[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

^

SM really2 trained their artist well...thats why they are no1 in korea...

if you take a look at SM artist...all of them really2 success..especially their DBSK and Super Junior...

and if you talk about SNSD...they surely is one of their successful artist...and SM well prepared for SNSD...

their member already know Chinese and Japanese..I think Sooyoung is the greatest in Japanese..and Hyoyeon in Chinese...

I think now DSP will let UMJ handle Kara..and I think after Kara debut in Japan...they gonna be super busy...

and I don't think they can came up with new album for the end of the year if they focus too much in Japan...

I think 50:50 is good...they can active in korea and Japan...but who knows..DSP and UMJ planned..??

just hope all the best for the girls....Mister gonna be a hit at Japan..!! remember that...haha~

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't come here since a while and tried to catch up all I missed but I have to admit I'm quite lost now lol.

At first, I was totally sure KARA would do great in Japan but with all those famouse japanese names you mentioned,

but now I really start to be anxious.

I don't think KARA could compete with japanses girl groups yet

because they are foreigners who will just enter to the big Japanese market.

For now I think, UMJ and DSP has to make a big impact if they want KARA to survive !

However, even if I know Mister was a hit, I still don't like this idea to take an old song for a first single.

To me, a really new song would be better and could make a bigger impact. To be honest, I just see Mister as a safe issue.

What KARA need yet is to be very well promoted in order to gain more fans and make people be curious.

In that way, when Mister will be released, single sell could do great.

About competition with other korean groups....4 minute can't compete with KARA

I mean, 4minute only debuted and didn't even has a solid fanbase in Korea. I think their japanese try was to fast.

DSP and UMJ takes time and It's not a bad strategy.

SNSD could be the competition but even so, I don't think we have to be affraid because SM tends to promote around Asia in general,

instead of focusing in a single country (except for Korea of course)

Moreover, even if DBSK are super popular in Japan, it takes them years to achieve it and look at what happened to CSJH

the first one is in conflict with SME and the other one disapeared, so I don't think SM really want SNSD to becomes like those two groups

Edited by Solin

About competition with other korean groups....4 minute can't compete with KARA

I mean, 4minute only debuted and didn't even has a solid fanbase in Korea. I think their japanese try was to fast.

DSP and UMJ takes time and It's not a bad strategy.

SNSD could be the competition but even so, I don't think we have to be affraid because SM tends to promote around Asia in general,

instead of focusing in a single country (except for Korea of course)

This is remind me of some history of girl idol group great war in Japan. :tongue:

About 3 years ago, while Morning Musume is the #1 idol group (even girls idol group isn't that popular at that time), and AKB48 is still a debutant.

Momusu was trying so hard to expand, they even add 2 member from China, held a concert in Shanghai and all out expanding.

While AKB48 do is making great music, great PV, building fanbase, just do all they can do step by step while being underestimated.

After 3 year, look who's on top now, and even the revival of girls idol group trend, all led by AKB48

Just to show you how serious AKB48 make their music and PV

the point is ... :sweatdrop:

Getting famous too fast or expanding too fast, won't do any good. Keeping own steady pace with certain target, while making great music, good promotion and building fanbase step by step, will make more unforgettable mark. Just like what Kara do from their debuting time until now in Korea.

I don't know much about SNSD, but I do agree 4minute's trying to expand to fast. And as the result, 4minute don't do that well in Japan.

Kara already have their own fanbase in Japan, thanks to Gekidan Hitori they even have been featured in Japan's variety show before they release a single. I believe Kara will do much better than 4minute. Just do it step by step and keep fighting ...

Momusu was trying so hard to expand, they even add 2 member from China, held a concert in Shanghai and all out expanding.

While AKB48 do is making great music, great PV, building fanbase, just do all they can do step by step while being underestimated.

After 3 year, look who's on top now, and even the revival of girls idol group trend, all led by AKB48

i guess this is also because MoMusu keeps on changing members. Although I do think they are slowly brining their game back. AKB48 is always in Akihabara (I think?) with three shows a day or something lol

I think the best charm of KARA will be that they have few members, which will allow the Japanese people to get to know them better.

If you look at Tohoshinki, it took them years to reach the top, so even if KARA starts slowly, it's okay.

i guess this is also because MoMusu keeps on changing members. Although I do think they are slowly brining their game back. AKB48 is always in Akihabara (I think?) with three shows a day or something lol

I already lost my hope for Momusu since Miki Fujimoto left the group. The one of the best singer and dancer and also bring sexiness to Momusu.

It's like if Nicole left Kara ... the image would never be the same.

If you look at Tohoshinki, it took them years to reach the top, so even if KARA starts slowly, it's okay.

Yup, just do it step by step, just hope they still releasing something in Korea while concentrate in Japan.

BTW, what are the girls doing right now? Isn't its time they start doing something new? :D

I already lost my hope for Momusu since Miki Fujimoto left the group. The one of the best singer and dancer and also bring sexiness to Momusu.

