[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

Wooaah~ a topic for this, great *late*

Well, I think KARA can be so good in Japan. The girlbands from Japan have a "cute style", but KARA have a unique charm ;D

KARA do better in Japan and Universal will make a so good promotion. I guess a great song is coming soon \o/

:inluv:

KARA will ROCK Japan, I'm so excitin' for this <33333

The most important is the marketing strategy, which is interesting to see, as I'm not an expert

I agree~~

But with a great song too :thumbup:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@nerdxissa

hahaha, not only cole but i love jini japanese too.

they were absolutely cute when trying hard to remember those memorized words.

hope they will do better tomorrow. :D

@yuda

bigger fanbase means a growing family with more family members.

with more hearts, problems & difficulties can be shared & overcome easily.

or at least the battle frontline is stronger before the girls are hit.

but yep, i know where you are coming from. :)

---

as of how kara is going to get introduced & well accepted into japan market, we just have to trust umj expertise.

by tomorrow we shall have the first glimpse how japanese react after the successful feb showcase.

i'm sure kara will do great in japan! they already tested the waters and they received such a warm welcome by the Japanese fans,when they start promoting in Japan, im sure they will get even more fans! :D

Wow , I think that's gonna be a blast ! I am pretty sure they will succeed in Japan since they are talented singers :P

This what worries me actually, do the japanese wotas even care about idol talent??

I really hope japan will accept Kara as more of mainstream music than as an idol pop group

^

i don't know much about japan market..

but afaik, japan really differ idol with singer..

and i do really want kara to be accepted as a singer..

and yep, the marketing straategy is the important thing :)

@red4summer

yup..i;m really praying that the growth of kamilia will turns out like that..

every growing will only always lead to 2 ways, whether it will be be better or worse..

but i do have faith in kamilia..

it's just my negative thinking sumtimes..esp when reading news about 'those kind' of thing that happen to other groups..

waiting for news about them right now..

they should already been in japan right now i think..

and i've been really wondering, what are outfit will they be wearing..

since lupin didn't 'released' in japan yet, right??

i hope they will go with honey, don't know why :P

^

i don't know much about japan market..

but afaik, japan really differ idol with singer..

and i do really want kara to be accepted as a singer..

It really waste their talent if they gonna be as another idol pop group in Japan.

But, if they ever be a popular idol pop group, they will have their on privileges

which is the fans (or they call it wotas)

Usually they are very loyal and hardcore. With Japanese dirty marketing strategy, this wotas will buy 3-5 copy of one single or album release just to have a photoshoot or a handshake with their favorite idol.

But it would take a while to build up this kind of fanbase, AKB48 needs 3-4 years before they are as popular as now. So, while Kara still train them self before debut, AKB48 has started marketing without proper training, their average age is the same. :lol:

If Kara enters as mainstream music / singer, the talent, the song and everything they have as a singer will be counted.

If the Japanese accept it and think they're good, Kara will be popular in no time. But if ever slacking down, they would be forgotten in no time as well.

the music industry is a bit different as well, in Japan the main release is single. Usually a singer release 3-4 single a year. album will be released at most once a year

waiting for news about them right now..

they should already been in japan right now i think..

and i've been really wondering, what are outfit will they be wearing..

since lupin didn't 'released' in japan yet, right??

i hope they will go with honey, don't know why :P

I still hope they release Lupin first in Japan :thumbup:

Japanese girl group lack sexy image, they should target on that :)

Just found out that they're going to use Mister for their debut TT^TT

I love the butt dance and all but, I thought they would go with a cute song[or an original song; a new japanese song]

And mister gets annoying after a while xD And I think repeating Japanese words would sound weird. Wanna sounded ehhh..[but it was still good]

I was disappointed when they said they were going to debut with that song :D" I dunno. I'm not professional or anything this is just me. I'm not basing it on facts but I think that mister wont be that good for a song to debut. If U Wanna is good. or Rock U or a ballad song, "I Am" or Lupin[though that would be on the same level, to me, as mister]

I also hope that the back up vocals aren't so loud. You could barely here Kara during Mister. Since Japanese people look at singing, talent, stage presents[like being all emotional on stage if your singing a ballad] maybe personality and maybe looks, they shouldn't have back up vocals and harder dance routines. I think Kara has a lot of talent but, i feel like their[i think im refering to dsp though im tired of blaming them xD] not using all of kara's talent :)"

(sorry for being hard on kara; all I did was rant :)" xD I just want them to sucess ^-^ it bothers me that they could be so popular but, something is stopping them)

^^ I am shocked too.. that they will go with Mister but then I thought oh Mister video XD lol.. I felt confident after they signed with Universal.. so who knows what they have in store.. maybe they will change it up a bit.. maybe the fact that it was so popular in Korea but they never got that award XD..

