14 Masaharu Fukuyama

15 Yuya Matsushita Yutaka

16 ALI PROJECT

17 Acid Black Cherry

18 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS

19 Perfume

20 SMAP

Kara is out of top 20, but might come back 1-2 days later

Oh.. BIG BANG :rolleyes:should I put #5 in spoiler tag or pretend it doesn't exist?

Another Johnny's Boys at #1, talk about domination :tongue:

AKB48 at #6 in debut day, they might end up #3 or #4 in their 2nd week. Probably got 600k?

haha yeaa the super straight hair, how famous is namie in japan?

She's a legend, been 15 yrs in this industry :thumbup:

http://wiki.jpopstop.com/wiki/Amuro_Namie

EDIT

Ahh .. xichigo got it first

OMGGG KUROSHITSUJI CHARACTER SONG!

The Black Butler??

Edited by eyeless

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ serenademe

I understand your feelings because I also don't like comparing artists

And especially KARA with SNSD since they are so good friends and I'm a fan of both

However, you should not be offended if we check how SNSD is doing in Japan right now

Because as eyeless said, we have done it since the beginning of this thread

We started to see how japanese girl groups are doing in Japan in general

If you go to the first pages, you will see that we have talked a lot about AKB48, Morning Musume etc.

Then we have also checked 4minute activities in Japan

And we have also compared KARA to Big Bang or DBSK

So it's natural that we start to talk about SNSD since they are debuting in Japan

It's maybe a comparaison but not a bad comparaison that we are doing

It's not like we don't have faith in KARA because no matter how, KARA will have our support

We just compare in order to have a general view of KARA situation in Japan

And that's one of the reasons this thread is so active !

#29 ? They drop a lot ! I'm quite sad

But it's natural since there were so many new release

Edited by Solin

Maybe it's just me but I just don't see whats wrong with comparing snsd and kara. they are on the same level in Japan right now and I just want to know whose more popular. Comparing won't hurt anyone as long as we stay mature. And people say that it won't affect Kara's success if snsd but why do I feel like it is? I'll be truthful, I want Kara to do better than snsd. I don't hate snsd but I'm a kamilia and of course i would want my group to do better. I'm just saying cuz I'm probably gonna hint some comparisons btwn snsd and kara in the future.

eyeless, snsd didn't have 7k fans only x3 they had 3 show cases and it added up to 22k fans. But it's weird. If it can hold 10k then shouldn't it be 30k fans? They had some room to fit in more people.

#29? oh well. it won't matter where they are ranked I'm mostly waiting for the 50k x3

Edited by nerdxissa

^

eyeless, snsd didn't have 7k fans only x3 they had 3 show cases and it added up to 22k fans. But it's weird. If it can hold 10k then shouldn't it be 30k fans? They had some room to fit in more people.

That's why I write 7k is for the 1st showcase :P, since they have 3 showcases 22k is logical. Even though the number 22k before press release is an estimated number of fans would attend based on DVD sales (AFAIK, the ticket in on the DVD), then it become official. They have a very success showcase based on the photo, and I like the new PV :thumbup1:

Oricon Yearly top 10 Single (2009/12/28 - 2010/08/30) Update

*1 *,695,187 ***,429 Troublemaker / Arashi 10/03/03

*2 *,690,813 ***,944 Monster / Arashi 10/05/19

*3 *,626,131 **4,113 Ponytail to Shushu / AKB48 10/05/26

*4 *,527,336 527,336 Heavy Rotation / AKB48 10/08/18

*5 *,503,166 **4,238 To be free / Arashi 10/07/07

*6 *,439,736 ***,*** Love yourself ~君が嫌いな君が好き~ / KAT-TUN 10/02/10

*7 *,384,947 ***,475 Sakura no Shiori / AKB48 10/02/17 

*8 *,331,540 *14,510 This is love / SMAP 10/08/04

*9 *,289,412 ***,*** BREAK OUT! / Tohoshinki 10/01/27

10 *,285,493 **2,448 また君に恋してる/アジアの海賊 / 坂本冬美 09/01/07 累計317,757

This shows dominating artist in J-Pop, too bad Tohosninki are disbanded

Johnny's Boy (Arashi, KAT_TUN, SMAP) and AKB48

Everybody said that AKB's Ponytail to shushu amazing sales was because of the election they had, but it still selling that high after 3 month and charting at top 30.

