[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

@eyeless

really..??

what company did 4minute sign with.?? is it UMJ..??

the 1st week they sold 4,241 copies..isn't that good..??

and 5K their maximum sells..?? I don't think so...they have fans there too...maybe they can went up a bit than 5k only..

Edited by Code

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#21? but Kara's was only #29......

So does that mean 4minute is more popular? TT^TT

I hope Kara's Mister would be at least in the top 10.... I wonder how is UMJ going to get Kara more popular. I really hope in these 4 months Kara's name would spread throughout Japan ^-^ And I'm waiting for JJ mag. too ^-^

@code

I don't know which company 4minute signed with, but I think it's not UMJ

For what I known in Japan, the chance to sale a single is only the first week it release. With first week sales only 4k, they could only sell their single just a couple of hundred in the next week.

I dunno if 4,241 copies sold can be considered good (??), even debuting Japan idol group Momoiro Clover sold 20k++ in the first week and they're just 13-16 yo kids.

@nerdxissa

Kara haven't even release their single in Japan, the premium box is just limited edition fans kit targeted only for fans event. It's not a match up we can compare.

We have to wait until Mister is out

Edited by eyeless

i read your posts from page 5... and very well said to everyone! :tongue:

well actually, i was from jpop fandom.. so i kinda know how the market goes there.. lol.. not so much, actually because i don't fangirl girl groups there... so i don't know if i'm biased with my info:

girl groups (not solos) are actually not that popular (excuse me for the fans)... JE (a company only for boy-groups) are monopolizing the sales and number 1 spot in Oricon most of the time when they release something... so what i'm saying is, it won't be hard for Kara to be famous among girl groups :D

Tohoshinki (or DBSK) went to Japan on 2005, but just entered Music Station for the first time on 2008 and I think it's just because their song is with Koda Kumi (female solo artist which is quite known).. they weren't even interviewed or had the chance to talk :| (then i was bitter to Koda Kumi hehe)

but Tohoshinki is under Avex, so let's hope UMJ will surpass what Avex could do :)

one more thing.. with the 4minute vs Kara issue... 4minute has been kinda promoting little by little in Japan before, giving out posters, and stuffs, and that is to gain popularity... they have been entering Japan since way back, and they just entered Oricon a few days/weeks ago.... so think of the brighter side... Kara has just been entering Japan, yet they have already entered Oricon charts...

and it's not that easy to enter Oricon, because it counts the sales in just a few online sites like cd japan, i don't even know if yesasia is one of those.. so actually, we non-japanese could help them enter Oricon chart... :)

^^ i read that 4Minute also signed by UMJ...from KPOPLIVE :"After signing with Universal Music Japan, both KARA and 4Minute will start their promotions in Japan"

thanks again eyeless for your info, i felt mixed with that...on some point i'm glad 2+2minute didn't do well in Japan (sorry 2+2minute fans but i'm a Kamilia so of course i only support KARA :tongue: ), but then i felt worried with our KARA too :D with what you said a debutant Momoiro Clover could sell 20k on their first week, and they younger than KARA :)

But from Japanese news coverage about KARA activities in Japan a few days ago, i noticed that KARA always be the headlines and 4minute somehow mentioned just in between, i hope thats a good sign for their upcoming Japan activities...

thanks also to joiijoee for your info, yeah lets hope UMJ will do great than Avex.. correct me if i'm wrong though but i think KARA also make their way to Japan since a while back, no? like their Pretty Girl or Honey (even its not official move from DSP but rather underground movement from their Japanese fans...)

Edited by kara4life

girl groups (not solos) are actually not that popular (excuse me for the fans)... JE (a company only for boy-groups) are monopolizing the sales and number 1 spot in Oricon most of the time when they release something... so what i'm saying is, it won't be hard for Kara to be famous among girl groups :)

This is true, but it's also means girl pop group will have harder time to sale :tongue:

Until mid 2009 when AKB48 start to break the barrier and sell at JE level (exclude Arashi, they are too good)

and it's not that easy to enter Oricon, because it counts the sales in just a few online sites like cd japan, i don't even know if yesasia is one of those.. so actually, we non-japanese could help them enter Oricon chart...