Overall, I feel secure?... things always turn out for KARA.. we really can never predict anything b/c they are with such a company XD but I wished they would've debuted with a new song XD... I'm excited to see what their new album will comprise of ..hopefully not only their Korean songs in Japanese ... I feel like the girls already know their Korean fans well.. it's time to share some love with other fans from other countries.. right?.. I mean there's so many of us.. why not? :D

I think the main reason why they chose Mister as their debut single is to further exploit the butt dance. Butt dance was a crucial factor that contributed to Kara's explosive popularity in Korea and maybe they want to try the butt dance in Japan. And Kara needs an image song and that song would be Mister. That's my theory, anyways. Psh, no wonder Mister wasn't included in the Premium Box. But an up-side to that is that, most likely Kara will film a PV for Mister! ...if they're releasing a single, maybe the C/W song will be a new song. -crosses finger-

Most likely Kara will be marketed as another idol girl group. ): Mister doesn't really show their vocal prowess and the entire focus is on the butt dance. This might not necessarily be a bad thing though. The idol market in Japan is HUGE right now. If you look at Oricon's Yearly chart, other than the regular top-shot artists, it's practically dominated by JE, and AKB48 is moving up too. And I think the girl group market is opening up in Japan (with Tokyo Girl's Style, Smileage, and Momoiro Clover debuting even though they aren't doing all that stellar), partially due to AKB48's success, this might work to Kara's advantage.

UM, please promote the girls well. =/ Without tons of promotion, to quote eyeless, "they would be forgotten in no time as well."

I'm really glad that they now enter Japan market. It is a good ideal for kara to gain more popular. However this would mean they're more busy and gonna spend more time in Japan now. I rather like them to join more show in Korea instead so I can watch them.

Anyway, It's all good that they're successful now. Good luck in Japan girls.

Japanese are so going to love Kara, most Kara members are perfect types for Japan's style of girls ;)

Kara, hwaiting in Japan!

(listening to Japanese version, so sweet, I don't know Japanese so not sure if they are pronouncing right, but Nicole's rap is awesome as always)

If Kara enters as mainstream music / singer, the talent, the song and everything they have as a singer will be counted.

If the Japanese accept it and think they're good, Kara will be popular in no time. But if ever slacking down, they would be forgotten in no time as well.

ah yeah..i know about that too..

so far i'm agree with the rest, KARA really have a lot of potential..it's just they haven't digging it too much..

ur last word, it's make me scared, although i have confident about them..but still,,,,

@nerdxissa

haha i'm agree with u..

just like i'm always saying..

i never really like mister in the 1st place..

but the fact that the butt dance is the one that raise kara very much,it's undeniable though >.<

I also hope that the back up vocals aren't so loud. You could barely here Kara during Mister. Since Japanese people look at singing, talent, stage presents[like being all emotional on stage if your singing a ballad] maybe personality and maybe looks, they shouldn't have back up vocals and harder dance routines. I think Kara has a lot of talent but, i feel like their[i think im refering to dsp though im tired of blaming them xD] not using all of kara's talent -

(sorry for being hard on kara; all I did was rant :D" xD I just want them to sucess ^-^ it bothers me that they could be so popular but, something is stopping them)

bout the back vocal yep..u can hardly hear them, esp in the chorus part..

it's alright i think to rant, as long as it was for the sake of KARA :)

@mae

oh yeah, mister video!!!! it's gonna be great..a lot of people have been waiting for it(remembering BB's Heaven) :P

i don't know if i have missed it or not, but they was saying the debut album will be in july right?

and whether it's a new japanese song or not, is there any news about that??

i'm sure most of us wishing for an original new japanese song for KARA :)

