[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

is it the explanation for 3 versions of kara that you mentioned earlier?

actually this is the asnwer of my question :)

i cant understand what you wrote last time so i just skipped to read those hahahaha sorry

but now looks like i can understand what you wrote, thanks :D

oh yeah, you didnt mention about the version C, how bout it?

A is in the charge of promoting CD,

B is the unpopular, + remixes, and

C?

Uhm, that's not actually it, Version A, B, etc. of a single is different from the A-side, B-side thing. (I should have said version 1, 2, etc. instead of version A, B, etc. instead, sorry! :D )

In this single, the A-side would be Mister, the B-side would be Umbrella.

The different versions are different packages you can buy depending on what you want from the single. If you want the mvs, you should buy the CD/DVD version of the single (the first one I described). If you want the photobook, you should buy the 2nd version of the single. If you're low on money but you still want to buy the single to support (:)), you should buy the 3rd version of the single.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@stevenstanley Er let me clarify for you haha.

leftys_rock was referring to A-sides and B-sides, not different versions of the single. On a single, there is an A-side and a a B-side (there is also something else called the double A-side but you don't need to know about that for now). A-sides and B-sides are referring to songs contained within a single. Usually, there are different VERSIONS of the single released, such as Version A, Version B, Version C, etc. These versions all contain the A-side and the B-side and a little something else to differentiate the different versions. In this case, Mister Version A comes with a DVD, Version B comes with a photobook, and Version C comes with the original Korean version.

Edit: lol leftys_rock beat me to it~

thanks again for the info xichigo, suddenly i feel like an ignorant Kamilia for not knowing that :)

so for the sales either version the fans buy will count differently right?

About the Japanese activities, is it possible for them to release another single in just matter of 1-2 months? (i mean after Mister) or they have to wait like 6 month or more to do that?

It's pretty normal for another single to come out in a couple months afterwards, so I think we can expect another single from Kara before the end of the year as long as they aren't too busy. :)

Edit: Sorry xchigo~! :D

Edited by leftys_rock

Uhm, that's not actually it, Version A, B, etc. of a single is different from the A-side, B-side thing. (I should have said version 1, 2, etc. instead of version A, B, etc. instead, sorry! :sweatdrop: )

In this single, the A-side would be Mister, the B-side would be Umbrella.

The different versions are different packages you can buy depending on what you want from the single. If you want the mvs, you should buy the CD/DVD version of the single (the first one I described). If you want the photobook, you should buy the 2nd version of the single. If you're low on money but you still want to buy the single to support (:lol:), you should buy the 3rd version of the single.

i seeeeeee

now im understand about the 3 versions

and how about the A-side B-side

can you explain it to me? hahahah sorry everyone for my lacking :thumbup:

It's pretty normal for another single to come out in a couple months afterwards, so I think we can expect another single from Kara before the end of the year as long as they aren't too busy. :sweatdrop:

oh....i see....thanks for your info leftys_rock :lol: i hope they would release another song from Lupin coz its just too good to be wasted

@kara4life

no, all 3 will point to the same sales. let's see how many those 3 can fetch.

yeah thats what i meant :thumbup: (sorry for my bad english) if fan A buy 1 version A and fan B buy version B, for the sales figures will be counting as 2 right?

Edited by kara4life

i seeeeeee

An A-side is the promotional song on a single (in this case it would be Mister) and this song would be the song promoted on music shows, special lives and etc. A B-side is usually a song that isn't anticipated to be as popular (in this case it would be Umbrella), and the artist wouldn't usually perform this song on shows or anything but it is considered part of the single. :lol:

Edit: This time xchigo got it first :sweatdrop:

Edited by leftys_rock

i seeeeeee

hahah, just treat that both a-side & b-side songs are all in the cd, they are however categorised according to their priorities. even more confusing? lol

edit: i'm last. :sweatdrop:

oh....i see....thanks for your info leftys_rock :thumbup: i hope they would release another song from Lupin coz its just too good to be wasted

hmm.. doubt that will happen but if umbrella response in japan is good, then maybe it'll promote & record in japanese. but it's difficult from what i see..

I actually want them back in Korea before the end of the year >_> But there's a high possibility they will simultaneously promote in Korea and Japan since traveling between these two countries isn't really time-consuming.

I think that is what will actually happen since it doesn't seem like they will be leaving Korea long term since they've got new shows coming up. And plus DSP probably doesn't want them away for too long since they don't really have a group to work with in Korea anymore. :thumbup: And plus since it's been a while since Lupin was released, they would be due another Korean album of some kind at the end of the year if they're to continue with their previous pattern of releases.

okaaaaaayyy i understand now

oh gosh im embarassing myself here hahahahaha

thanks thanks :sweatdrop:

i have to read more hahhahahaha

you popup the question & the rest all here learnt too. :lol: glad to know you really went through all the previous pages. :thumbup:

haha mae I know how you feel. I feel like I'm getting a crash course on how jpop works ;D

but woah the army concept -- seriously amazing! I'm loving what I see~~ can't wait to see the full MV for this :) Version C seems a little bit meh~ haha it doesn't really offer anything special? I like version A... but a photobook sounds so nice, too ;_; Hope this album does well!! :D

^Yes it will be. :thumbup: (since I believe if it was a Korean version, it would say オリジナル韓国語ヴァージョン next to it)

oh yep, i missed "those words". maybe you're right, they kept the recording soo secretive. let's wait for more details..

I looked at the CD Japan website and it looks like version A will have a making-of clip in the DVD as well. (although it might be limited edition only but i'm not quite sure :thumbup:)

And on that website, the price for version A is $21.14, version B is $17.08, and version C is $12.81. :sweatdrop:

Edited by leftys_rock

oh yeah hardcore fans will spent a lot of money to buy all the versions

japan sure has a good strategies to increase their income like crazy

okaay once again thanks to all of you who teached me about this j-pop

finally i can understand a litlle :thumbup:

Edited by stevenstanley

I have a question, does this mean umbrella will be in japanese too? wow, so much kara japanese promotions going around ^^ I hope people will buy kara's album and give them a chance ^^ maybe umj will see potential in them, if they sell a lot and be serious about kara not that they aren't serious now xD just give kara a little more ^^

I looked at the CD Japan website and it looks like version A will have a making-of clip in the DVD as well. (although it might be limited edition only but i'm not quite sure :D)

And on that website, the price for version A is $21.14, version B is $17.08, and version C is $12.81. :(

lol what key word(s) did you use to search? i couldn't find any in yesasia & cdjapan.

I have a question, does this mean umbrella will be in japanese too? wow, so much kara japanese promotions going around ^^ I hope people will buy kara's album and give them a chance ^^ maybe umj will see potential in them, if they sell a lot and be serious about kara not that they aren't serious now xD just give kara a little more ^^

I believe it will be in Japanese because there's no オリジナル韓国語ヴァージョン next to Umbrella in the single details while for the Korean version of Mister, there is that phrase. :( And I do hope so too; they already have a lot going for them so I hope it continues. ^^

lol what key word(s) did you use to search? i couldn't find any in yesasia & cdjapan.

From Kara's soompi thread: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code_ba...html?key=503091

They're the first 3 items in that list :D