From what I known, Oricon counts sales from CD stores + japan online store. They don't count overseas sales.

@kara4life

So they from the same recording company ... :D

I really expect Kara to be at least at Big Bang level in j-pop industry, or even better at DBSK level. I hope I don't expect too much ...

QUOTE (joiijoee @ May 12 2010, 11:43 PM) *

and it's not that easy to enter Oricon, because it counts the sales in just a few online sites like cd japan, i don't even know if yesasia is one of those.. so actually, we non-japanese could help them enter Oricon chart...

From what I known, Oricon counts sales from CD stores + japan online store. They don't count overseas sales.

Oricon does count Yesasia. And Amazon Japan and CDJapan too I believe. They don't contribute to the daily sales but the sales from these online websites are added to the weekly charts. See HERE and HERE for more info.

kind of late now, but yep 4minute is with umj & their 21 placing is higher too.

Kara haven't even release their single in Japan, the premium box is just limited edition fans kit targeted only for fans event. It's not a match up we can compare.

though it's only a premium box but it's still the first disc to be launched in japan, so was expecting "results".

hence on 6th may when i learnt about the 21 & 29, i was bit shocked mixed with little disappointment.

one more thing.. with the 4minute vs Kara issue... 4minute has been kinda promoting little by little in Japan before, giving out posters, and stuffs, and that is to gain popularity... they have been entering Japan since way back, and they just entered Oricon a few days/weeks ago.... so think of the brighter side... Kara has just been entering Japan, yet they have already entered Oricon charts...

remember the showcase in feb? :tongue:

thanks also to joiijoee for your info, yeah lets hope UMJ will do great than Avex.. correct me if i'm wrong though but i think KARA also make their way to Japan since a while back, no? like their Pretty Girl or Honey (even its not official move from DSP but rather underground movement from their Japanese fans...)

ohhhhh ... okay ;) right right...

This is true, but it's also means girl pop group will have harder time to sale :D

Until mid 2009 when AKB48 start to break the barrier and sell at JE level (exclude Arashi, they are too good)

~hehe im just looking at the brighter side :)

~oh yeah?? akb48 is scary.. haha..

~oh i thought since non-japan countries could also buy from cdjapan , yesasia, etc, they count ... i guess not? i think it's possible because i remembered Arashi's sales reached 1million in 1 or 2 weeks... and isn't it from the help of overseas as well? but as xichigo mentioned the sales from these online websites are added to the weekly charts :)

Oricon does count Yesasia. And Amazon Japan and CDJapan too I believe. They don't contribute to the daily sales but the sales from these online websites are added to the weekly charts. See HERE and HERE for more info.

oh thanks for the info :)

remember the showcase in feb? :)

oh yeah right, it's in japan too.. :) so Kara was promoting in Japan longer... lol..

~~

but i think the preparation of Kara is longer than of 4 minute.. so is that thanks to DSP? or UMJ is the one incharge of that?

Regarding the whole Kara vs 4minute thing... 4minute released a single and Kara released a compliation of albums, so naturally the sales will be different (and strictly speaking, the sales of 4minute's Muzik and Kara's Premum Box aren't all that stellar). In Japan, singles almost always sell better than albums (except with some exceptionally successful artists who manages to sell huge amounts of both albums AND singles). And I suspect some stock issues were at work too, since the premium box reached #7 on the first day then fell out of the Top 30 by the second day - it might have been out of stock? Since it was a limited edition and everything.

Anyways, let's not fret over that too much lol. Both 4minute and Kara are trying to break into the Japanese market and we should cheer them on. even though we're cheering for Kara more.

