[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

believe me, keep reading with interests (with kara music on), you'll reach here in no time.

those pages contained all the answers to your questions too. :)

debut single will have mister & lupin recorded in japanese. my guessing is to be packaged with other original songs from lupin album & hence no new song. 4th august debut single release is postponed, probably by a week.

I've been busy lately, it's bit late but here's

Oricon weekly chart

Artist: Kanjani8

Single: Wonderful World!!

Publisher: Imperial Records

Released: 2010.06.30

Sales: 245,064

# Artist Single Sales

2 RADWIMPS Manifesto 58,237

3 RADWIMPS Keitai Denwa 57,710

4 Watarirouka Hashiritai Seishun no Flag 39,552

5 DREAMS COME TRUE Nee 33,065

6 Inaba Koshi Okay 16,114

7 SuG Koakuma Sparkling 9,846

8 Narumi Sokichi (Kikkawa Koji) Nobody's Perfect 7,483

9 Kimura Kaela Ring a Ding Dong 5,680

10 RIP SLYME Mata Au Hi Made 2010 ~Tomita Ryu~ 5,303

Ok, as usual #1 is Johnny's

But a surprise here that #2 and #3 are from the same band. I haven't heard the single but definitely will check that later.

#4 from AKB48 sub unit, it sold quite well, even better than momusu's latest single :sweatdrop:

I heard that mister would had a delay, really hate that.

@xichigo

Thanks for the chart translation

It's good if Japanese thinks Kara is at the cute side :thumbup:, AS supposed to be sexy, not cute imo

In Japan Pop is more popular than RnB/HipHop, and cute is more popular than sexy for idol groups. So .. Kara is the most suitable for Japanese taste among those girl groups, off course .. I'm biased :D

Edited by eyeless

^

believe me, keep reading with interests (with kara music on), you'll reach here in no time.

those pages contained all the answers to your questions too. :sulk:

debut single will have mister & lupin recorded in japanese. my guessing is to be packaged with other original songs from lupin album & hence no new song. 4th august debut single release is postponed, probably by a week.

ahh damn u make read all the whole pages instead of aswering my simple questions lol :P

okay i'll read it with interest and passion lol

but i dont know what you guys are talking about, its all about japanese sales and so on and so forth

nevermind :lol:, i'll just read it quietly without complaining :crybaby:

looks like eyeless has all the information about japanese, how do you get all those info btw? :sulk:

^After you've been following Jpop for several years you'll be very familiar with how the Japanese music scene operates, but for now you can just go with the flow haha. But if you want, here are some very very important websites:

Oricon Singles Daily Chart http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/

Oricon Singles Weekly Chart http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/

Oricon Albums Daily Chart http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/

Oricon Albums Weekly Chart http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/

The Natsu Style (http://blog.livedoor.jp/ustan777/) This guy makes weekly sales predictions~ And he's usually pretty close to the actual value.

Ugh I have mixed feelings about their Japan debut... I really want to see SY act. TT__TT

^ Yipee!! Thanks for the links ^^ Now I don't have to guess on what to click to get to the charts xD

And I think that Kara might sell about 10,000.................... that's my prediction xD I hope the "Natsu Style" makes a prediction for Kara :DD

And about Seungyeon's acting. Since I'm not that Seungyeon biased ^^;; I choose Japanese debut. And we have discussed this for so long that I would be disappointed if they suddenly cancel debuting in Japan. But they probably won't. [but they didn't say a straight out "no" for Seungyeon in drama?? x33]

How I see it is, Kara will debut in Japan. And might stay a week or 2 OR Kara will fly back and forth. Cuz they were only scheduled one concert. And as for DJ ing and variety shows. they always just use replacement. I think the variety shows know about that.

Kara's 2nd single will probably be Lupin right? Or will Lupin be released w/ Mister? [i still want an original japanese single though ^^;;]

But, I still see Kara having one more comeback this year........ ^^;;

Other than that, DSP said that they were working hard for this debut!! :D

They added "Although being included in a drama is a good opportunity, the debut of KARA had already been promised to their fans in Japan and they do not want to break their promise. Debuting abroad is about good timing, and we have been preparing hard for their debut in Japan for a long time."

