thanks for the sm & avex facts. anyway it's old news now & "not critical" to kara. but still i don't favor the all-in-one strategy, it's not the best approach to break though or have a firm stand in japan. like i said, the weaker group(s) will suffer as a result. anyway let's hope umj sigma will work out the best for our girls.

forget about mister & lupin in japanese, i just can't wait for mister mv/pv to be released. it is so hot & popular that it doesn't seem right to deny it a mv making. the dream has indeed come true. :)

Just find this on cdjapan website, what happen? Sold out on 1st day?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=POBD-60358

MBC DVD Collection: KARA - Sweet Music Gallery [Limited Release]

Price 6476yen (6800yen Tax incl.)

US$ 71.14

Points You Earn: 194 points

Format DVD (Region 2)

Release Date 2010/06/23

Availability Out of Print -----------------------------------------------------------> sold out on 1st day?

welcome back all, it has been a long time since we last chatted, with lots of events & twists for past 2 weeks.

ok now the news on another idol group signing with umj, first it was 4minute then kara & now snsd. what's umj underlining strategy? though they're under different record labels in far eastern tribe, sigma & nayutawave respectively, i still don't feel alright having only umj handling all korean girl bands promotion in japan. who's next? i hope neither t-ara nor 2ne1. not that i dislike them or they are not talented but i believe the unfortunate group(s) with weaker sales will suffer as a result. & what happened to avex? didn't they see any potential outside japan? yes kara has the better head start & best worth result so far among them, but i still prefer different music companys competing & bringing the best out of each. now please don't tell me snsd is promoting new song in september while kara & 4minute are promoting "old" song. hope their decisions are justifiable & reasonable to all.

with reference to both akb48 & morning musume, i wonder if snsd is more of a direct competiter than kara? i mean i hope to see kara be received as a girl group but with 9 members snsd is nayutawave going for the idol market instead? hope i'm not offencing anyone here. :)

jjang, it's really happening as wished weeks ago, both mister & lupin in debut single. i can't believe i'm saying this but i hope world cup to end tomorrow so it's nearing debut release. now mister pv is completed, wonder if there isn't any teaser before the debut release?

all fellow friends, it's good to be back. in fact i missed you all. :) here is my first post after the long rest. somehow it shows how much i'm looking forward to august. :)

I've missed this forum and especially this topic as well. :P

I kind of wish SNSD was under Avex as well since it would be nice to see how they promote differently. I don't know as much about UMJ but I don't think the number of artists should be a problem? I mean Avex has many many many artists and they frequently promote at the same time? I think in Japan they aren't as worried about artists under the same label selling together. But either way I hope the Japanese company makes almost all the decisions regarding promotional songs and etc, instead of letting DSP make decisions on Kara's Japanese career. Although I don't like how Universal does the redubbing of old songs, they have experience in Japan so they would probably know best. Considering SNSD will be under the same company, I would expect them to promote an old song as well but I may be wrong when September rolls around. :P

There's around a month gap I would think between Kara and SNSD's releases so I don't think they would be direct competitors especially in the eyes of the Japanese market. To the Korean media though, they always need something to compare so they will definitely see them as competitors. In Korea, SNSD defintely has an advantage because SM is such a powerful company there, and thus better promos and etc, and I would have said the same in Japan had the Avex-SM relationship remained good, but now both groups are under the same company so it's a more level playing ground at least. We'll see what the result is when the sales numbers roll in later. :)

I'm very excited for the Mister pv! They should have made one in the first place for the Korean version. :P Although now looking back, maybe it was good that they didn't because there won't be a comparison drawn between the old and new mvs so people will just be anticipating this one. xD A teaser should come out soon because if they're releasing the single in August, the pv should be out a 2-3 weeks before then and the teaser should be out a weekish before that. :D

@All

Thank goodness this forum is alive again .. :aha:

What's up guys?

@clc_00_ca

Thank you for the video, actually I thought Ai-chan could pull the butt dance off quite good :tongue:

@pig3head

Probably it means "out of stock", and why at cdjapan? better to look for it at yesasia

@goddessfollower

IMO, Morning Musume might be KARA's Japanese first competitor, but AKB48 is the last group they wanna compete with :ph34r:

@leftys_rock

About Avex, right now they concentrate on forming another Idol Group named Super Girls, they look like Japanese SNSD :P. The audition was just finalized, and they would debut in a couple of months. So, I don't think Avex has a plan to import any of the idol group to Japan just yet.

I wanna see Mister MV RIGHT NOW!!! :wacko:

@leftys_rock

About Avex, right now they concentrate on forming another Idol Group named Super Girls, they look like Japanese SNSD :wacko:. The audition was just finalized, and they would debut in a couple of months. So, I don't think Avex has a plan to import any of the idol group to Japan just yet.