In Japan, singles almost always sell better than albums (except with some exceptionally successful artists who manages to sell huge amounts of both albums AND singles). And I suspect some stock issues were at work too, since the premium box reached #7 on the first day then fell out of the Top 30 by the second day - it might have been out of stock? Since it was a limited edition and everything.

so Japanese artist release more single than album..??

and this is weird...Single sales better than album...really2 different with Korea...

yeah..it is a limited edition...the reason it fell down cuz of the stock....

Kara can reach no7 with the premium box...

btw..Kara gonna debut with mister...is it a single or an album..??

if single ...maybe Mister can get a better result soon...haha~ really2 nervous about it..

Anyways, let's not fret over that too much lol. Both 4minute and Kara are trying to break into the Japanese market and we should cheer them on.

even though we're cheering for Kara more.

^

rofl...agree..!!! haha~

so Japanese artist release more single than album..??

and this is weird...Single sales better than album...really2 different with Korea...

yeah, in Japan.. usually before releasing an album.. they'll have atleast 2 or 3 singles...

singles are no joke in Japan, lol...

when releasing a single, that's when they'll be invited to music shows or have guest appearances in certain tv shows..

and when they'll release an album, it's not necessary for them to be in music shows and promote the songs there... because when they release an album,, 2 or 3 of the songs there are in singles which were already promoted before (when they released the single)...

well, i don't know if this applies to all artists, but after releasing an album, what's next to the idols is a concert :)

about again the 4minute and Kara.. the gap of there promotions in japan is kinda far.. so let's get over it.. 4minute will shine at their time, and I believe that Kara will shine as well when it's their turn....

^^^

:)

I think the same too, you can't compare single and album sales.

I've mention earlier that in Japan, single is the main release, it has more promotion, got a PV and got more attention.

It's different from Korea music industry.

@joiijoee

I think Avex is bigger that UMJ in Japan, but I don't have any data to back up my statement. Just Avex's artist is more famous especially they have the queens Ayumi Hamasaki, Kumi Koda and Namie Amuro.

About Idol Concert really excites me :eyelove:

Have Kara even held a concert of their own? I can't find any Kara's Live Concert anywhere.

Every Idol Group set their ultimate target to do a concert at Tokyo Dome, but no girl group ever achieve it.

@Code

Mister gonna be a single, so expect a PV with it :thumbup:

Edited by eyeless

yeah, in Japan.. usually before releasing an album.. they'll have atleast 2 or 3 singles...

singles are no joke in Japan, lol...

when releasing a single, that's when they'll be invited to music shows or have guest appearances in certain tv shows..

well, i don't know if this applies to all artists, but after releasing an album, what's next to the idols is a concert :)

about again the 4minute and Kara.. the gap of there promotions in japan is kinda far.. so let's get over it.. 4minute will shine at their time, and I believe that Kara will shine as well when it's their turn....

wow...so Kara still have a long way to go before get invited to the Music Station...

agree....both group have their time to shine...hope Kara bloom much faster....haha~

and follow their senior group..DBSK...

and I heard the DBSK trio JaechunSu receives over 1 million ticket applicants for their dome concert....

if that happen to Kara..woot.. No.1 girl group hallyu star....

@joiijoee

I think Avex is bigger that UMJ in Japan, but I don't have any data to back up my statement. Just Avex's artist is more famous especially they have the queens Ayumi Hamasaki, Kumi Koda and Namie Amuro.

About Idol Concert really excites me :tongue:

Have Kara even held a concert of their own? I can't find any Kara's Live Concert anywhere.

Every Idol Group set their ultimate target to do a concert at Tokyo Dome, but no girl group ever achieve it.

me too...Avex have DBSK..isn't that count as powerful recruit they have..??

I think Kara had the mini concert in Japan earlier...or does they have a concert in Korea..?? i don't think so...

even AKB48..?? at the Tokyo Dome..?? wow...

this really2 suprise me...even Japanese girl group can't achieve it...if Kara can...that would be great...!!

btw...can't wait for Mister PV...woo~ haha~

@Code

AKB48 biggest concert is at Yokohama Arena, Morning Musume at Saitama Super Arena, no girl group ever get into Tokyo Dome.