It's like if Nicole left Kara ... the image would never be the same.

Yup, just do it step by step, just hope they still releasing something in Korea while concentrate in Japan.

BTW, what are the girls doing right now? Isn't its time they start doing something new? :D

Wow first I really didn't get it when you lost your hope when Miki Fujimoto left the group but, the I understood it after you said Nicole leaving Kara. Thinking of it gives me the chills xD

Since this thread is about Kara's debut in Japan. Kara's not doing anything in Japan for now.[though they are just working hard on variety shows in korea and endorsing a bunch of stuff xD] But they will release the Sweet Muse DVD Collection

More info here--->here<---

^It says it includes Kara's adventures in Japan ^-^

I really wonder how UMJ is going to make Kara popular for the time being... And yeah, maybe Kara should slowly build up their populartiy... xD Just excited ^-^

I also noticed something while stalking the oricon chart.. There are a lot of UM artists on it. The #1 artist on the daily chart is also a UM artist. I think UM is probably the YG or the JYP of Japan.. xD

Edited by nerdxissa

Talk about oricon ... :lol:

Oricon Weekly Rankings

Artist: AAA

Single: Aitai Riyuu / Dream After Dream ~Yume Kara Sameta Yume~

Publisher: avex trax

Released: 2010.05.05

Sales: 45,710

# Artist Single Sales

2 ikimono-gakari Arigatou 44,642

3 Momoiro Clover Ikuze! Kaitou Shoujo 22,537

4 Sakamoto Fuyumi Mata Kimi ni Koishiteru / Asia no Kaizoku 19,193

5 HO-KAGO TEA TIME GO! GO! MANIAC 18,824

6 HO-KAGO TEA TIME Listen!! 16,260

7 Oshima Mai Mendokusai Aijou 11,768

8 BUMP OF CHICKEN Mahou no Ryouri ~Kimi Kara Kimi e~ 10,299

9 DOES Bakuchi Dancer 10,185

10 Hilcrhyme Daijoubu 7,333

Quite a weak week it is ...

Momoiro Clover (UM's Japan Idol Group) is debuting quite strong at #3

Oshima Mai, an ex AKB48 going solo ... also debuting at not a bad number ...

Next week, KAT-TUN is going strong with their single Going!

got 99k sales on first day

^

KAT-TUN get 99k on the 1st day..??

wow...amazing...Japan fans really2 love music...

btw...I think for now if Kara want to become popular...

they might need to release a good single....a single that can make as anime ost...

like Younha and BOA..if I'm not wrong they start in Japan..and their song get a chance to become an anime ost..

Younha for Bleach...and BOA for Inuyasha....I really2 hope they can sing a song for an anime...

One piece or Bleach would be great....

they might need to release a good single....a single that can make as anime ost...

like Younha and BOA..if I'm not wrong they start in Japan..and their song get a chance to become an anime ost..

Younha for Bleach...and BOA for Inuyasha....I really2 hope they can sing a song for an anime...

One piece or Bleach would be great....

ohh good idea.. since animes are a big hit in Japan, this would really be good... Tohoshinki released an anime song for One Piece before..

oh and BOA is from SM right?? if i'm not mistaken.. ~~she's popular there and is able to attend Music Station just like any other popular jpop artists...

ohh i have no idea about girl groups there anymore, so thanks for all who shared info about them.. atleast we could know the competition :)

It'd be great if Kara's song can be used as a tie-in for an anime or a drama or a tv show, anything! To get more exposure and gain more fans. Lots of Japanese artists gained fame through animes, especially the big-shot animes like Inuyasha, Conan, etc.

lol I love how we're pulling all those big names up, KAT-TUN, AKB, etc. They're among the few artists that can easily break 100K in the first week. Normally, imo, a sale more than 50k in the first week is already considered quite good.

Can I rant? YAYYY AAA GOT #1!! I was kinda surprised that the sales aren't higher though, since they collaborated with TK and everything and TK is like a legend. And KAT-TUN (my forever bias <3). Going is actually quite a weak single compared to their previous ones (maybe because Jin didn't participate), so the sales are actually quite low compared to their own standard. But compared to others yeah JE is unbeatable. I checked Oricon's album chart earlier today and Arashi's best album (that was released.. last summer) is still within the Top 10 position lol. Oh and I forgot to add that KAT-TUN is going to be appearing on Music Station yet again next week.. that makes 4 weeks in a row.