Oh right, I think they have 12 members? And I think the youngest one is 12 years old too. :aha: Avex probably made them to compete with SNSD because Avex and SM's relationship is :tongue: right now. :ph34r: They're debuting at a-nation apparently? If anything Avex is probably turned off by working with Korean music groups after what happened with SM. :/

350px-SUPER_GiRLS.jpg

SUPER☆GiRLS is the first audition idol girl group since avex trax was established. There was a total of 7,000 contestants attempting to win the contest. SUPER☆GiRLS will make their stage debut on August 7 at this year's a-nation concert. The members of SUPER☆GiRLS also expressed their desire to successful idols like AKB48. Komuro Tetsuya also announced their debut song "Be with you" a classic song.

Oh no .. they will debut on August ..

AKB48's POISON CATS will be released on August as well ..

August definitely not the best month to debut :D

very very interesting ..

Came to share some of mae's hawk eyes finding xD

Accidentally revealed the clothing for the Mister MV?! *0*

"

So this picture of Jiyoung was tweeted on the day KARA recorded their MV. Look at her sleeve:

2ijfqc.jpg

Then I saw these sponsor pictures:

15fgpc0.jpg

11hvswy.jpg

5f451g.jpg

Sponsor pictures are taken at the location of photo shoots, perfs, etc. Plus I don't recognize Nicole's top and their gloves look NEW, also Jiyoung's and Gyuri's tops.. I have not seen before!.. but it doesn't look like the style for Mister Japanese Vers. is much different than the Korean promotions.

"

cr:mae's blog

And I'm sure everyone has seen the picture of [one of?] the Mister MV sets? IT LOOKS SO AWESOME O_O Military set !!!!!! ^-^

Jiyoung thought the MV product was good so pretty excited for this!!!!!!! ^-^

edit: AHH!!! T^T seems like august isnt the best time to debut... Like AKB48 is also releasing a single and super girls too O_O.... snsd is gonna debut in sept. I think kara should go head to head with snsd and debut sept too ^-^

Edited by nerdxissa

Oh no .. they will debut on August ..

AKB48's POISON CATS will be released on August as well ..

August definitely not the best month to debut :)

very very interesting ..

But it's just a stage debut right? So their single might not be released until later...but either way i'm just hoping for Kara to get decent sales numbers, not topping the charts since getting #1 singles is quite difficult in any week on the Oricon calendar. :P

@leftys_rock & eyeless

hallo hallo, welcome back so that i'm able to learn more about japan music stage. heheh.

agree on the levelled playing ground, we shall see the result outside korea. i'm one sole kamilia "with nothing else attached", if you get what i mean. :P like i said earlier, maybe it's destined that mister was voted out by wanna. without a mv but managed to be a more popular hit than the title song, mister is just waiting for the right moment to shine & achieve greater heights.

mister, it's not to be forgotten with regrets but meant to be late with surprises. :)

really looking forward to the teaser more than anything else now. it reminds me about the madness generated in kh during lupin promotion. it was one of those days when you just didn't feel like doing anything except handling around kh marking another kara milestone.

ok from the look at the various debuts & releases, it may seem initally not advisable to debut in august but on the other hand i feel it's better to sail & prevail amid strong winds & currents. believe we have to aim high to generate encouraging & respected results. who knows what will happen.

@nerdxissa

thanks for sharing the suspected mister outfits here. i wonder what was the theme for mister pv. hmm, kinda military? anyway usually anything japan made will be awesome, isn't it? lol. in fact i'm curious about how mister & lupin will sound like too. :)

It might be true that Avex probably wants to debut Super Girls to compete with snsd. What a coincidence that before snsd debuted, they were supposed to be called supergirls. lol!

Anyway, im not really comfortable with the fact that these korean girl groups are all gonna be under UMJ. I dunno but i kinda fear that since SM is a bigger company than DSP, they might have more power with UMJ,hence UMJ promoting SNSD more. haha, okay maybe thats just me being paranoid. But theres rumors that SNSD's debut japanese track is gna be a new one as in, not a remake of their korean song. However, some people have also said its gna be a remake of kissing you. im not sure. :P

i have high hopes for kara in japan but im kinda worried now after read this. click here

But then again, those are just japanese netizens so it doesnt really represent the general public. I cant wait to see the Mister PV and its great to see support from other japanese idols! weird how when a japanese idol praises SNSD, it makes news, but when one does the same for Kara, it doesnt rly make news. Oh well.

Im happy the forum is back though, i missed this thread. :)

naw that was just a troll post.

ill quote what two commenters said:

"How come the actual article you linked to in Japanese says that they enthusiastically cheered them on and that the dance excited fans?"

"And while I just did a quick skim, a lot of those comments don't seem directed at KARA specifically, but are voicing dissent over Korean groups - ALL Korean groups - treating Japan like a money making machine (...not that that's a bad thing, it's what people do, try and make money). The KARA post just happened to provide an outlet for it. Rather like how many readers here grouch about Korean groups in general on a specific artist's post.

