[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

@leftys_rock

i still feel if mister was promoted aggressively by dsp, it might have overrun abracadabra for #1. but like you said the management was surprised too. now with mister & lupin, album sales should be great but individually will the songs popularity be divided too? i'm finding bit wanna & mister similarity here. hahah, i like your logic of "strong music week usually means more people hit the cd stores and more people with the chance to buy the single if they see it". excellent piece! lol.

I thought the same as well, so it was kind of a shame that didn't happen. But maybe now it will get the publicity it deserves with the right management behind the promotion. xD It will still be quite a challenge though, I hope they're ready for it.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly with the popularity of songs being divided, but in Japan they don't have music awards every week like they do in Korea, so the individual songs would only compete on the monthly or yearly charts, but songs have to sell REALLY WELL in order to get on those. And if they were released individually, it probably wouldn't be very close together in time so they shouldn't be competing on the same weekly charts. And if both Lupin and Mister are released on the same single, then their individual popularity won't be competing against each other at all! :thumbup1:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to remind everyone.. DSP hasn't said much about KARA's debut in Japan.. we don't even have idea of what kind or promotion they will have...I just saw KARA scheduled for a concert in Korea for August. I was a bit surprised. I don't see DSP not coming back to Korea before the end of the year without another Korean Mini Album for KARA, end the year off with another hit XD

Tower Records in Shibuya ^-^ To me it looks like that Kara is taking up the most k-pop space.

30dc50h.jpg

wahh look at Kara's space ^-^

qpkx39.jpg

I don't mean to compare but if you look at the shelves to the right, each only has one shelf. And 4minute only has 2 and they already debuted in japan ^-^;;

There's a lot of Kara merchandise

even the first blooming is there! :DD

28ku7mw.jpg

Look at the sign xD "Kpop's new generation"

KARA's name in lights :DD okay maybe not lights but still, you can't miss those big letters that say KARA ^-^

30dc50h.jpg

[i think i repeated this picture xD]

AHH!! Kara written all over ^_^

15nkhdw.jpg

omg!! Kara pictures hung!!! How can people not miss this!? I mean once they see they should be able to fall into Kara's charms.

I dunno if they paid them to promote Kara but to me this is pretty okay promotion? If I lived in Japan, I would seriously go to this shop and buy one of each of Kara's merchandise to show them that they are making money promoting Kara and put them in the store more xD

picture cr: mae's blog

"credit: as tagged +dckara + kara-t."

And another thing. They keep mentioning Kara as K-pop. DBSK went into Japan as a J-pop group. And I hope they don't see Kara as just a K-pop group. I would say I want them to see Kara as a J-pop group but they're not xD I dunno. I just don't want to put Kara just as a K-pop group. Am I making sense? xD Like, instead of putting them by the K-pop section of the store. Kara's CD's are with the other J-pop artists ^-^ Not as a Korean girl group but just a girl group ^-^;;

I would like to remind everyone.. DSP hasn't said much about KARA's debut in Japan.. we don't even have idea of what kind or promotion they will have...I just saw KARA scheduled for a concert in Korea for August. I was a bit surprised. I don't see DSP not coming back to Korea before the end of the year without another Korean Mini Album for KARA, end the year off with another hit XD

This is Kara's second concert right? Or no? Wasn't the first concert for MetaFriends? So this is just like their first official concert? Oh I thought it was a solo concert xD I think DSP thinks that Kara still has a lot to do in Korea. And I hope that Kara doesn't just release a debut single in Japan and then comeback to Korea like 4minute. Like at least spend some time in Japan. I kindof want another comeback from Kara at the end of the year too. And I think the end of the year would be a good time to promote since everybody used up all of their best artist in the beginning xD

Edited by nerdxissa

And another thing. They keep mentioning Kara as K-pop. DBSK went into Japan as a J-pop group. And I hope they don't see Kara as just a K-pop group. I would say I want them to see Kara as a J-pop group but they're not xD I dunno. I just don't want to put Kara just as a K-pop group. Am I making sense? xD Like, instead of putting them by the K-pop section of the store. Kara's CD's are with the other J-pop artists ^-^ Not as a Korean girl group but just a girl group ^-^;;

