[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

I've recently quite a few of their appearances on Japanese variety programmes. They definitely have the personality to go far in the Japanese market. Hope they go far.

May I ask what Japanese idol personalities are like? Like in Korea they do a lot of stuff that doesn't really make sense to me xD like imitation of a comedian or animal sounds xD or like play on words. From what I've seen Japanese shows joke a lot and it's kindof like american joking..

wahhh, guessing snsd will have to fight for the fourth spot. But I'm thinking they will get the 4th spot. ..low key...hope they do alright... <_<

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ lol u forgot to close the spoiler tag :P

i think it'll be a fierce fight between SNSD and French Kiss for the 4th spot, but all the best to them anyways.

and woots kara's still in top 20!!!! this is utterly amazing, considering that there are so many new releases lately. kara fightinggggggggg!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

Mister has surpassed 60k in sales! Their total by the end of last week was 57,817, and they have sold 2402 copies this week so far, making the new total 60,219 copies. Congratulations to Kara!

If someone wants some comparison between how GENIE and Mister are doing... GENIE sold 10,900 copies on its first day. Mister sold around 9k. GENIE sold around 7k on its second day and Mister 4k. GENIE's total in two days is 18k while Mister's total in two days is 13k. GENIE's live perf is being aired tomorrow on a program I've never heard of.. I don't think it's a music show, which will probably help their sales a bit. I'm estimating 35k first week sale for GENIE if they don't drop too much for the rest of the week. (:

^Ahh don't take my word for the 35k. I'm terrible at making predictions. :P

Part of the beauty of Mister's sale is its consistency. I mean, not many singles are able to stay within the Top 20 other than the very established artists. True, SNSD might outsell Kara's first week sale, but if GENIE can have Mister's long run remains to be seen.

^ i dont know, but i always thought that SNSD would surpass Mr in 1st week sales, but Mr would eventually sell more, cos SNSD would most likely drop like any other J-Pop artist. well, it will also depend on how many casual fans SNSD will gain these few weeks.

Wow! Congratulations for 60k! I really hope KARA remains consistent in their sales. If that's the case, they might even reach 100k!! ^^

It's great that Japanese media is reporting about Ham's back injury. Perhaps it's a sign that Japan has regarded KARA as one of them, part of their entertainment industry and not merely an outsider group that came to Japan to visit for a while. Do I make sense? haha

Hope Ham gets well soon ^^

60k is a lot! Japan must have high expectations for them! KARA must work harder to meet their expectations in the next Japan single ^^

^

Haha.. 100k is too much. The sales already down to hundreads.

@vavavoom @stevenstanley

I'm not accurate actually :P but I agree with xichigo with 35k for 1st week. But not sure will SNSD have as constant sales as Kara in the long run.

The thing is, their debut is not as smooth as Kara. No music show appearance like Kara, and I always think their management and some of their fans are just too arogant and over confidence.

SNSD already got haters from 2ch, which the biggest web community in Japan.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/09/japanese-netizen-group-attacks-photoshop-generation

I don't agree when they said already #1 in various music chart while it's only for 1 day. And the 80k thing is a bull**** , just a rumour without proof. I never heard a 80k pre order with 10k 1st day sales as long as my J-Pop fandom life.

Edited by eyeless

#16 today, well done!! :thumbup:

*1 59,256 岚

*2 *7,825 GLAY

*3 *6,355 放课后ティータイム

*4 少女时代 )SNSD)

*5 フレンチ・キス

*6 AKB48

*7 奥田民生

*8 WaT

*9 10-FEET

10 工藤真由

11 秦基博

12 大冢爱

13 関ジャニ∞

14 桑田佳佑

15 V6

16 KARA ------------------------> :thumbup:

17 福山雅治

18 氷川きよし

19 长保有纪

20 はんにゃ,フルーツポンチ

Nice!! SWEET 60K \(^_^)/

yeah i take it a good sign the Japanese media covers SY's injury, i think it shows how much they monitor Kara activities even outside Japan

About Genie i would agree with eyeless & xichigo, i think it would surpass Mr. on first week sales, as for its consistency....well we'll wait and see

Yeah i kinda relieved Kara didn't get that kind of controversies when they debuted just like what happen to S word now