But I think we can all agree that 175 people? Not exactly a broad sampling of a population of 120-odd million. "

anyways it goes without saying KARA would get some hate for entering the Japanese market. there is a very sordid history between Japan and Korea... and both countries' citizens are highly nationalistic and xenophobic.

@leftys_rock & eyeless

hallo hallo, welcome back so that i'm able to learn more about japan music stage. heheh.

agree on the levelled playing ground, we shall see the result outside korea. i'm one sole kamilia "with nothing else attached", if you get what i mean. :) like i said earlier, maybe it's destined that mister was voted out by wanna. without a mv but managed to be a more popular hit than the title song, mister is just waiting for the right moment to shine & achieve greater heights.

mister, it's not to be forgotten with regrets but meant to be late with surprises. :)

really looking forward to the teaser more than anything else now. it reminds me about the madness generated in kh during lupin promotion. it was one of those days when you just didn't feel like doing anything except handling around kh marking another kara milestone.

ok from the look at the various debuts & releases, it may seem initally not advisable to debut in august but on the other hand i feel it's better to sail & prevail amid strong winds & currents. believe we have to aim high to generate encouraging & respected results. who knows what will happen.

@nerdxissa

thanks for sharing the suspected mister outfits here. i wonder what was the theme for mister pv. hmm, kinda military? anyway usually anything japan made will be awesome, isn't it? lol. in fact i'm curious about how mister & lupin will sound like too. :)

Ye, their success might just be a matter of luck as well. :P Some artists sometimes just make an immediate spash when they debut and for some it takes some time. I think Kara definitely has some luck on their side with Hitori-san giving them so much free advertisement in Japan without them having debuted yet and they didn't really have to do anything. :) And maybe it was fate too that Mister didn't really get "proper promotion" yet. I mean it was really popular in Korea and was definitely one of the biggest songs of the year, but i've always felt that promos for it were not organized the best because I think the management was surprised it was such a hit. So maybe this Japanese debut is the right time for the song to really hit its stride. xD

I also don't mind the debut in August since I don't think the ranking on the chart really matters, it's the number of units sold, so it's ok if they release their single in a strong week. (And plus a strong music week usually means more people hit the cd stores and more people with the chance to buy the single if they see it :P That's just my optimistic way of thinking tho xD)

Yeah true, and im totally gna pretend like i know what xenophobic means, LOL. *goes to dictionary.com*

Ohh! okay i get it now! hahah yeah true. I hope Kara does manage to make a huge impact to Japan's music industry. I'm also really curious to see akb48's new song and snsd's debut song. August is gna be interesting!

It might be true that Avex probably wants to debut Super Girls to compete with snsd. What a coincidence that before snsd debuted, they were supposed to be called supergirls. lol!

Anyway, im not really comfortable with the fact that these korean girl groups are all gonna be under UMJ. I dunno but i kinda fear that since SM is a bigger company than DSP, they might have more power with UMJ,hence UMJ promoting SNSD more. haha, okay maybe thats just me being paranoid. But theres rumors that SNSD's debut japanese track is gna be a new one as in, not a remake of their korean song. However, some people have also said its gna be a remake of kissing you. im not sure. :P

i have high hopes for kara in japan but im kinda worried now after read this. click here

But then again, those are just japanese netizens so it doesnt really represent the general public. I cant wait to see the Mister PV and its great to see support from other japanese idols! weird how when a japanese idol praises SNSD, it makes news, but when one does the same for Kara, it doesnt rly make news. Oh well.

Im happy the forum is back though, i missed this thread. :)

Oh I wouldn't worry about that article since that post was made by one of its_matteo's 3475023409283408230482304820348 troll accounts and he disses any artist that's not 4minute or Erika Sajiwari and all of the comments in the post he makes are filled with tons of wank so I wouldn't read too much into that. :P Actually I would steer clear of any K-pop related posts in arama since a lot of wank and other crap is posted there because of recent troll problems. :) freefree (the mod of arama) is kind of busy right now so it takes him a bit of time before he can deal with the troll issues.

thanks vavavoom, it was an exceptional reading on what they thought of korean groups.

but which group, company & organization prime objective isn't about making money?

not sure if they represent the majority but one thing is sure, that's the market we are going in.

i see it as a challenge. :P or as leftys_rock said, don't read too much into it.

@daebak

about the known history between them, don't think it'll impact much as one fears.

but for the minority who mix politics & entertainment, believe they live constantly with dissatisfaction too. :)

@leftys_rock

i still feel if mister was promoted aggressively by dsp, it might have overrun abracadabra for #1. but like you said the management was surprised too. now with mister & lupin, album sales should be great but individually will the songs popularity be divided too? i'm finding bit wanna & mister similarity here. hahah, i like your logic of "strong music week usually means more people hit the cd stores and more people with the chance to buy the single if they see it". excellent piece! lol.