I definitely agree; I hope one day Kara can achieve the status of being known just as a popular group in Japan and for people to not emphasize that they're Korean. I mean in like Japanese articles written about BoA, they never mention that she's Korean, it's always just about her as a singer. It'll probably take a year or two before Kara can be thought of like that (esp since they need to improve their Japanese :)) but I believe they can get there. :lol:

a mid-year korea concert in august? hmm.. hopefully that's before their busy promotions & long activities in japan which still remain mysterious at this point.

imo kara will still be received as a kpop group now until they are really into japanese culture & language. so it best to begin with a release of new songs. even though now 4minute is releasing 2nd single with an old song in end july, i don't see kara has any song left except new japanese songs as their 2nd single. one step at a time, kara will be there. :(

Wow.. suddenly this thread is very active :thumbup:

I also don't mind the debut in August since I don't think the ranking on the chart really matters, it's the number of units sold, so it's ok if they release their single in a strong week. (And plus a strong music week usually means more people hit the cd stores and more people with the chance to buy the single if they see it tongue.gif That's just my optimistic way of thinking tho xD)

I really hope that releasing single in a strong week won't affect that much. But look at last week Oricon weekly sales for a popular Idol Group Morning Musume.

Artist: Kimura Kaela
Single: Ring a Ding Dong
Publisher: Columbia Music Entertainment
Released: 2010.06.09
Sales: 46,197
# 	Artist 	Single 	Sales
2 	Girls Dead Monster 	Little Braver 	38,854
3 	Morning Musume 	Seishun Collection 	34,122
4 	VAMPS 	ANGEL TRIP 	31,518
5 	BIGBANG 	Tell Me Goodbye 	31,293
6 	Idoling!!! 	Me ni wa Aoba Yama Hototogisu Hatsukoi 	27,707
7 	UNICORN 	Hadaka no Taiyou 	23,439
8 	MUCC 	Yakusoku 	19,485
9 	AKB48 	Ponytail to Chouchou 	17,284
10 	ARASHI 	Monster 	14,620

Momusu only sold 34,122 which is like their worst selling single of all time, and this is one of their good song. It's 2 week after AKB release the PoniShu single. I hope it has no direct connection at all, but it seems like idol group fans buying power is not unlimited. Idol group is such a wallet raper :D

And this week oricon weekly chart

Artist: TOKIO

Single: -Haruka-

Publisher: J Storm

Released: 2010.06.16

Sales: 48,688

# Artist Single Sales

2 Sound Horizon Ido e Itaru Mori e Itaru Ido 47,241

3 Kubota Toshinobu LOVE RAIN ~Koi no Ame~ 21,640

4 Kimura Kaela Ring a Ding Dong 17,756

5 AKB48 Ponytail to Chouchou 10,465

6 ARASHI Monster 9,823

7 KAT-TUN Going! 9,611

8 Dragon Ash AMBITIOUS 9,372

9 GIRL NEXT DOOR Freedom 8,858

10 Ayabie Dramatic 8,433

Oricon also release half year best single here and album here today

Top 10 half year single

Troublemaker
Arashi

Monster
Arashi

Ponytail to Shushu
AKB48

Love yourself ~Kimi ga Kirai na Kimi ga Suki~
KAT-TUN

Sakura no Shiori
AKB48

BREAK OUT!
TVXQ

Going!
KAT-TUN

Hatsukoi First Love
Masaharu Fukuyama

Hitomi no Screen 
Hey! Say! JUMP

Mata Kimi ni Koishiteru / Asia no Kaizoku
Fuyumi Sakamoto

Top 10 half year album

PAST<FUTURE PAST
Namie Amuro

FUNKY MONKEY BABYS Best 
FUNKY MONKEY BABYS

BEST SELECTION 2010
TVXQ

Hajimari no Uta
Ikimono Gakari

5years
Kimura Kaela

Kamikyokutachi
AKB48

Ai Subeki Mirai e
EXILE

BEST ~third universe~ & 8th AL "UNIVERSE" 
Koda Kumi

VOCALIST 4
Tokunaga Hideaki

Rock'n'Roll Circus
Ayumi Hamasaki

@nerdxissa

Thank you for Shibuya Tower Record pictures.

They really overwhelming the K-POP section, and that hung up picture is :thumbup:

Seems like KARA's marketing strategy is promising.

KARA isn't a J-POP group YET, wait until Mr. is out :tongue:

And the 2nd single, gotta be a new Japanese original song .. :D

Edited by eyeless

I dont think kara can be considered a jpop group yet, since they havent officially debuted there yet, oh well, give it time! :D

Ring a ding dong? LOL i read it as ring ding dong :rolleyes:

But those pictures are reeallyy impressive!