Nice!! SWEET 60K \(^_^)/

Yeah i kinda relieved Kara didn't get that kind of controversies when they debuted just like what happen to S word now

same here, I was relieved as well. But actually the exact opposite happened to Kara. a japanese fan made a video of them how they're all natural beauty and although they said they heard Hara hard some sort of plastic surgery(although I wouldn't act call it plastic surgery)they still appreciate her by saying she's naturally cute. I am happy enough because Japanese people are welcoming Kara to the Jpop industry, I am so proud I am a Jpop fan as well(esp V6 & Arashi)hopefully these two groups will show interest towards Kara. How happy I will be if that happens :rolleyes::eyelove::lol2:

and also, yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa! Kara reach 60K :eyelove::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by red4summer
merged posts. try using the edit option next time.

congratulation in reaching >60k & the signs of selling hundreds in the 5th weeks are encouraging too.

as for the comparsion, don't get too pump up. i'm just glad it's a fairer ground now.

btw the allkpop article has been removed? hmm..

Cong to our KARA for reach the big milestone, 60K in 5 weeks, and the week is not over yet.KARA still manage to stay in the top 20 in the fifth week, I don't know any other korean idol group who has stay in the top 20 for about 5 weeks. KARA is amazed, hopefully there next album/single sells well. But knowing KARA it would sells well. Imaging if Arashi and kat- tun like KARA it would bring KARA big publicity, that one of the biggest j-pop idol like KARA. Like the last time when one of the japanese idol start doing the butt dance, it was big publicity for KARA. If arashi and the boy bands says they like KARA, it would big for KARA. 60K finally happen, maybe 65K is not impossible. I mean they sold over 60K, they are like 5 sells short of 61K, and beside the week is not over yet you have like 3 days left, sells can still raise.

Maybe it not impossible for KARA next singles to sell over 30-40K for the first weeks, more japanese people probably know KARA now, so sells could raise. We just have to wait and see.And if people are classification KARA as a japanese band, sell over 30-40K would make them like a japanese band. But if they sells over 50K first week, it would be like they are really popular.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

I am so happy Kara is being well accepted by the Japanese people and the idol stars and singers of Japan as well. I think SNSD will do better the first week but I feel like consistency wise Kara will do better. Also, Kara will be coming out a second single soon and I already have a feeling it will be hit especially with UMJ's great promotions and I know they are willing to support Kara all the way. Congrats to Kara for passing 60k!!! :)

I demand a video of akb48 trying to do the "hip" dance. LOL

Its awesome to see such a famous group like AKB48 supporting Kara (: but news like this hardly make headlines on a certain international kpop news site unlike when other japanese artists show support for a certain other korean girl group LOL

^

^

Thanks for your translation, eyeless! I'd LOVE to see AKB girls doing the hip dance. It'll be awesome if all of Team A, K, and B could do it at the same time. It'll be such an eye candy <3

Mister sold 673 yesterday, making this week's sale 3,075 copies and the total sale 60,892 copies. Judging by how the sale is dropping, I don't think 70k is possible now. ): I believe Mister can still hit 65k, though, over the course of the next few weeks.

A chart I made:

mistersales.png

All the figures are taken from The Natsu Style blog.

^

^

Thanks xichigo, now I don't have to go back and forth to natsu's blog to check the sales :thumbup1:

Its awesome to see such a famous group like AKB48 supporting Kara (: but news like this hardly make headlines on a certain international kpop news site unlike when other japanese artists show support for a certain other korean girl group LOL

It took an ex-member talk about 9 to make a headline, and the title would be "AKB48 wanna dance like 9!". While top member like Maeda talk about KARA and we get nothing :sweatdrop:

Edited by eyeless

#15 today, one more surprise! :thumbup:

==========================================

*1 37,057 岚

*2 *6,992 少女时代 -----------> SNSD, very strong!!!

*3 *5,439 GLAY

*4 放课后ティータイム

*5 フレンチ・キス

*6 AKB48

*7 10-FEET

*8 関ジャニ∞

*9 工藤真由

10 WaT

11 桑田佳佑

12 V6

13 秦基博

14 大冢爱