[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

So hopefully when kara does go to Japan, they manage to sell more albums then they ever did in Korea, maybe even beating SNSD. :blush:

Oh btw eyeless usually, how much albums do akb48 usually sell? was just wondering. ^_^

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^AKB48's latest single sold 587,481 copies as of this week (4th week since release). This is their highest-selling single to date but their past singles have sold very very well too.

Mhmm I think I actually like Oricon's system of only counting physical sales better than Korean music charts where they count online votes, etcetc. It's a personal preference but I always feel sale numbers are more "official." :P

Can't wait until Wednesday to see how many copies Sweet Muse sold~ (:

I also prefer Oricon over any korean charts because it seems more fair and official.

Korean system also counts digital download and public votes and that explains why we almost always see the same winners lol.

It is all based on how big you fanclub is since fans download and vote for their artists even if the song isn't that great.

Actually, it goes the same for album sales but it's cheaper to download several time a song than to buy several copies of the same album

The fact that the competition will be hard in august effraid me but in the same time it will also be a good point for KARA

Because if their sales do well, so people couldn't say that their success is only due to the fact that there weren't any competition.

On the contrary, they would be seen as a possible competitor in the future !

@eyeless

lol so you ain't aware of snsd fanbase? in fact they debuted months after kara too, so only hell knows what went wrong? and hence explained the earlier concerns from some of us after hearing snsd was entering japan in september under umj.

@solin

yep, i'm also preferring kara to debut in a strong week. that'll be probably silent most doubters & gain more believers.

---

anyway since now the battle ground is level & it's the japaneses who decide, i'm really want to know the truth outside korea. or in actual fact rather than vs snsd, it's more between dsp & sme. :D

SNSD did debut after Kara but yeah, their fanbase is huggee so its very obvious they would sell wayy more than kara. Like what red4summer said, thats why some of us were concerned after SNSD announce their plans to debut in Japan as well.

if its dspe vs.sme i would put my money on sme. say what you will about sme's business practices and their treatment of their artists, they know the art of promotion; they know which hands to shake in the kpop entertainment industry... but thats korea and this is japan. i wonder, who has the most leverage and power with umj? again i would say sme... though it's in umj's best interest to promote both of them well, im sure sme will be able to put more pressure on them than dspe.

but we're falling in to korean media's thrist for competition trap. really it should be kara vs. japan's other current artists/groups.

In Korea, SM's influence is obviously supreme and had SNSD been under Avex, I would have thought that they would have the advantage as well in Japan because Avex is really incredible at getting their artists out there and etc. But now they're under the same company so I don't think SNSD's advantages in Korea will carry over in Japan. I mean there will be some influences, but they're both starting from scratch essentially. I don't know the details of either group's Japanese contract, but generally the Japanese label should be in control of nearly all the artist's activities in Japan so SM's influence should be reduced by a lot there.

I know once everything starts rolling, the Korean media is going to make a storm of competition between the two and etc, but I don't think it matters as long as Kara is able to maintain a consistent career in Japan and sell better in Japan than they did in Korea. I mean for example, Arashi outsells KAT-TUN most of the time, and they're in the same company, but no one really says KAT-TUN has "lost" to Arashi or anything right? :P They're both very successful. ;)

Does anyone else think that maybe if the korean media is gna put SNSD vs KARA when they go to japan,problems may arise between sones and kamilia? but then again,kamilia isnt known to be a rowdy fanclub so yeah... haha just putting this out there.

Anyway, i thought people were saying Avex promotions weren't good? ;)

But anyway, the difference between the whole KAT-TUN/Arashi comparison and KARA/SNSD is that, kat-tun and arashi are under the same company and technically,eventhough kara and snsd will both be under UMJ, they are still under different companies and both received different levels of fame in Korea.

