[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when red4summer asked about why Mister stays longer at the chart compared to other j-pop artists with the most constant sales. This is also happening to Genie right now. As well as Shinee album, Cnblue and more

So, from the anomaly of both singles, I think part of both singles successful sales is from the K-Pop trend in Japan and not only from the music or the group popularity. Japanese are like ok.. K-Pop is a trend now .. I'm gonna try it and buy the singles.

And we also know that trends in Japan are changing quite fast. And from the sales of their 1st day and the way it keeps constantly selling, It could be seen that k-pop group right now don't have that big fanbase in Japan which very logical, and have a large number of casual fans. This casual fans could easily changing their preferences based on anything

The point is, the real chalenge for Kara is for their future release of their single, especially when the k-pop trend is fading. Kara needs to release a good music with a good promotion and fit the taste of Japanese well. When we hear that the next single is gonna be original Japanese song, I really think it's a good sign.

Edited by eyeless

i agree with eyeless,maybe the reason why the majority of kpop groups are doing well in Japan now is because of the kpop wave and some of them,who were fans of kara as a korean group,would wanna buy their album to support them but in the long run,whats more important is for kara to be considered a j-pop girl group.Im very happy that their next single is gonna be an original japanese song and not a remake of one of their korean hits.This sort of shows that they are taking Japan very seriously and are therefore willing to produce new music instead of just constantly doing remakes. But other than that, i cant wait for their japanese single and their comeback in korea!

^ looking good!!!

and im very happy that kara's 2nd single isnt a remake, cos snsd's one is*. i mean, debut singles are remakes just in case it doesnt do well, resulting in the loss of profits. but after proving themselves, they should rly come up with something new and fresh. and that's what kara's doing so im rly excited for it!!!!

*i got the news from akp, meaning that it isnt official so if its wrong, pls correct me :)

Yeah I glad that KARA nex single is a orignal japanese song, since I think if you have a orignal japanese song, it would do well. Since the song is a orignal never heard before, it not a remake or anything. So I think it would do well, and plus the song title sound like something the japanese fans would like. Beside when all the other idol group release a orignal japanese song it did well(bb song, and TVXQ love in the air)so KARA release a orignal song i think it would do well on the chart and in sells. Cause I think more japanese fans would love to heard a orignal song, that they never heard of, and they get to heard them sing in japanese. Plus umj would probably promote the girls well, since they were a huge success with mister, they have to promote them well. And yeah I do think that Kpop is popular in japan, but it kind of like died down. And KARA release a orignal song, it good for them. So they can show the japanese fans something new, not something remake. Which fans of kpop in japan, probably have heard the korean version. But a orignal song, it would just be in japanese, and for the japanese fans. It bettter release a orignal song, then remake a song(SNSD next single GEE). Hopefully this single sell well, but I have faith that it would sell well.

You know how we were predicted the sales for mister and we were hope for just 20K. Now with this new single, my prediction are going to be little higher. Maybe 30-40K first week. I glad that they girls are back in the top 20, so for the weekly chart they are in 19 postion. It good but we just have to wait for the result of today and tomorww to see how they do. And how much did they sell yesterday and what is their total sales close to 70K barrier yet. Last I check, it was thursday it say they sold 2439 or something like that. so they would need to sell like 600 friday,saturday, and sunday. But since they got back on the top 20, i wondering how much they sell for that day

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

Oh my god, I am so happy they break the 65K barrier. Now just waiting for it to reach 70K. It's just so awesome they get to sell as much as 65K. Please let them reach 70K. My last wish(for today or this week maybe. XD) I can't wait for their next "Jumping", from the title of the song I think it's going an upbeat song and their concept is going to be cute(since japanese people like cute concept). I do like their cute concept but I do wish for them to use sexy and charismatic concept like Lupin. Hopefully they'll use this concept for their comeback in Korea which is in November as well isn't it? But whenever it is, I'll just wait for it, a little late is okay(since I need to collect a lot of money to buy both singe :tongue: )I am guessing they might actually use the dark concept for comeback in Korea since the concept was the most successful conept Kara had.