I feel like the girls already know their Korean fans well.. it's time to share some love with other fans from other countries.. right?.. I mean there's so many of us.. why not? :)

haha yep yep..share KARA love to the world :D

I think the main reason why they chose Mister as their debut single is to further exploit the butt dance. Butt dance was a crucial factor that contributed to Kara's explosive popularity in Korea and maybe they want to try the butt dance in Japan. And Kara needs an image song and that song would be Mister. That's my theory, anyways. Psh, no wonder Mister wasn't included in the Premium Box. But an up-side to that is that, most likely Kara will film a PV for Mister! ...if they're releasing a single, maybe the C/W song will be a new song. -crosses finger-

yeah..it's one of the main reaason..

no wonder they will try it again in the Japan..

and from japan showcase, their reaction still very great with the butt dance right..

a PV will be great..i don't mind if it's just a dance ver, rather than a PV without any clear storyline..haha

--------------------

guess we need to wait for tomorrow's mini concert to found out about that :)

btw,i know it's rather impossible..

but i'm wishing for a new outfit >.<

at least..just like they wear on yeongnam university, or the black vest like they wear for A&A perf >.<

u guys know the reason why i'm always ranting about this..

btw,i know it's rather impossible..

but i'm wishing for a new outfit >.<

at least..just like they wear on yeongnam university, or the black vest like they wear for A&A perf >.<

u guys know the reason why i'm always ranting about this..

Yeah I get you here, but I think it's still gonna be the construction worker outfit. And imo the butt dance looks best best in those worker pants, even though something new would be nice. Maybe they would change up the top and the hairstyle?

-patiently waiting for news on the mini concert-

i don't know if i have missed it or not, but they was saying the debut album will be in july right?

and whether it's a new japanese song or not, is there any news about that??

i'm sure most of us wishing for an original new japanese song for KARA smile.gif

Yeah the news article mentioned that the debut album (ugh I'm hoping it's a single instead of an album) wil be released in July/August, but really, I think it's subject to change since album release dates are always pretty tentative. And I'm really, really hoping for a new Japanese song instead of a Korean remake because... it seems kinda cheap? And it gets boring to hear the same song sung over and over again.

in just a few hours...

Kara gonna hold their mini concert at Japan...

woot...can't wait for news and fancams there...woo~

hope we have some footage from the mini concert...

Japan fans will be totally happy at that time..woo~ so lucky....if there got some fancams..should we share it here..??

Edited by ZaЯA

I have confidence that the girl will be successful in Japan. I read in an article that out of the girl groups in Korea Kara has the greatest potential to succeed. They have the singing ability as well as the cutesy look that appeals to the Japanese market . Of course all this hinge on the fact that marketing plays a big part on their road to conquer Japanese market,cause their are many a singers with tons of talents that got toss on the wayside because of poor marketing so I really hope that UMG will take good care of our girls. Learning the language is a must Gyruri & Seungyeon are getting good at it so that's not a big problem and it would be good if they can stay in Japan longer to promote themselves.I know Korean Kamilias are not going to be happy about it but I think it's time for the girls to spread their wings it's a sign of growth. I'm surprise to learn that they are promoting Mister instead of Pretty Girl or Honey since these are the 2 songs that are popular there. i was hoping for a new japanese song oh wells this may be a good thing we might finally be able to see the long awaited MV for Mister!!! To conclude who can resist this adorable girls who we got to know and love! That's a key point "know" they have to know them....Kara fighting!!!

Edited by graszny

IMO ... Mister might work as it has the explosive effect of the butt dance.

By choosing Mister, I think Kara would take the sexy type of idol group, which again, I think it's gonna work as right now all Japanese idol group are all cute type.

AKB48 can be sexy but right now they still the cute type (even though in their new PV all the girls wearing Bikini) and they are the biggest competition ,

Hello Projects Idols definitely not sexy type after they graduate all the seniors,

I don't know much about Idolling!! and the other idol group seems too young to be sexy.

Universal has another idol group Momoiro Clover which just debuting, they are 6 girl formation with age from 13-16, and absolutely the cute type.

Kara will fill in the sexy type perfectly there

For other than cute idol group, Japan doesn't have Speed like in the past, Max and Dream seems not that hot anymore. So I hope Kara can fill in this gap.