But yeah, i dont really care about who will do better, kara or snsd, i just care whether kara is gonna do well in Japan in general. Oh does anyone know how long Kara is gonna be in japan? i heard snsd is only gonna be promoting until the end of the year. :P

Does anyone else think that maybe if the korean media is gna put SNSD vs KARA when they go to japan,problems may arise between sones and kamilia? but then again,kamilia isnt known to be a rowdy fanclub so yeah... haha just putting this out there.

Anyway, i thought people were saying Avex promotions weren't good? :)

But anyway, the difference between the whole KAT-TUN/Arashi comparison and KARA/SNSD is that, kat-tun and arashi are under the same company and technically,eventhough kara and snsd will both be under UMJ, they are still under different companies and both received different levels of fame in Korea.

But yeah, i dont really care about who will do better, kara or snsd, i just care whether kara is gonna do well in Japan in general. Oh does anyone know how long Kara is gonna be in japan? i heard snsd is only gonna be promoting until the end of the year. :)

Unless there's an article saying that one of them disrespected the other, I don't think there should be a problem between the two especially since the Kara fanclub is so chillax usually. :P

Hmm, I guess it depends on who you are in Avex, but they aren't such a huge label in Japan for no reason; they definitely have great connections to promote their artists, whether it be anime tie-ins, commercial advertisements, and of course their annual a-nation concerts.

But yea, it shouldn't matter, as long as they are making more money there than in Korea, it should be a success. ;)

I think people have said that Kara might be returning to Korea for another mini album at the end of the year :mellow: I'm not sure about that though, but I do hope they plan on staying in Japan for a lengthier period of time.

I got from Mae's blog a while a go that there is a probability that Mister single will be out at 8/4, in which I think a perfect timing :D

No idol group's releasing at that date, one month to go ..

@xichigo

I'm also curious on how much sweet muse would sold :sweatdrop:

kinda quiet these days, so let me..

it was said snsd & 4minute members were pulled out from their various variety show appearances due to their upcoming japan promotion. i believe to some degrees they are going into other parts of asia too, however i don't remember any for kara. furthemore not sure if it'll be a lengthy promotion in japan for kara, but looks like dsp or sigma is handling quite differently from the rest. a worrying or blessing sign?

me more on blessing because maybe it's still early days & better to have kara appearing in tv shows than total absence. probably during heavy promotion, they will temporarily stay away from korea for weeks/months. this way, working & appealing to new japanese fans while keeping koreans waiting for their expected return.

I think its sort of good cause if Kara were to go full time promotion in Japan,there will be a long absence in korea and some fans might y'know, stray away from Kamilia? i know fans will stay but,look at the wondergirls,when they went full time in the US, they themselves said they witnessed the amount of korean fans they had drop.

However its worrying for the girls well-being. They're gna be promoting in Japan and still be on variety shows in Korea,its gna be tough for them.Hopefully they will do really well in Japan!

Oricon Weekly Chart

Artist: Inaba Koshi

Single: Okay

Publisher: VERMILLION RECORDS

Released: 2010.06.23

Sales: 100,385

# Artist Single Sales

2 flumpool reboot ~Akiramenai Uta~ / Nagareboshi 35,435

3 w-inds. Addicted to love 30,489

4 Spitz Tsugumi 24,433

5 Nightmare a:FANTASIA 16,568

6 Fudanjuku Muteki! Natsu Yasumi 12,031

7 DEATH DEVIL (Sanada Asami) Love 11,522

8 Kimura Kaela Ring a Ding Dong 10,490

9 Hirano Aya Hysteric Barbie 8,621

10 Sound Horizon Ido e Itaru Mori e Itaru Ido 8,302

This week #1 is held by Inaba Koshi, he's the vocalist of Japan legendary band B'z. No wonder the song is popular.

I don't know if W-inds is considered as boys idol group or not, but they've been around since they were kids. I always thought they were Johnny's ^_^

Aya Hirano is a famous multi talented anime voice actor, I'm quite of her fans mostly because of she did the voice of Anezaki Mamori (Eyeshield 21), Amane Misa (Death Note) and Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tales), and very pretty as well :lol:

26 CNBLUE The Way 3,353

A band from Korea? I think they're famous in Korea but goin Indie in Japan.

