[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

saw their performance at wonkwang university in rain (sort of), do you think if pv is made with wet effect, will it be fiercer? maybe it's kind of new to me, but i love their performance throughout. i seldom see this kind of setup before. it's a beautiful scene with all the rain vapour on their face & hair, & in the background. the wet feel usually brings up sexiness & wildness, so will it suit to the concept of mister?

as for the story line, can we get some popular guys to involve? maybe not boy idol but who's the hottest japanese actor(s) at the moment? heheh, probably it helps? hopefully with these balanced mixtures, fans from both sexes will be interested & drawn towards kara music.

and yep, the suspenders are the must. it's one of the drawing factors. but i'm worried if the japanese version will or can be better than the original?

@eyeless

that's an impressive chart you have prepared. agree with you, hope umj will not be aiming for those cheap setup. so big no to dance with close up setup in kara-unacceptable outfits. :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this was 4minute's mv/pv for muzik. [4minutes is under umj too ^-^]

I have a feeling that the mv won't have a storyline...... and be flashy lights like this one..... i mean the lights aren't cheap... i dunno. xD what do you think?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

big bang's was pretty good... kindof...

i dont think umj will pay that much for kara yet xD that's why im hoping they raise their popularity ^-^ [c'mon gekidan hitori! you can do it! xDD :)" asking for too much]

i was wondering why kara is releasing it august instead of a little earlier[are they busy with endorsements?]? I mean they aren't doing that much in korea right noww...

why in august & not earlier? maybe since kara's we're with you is korea world cup cheer song & if korea is doing better than japan in world cup, then maybe having kara promoting mister single debut in july may not be a good strategy. & from korean's point of view, seeing kara promoting in japan rather than cheering the national team may be not advisable too. hahah, i got no idea. basically wild guessing from soccer view.

wah, only expensive flashy lights? actually it's not about what we want or wish most, but what most japanese prefer inorder to achieve the astonishing sale numbers.

I'm not sure how Mister PV would like to draw much attention from Japanese.

Because, Mister's biggest appeal is from the dance, a story line PV means not enough dance shown.

A flashy dance PV might be good, with rain and wet stuff, the PV would be very hot as red4summer said.

For the first PV, usually it must focus at the members, so people can recognize them.

At first I really wanna see a story line PV, but then I think again, would it be wise?

Re PV of Mister

I think a story line would be good :D and i also think that showing / emphasizing the butt dance won't do good? well i don't know.. because Jpop really don't care much about the dance step unlike in kpop? or maybe butt dance will be different? hehe... i think jpop is more on hand gestures, where fans could go together while they're performing...

hmm, from watching jpop perfs , audience don't usually shout out chants or whatever, they do hand gestures (they copy the artist's hand steps)

so i think if Kara could make a change in Japan... hehe...

Re PV of Muzik

even other 4minute MVs is like that.. the quality is not so so :| (hides from 4minute fans)

i really like mister choreography. if you dig deep you can see besides leg & hip movements, there are lots of higher body & arm movements too. hence no lacking of body & hand gestures if the crowds want to cheer along. sorry if i seem bit long-winded but i never get tired re-playing mister past performance. from my collection, it was the most performed so far among all their songs. (for those who are being here since debut, please correct me if i'm wrong.) the outfits are not the sexiest type but they are appealing. i seriously find jing's idea of the suspenders paid off handsomely. loose pants mixed with short upper wears & gloves, they do look excellent in those sport shoes. i feel comfortable when the girls are in causal colored wears. mister pv with wet feel cum energetic power dance should do it. if storyline is included, it can only get better & further.

please shoot me, i don't believe if mister lalalalala is played on stage, the crowds can stay motionless on their seats throughout. :rolleyes:

hmm, from watching jpop perfs , audience don't usually shout out chants or whatever, they do hand gestures (they copy the artist's hand steps)

They call it Para Para and it's in Japanese culture for so long, and that's why usually JPop dance is simpler than KPop, more upper body movement than lower.

But I don't believe if Japanese won't like Mister's butt dance, it's just that explosive IMO.

the outfits are not the sexiest type but they are appealing. i seriously find jing's idea of the suspenders paid off handsomely. loose pants mixed with short upper wears & gloves, they do look excellent in those sport shoes. i feel comfortable when the girls are in causal colored wears. mister pv with wet feel cum energetic power dance should do it. if storyline is included, it can only get better & further.

Mister's outfit is great, I love the red loose pants + a bit shorter white upper wear + suspender the most, 090926 Music Core performance They look very sexy doing butt dance there more than other performances.

It would be great if they re-choreograph Mister performance a bit and put more hand gesture in it,

At the reff section, it already has a very jpopish hand gesture.

even other 4minute MVs is like that.. the quality is not so so :| (hides from 4minute fans)

Absolutely agree with you :sweatdrop:

Edited by eyeless

thanks for all the infos there guys, its really widening my knowledgement about Japan market

...IMHO KARA should use that construction outfit too for their Mister PV in Japan, coz i think that construction outfit had its own effect adding the butt dance, i prefer the PV to had some storyline in there but not so complicated one, and i think their dances still must be the highlight of that PV

i have a question though , if in Korea we know that most Company/Management really had full control on their artists in terms of image, songs, private life etc, and thankfully DSP didn't really 100% dictate KARA (like the fact that Gyuri herself made the group name or Jing's idea to use the construction outfit for Mister...), how about Japan's companies? Are the artists there could use their own "creativity" or just strictly obey the Company's order? thanks in advance

please shoot me, i don't believe if mister lalalalala is played on stage, the crowds can stay motionless on their seats throughout. :happybday:

TRUE... this song was stuck to my friend's(who's not into kpop so much) mind...( because i play it all the time ).. and i told her and showed her the butt dance.. and she really danced with them :thumbup::eyelove:

They call it Para Para and it's in Japanese culture for so long, and that's why usually JPop dance is simpler than KPop, more upper body movement than lower.