I really hope that releasing single in a strong week won't affect that much. But look at last week Oricon weekly sales for a popular Idol Group Morning Musume.

Artist: Kimura Kaela
Single: Ring a Ding Dong
Publisher: Columbia Music Entertainment
Released: 2010.06.09
Sales: 46,197
# 	Artist 	Single 	Sales
2 	Girls Dead Monster 	Little Braver 	38,854
3 	Morning Musume 	Seishun Collection 	34,122
4 	VAMPS 	ANGEL TRIP 	31,518
5 	BIGBANG 	Tell Me Goodbye 	31,293
6 	Idoling!!! 	Me ni wa Aoba Yama Hototogisu Hatsukoi 	27,707
7 	UNICORN 	Hadaka no Taiyou 	23,439
8 	MUCC 	Yakusoku 	19,485
9 	AKB48 	Ponytail to Chouchou 	17,284
10 	ARASHI 	Monster 	14,620

Momusu only sold 34,122 which is like their worst selling single of all time, and this is one of their good song. It's 2 week after AKB release the PoniShu single. I hope it has no direct connection at all, but it seems like idol group fans buying power is not unlimited. Idol group is such a wallet raper :sweatdrop:

And this week oricon weekly chart

Artist: TOKIO

Single: -Haruka-

Publisher: J Storm

Released: 2010.06.16

Sales: 48,688

# Artist Single Sales

2 Sound Horizon Ido e Itaru Mori e Itaru Ido 47,241

3 Kubota Toshinobu LOVE RAIN ~Koi no Ame~ 21,640

4 Kimura Kaela Ring a Ding Dong 17,756

5 AKB48 Ponytail to Chouchou 10,465

6 ARASHI Monster 9,823

7 KAT-TUN Going! 9,611

8 Dragon Ash AMBITIOUS 9,372

9 GIRL NEXT DOOR Freedom 8,858

10 Ayabie Dramatic 8,433

Oricon also release half year best single here and album here today

Top 10 half year single

Troublemaker
Arashi

Monster
Arashi

Ponytail to Shushu
AKB48

Love yourself ~Kimi ga Kirai na Kimi ga Suki~
KAT-TUN

Sakura no Shiori
AKB48

BREAK OUT!
TVXQ

Going!
KAT-TUN

Hatsukoi First Love
Masaharu Fukuyama

Hitomi no Screen 
Hey! Say! JUMP

Mata Kimi ni Koishiteru / Asia no Kaizoku
Fuyumi Sakamoto

Top 10 half year album

PAST<FUTURE PAST
Namie Amuro

FUNKY MONKEY BABYS Best 
FUNKY MONKEY BABYS

BEST SELECTION 2010
TVXQ

Hajimari no Uta
Ikimono Gakari

5years
Kimura Kaela

Kamikyokutachi
AKB48

Ai Subeki Mirai e
EXILE

BEST ~third universe~ & 8th AL "UNIVERSE" 
Koda Kumi

VOCALIST 4
Tokunaga Hideaki

Rock'n'Roll Circus
Ayumi Hamasaki

@nerdxissa

Thank you for Shibuya Tower Record pictures.

They really overwhelming the K-POP section, and that hung up picture is :thumbup:

Seems like KARA's marketing strategy is promising.

KARA isn't a J-POP group YET, wait until Mr. is out :tongue:

And the 2nd single, gotta be a new Japanese original song .. :thumbup1:

Morning Musume's sales have been declining for a while though right? :/ So i'm not quite sure if their low sales were totally a result of akb's earlier release.

And thanks for posting the year to date charts! Yay for Past<Future, I LOVE that album. :D The Funky Monkey Babys' best album is selling super consistently, I think it'll be in the top 5 albums at the end of the year. I hope EXILE's album can be in the top 10 year end charts as well but I think it's going to be harder for them.

I don't understand why DSP still doesn't give us more information about KARA 's debut in Japan.

Ok...we know that they have done filming Mister PV and I'm really excited about it and can't wait to see how it would look.

But except that, we don't know nothing lol.

I agree on the fact that KARA can't be yet considerated as a j-pop group.

Maybe after Mister, they would be so.

But I hope later on, KARA will just be mentioned as a girl group in Japan.

I glad SNSD and KARA are under the same label in Japan

However, if SNSD debuts with a brand new song, I will be very dissapointed because It would be totally unfair !

