[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

I was away from my computer yesterday, so I didn't know that KARA got in the top 10 again until today. Wow the girls are definely amazed to get on the top 10 after three week. I don't think any korean idol group has ever done that, manage to get back on the top 10 after three week. KARA sure is amazed, so their sales should be around 45K, KARA would need about 5K more to break the 50K mark. Which I think they can do it next week. But then again the week is not over so KARA sales can still go up and if it go up this week, they were need a little more to get 50K. KARA is always a success story in japan, no matter what happen.

Even if SNSD had over 22,00 fans at their fanmeeting, it doesn't really matter, what matter is how they do on the chart. I mean think about it could SNSD beat arashi, that would probably be a slim chance. Japan love arashi, arahsi is like the dbsk of japan. So SNSD had 22,000 fans at the fanmeeting, just have to wait and see how they do on the chart. I mean personally I want them to be successful, just not be to successful like KARA. Cause if they happen KARA become second best again. My predication is that SNSD may do well on the chart like number 3-5 at the most and sell for the first week would be maybe around the same as KARA or around 26-28K, the second week they could be like KARA and manage to stay on the top 10 or they can drop from the top 10 but sales be good. But to me, I think with SNSD coming, KARA is going to be scond best again. SNSD is going to take japan and sell more record than KARA, and going to take the most successful korean girl group to debut in japan away from KARA.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep kara's sales are extremely consistent. and there's PROOF!! :w00t:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ustan777/archives/51738501.html

KARA IS ON TOP OF PERFUME!!!

ok this might not sound not that good but if u take into account that Perfume is one of japan's largest girl groups and that they sold about 80k+ in their 1st week... this is AH-MAZING!! :lol2:

but of course our ultimate goal remains at 50k. hopefully our girls just keep on surprising us!!!!

most of snsd's fans now in japan are kpop fans and i think they are old fans not new and we all know who is no.1 girlgroup in kpop but kara's fans in japan are new (most of them) and what happens on charts proves the point

i mean kara fanbase is growing so fast day by day

with alot of new fans

i don't know if kara win or snsd win

but i know that the two are so strong

actuly after snsd showcase news and how the mc react on it

i am afraid

sorry.... my bad english

Edited by aneaab

Saw their performance on youtube yesterday and they were great, really hope that they coould go on music station to perform soon and boost the sales to above 50k. As for SNSD, happy for them if they do well although i really dun want KARA to be overshadowed by SNSD but well as long as KARA is 1st in our fan's mind that's all that matters.

A bit OOT here

I just watched this video and would like to confirm that Japanese idol group don't interact with other groups :(

I really love how K-Pop idol groups interact with another group, but that's not gonna happen in Japan, sadly.

AKB48 and Hello Projects (Morning Musume and S/Mileage), this is as close as they can be at one stage. Check it if it interest you, it will be taken down in 1-2 days anyway

This video is from Nihon TV's 24 hour television charity show started yesterday (Shabekuri007 was part of it as well), AKB48 was semi hosting this event and Hello Projects are the guests. AKB's girls looks very tired and bored since they've been in the show for hours and probably haven't sleep yet, while H!P idols are fresh and full of energy.

If any of you aware of Studio Ghibli, they medley its anime OSTs

And this is Morning Musume's song Dekkai Uchuu ni Ai Aru

Some special short back-stage

Which idol group is cuter?

Edited by eyeless

lol imo Mister is the best Japanese remake out of all the remakes released by Korean groups. Mister and Honey are the only remakes I like. All the other songs (Muzik, I My Me Mine, Wanna, Pretty Girl, Genie, Adacadabra) sound pretty awkward.

5k more to go until the 50k mark~ (: It's only a matter of time before they hit it.

(im kindof confused third weeks sales is this week right?)

Yup this week. Until next Tuesday.

pretty girl was not that far off too. hope recorded lupin can be just as good as or even better received than mister. with the persistent sales, 50k looks inevitable now. it's just a matter of how soon. :)

Looking at the bright side here but it 5k more to go and it's only the third week right? so some people predicted to reach 50k at the 6 week. So 3 weeks for 5k? hmmm.. I'm still hoping for them to hit 50k in the 4th or 5th week x3 Kara's sles are pretty unpredictable right now since it's still a debut single right? We aren't that sure of how well known or how popular kara is in Japan. Just trying to think better and hope they hit 50k at the 4th or 5th week ^^

and as for the songs

What I think of the japanese versions:

Mister: Awesome!!!