But I don't believe if Japanese won't like Mister's butt dance, it's just that explosive IMO.

yup,, that's why i said, I think Kara could make a difference in Japan.. haha..

so that's called Para Para, eh ... thanks!

Yaaaaah so happy.

So, it's a full album, not a mini?

hmm i think it's more of a single release first :)

kara4life

hello.. hmm from what i know, the idols themselves could make their own choreography of their song... they could also compose songs like other kpop artists.. they could also choose what kind of outfit they want... the members discuss among themselves too what they want :)

Edited by joiijoee

hmm from what i know, the idols themselves could make their own choreography of their song... they could also compose songs like other kpop artists.. they could also choose what kind of outfit they want... the members discuss among themselves too what they want :)

I'm not to sure about this one, probably boys idol group under Johnny can have their freedom to make decision about song, choreography and the outfit.

But for girls idol group like Morning Musume or AKB48, their management is bigger than their life :)

The management can even suspend and fire any member without question for any rules violation. I don't think any member has a right in making decision about anything, they just follow what management has decide.

But, UMJ is not an idol specialized, so this may differ.

I known that AKB48 has more fangirl than any Hello Projects! idol, but what Kara has been in Japan is incredible, they're not even debuting yet.

This video, I dunno if has ever been posted in this forum, looks like school event in Japan, and Kara seems popular there to this girls. It's just awesome.

Well more promoting ^-^

[from KH's twitter ^-^]

"Kara Bakery will be airing on Mnet Japan next month! 3rd of June!"

no really sure how big mnet japan is but hey, kara's still on japanese tv right? ^-^

yay! hope japan gets to know more about kara :)

Edited by nerdxissa

they do hand gestures.. JPop dance is simpler than KPop, more upper body movement than lower..

hence kara mister to introduce full body sync dance into the country & change the culture. so from para para to kara kara. :tongue:

0926 mucore red/white outfits

of course that one too but in fact all mister outfits rock. i pay attention to the little touches in the concept wear too. like the little knot behind & those dangling accessories around their necks & wrists, find it beautifully enhances the dance movements.

re-choreograph mister? don't think they will change it just to appeal new japanese fans. but a suggestion, probably they can throw away the hand-mic & use head-mic instead. this will definitely free up their left hand thus allowing more upper & hand movements. hence more para para kara kara. :)

Are the artists there could use their own "creativity" or just strictly obey the Company's order?

don't think so unless the artists are megastars. i would say it works both ways, umj willing to listen & take in suggestions from the lovely girls, & the girls offering their truthful thoughts which i never doubt them.

looking at the school video, their fangirls were really quiet clapping all the way. hmm.. was it because that wasn't the real kara? they seriously need some stretchings come august. :tongue:

Kara Bakery will be airing on Mnet Japan next month! 3rd of June!

start of the promotion series, start of good things to come i believe. wah, my feeling suddenly went better & confidence rose higher. even they don't make it big as wished, i still love my girls. they are the only one in mine.

hence kara mister to introduce full body sync dance into the country & change the culture. so from para para to kara kara. smile.gif

:lol2:

I like your kara kara things .. seems like a true revolution ...

head mic is harder to use than hand mic, but for the sake of kara kara, they should practice from now :tongue:

"Kara Bakery will be airing on Mnet Japan next month! 3rd of June!"

Wow, that's a great news. They already start promoting, too bad not much Nicole there :sweatdrop:

I am so jealous of Japan since they will get to see the most beautiful and cutest girls of all the girls in the world.

Hope that KARA will come to my country too

Don't we all ? :thumbup:

Next week at 5/26 gonna be an interesting day (at least for me) in Oricon Chart

Xiah JUNSU (ex Tohoshinki) will release his first single XIAH, and going head to head with AKB48's Ponytail to Shushu, who's gonna sell more? or let me say who's gonna buy more, fangirls or fanboys?

BTW Arashi's Monster already sold 423.128 copies as for today and still going strong at 59.854 day sales, and I think it's gonna be 600k+ for the weekly chart

hm..... i think xiah will sell more?

i dunno xD lol, korean fans buy too and their japanese fans so xiah maybe xD

Awww... I forgot Nicole didn't appear much on Kara bakery :D wahhhh... >_< Oh well, at least kara as a whole will get more attention ^-^ I'm sure Jiyoung's cute voice, Gyuri's goddess-ness, Hara's big innocent eyes and seungyeon's baby facial features will lure fans in xD

Invincible Youth is airing in Japan too, so that's another promotion.

Wow, what's with this korean show invading Japan .. I mean it's good

But not only Kara got promoted by this show, 4minute, SNSD and more as well. Which is not quite good -_-

Next week Music Station 5/28 line up

Monster / Arashi

Ponytail to Shushu / AKB48

5-FIVE-/ Meisa Kuroki

Intoxication / XIAH junsu

Trust In You / JUJU

Can't wait for this show

I'm not to sure about this one, probably boys idol group under Johnny can have their freedom to make decision about song, choreography and the outfit.

But for girls idol group like Morning Musume or AKB48, their management is bigger than their life :)

The management can even suspend and fire any member without question for any rules violation. I don't think any member has a right in making decision about anything, they just follow what management has decide.

But, UMJ is not an idol specialized, so this may differ.

ohh thanks for info (i only fangirl JE , so maybe that's why :) ).. but i would like if Kara could have more freedom , just lke what kara4life said...

woww..... this thread does discuss somthing interesting @_@

i'd like to read about this more~

coz honestly i haven't read the entire comments, so that i can follow you guys

wkwkwk... before i can join and leave my further comments....

granting permission to be silent reader first :)