I really hope the best for Kara, and It's gonna be a PV for Mister if they release it as single in Japan

yo where did you guys hear about this mister news? i couldn't find anywhere.

i'm extremely thrilled to learn mister is getting the nod to be debuted as the single or part of the ablum.

for me, this is the song that contributed most to the raising popularity.

glad umj plans to have mister specially packaged to present before japan.

it'll be in japanese, no doubt about it. the signature butt dance is going to bring in another new wave.

not forgetting their cuteness, it's time to introduce the sexiness from the girls.

judging from its response drawn previously, this song is seriously lacking a mv (or pv in japan), it desires higher recognition.

made in japan, it must be fabulous. highly anticipating its release now.

as for the outfits, i prefer them to be in the orginial.

but if there're changes, they are best of minimal.

utlimately they must keep the construction worker pants. :(

@eric - According to KH's twitter, Gyuri confirmed it at the mini concert / handshake event.

@eyeless - Yup, Kara can definitely find their own niche in the Jpop scene. None of of reigning girl groups on the scene have a touch of sexiness to their music like Kara does (even though Momusu is getting there, imo, they're not doing bubbly cute anymore). Like you said, AKB48 is really still aimed at being cute and attracting wotas, and the newly debuted girl groups too (Momoiro Clover, TGS, Smileage,.. and maybe some more to come lol), so Kara might have an advantage because Mister is sexy/cute instead of purely cute and bubbly.

AKB48 (and Perfume, too) is definitely the group to beat right now, but I'd be happy if Kara can surpass H!P first, since AKB is kinda out of Kara's league right now, sales-wise. Really, I'd be ecstatic if Kara can break the 10k barrier with their first single. 8D

I think that Kara can do it! These are unique girls and their charm should reel people in, like they us in.

I also think that promotion and marketing is important. I think that Genkidan Hitori's extensive promotion for the fan meeting earlier this year contributed to it's success. Which goes to show how important marketing is.

However, Universal must know how to promote well, so I hope they do a good job.

I feel a little worried, but am anticipating it!

Like people here, I do hope that they release a new Japanese song so it gives more impact to their debut.

Go, Kara! Kamilia is supporting you!

@xichigo - You are right, if they can make it to top 10 in oricon chart with 10k ++ sales, for the first single in Japan would be good. 40k sales is beyond awesome and could beat any idol group except Momusu and the 48 ers

AKB48 300k ++ sales is definitely out of Kara's League right now, I couldn't agree more.

Hello Project's idols group sales is about 30k - 60k, if Kara can beat this on their debut, I would go crazy :)

@eyeless

somehow I kindof think your an expert xD

I kindof feel less worried. Cuz to me Mister wasn't that well.... that good to me xD But it is different from the cute japanese girl groups xD

I just hope that the Mv won't be too sexy. I kindof want a strong image if they're not going for the cute look. Maybe kindof like finkl's now.

kara performed it once; even though it wasn't the best, kara is way better now ^-^

I mean I think Mister should have a little bit better choreography? I mean yeah there's the butt dance. But during Mister they just stop and do a sexy pose. Finkl's now was really "strong" to me. I hope the choreography would be as strong as "Now" And Kara should release an mv right? I kind of like the contruction worker outfit. I think they should have a little story line in the mv[dunno how that will work out though xD] and color.

I just think that Kara's cuteness helped them in Japan a little. And going towards sexy is a not great but not bad idea. But, I also don't want them to be just cute. So I think having a strong image, choreography[with a splash of color] would even it out? And the singing! ^-^

Boy I ask for too much, sorry x_x

I just want Japan to be impressed and kara's debut album to sell so they can be in the top 3 in the oricon chart xD

First impression is important, no?

And Kara also has 4-5 months to practice[not that they're bad] japanese, singing, dancing, and performing live until they debut in japan right?

Ahhh!!!! This is how I express my love for them xD

Edited by nerdxissa

@nerdxissa

Hehehe ... It's just my tought, I like Japanese Idols for years but I like Kara more right now, so I know those things a bit.

Japan Gravure/tabloid magazine "ENTAME" released a list of the Top150 "Most Influential Idols of 2010" in their newest issue.

http://www.kawaii-joyuu.com/?p=6726

On top 20 much of them are actress/gravure idol, only 2 pop idol and both from AKB48 (they really on fire these day)

no. 5 Maeda Atsuko (the No 1 frontgirls of AKB48) and no. 16 Shinoda Mariko (No 3 frontgirls of AKB48, yes they number their idol based on annual fans election)

Both of them don't have any vocal and dancing talents as much as each member of Kara, I'm pretty sure with it. But I have to admit Maeda Atsuko is deadly cute :D

I hope in 2011 at least one Kara's member would be in this top Most Influential Idols ... :D