With a month between the two debuts, there will probably comparaison...and especially in Korea

I hope KARA could do better than SNSD because if not, Korea will again say KARA lose to SNSD

And that's why I'm quite happy KARA debut before but I'm affraid of AK48 in the same time lol.

Seeing KARA Sweet Muse reaching #6 on oricon daily chart in quite optimist

So, for now, I only hope Mister PV will be good enough to catch people's attention lol.

Morning Musume's sales have been declining for a while though right?

Actually it's not, they have their ups and downs, like Nanchatte Renai which hit 70k. Their latest single was just surprisingly low... it just doesn't make sense in any way, they have a lot worst song but sells much better than this.

But then again, you might be right .. I hope so .. Momusu's management seems doesn't support the girls that much anymore, they're just like being wasted. While AKB48 got the best management right now. I'm shocked by how Momusu popularity dropped

I don't understand why DSP still doesn't give us more information about KARA 's debut in Japan.

Ok...we know that they have done filming Mister PV and I'm really excited about it and can't wait to see how it would look.

But except that, we don't know nothing lol.

I agree on the fact that KARA can't be yet considerated as a j-pop group.

Maybe after Mister, they would be so.

But I hope later on, KARA will just be mentioned as a girl group in Japan.

I glad SNSD and KARA are under the same label in Japan

However, if SNSD debuts with a brand new song, I will be very dissapointed because It would be totally unfair !

With a month between the two debuts, there will probably comparaison...and especially in Korea

I hope KARA could do better than SNSD because if not, Korea will again say KARA lose to SNSD

And that's why I'm quite happy KARA debut before but I'm affraid of AK48 in the same time lol.

Seeing KARA Sweet Muse reaching #6 on oricon daily chart in quite optimist

So, for now, I only hope Mister PV will be good enough to catch people's attention lol.

Ah yea, just some product information for the new single would be great even! :) Or some dates for upcoming releases. But generally at least for the artists I follow, there usually aren't solid dates for anything besides concerts and album/single releases since I don't think i've ever known about a date that a pv preview will be aired or anything; it just seems to appear on tv during a music program broadcast and then it's uploaded. :/ And then the full pv comes out like a weekish or so later.

Comparisons between the two will no doubt be drawn, but I think as long as they have decent sales and make their name known in Japan, it should be considered a success and articles comparing them in Korea shouldn't be used to judge whether Kara has succeeded or not. After all, since they are making music in Japan, it shouldn't be Korea that decides who has "won." :unsure:

Actually it's not, they have their ups and downs, like Nanchatte Renai which hit 70k. Their latest single was just surprisingly low... it just doesn't make sense in any way, they have a lot worst song but sells much better than this.

But then again, you might be right .. I hope so .. Momusu's management seems doesn't support the girls that much anymore, they're just like being wasted. While AKB48 got the best management right now. I'm shocked by how Momusu popularity dropped

As a BoA follower for a few years, I can say that I definitely know the confusion of seeing good songs get crappy sales while bad songs have great sales. B) But it kind of sucks that their management isn't caring; because usually once there's a decline, sales + promotions start spiraling in the bad way. :/

Comparisons between the two will no doubt be drawn, but I think as long as they have decent sales and make their name known in Japan, it should be considered a success and articles comparing them in Korea shouldn't be used to judge whether Kara has succeeded or not. After all, since they are making music in Japan, it shouldn't be Korea that decides who has "won."

when they release in Japan, it's easy to compare. Just look at how much the single will be sold :hihi:

Edited by eyeless

Talk about Japanese idol group .. tailing the success of AKB48, many new idol group has been formed, some is just so ridiculous ..

1. Shibuya Gal's

read the english article here

This group is just the opposite concept of AKB48, they are all flashy. And planned to have 48 members?? This is just ridiculous .. :bored:

2. SKL39

read the english article here

A restaurant idol group?? WTH?? and the name?? are they serious?? damn ridiculous .. :scared:

I will consider them not as an idol group, but as a comedian group :wacko:

That come up while some better and promising idol groups just went to hiatus for indefinitely

read the article here, it's a good one :D

Edited by eyeless

I think idol group have always been present in Asia so I'm not surprised to see that Japan is not an exception.

However, with the success of AKB48, It seems like this trend starts again because when I used to be into J-pop,

I only knew Morning Mosume as idol girl group but now after few years, there are a lot of new one lol.