Arashi and AKB48 will release 2 more singles each, so this chart will definitely change

:thumbup:

Super surprise, KARA got #16 today!!!!!!!

----------------------

*1 60,180 関ジャニ∞

*2 28,705 桑田佳佑

*3 15,371 氷川きよし

*4 ゆず

*5 AKB48

*6 はんにゃ、フルーツポンチ

*7 BIGBANG -----------------------> bigbang

*8 supercell

*9 中岛美嘉

10 AK-69

11 Alice Nine

12 ℃-ute

13 福山雅治

14 松下优也

15 Acid Black Cherry

16 KARA --------------------------------------------->!!!!!!!!! KARA, #16 :thumbup:

17 セバスチャン・ミカエリス(小野大辅)

18 SMAP

19 Salyu

20 ALI PROJECT

------------------------------------------

We got #10 -> #29 -> #16 in last 3 days!!! :w00t:

Edited by pig3head

^You're a prophet!!!!

I'm so happy right now I'm just staring at the screencap. :D

And the fact that TWO Kuroshitsuji releases moved up in ranks makes me happy toooo. Although C-ute's new single isn't doing too well (it's almost like a trend now... AKB+rest of the idol world UP! and H!P down...) C-ute ganbatte >_>

EDIT:

So Kara sold 2613 in their third week as of today. So their total is almost 43k now! C'monn we can break 50k!

BIG BANG is doing quite well too. Their total is up to 20116 now.

I can't believe they are back in the top 20. I thought for sure that KARA was going to fall from the chart, from 29 to 16, that a big jump. I think KARA would probably be one of the idol who have the most successful jump on the oricon chart then any other group. Hopefully our KARA girls can sell over 50K, if they sent over 50K, image how much there other single and album is going to do. It going to be a huge success. If KARA sells is like 2K now just 7K more you beat the 50K, but even not then just sell 3K more for this week, and 5K for next week, and bang 50K in just 4 week. I glad big bang is doing well, and sell over 20K but we have to wait and see by the end of this week how much they make, I think maybe 30K this week. The different thing about KARA and big bang is that KARA sell more of their single in the second week then big bang. Big bang usually sell 7 or 8K the second week. KARA sells more the second week, plus in the third week big bang falls off the chart, KARA manage to stay in the top 20. Big bang usually stay in the top 30 in the third week. So KARA is really a successful story. If KARA sells over 50K the next single would be good I think. If KARA hit the 50K in 3-4 weeks, then they did something no idol group has done before, hit 50K on their debut single. I don't know if SNSD can beat that.

Hmm.. This was posted on april.. Seen the new Mister MV Japanese version. MV is good, but maybe I'm just too used to the korean version of the song.. Other than feeling a little odd at parts of the song, everything seems great!

I've also seen couple of scenes of Kara from Japanese TV shows. Things seems to be going along pretty well, I'm really glad. :)

I don't like this comparaison between KARA and SNSD because I don't think it's good to do that. All I want is to see KARA doing well in Japan and I don't care if SNSD will do better or badder because I actually also wish SNSD to do good in Japan since I'm a fan of both groups. The most important for us here is that KARA continues to do well and that their next single will also be a hit like this first one ! Since their debut is a success, UMJ has to keep the hype and rise KARA's popularity....if they can do it, so after few singles, I'm sure KARA could become one of the most famous girls groups in Japan.

If one day, KARA could be as popular as AKB48 is right now, I will be super happy ! But to reach that level, KARA has a long way to go. The day they would sale over 100K on the first day, will already be a dream coming true lol.

I second this opinion very much.

Well thought out, and much appreciated.