That's Japan's biggest indoor stadium in consecutive order.

Kara has been around for almost 3 yrs and never held any live concert? Or live concert isn't that popular in Korea?

Kara already have enough song for a concert.

In Japan as joiijoe stated, as the group have enough song, usually at least 1 album released, they'll do a concert.

woah...

i'm loss here..

i missed a lot >.<

i'll try to reply as much as i can, although i can't cover too much..

bout the fan ratio, i'm really glad that they almost have the same ratio of fanboy an fangirls..

i think it's much better than have a one-sided domination..

and for 4minute..i;m supporting both of them, although of course i will choose KARA 1st :)

i don't know about concert, but idols in korea rarely having any concert..i've been wondering too..

so far, i'm only know big bang that have done a lot of concert..

WG only done once..

SNSD once if i don't mistaken..

suju twice...

dont know bout the rest..haha

@eyeless

to embed yt link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9_MT_z6tMw

take the c9_MT_z6tMw

and paste it between

[youtube][/youtube]

so it will be like this:

[youtube]c9_MT_z6tMw[/youtube]

@joiijoee

@Code

Mister gonna be a single, so expect a PV with it :)

hmm i think there's still none...

And yup, let's expect a PV of Mister!!!! :( wahh I'm getting excited HEHE

wow...so Kara still have a long way to go before get invited to the Music Station...

agree....both group have their time to shine...hope Kara bloom much faster....haha~

hehe let's see if 4 minute gets invited since they'll debut first... if they were able to be invited, there's a big possibility for Kara too, since they could speak Japanese a little (well this is kinda needed since there is an interview portion always) as we have seen in some videos :)

@curbow

SS501 have a concert at korea too...

remember the Persona concert..that Kara perform Lupin and Mister..still remember..?? lol

and also DBSK the mirotic concert....maybe kpop artist all more to music show than too hold a concert...

@eyeless

DBSK already made a concert in the Tokyo Dome..

so they count as one of the most popular right..?? lol

wow..surprisingly no Girl group ever hold a concert at the Tokyo Dome...

and I found this...DBSK concert...with a huge amount of fans....I guess this is the Tokyo Dome...haha~

really2 wish Kara get that amount of fans for their concert...

^

Yes, that's Tokyo Dome. I always amazed by the size of it.

DBSK is surely very popular in Japan. But KAT-TUN held the record for doing 8 straight days concert at tokyo dome :D

It make sense, the music show in Korea is superior if compared to Japan. so K-Pop artist prefer doing this than hold a concert.

But holding concert is generating money, and music show only promoting.

I'm sorry I don't know where else I could ask, seems out of topic in this thread ...

Why isn't there any comeback stage for the single We're with you? or somehow it doesn't work like that for single?

I miss Kara performing on TV ..

^

so thats Tokyo Dome...

wow..!!! I just can say wow for its size....is superior Huge...!!!

I want Kara to perform there...with the amount of fans like DBSK fans there at the Tokyo Dome....

how many people needed to make the Tokyo Dome full..?? haha

KAT-TUN doing 8 straight days concert at tokyo dome ....thats the most jjang...!!

does the 2nd,3rd,4th day and etc still packed with fans at their concert..?? if so..they are super rich...haha~

btw...KAT-TUN is japan idol group..their song great..no wonder they got lot of fans..

Kara single We're with you song they made for cheering for their national football team for the FIFA Worldcup...

I guess they didn't promote the WC song through comeback..they just release it...I guess....:51333867:

@hype8750

yeah...

if they can perform at Budokan arena after debut would be good...

I think they need to hold a concert after debut...hope UMJ makes one...haha~

btw...can Kara sing korean song for Japan concert..?? really2 curious....

or they can only sing Japan song that debut with....

Edited by Code