Honey: Awesome!!!

Pretty Girl: Good

Wanna: ehhh (too many repeats of "calling out your mom" x3) ;P

Genie: I think the "Tell me your wish" sounds kindof odd but the song is alright.

Edited by nerdxissa

^

Mr. outsell all of BigBang's singles

does anyone have the sales number??

Not yet, but probably few hours from now

looking from the numbers from 1 to 4 could be they sold 1k today?

I'm pretty sure they sold around 1k today

If sales continue to be this good, Mr. will pass 50k next week (4th week) :thumbup1:

Though this may be too long for others plus the fact that I have no prediction skills whatsoever, I have a strange feeling that they might hit 50K during their 5th week.

5 seems to be a really lucky number for them. :D

And I thought that Mr. sounded really nice in Japanese. Really love the music vid as well.

Question:

Is it unusual for a group to be this consistent in sales? I don't really know anything about the Japanese market, but you all seem surprised that KARA is still on the chart for this long, so it must truly be a feat to do such a thing on their debut single.

Question:

Is it unusual for a group to be this consistent in sales? I don't really know anything about the Japanese market, but you all seem surprised that KARA is still on the chart for this long, so it must truly be a feat to do such a thing on their debut single.

It's a bit unusual for idol group sales, idol group sales typically high at first week then drop as much as 75% for each week. Kara sales are more consistent than the average.

Beside, before the debut, we all here are trying to keep our expectation as low and realistic as possible considering Japan market conditions. That's why we're really surprised by the number of Mr. sold until today.

Well Mister is a debut single x3 More and more people are just noticing or starting to become fans of Kara. So not everyone bought it in the first week since they probably didn't know about Kara that much.

This is all thanks to UMJ's great promoting x3 At first I was a teeny bit sad, wondering why they didn't sign w/ Avex since they were negotiating with them too but, UMJ's really putting effort into promoting Kara(and I thought they were gonna be cheap x3) still hoping they break 50k in the 4th/5th week ^^ The popular show that they're on shows tomorrow ^^

Yeah at first I was little universal music japan, ok who do they have as their artist. But now I glad that KARA sign to them, DSP did something right. Now we just have to depend on DSP for promote KARA need album. I totally can't believe that KARA is still in the top 10, that a big shock for me, I thought they would go down. I was just happy that they made in the top 10 again. But twice, that unbelievable to me. KARA sells are really consistent, I guess 50K is not so unbelivable now. I remember before KARA debut I was just hoping that KARA just does really well and sell like over 20K, but they have smash my expectation. So if KARA sold at leaast 1K so far their sell should be around 6K then. That would mean KARA would need about 3537 to smash the 50K mark. Which I feel like KARA can do it next week, and beat it with flying color. They may even sold more then 50K which would be totally amazed. Week is not over yet, they still have like 1-2 day left, plus don't forget the show that KARA is go to be on, the talk show. It would air august 30, which mean sales could go up. Then KARA could smash 50K maybe in 3 weeks. Plus I was check on DBSK singles when they seel over 50K, it took them 6 weeks to do that, if KARA can do it in 4 weeks it would be the short time a korean group sold over 50K. I still can't believe that KARA manage to rank higher in the chart, then big bang. Big bang just release their single this week, and yet KARA manage to outrank you. That is shock, and mister was release like three week ago. KARA sure is like made for japan, it seem like KARA does better in japan, then they do in Korea(their home county). To me their album may sell more than all the other idol group, they would need to sell over 62K to beat dbsk when they first debut in japan, and over 58K to beat big bang in their album.

i thought mister sound pretty good in japanese, honey sound good to. I didn't really like wanna in japanese. I want to heard lupin in japanese. I haven't heard genie in japanese, but everyone saying how off it sound, it would probably sound weird to me. Most song in korean I don't like it be translated to other language because it would sound weird, but not KARA songs, they sound good in any language. I guess mister is KARA nobody. KARA is the girl version of DBSK. DBSK how a lot of success in japan, I guess KARA is just like that

Edited by kimngocnguyen06