[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^AWESOME NEWS! I'm so glad Mr. has a very consistent sale :D

On another hand, KARA's biggest competitor of the week (fort he #5 spot, that is), TOKIO, is down at #10 tonight. This bodes well for KARA. :D

imo I think it's quite weird how TOKIO's sale isn't better... they were on Music Station two days ago.. where is the MuSta effect? >_>

edit: ^OH WOW I love the new spoiler tag!

Consistent sales! Yay KARA <3

I do agree that a JE group not having epic high sales is weird ><

Anyway, competing with Perfume and SMAP is a very good sign, imo <3

Thanks for the news!

Yay! Kara in Japan!!! hahah! I support Kara all the way but all in all i understand Japanese more...

whoopee!!!

that and I'm sure they will be really successful in Japan! (or rather successful anywhere and everywhere!!!)

KARA FIGHTING!!!

looks like kara still stands a chance for the #5 spot,

going down rather drastically to #10 rly brings down their chances.

cant wait for the weekly rankings to be out!!!

i know our girls are just going to do gr8,

and we proud kamilias will be celebrating ^^

It surprise me how TOKIO got a bad sales with this single. Their last single sold 50k+

and I remember their single Sorafune got 400k+ . Japan is one tough market.

As for SMAP, it's their 2nd week, but still strong in top 10. They do really great with this single which has sold 300k+

KARA have a very good chance to be #5 at weekly chart, depends on the gap between theirs and TOKIO's

Hopefully keeping up with 2 more days of solid sales and Kara will have their first top 5 on Oricon weekly, which is an amazing result really.

yes solid sales is important but if kara wants to hit #5 on the weekly rankings, then we'll also have to take a look at TOKIO's performance. cos right now there's quite a fierce competition between the two for the #5 spot.

Wow the consistency is pretty great!

I'm still so flippin confused with some things about their schedule but whatever.. I'll try to ignore it.

So now that Kara's back in Korea, they're staying right? Like the BEST Of album and Second Single are gonna be released in Japan but are they going back there to promote and stuff?

This is prediction from this blog

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ustan777/archives/51734023.html

Not official from Oricon

#5 TOKIO 28,809

#6 KARA 26,360

The gap is still around 2k, and tomorrow weekly chart is updated. Big probability that KARA will stay at #6.

But look at how much Mister's sold

At this rate, total Mister sales could reach 30k+. Just wait 1 or 2 weeks.

For reference Big Bang's My Heaven (debut single)

1st week #3 -> 26,039

Total Reported Sales: 37,807

How about next single? I hope KARA will do better :D

Just some facts,

If any artist or group can break 50k barrier, they will become super popular. But 50k barrier is very tough to break.

Big Bang haven't break it yet.

DBSK needed 2 years (12 singles) to almost broke it at 49,495 then the next single broke 100k which started their success story.

BoA is kinda irrelevant because her debut was at 2001 before the CD Recession hits Japan.

for local girl group, Perfume struggled for 5 years (5 indie single and 5 major), AKB48 needs 2 years (9 singles).

How many singles do you think for KARA to break 50k barrier?

Edited by eyeless

I found these 3 articles (From Oricon, ARTICLE 2 & ARTICLE 3) and since I understand no single word, I google-translated it.

And from that messy :wacko: 'translation', I think I got the gist of the articles.

KARA being the 1st international girl groups since the last 29 years and 8 months to enter top 10 for debut!!!

SUGOI!! What an achievement!!! :o:lol:

----

And If I'm correct, they so far sold 29,000 copies already?

KARA DAEBAK!!! JJANG!!!

Edited by JiRaJjang01

^ i guess they are...just found it on Soompi..

[08.17.10] South Korean Girl Group ・ KARA - One of the first girl groups to debut at TOP10

Translation:

■ First-ever Asia girl-group with a TOP10 debut.

5 member South Korean girl group, KARA, debuted in Japan with their single 「ミスター」 [MISTER] and within the first week, 2.9 thousand copies were sold after its release and appeared at 5th place on the weekly single ranking chart. The last international girl group to debut in the TOP10 chart was on December 15, 1980 by the 5 member British girl group "The Nolans/The Nolan Sisters" with their song 「ダンシング・シスター」 [DANCING SISTER] that ranked 7th.

They [KARA] are one of the first Asia girl groups to debut at TOP10 in 37 years and 4 months, among others, including solo artist OuYang FeiFei and her song 「雨の御堂筋」 [Midosuji in the Rain] (in 1971) and Agnes Chan and her song 「ひなげしの花」 [Poppy Flower] (in 1972).

KARA, girl group of the K-POP SCENE, boasts great popularity. They debuted in March 2007 in Korea with their 1st album 『The First Bloooooming』. As of February 2008 KARA becomes a group with 5 members - the current members are Gyuri, Seungyeon, Nicole, Hara and Jiyoung. In February this year, they held their first live showcase in Japan. They debuted in Japan on August 11th and released their single 「ミスター」 [MISTER].

Following their Japan debut, they appeared in Tokyo, Shibuya fashion station 109 as a surprise event for their special stage where nearly 3,000 fans gathered. And on August 14th, in Tokyo, at the Shin-Kiba Studio, they held a mini-live event where they shook hands and met fans. The [KARA人気] "POPULAR KARA/KARA POPULARITY" is definitely rising.

Credits: Oricon Style (article) + heaven-sent @ soompi (translations)

TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS.

heaven-sent, 万 is ten thousand

2.9 万 is 29,000.

cr: tms @ soompi

note there's correction for the translation (the italic one)...to avoid any misunderstanding..

quite a shocking news for me...never imagine our girls would break some record...too much happiness right now :lol:

Edited by kara4life