[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

i think its a good idea if Seungyeon was to go on Japanese variety shows,she'll be helping to expose kara to the japanese audiences.Kinda like when Kara first debuted and seungyeon was doing variety shows.lol.

Oh yeah... what happened to rainbow? where are they?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seungyeon in Japan to promote KARA is a quite good idea. She is already fluent and staying in Japan will only help her to improve more. Moreover, if she can stay in Japan and go on some shows, Japan will probably accept KARA more and have a good image of the group. And since she has nothing planed, why not extanding her name in Japan lol.

imagining they will be flying back and forth with every1 having their own regular show to be done..

aww...i hope they didn't exhausted too much..

and yep, as for now, KARA is DSP's main "weapon"...

anyway, from the previous link that kara4life posted..

here's the translation from anky:

Partially.. towards the end.. it says something like this "Kara will be doing promotion in Japan on August and is expected to have a short break in between their local(Korea) activities in September." .. The article mentions summer and how artists/stars spend their summer(and their respective activities). Only the last part related to Kara..

so yeah..basically it's just the same with kara4life mention previously :)

m8.jpg

Nice picture .. :thumbup:

It's a bit late but this is Oricon weekly chart for Music DVD

MUSIC DVDs

1. V.A. - Persona Music Live 2009 ~Velvetroom in Wel City Tokyo~ = 6025

2. Otsuka Ai - Otsuka Ai LOVE is BEST Tour 2009 FINAL = 5991

3. Aya Hirano - Aya Hirano 2nd Live Tour 2009 Speed Star Tours Live DVD = 5802

4. Arashi - ARASHI Anniversary Tour 5x10 = 4651

5. the pillows - PARTS OF OOPARTS = 4361

6. Berryz Kobo - Berryz Kobo Festival ~Yokoso Otakebi Land e~ = 4237

7. Miliyah Kato - Ring Tour 2009 = 3372

8. KARA - MBC DVD COLLECTION: KARA-SWEET MUSE GALLERY = 2927

9. 10-FEET - OF THE KIDS, BY THE KIDS, FOR THE KIDS! V = 2840

10. SKE48 - SKE48 Densetsu, Hajimaru ~2010.4.29 @ Zepp Nagoya~ = 2658

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/dm/w/

They're at top 10 on Weekly Chart, not daily chart like allkpop usually put on their news .. it's a weekly chart .. definitely a good sign :)

Come on Mister, show that PV .. :P

Thank for the information eyeless !

Even if they only sold 2927 copies...they actually made it in the Top 10 Oricon Weekly Chart this time.

I know they have a long way to go but It is really a good sign for their upcoming promotion.

And moreover, the SWEET MUSE GALLERY is quite expensive.

When you see that the #1 has sold 6025 copies, so yeas it's really a good sign for the future

thanks for the translation there curbow & anky

thanks for the info eyeless..i've been wondering how Sweet Muse doing on Oricon Weekly.....i'd say its quite an accomplishment coz for all i know its done without any official promo yet, so its quite a good sign for August activities...and yeah Mister PV better be good...

Edited by kara4life

thanks eyeless.

imho, 2927 japan sales was an honorary achievement considering kara haven't even released their debut single. & the most important fact that was not reflected in the chart was that all the top 7 were selling much cheaper than the sweet muse gallery. it's a good sign with things ahead.

thanks anky & yuda for sharing the earlier article translation here. appeared to me it was more like media speculation.

Making the weekly top 10 is a great sign :D Though ~3k units sold doesn't seem that great, i'm sure they would be happy since the release was so expensive. They never show these, but it would be interesting to know the revenue made from that DVD set.

Considering they haven't even officially debuted yet in Japan, this really bodes well for future releases. :)

woah..nice info..thx eyeless!!

yep, considering it's a premium box with expensive price, it did quite great..

so the response are very good..

counting days for the release of mister pv..haha

btw, eric, yep..i have the same thought with u too..

it doesn't looks like an official announcement..

Have you all read it ?

KARA was initially set to release their debut single on 4th August. The title song will be the Japanese version of their hit ‘Mister’. And it known that the filming of the MV has completed. But according to KARA’s representatives, the girls needs more time to prepare for their Japanese debut and the debut will be postponed for a week.

An official said on 6th July, “There are some changes to the plans for the girls to release their Japanese debut single on 4th August. It will be postponed for about a week, but we have not decided on the exact date yet.

I'm quite dissapointed by DSP once again ! They really have this trend to delay everything and to keep things secret.

I'm so excited for Mister PV and now have to wait a little more longer lol.

They say a week but knowing DSP it could be longer.

Edited by Solin

just learnt about this an hour ago. hmm or maybe at the request from umj? if it's delayed for better preparing then it's a good sign they anticipated earlier. not sure how they worked out the 4th date initially but pretty sure as they planned backwards, commited schedules & tasks on hand aren't able to complete as wished. so let's hope this is the last major obstacle left to clear before the debut. in fact be it dsp or umj, hope it's due to them than the girls. in that way, the girls will have more time to relax & practise their japanese. no? yes yeh! :)

[this thread has been kindof slow xD]

[scans] Nikkei Magazine August 2010 Editon

cr: mae's blog

too lazy to post up pictures just go to this blog -----> http://ournikori.blogspot.com/2010/07/scan...ugust-2010.html

So is this a Japanese Magazine?? And if you look next to the picture of Seungyeon there's like this chart thing. I wanna know what it's about.... >_< Cuz it shows f(x) T-ara and other artists. And Kara is the pink star..

I translated the chart :)

rsvawz.jpg

It's basically categorizing the Korean girl groups~ .. not all too accurately imo. SNSD should be on the same side as KARA and I have no idea why AS isn't all the way to the right, lol.

An official said on 6th July, “There are some changes to the plans for the girls to release their Japanese debut single on 4th August. It will be postponed for about a week, but we have not decided on the exact date yet.

Postponed by a week so... August 11? Or August 18, haha. They better not pull a weird trick and release it on any day other than a Wednesday, since the Oricon weekly chart counts from the Wednesdays to Wednesdays.

hmmmm, at least I know what they think of Kara. But I think this chart is a little inaccurate with AS, WG, and snsd. xD As for Kara, I think....... I dunno, any girl group can change concept anytime xD

thanks in_in for the clarification. for the chart to be accurate, it has to be 3-dimensional, cute + sexy for kara.

seems like the japaneses are still holding on to the kawaii side, sincerely hope they wouldn't reject or hestiate to accept what is coming next.

This clarification is quite weird to me because I would put SNSD on the same side as KARA

While AS should be more in the same categorie as WG

And I see T-ara more in the middle since they are more sexy than cute to me lol.

Well...It shows how japanese perceive KARA and if they are still considered as a Kawaii so I understand why they love KARA lol.