I believe their next single will increase the number of fans in Japan. I really hope their next single will hit 40K in a week. Hopefully it will and achieve higher position in Oricon chart. That will be absoulutely amazing. I'm sure Kara will make a great comeback(and possibly if they became really famous they'll get to perform in Music Station, my fav. music programme)

I believe their next single will increase the number of fans in Japan. I really hope their next single will hit 40K in a week. Hopefully it will and achieve higher position in Oricon chart. That will be absoulutely amazing. I'm sure Kara will make a great comeback(and possibly if they became really famous they'll get to perform in Music Station, my fav. music programme)

I agree ^^ Mister really increased the number of JKamilias there and I'm sure Jumping will attract new fans. Hopefully there are thousands of them lol. Without them, 40k in first week is very difficult. I have high expectations for the next single because of Mister's success. I'm hoping Kara exceeds all of our expectations just like what they did for Mister :D

assuming this is the truth or part of, so increasing casual japanese are buying because of the hallyu wave invasion,

and hence in a way explained the persistent sales seen. but when did it get started? i meant what happened to 4minute (besides promotion strategies difference & intensity) since groups are crossing promoting one another? or has mister ignited this whole newest trend into nihon? :) yea for sure now the 2nd single (& subsequent releases) will be/has to be the key now. kara needs to ride on this current wave to reach furthest/quickest to convert previous casual buyers into fans because we have to do it before others. (and hence 2nd single is seen to be prioritized before the mini-album?) thanks eyeless, i would love to take this as my answer (after seeing what others have achieved). :)

I found this article

http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/writer.php?itemid=10046

Anyone can translate it properly? I can only summerize it a bit

It's about favorite female star for middle and high school boys (under 20)

1. AKB48 (70%)

2. Nishino Kana (8%)

3. Mizuki Nana (7%)

4. Kara (6%)

5. Girls Generation (4%)

6. Perfume (3%)

7. Other (2%)

If anyone care, Itano Tomomi is the most favorite member of AKB48 based on that article for u20

Good to know Kara is popular with middle and high school boys :P i guess... LOL well at least they're on the list. And wow, akb48 really tops any list about japanese female stars.

I love itano tomomi! my friend who loves akb48 sends me some of their shows,they are all really funny and seem really down to earth :D

1. AKB48 (70%)

2. Nishino Kana (8%)

3. Mizuki Nana (7%)

4. Kara (6%)

5. Girls Generation (4%)

6. Perfume (3%)

7. Other (2%)

Wow ! AKB48 is dominating by far :thumbup1:

I'm glad KARA is also included in the top 5

^ is Music Station the program whereby only the top 5 artists can perform? :confused1:

no mostly are top 10 songs in the weekly oricon chart(Kara's music video had once appeared on MS , not sure why but they got no.9 at that time - chart for Single and DVD) are performed(but not all of them) and also new songs and new artists(which they call Young Gun- I absolutely love the way the MC said "Young Gun") but I think only really famous singer get to perform.

By the way, if only top 5 artists will perform I'm sure it will be a very short program. :L and plus I love when the MC have a talk with the singers, cause it's always funny.(oc it's funny, they're mc right?XD

By the way, Kara Mister Dance P has received 1mil view. oh yeah.

Good to know Kara is popular with middle and high school boys :P i guess... LOL well at least they're on the list. And wow, akb48 really tops any list about japanese female stars.

I love itano tomomi! my friend who loves akb48 sends me some of their shows,they are all really funny and seem really down to earth :D

I'm really glad Kara is on top5.

There seems to be fanwar between fans of AKB48 and Kara's.

Edited by xichigo
fixed your posts

Update on Mister's sales:

14m6xl5.jpg

1. AKB48 (70%)

2. Nishino Kana (8%)

3. Mizuki Nana (7%)

4. Kara (6%)

5. Girls Generation (4%)

6. Perfume (3%)

7. Other (2%)

NIIICE! Kara is ranked pretty high - above Perfume, I'm surprised. o_o And I see Mizuki Nana -happyfangirl-

About Music Station.. it's VERY biased toward certain groups like Johnny's (<3). You're not guaranteed a performance even if you're in the Top 5. For example, Mizuki Nana never got to perform at MuSta even though her sales are really, really good. To be on Music Station is quite an honour. And a huge exposure too.