Oricon Weekly Chart

This week #1 is held by Inaba Koshi, he's the vocalist of Japan legendary band B'z. No wonder the song is popular.

I don't know if W-inds is considered as boys idol group or not, but they've been around since they were kids. I always thought they were Johnny's ^_^

Aya Hirano is a famous multi talented anime voice actor, I'm quite of her fans mostly because of she did the voice of Anezaki Mamori (Eyeshield 21), Amane Misa (Death Note) and Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tales), and very pretty as well :wub:

A band from Korea? I think they're famous in Korea but goin Indie in Japan.

I don't follow/really listen to the music of anyone in the top 10 this week :D Guess I need to broaden my Jpop horizons :P

w-inds has been around for a while (since 2000 I think); I'm always amazed at how long Japanese groups can stay together (like Arashi and SMAP and etc) especially compared to Korean groups which last like 5 years. :D

I love CNBlue, and their new single is listenable musically, but the songs seem to be in mostly English and the words don't make sense. :thumbup: I'll stick with listening to their Korean releases and their a.ri.ga.tou song. :lol: And CNBlue is pretty famous in Korea, they've racked up a few awards for their recent song and their earlier song this year. :)

@kara4life

thanks for sharing the link. was looking for kara keyword & finally got it in the last paragraph. looks like this is the latest updates though not released by umj/dsp. uhmm, shorter stay than we would have hope or expect. let's wait for further confirmation down the road..

I think I remember Gyuri saying they are having the debut either late July or early August... So i'm guessing they just wanna meet with the fans and do some interviews for shows? Cuz I still want Kara to have a comeback by the end of the year xD

lengthy or short stay, i just hope they take the opportunity & really make an impact in their japan debut. personally i prefer 1-2 months but looks like they are flying between korea & japan. am afraid any bad impression left on the japanese will have a negative response in the current & next single. i certainty don't wish the japanese to see kara coming mainly to make money. let's hope for a clearer picture in coming week(s). :D

lengthy or short stay, i just hope they take the opportunity & really make an impact in their japan debut. personally i prefer 1-2 months but looks like they are flying between korea & japan. am afraid any bad impression left on the japanese will have a negative response in the current & next single. i certainty don't wish the japanese to see kara coming mainly to make money. let's hope for a clearer picture in coming week(s). :)

Well generally everyone's goal is to make money ^_^:P But yes I understand what you mean; I definitely hope that Kara doesn't just show up in Japan when they're about to drop a single and then disappear until their next release. Even if it does mean a lot of flying back and forth, I think it will definitely be worth it for them if they really invest some time in this venture into the Japanese market.

yeah...but come to think about it, DSP really facing some problem now, with SS501 still hanging (there's news that KHJ new agency offer them new home too) and Rainbow still not shine too well, i think Kara become the only big money maker now for them. so I think DSP probably gonna make use of Japan market as much as they can while also still keeping Korean market in touch with activities on September ( hopefully would be a new full album).

I'm guessing for this Japan activities probably they gonna use fllying back and forth thing coz Gyuri still DJing, Hara. still on IY, Nicole got casted in new variety started July

.....i agree with you guys, i really hope Kara doesn't just show up and dissapear coz the impact would be negative from Japanese perspective, since Kara already got some quite loyal and solid fanbase n Japan now it would be a waste to "ignore" them.

with exception of seungyeon, basically all members are busy with their individual tv/radio shows during their japan promotion. it's appearing now more likely to be back and forth between japan & korea. now a wild suggestion for kawaii hamtaro who is most fluent in japanese, how about a plan for her to promote in japan tv show instead? will this work too?

^Making some tv/radio appearances would be great for Seungyeon to do, but even if she doesn't have anything, I think just staying in Japan and watching Japanese tv and talking to Japanese people will definitely improve her fluency even more so even if she doesn't have activities, it would be still good imo. :o