I also hope it won't be like in Korea where girl groups are blooming everywhere since last summer !

^ going to malaysia would be a lousy idea, no offense, bcos the malaysian market isnt big and doesnt have much of a 'music culture', unlike korea and japan. and even china/taiwan.

back to topic, personally i dont think kara's debut might go as smoothly as all of us hoped for in the beginning.

firstly, they're debuting august. and as for now, everybody knows that it isn't the best time to debut.

secondly, snsd. for me, im extremely biased, so while kara is #1 for me, snsd's #2. and there's no way i would ever prefer snsd to kara BUT NO OFFENSE TO ANYBODY. snsd's popular everywhere, and u know just how big they are in korea at the moment. sme's obviously trying to dig out some more money from them, so snsd's going to japan. while kara has more potential, snsd is obviously on the rise. quite a lot of jap idols are blogging abt how excited they are for snsd's debut and so on (just go to soshified). both of them are under umj, but since it'll be a win-win situation for umj, you cant say for sure whether umj would promote one of the groups more than the other, causing unfair competition. snsd's definitely a fierce opponent u dont want to meet - but sad to say, our girls DO meet them every now and then - and their dvd presales are alr sold out and even charted at #5 on the oricon dvd presales. i dunno for u guys, but when akp said that snsd's going to japan, i was literally screaming in horror cos im scared of the competition. so far snsd has ALWAYS been winning, and the odds of kara beating them in japan arent that high, unfortunately.

thirdly, MR. butt dance, catchiness, etc etc. personally, if it was a new single, kara's potential would have increased. im sure jap fans have alr heard the song, and some might even be...... slightly bored of it. for me, mr just isnt as huge as what it was back in 09, so u get the idea. to debut as a 'sexy' group in korea is definitely the way to go, but not so much in japan. it would be much safer for kara to go for the cutesy style. as for the pv, it really needs to be better than the pathetic job in lupin. lupin's a gr8 gr8 song, but the mv isnt, unfortunately - average lighting, poor and cheap-looking sets, and no storyline or any scene of kara literally being 'thieves'. they just used their sexiness to camouflage all these flaws. umj really needs to work on the pv, bcos the debut isnt so much for an instant hit, more of a chance to set a gd impression to the audience.

a new single would really work, though. at the moment im DESPERATELY hoping the umj's actually hiding a bomb, which is another single, instead of mr. or maybe a repackaged album? but repackaged albums tend not to do so well in sales too, so the situation is going down~~~

k i noe im a total pessimist but this is really wat i think and im getting more and more worried for kara. at first i was over the top but not anymore, the future's looking kinda bleak.

but kara's #6 position for the swt muse gallery did liven my spirits though, but not by a lot.

but then again, im rather confident kara will reach top 10 and that'd be gd enough for me. what do u guys think? will kara rly explode in japan?

@MizuiroKaze13, frankly, i don't agree with you.

August may be not the best time for KARA debut but it is the right time for the debut. We all know UMJ has KPOP BigBang, 4Minute, KARA and SNSD in hand, and the promotion sequence is Bigbang in June, 4Minute in July, KARA in August and SNSD in September.

Perhaps there will be strong local artist promotion in August and KARA may lose some focus, but it is OK for me. Could we just focus on single sales number other than on chart rank? Bigbang 4th single gets around 35000 sold in 2 weeks, could KARA get a close number or beat the number? This is what i am waiting for.

Not sure how long will Japanse artists promote their song, is one month long enough? We notice that Bigbang's sales number drops a lot only one week later. We think there is no big promotion overlapping betwwen KARA and SNSD.

About MR. butt dance, personally as a Chinese Kamilia, I feel very satisfied with this kind of compensation DSP makes for us. As we know, KPOP has dance advantage in asia, UMJ and DSP may want to emphasize the point. A honey-like or pretty-girl-like song may be a bit more reasonable but let's wait and see, could KARA MR. shake both butt and JPOP at the same time. KARA also has Japan version Lupin, not sure how they are going to deal with Lupin.

Edited by pig3head

I have a feeling that some might look at chart positions, but as long as we know it's about sales figures, it's ok.
Could we just focus on single sales number other than on chart rank?

pardon for my limited knowledge but what's this chart besides the sales chart/numbers?

