[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i love the teaser....i'd say from the set, lighting etc it is much better than the previous Lupin, and i think that teaser is for the dance version right? as for the military concept we could only waiting what UMJ had prepared...i feel so excited :thumbup1:

from Universal Music site

cr:UMJ

I think the teaser is for the real thing and the dance version will probably look very similar to the original except they'll take out the individual shots of the members and just put in dance scenes (at least that's what i've garnered from what i've seen of "dance versions" of other Japanese music videos that I watch :o).

And for those that didn't see the Mr. single version details on the previous page, here they are:

Version A:

ミスター

2010.08.11 RELEASE

【初回盤A】 スペシャルDVD付  UMCK-9371 ¥1,980(tax in)

CD

01. ミスター

02. アンブレラ

03. ミスター (カラオケ)

DVD

● ミスター (Music Clip)

● ミスター (Dance Shot Ver.)

● ミスター (Music Clip オフショット)

Version B:

ミスター

2010.08.11 RELEASE

【初回盤B】 豪華フォトブック付  UMCK-9372 ¥1,600(tax in)

CD

01. ミスター

02. アンブレラ

03. ミスター (カラオケ)

フォトブック

● 28P 写真集

Version C:

ミスター

2010.08.11 RELEASE

【初回盤C】 UMCK-9373 \1,200 円(tax in)

※初回盤C は、在庫なくなり次第、ボーナストラックが収録されない通常盤(UMCK-5286/\1,000【tax in】)に移行します

CD

01. ミスター

02. アンブレラ

03. ミスター (カラオケ)

04. ミスター (オリジナル韓国語ヴァージョン) ボーナストラック

Edited by leftys_rock

Yeah I think the preview is probably not the dance shot version. For example,

is a dance shot version of THIS. This is how Japanese dance shot versions usually work.

I don't know... does it seem a bit cheap that the Korean version of Mister is being included as a bonus track? Maybe Lupin would be a better choice o_o

BUT ANYWAYSS I hope this single will sell well! I'm hoping for lots of CMs and promotions and A TRAILER TRUCK WOULD BE NICE! Something like the truck shown here http://jouttex.otadesho.com/impact-exciter-promotion-report/

PS: @eyeless thanks a lot for the translation!

Oh yeah and on a side note, I really like their new profile pictures here http://www.universal-music.co.jp/kara/bio.html

Two news clips tweeted out by @_karaholic just now:

Omg the army concept looks amazing! There are only a few seconds of it but I'm loving the outfit.

omg after the teaser came out this thread is so lively hahahaha

sorry, but kara will release 3 versions of CDs right?

can someone tell me what's the diff between A, B, and C.

i know someone has posted about it, but i cant understand

can you please tell me more clearly hahahahha

oh yeah about the teaser= JJANG!

omg after the teaser came out this thread is so lively hahahaha

sorry, but kara will release 3 versions of CDs right?

can someone tell me what's the diff between A, B, and C.

i know someone has posted about it, but i cant understand

can you please tell me more clearly hahahahha

oh yeah about the teaser= JJANG!

Version A is the CD/DVD version which has Mister, Umbrella, and the Mister instrumental on the CD and the Mister PV, a dance version of the Mister PV, and a karaoke version of the PV.

Version B has the Mister CD which is the same as the CD on Version A and a 28 page photobook to go with it. (but no DVD)

Version C has Mister, Umbrella, Mister instrumental and a "bonus track" which is just the Korean Mister song.

Hope that helps. :D

I believe that's not the dance version, dance version usually doesn't do close ups
I think the teaser is for the real thing and the dance version will probably look very similar to the original except they'll take out the individual shots of the members and just put in dance scenes (at least that's what i've garnered from what i've seen of "dance versions" of other Japanese music videos that I watch :D).
Yeah I think the preview is probably not the dance shot version. For example,
is a dance shot version of THIS. This is how Japanese dance shot versions usually work.

oh..i see....thanks for the explanation...and the clips too...join all those and we got 1 min teaser lol finally the army outfit is revealed too, the girls look sharp...

about the tracklist, what happen to PG, Wanna or Honey Japanese version, are those will be released separatedly or how?

Edited by kara4life

@leftys_rock

i mean why they have to separate it into 3 versions

some kind of marketing strategy?

oh damn i cant ask it properly in english, nevermind

anyway, thanks for your answer :D

Yup. It's one of those strategies to sell more. But that's usually how they do it in Japan :confused1:

Artists often release different versions.

thanks eyeless for the translated listing & leftys_rock for explaining in our languages. hahah.

like inin said, let's hope lupin is not going to be the next single but part of it.

finally a glimpse of the military outfits! so total of 3 differents outfits? thanks!

lol @ stevenstanley, that would mean more sales!

As the rest have said, more versions = more sales! 8D There is usually at least 2 versions when a single is released in Japan anyways, but there are definitely singles with a lot more than that. :D And plus there are limited editions of all these versions I believe so even more sales. xD

It's totally fine, I didn't know about what those things meant until I started following J-pop like 3 years ago either! :D

A single in Japan is generally a CD with 2 or 3 original songs on it and the A-side to that is the promoting song. In Kara's case for their debut, it would be Mister. A music video would be made for that. The B-side to that single would be the other song(s) on that CD that aren't promoted on the TV shows. There usually isn't a pv for B-sides and sometimes those songs aren't included in the album containing that single. Usually those songs aren't as popular anyways except for in rare cases. B-sides could include remixes. In some cases, the single could be a double A-side (or triple A-side), which means that 2 songs on that single (or 3 for the triple) are promoted. For example, in Junsu's recent single, Intoxication, it was a triple A-side, and the 3 songs on that single (Intoxication, 悲しみのゆくえ, and 君がいれば ~Beautiful Love~) are all being promoted. And also in TVXQ's Stand By U single, Stand By U would be the A-side for that, while the songs Tea for Two, Sky, and the Stand by U: Luv Behind the Mld Mix would be the B-sides to that single.

And the many versions of a CD are usually to increase sales. :) Generally Japanese buyers really like collecting CDs, so they would buy more versions of the single and thus increase sales. Usually at the bare minimum, a single will have a CD only version and a CD+DVD version, which is more practical for people who want to buy it but don't have enough money for the DVD. And the multiple versions of a music video also contribute to that, like some versions of a single could have all versions of the music video while some would only have half and etc. This is why if Kara was to go to Japan, even if their releases don't sell incredibly well, they would probably make a whole lot more money than even great sales in Korea. :)

is it the explanation for 3 versions of kara that you mentioned earlier?

actually this is the asnwer of my question :D

i cant understand what you wrote last time so i just skipped to read those hahahaha sorry

but now looks like i can understand what you wrote, thanks :D

oh yeah, you didnt mention about the version C, how bout it?

A is in the charge of promoting CD,

B is the unpopular, + remixes, and

C?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa even a baby knows that more versions means more sales

sorry for my confusing words, but it is not what im questioning about :D

Edited by stevenstanley

Those were already released in a special CD in the Japan Premium Box~

thanks again for the info xichigo, suddenly i feel like an ignorant Kamilia for not knowing that :D

so for the sales either version the fans buy will count differently right?

About the Japanese activities, is it possible for them to release another single in just matter of 1-2 months? (i mean after Mister) or they have to wait like 6 month or more to do that?