But hey Nana performed at Kouhaku which is like the biggest music show of the year so it's all okay. <3

About Music Station.. it's VERY biased toward certain groups like Johnny's (<3). You're not guaranteed a performance even if you're in the Top 5. For example, Mizuki Nana never got to perform at MuSta even though her sales are really, really good. To be on Music Station is quite an honour. And a huge exposure too.

But hey Nana performed at Kouhaku which is like the biggest music show of the year so it's all okay. <3

Your explanation makes much more sense than mine. Thank you so much.^_^

I agree, they're very biased towards Johnny's( which is how I got to know Johnny's artists - big fan over here:L)

by the way, didn't know you like Mizuki Nana. she's a great singer

Edited by IHeartKara1234

I'm really glad Kara is on top5.

There seems to be fanwar between fans of AKB48 and Kara's.

^Really? There's a fanwar? This is my first time hearing this. I hope it's not terrible :( . Kamilias should always stay away from fanwars and stay peaceful.

Thanks to xichigo for the sales figure! 67k is good :D Mister is still alive lol. Is 70k possible? That would be good ^_^

I found this article

http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/writer.php?itemid=10046

Anyone can translate it properly? I can only summerize it a bit

1. AKB48 (70%)

2. Nishino Kana (8%)

3. Mizuki Nana (7%)

4. Kara (6%)

5. Girls Generation (4%)

6. Perfume (3%)

7. Other (2%)

If anyone care, Itano Tomomi is the most favorite member of AKB48 based on that article for u20

Basically the article is about who can threaten AKB48, their popularity I assume. They conducted a survey asking boys in their teens who their favourite talent is. Then come the rankings. Then a bunch of stuff about AKB48. Then they say that if you put Kara and Snsd's popularity together you get 10% so while they aren't sure it looks like K-pop idol groups' popularity in Japan is rising. Although there is still a ong way to go before anyone can threaten AKB48, Kara and Snsd (with their sexiness) could maybe rise in the ranks and make the next k-pop boom since DBSK.

I agree, they're very biased towards Johnny's( which is how I got to know Johnny's artists - big fan over here:L)

by the way, didn't know you like Mizuki Nana. she's a great singer

I LOVE HERR. She's one of my favourite soloists <3 And I'm a huge fan of JEs too. KAT-TUN ftw.

Fanwar? What fanwar? I don't think any Kamilia would be.. brash enough to take the initiative to insult other artists because Kamilias are always very peaceful and not fussy. o_o

Basically the article is about who can threaten AKB48, their popularity I assume. They conducted a survey asking boys in their teens who their favourite talent is. Then come the rankings. Then a bunch of stuff about AKB48. Then they say that if you put Kara and Snsd's popularity together you get 10% so while they aren't sure it looks like K-pop idol groups' popularity in Japan is rising. Although there is still a ong way to go before anyone can threaten AKB48, Kara and Snsd (with their sexiness) could maybe rise in the ranks and make the next k-pop boom since DBSK.

Thanks so much for the translation! The bolded part made me LOL. Maybe we should put all Korean girl groups together to form a mega group. Put that together with AKB48 and all Japanese girl groups and we can conquer the world. Kk I don't know what's wrong with me today maybe I had too much sugar. Please ignore my randomness.

But yeah in all seriousness I don't think AKB48's popularity is threatened by anything right now. They're really successful right now and they're not even at the peak of the career yet, since they keep on outselling themselves. The AKB hype will take a few years to slow down. But it's great that KARA is also ranked up there on the chart. Maybe this is an indication of something bigger? :P Pretty impressive how they've only debuted last month.

^

thanks for the translation, big jpop group(s) shouldn't be worrying too much.

70% is too magnificent to be defeated by any non-local group, beside they have the element of youth.

i'm actually very pleased to see kara positioned with a mild 2% behind the 2nd place.

i wonder what will the percentages be if the survey was conducted among older fans of both sexes.

Thanks for the translation! No doubt that AKB48 is at the top. They obviously don't have to worry about these things for now. Of course Kara's priority should be to set a strong fanbase in Japan but it'll also be good if Kpop groups can work together to possibly knock them off the top, even if it is something that will take a long time.

I have faith in SoKa the most lol. But of course, they don't have to. As long as Kara is successful :D