However, if SNSD debuts with a brand new song, I will be very dissapointed because It would be totally unfair!
since it'll be a win-win situation for umj, you cant say for sure whether umj would promote one of the groups more than the other, causing unfair competition.

this is my worry too, i just hope umj won't submit to (any) sme pressure.

actually what do we want from this japan adventure? the main objective is open a niche market in japan. so to achieve respected high sales, i would say. it's not about competing with snsd or any other korea group. of course myself as a full kamilia (i have no #2 group or whatever), i would love to see kara topping snsd for once but it's not the primary target. but i will love to see dsp getting the nod over sme if there's any comparsion.[

After all, since they are making music in Japan, it shouldn't be Korea that decides who has "won."

this! though i'm still very biased. kara above anyone else. hehehe.

i agree, cute approach is the safe bet but sexy concept can bring up to the next level. we shall try test the market before the others. imo besides new original song, mister is still the best to make awareness among the japanese. they need to see more, rather than just akb48 & morning musume. :thumbup1:

pardon for my limited knowledge but what's this chart besides the sales chart/numbers?

It is actually just that same Oricon chart, but tbh your ranking on that chart shouldn't matter, it is how much they've sold. Because in Korea, how good a song is doing is seen by how high its ranking is on the chart, which is why articles in Korea make such a big deal when like the Big Bang single hit #5 on Oricon, but tbh, looking at it more closely, their sales figures weren't that great and that week wasn't a particularly strong one either, so I wouldn't have deemed that single a success.

And also, about looking at charts, I know that many fans were very happy to see the Kara box sets rank in the top 10 on the daily charts, and it's definitely a good step in the right direction, but I wouldn't call those true successes unless they can keep that rank throughout the week and so that they can place in the weekly figures. Although I think in those two cases, the price of both packages was quite high, so even though sales numbers weren't super high, i'm pretty sure they made quite a bit of money off of those. :thumbup: But I believe consistent sales is the key in Japan so I hope that can happen to Kara for their releases as time goes on.

thanks leftys_rock, you have clarified what i need to know, the sales figures. yup the last 2 boxes were really expensive but it was encouraging. not sure what will the debut single be priced at but looks like its sales will be better considering it's going to be cheaper.

I just read from the newsbox, about the Korean Half Year top 10 album

9 member group Girls Generation took the second spot with their second full length album Oh! released last January, with 117,633 albums sold, and the repackaged version took third place, selling 48,827 copies.

KARA released their third mini-album Lupin late February of this year, and with 23,276 copies sold, their took the ninth spot in the chart. Their title track Lupin showed a sharp contrast from their usual bright and lively style, showing a more charismatic image on stage.

The fact that there are only 2 girl idol groups in the list in gaining much interest because these same two groups will be entering the Japanese market very soon, and fans are anticipating the rivalry between them once again. Both groups are scheduled to release singles in Japan sometime in August, and because they are going to be promoting around the same time, the competition between them are gaining much interest as early as now.

Other artists on the list are Super Junior, who is on the top spot with Miinah, selling 119,167 copies, and the repackaged version selling 45,733 at fourth place. At fifth place is 2AM with I can't let go even if I die (34,474 copies sold), seventh place goes to 2PM's Don't stop, can't stop (29,381 copies sold), eighth place is Beast's mini-album Shock of the new era (24, 236 copies sold) and rounding up the top 10 is SS501 with Destination (19,790 copies sold).

The only non-idol group artist in the top 10 is world star Rain, who is at 6th place with his special album Back to the basic (33,764 copies sold).

The complete list is:

1. Miinah (Super Junior)

2. Oh! (Girls Generation)

3. Run Devil Run (Girls Generation)

4. Miinah - Repackaged (Super Junior)

5. I can't let go even if I die (2AM)

6. Back to Basic (Rain)

7. Don't stop, cant stop (2PM)

8. Shock of the new era (Beast)

9. Lupin (KARA)

10. Destination (SS501)

I looked at the number and eeeehhh ...

Now I understand, why Korean desperately wanna enter Japan market :blush:

I thought that between South Korea and Japan, even South Korea population is about half of Japan, the sales won't have that much of gap.

And .. Korea CD is much more cheaper than Japan CD.

This would explain what leftys_rock has said before about chart number and sales. SNSD's Oh has been #1 on chart and Kara's Lupin as well. I thought they have almost the same sales, but actually the gap is quite big.

In Japan, how popular an artist or singer, is measured by sales number. That's why AKB48 is at different level compared to other girl idol groups in Japan.

Edited by eyeless