Heehee, they said debuting aboard is about good timing ^^ I mean Japan seems very open to Kpop right now ^^ And they are anticipating kara, snsd and, since 4minute already debuted, them too. So the timing is perfect :tongue:

And about them preparing hard for their debut in Japan for a long time makes me happy!! :( They are putting in effort :D]\

I'm confused about one thing though. What does it mean if they stay one week in Japan? By debuting, do they mean releasing their song? Are they gonna perform anywhere?

oh yeah, random but, in the article w/ kara they called them "kara angels" it sounds nice ^^

Edited by nerdxissa

Of course we don't know exactly what they're going to do since they haven't really said anything yet, but hopefully during the period they are in Japan they can perform on some music shows (like Music Japan/Music Fighter/Gekkan Melodix, etc) since it will definitely help promote.

But yes, debut as in releasing their single. :D

I'm kind of hoping that Mister and Lupin will be on the same single since that should mean their single after that will be original Japanese material.

I wanted to see Seungyeon in that drama but at least this shows that DSP is serious about Japan :thumbup: Oh and i cant remember if someone answered this already or not, but im just gonna ask again and then check the past pages,lolol.

Have they announced how long Kara is gonna be active in the Japanese market? Like for SNSD i heard they are only gonna be there for about 6 months.

I'm all for the girls exploring their potential and expanding but I hope they don't stay away too long. They should still make their presence felt in Korea. And I find it easier to keep up with kpop than jpop, so... But goodluck to the girls! I know they'd do well.

I'm all for the girls exploring their potential and expanding but I hope they don't stay away too long.

I understand that if they leave Korea for too long, the fans will miss them

But I want KARA and DSP to be serious about Japan and for that, they have to stay a while

In that way, Japan would be able to see that they don't just consider Japan as a market

And in order to success in Japan, you have to take your time !

So I prefer them to stay at least for a month or two if it's possible

For now, we don't have any information about this debut

I hope KARA could attend some shows because it's the best way to promote a song !

As for Seungyeon who won't be able to be in ISWK because of Japan Debut

I'm happy with this decision of DSP because Japan have been waiting for their debut since months

And it won't give a good impression if they cancell it for a drama !

I'm sure Seungyeon agree with it because knowing her, she will always choose fans over personnal opportunity

And to me, KARA is before all singers and not actors so that's not so important even if I would love to see Ham in a drama

for those who are in doubt..

as of now, details on how the japan promotion will be run is still unknown, similarity to its duration & hence how it'll affect the individual activity. the postponement of debut single release (mister & probably with lupin) is confirmed though not the date, but certainty they will be back in korea for the brand new concert on 20th august.

wow..this thread were quiet for some days..

i'm surprised, haha

anyway, it looks like japan will be bombarded by k-pop groups o.O

now BEG will joining the forces too..

but don't know why,i'm sure our girls won't be defeated here..

i'm sure they will do great, it's whether they are on the top, or one of the top..haha

@inin

when i first heard it just now i thought it was randomly sung by some japanese girl fans, but since you shared it here then it's really THEM. but how possible? hmm.. part of the promo strategy?

^Most Japanese songs previews are released in LQ first on radios. Maybe the PV, or at least a short 30s preview of the PV, will be released soon!

It doesn't really sound like our girls though... the song overall sounds so high pitched and autotoned, but I'm hoping that's because it's LQ.. I'll reserve my judgement on it until I hear the HQ version.

^ actually a full song was leak yesterday.. it was recorded in some sort of hand held device.

you can clearly tell by listening that the one who recorded it is inside the studio. or so i think.

^Isn't it a radio rip? People from Kara's Baidu bar are saying that the full song was aired on a radio o_o I don't know how to verify if it was a leak or a legit radio rip though. =/ But I wouldn't be surprised if it was a radio rip since some Japanese songs are released through radios a few weeks before the actual release date.