I was surprised Momoiro Clover got #3 though. O-O They weren't all that heavily promoted and the PV was meh. And they beat C-ute (first week sales wise). H!P is really dwindling down now ): I miss the Golden Era when Morning Musume was breaking the 1mil mark and everything. :) Smileage is going to debut soon.. I'll see what kind of sale they can rake up. Maybe around the same as Momoclo? Or less... :)

Yeah, i think if kara did songs for any anime OST, they would probably gain alot more fans. Totally agree with you about Going, didnt have that same strong feel. But one thing for sure is that Kara alrdy has fans in Japan who are into the whole K-wave, now they have to win over the Japanese who know nothing about korean music. They have to compete not only against popular Japanese girl groups,but also SNSD.(if they really are gonna debut in japan). But if Kara works hard, theres nth they cant achieve! :)

Talk about anime song, there isn't much idol group do the anime opening or ending.

I don't know much about shojo (girl) anime, but I'll try to list anime opening or ending by idol group that I know.

Buono! (Hello Project) - Kokoro no Tamago

Anime : Shugo Chara

This anime use Hello Project's Unit for almost all the opening and ending. It's more a shoujo Anime and not that popular

Watarirouka Hashiritai (AKB48 sub unit) - Kanpeki Gu~none

Anime : Fairy Tail

One of the rising Anime, same genre as Bleach, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist or Naruto

Idoling! - Sense Of Wonder

Anime : Fairy Tail

Team Dragon (AKB48 sub unit) - Kokoro no Hane

Anime : Dragon Ball Kai

Everyone must know this anime, a reproduced Dragon Ball Z for their 10th aniversary.

I don't think there are opening or ending for anime Bleach, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist or Naruto by an Idol Group, but I might be wrong ...

Kara could be the first one :thumbup:

Edited by eyeless

I agree ! An anime song would be a great exposure for KARA (I used to listen to J-pop because of anime OST)

Makes me think that KARA has already sung a song as the opening of Naruto but for Korea lol.

The most important yet is to build a good fanbase in Japan and to conquiert J-pop listener in general

After watching AKB48 videos, I think UMJ also have to make a good video for Mister if KARA wants to give a good first impression

...now I'm so curious about how UMJ will promote the girls : I just hope it will be better than their promotion for 4minute

I checked Oricon's album chart earlier today and Arashi's best album (that was released.. last summer) is still within the Top 10 position lol.

It's because Arashi are simply the best :thumbup:

I'm amazed by them ! They are together for 10 years and each time they release something, It does great in sells

I remember they got 3 singles in top 10 Oricon Year Chart last year !

For KARA, I just want to see Mister in the Top 10 Oricon Weekly Chart even if It's just for one week :lol:

If they could do it, so everything is possible in the future !

^

oh One Piece has..

Share the World by Tohoshinki.. not sure if it's the opening or ending, but it's either of the two :thumbup: i'm sure..

and Tegomass (JE sub unit of NEWS)

i forgot the title of the anime.. but it's the one where the guy is short, and the female is tall... and the loved each other..

lol sorry if im already off topic...

and don't ya think that Kara kinda look Japanese..? no? lol sorry if not *gets ready to be bricked* HEHEHE

^

^

Arashi actually got all 4 singles that they released that year in 2009 yearly single ranking Top 5..O_O

that was a huge achievement!

agree~ an anime song will be good exposure for KARA...

SS501 did it too...and it did contribute to their fanbase

I think since mostly the anime lover in Japan are male...it will be a great opportunity for KARA to expand their male fans ^^

Edited by hype8750

^

SS501 song been choosen for anime OST..??

what anime is that..?? need to know...haha~

yeah...Kara song choosen for anime OST is a great idea to make Kara more popular...

and it can contribute to their fanbase too...

anime being watch all over the world...Kara can get popular in that way too...

^

oh One Piece has..

Share the World by Tohoshinki.. not sure if it's the opening or ending, but it's either of the two :D i'm sure..

its an opening...that song is one of the best DBSK japanese song...

they rock one piece....lol

this is their performance for Share the world...jjang..!!

^

^

it's an ending theme for Blue Dragon( Dragon Ball manga-ka)

and actually this is their japan debut single ^^

if SS501 debut single can be use as an OST for an anime..

will Mister do the same? I hope so ^^

Edited by hype8750

^

owh...

Blue Dragon...

I watch this anime..but I end watching it at EP 1....

after that...I didn't able to conquer TV..so I missed all Blue dragon telecast time...T_T

kokoro..now I know..thnx for sharing...

Mister..?? if it can be an anime OST..that would be great...they can make more male fans at early stage ....

isn't that jjang...?? lol

its an opening...that song is one of the best DBSK japanese song...

they rock one piece....lol

this is their performance for Share the world...jjang..!!

Good song, should listen more to DBSK :gemadmire:

Beside anime, Japan's variety show should be interesting.

Japan's game show is famous for its hilarious, embarrassing and harsh punishment, no exception for girls idols.

How much an idol can be floured and pied? start counting ... :tongue:

I've never seen Kara's member being floured or pied during their game show, or I just need more reference ?

^

Before watching the video I thought it wasn't going to be much but then that's really wow. They even spanked her :gemadmire: Well... Seungyeon bungee jumped xD

I'm sure Kara can take that ^-^ maybe...

Japanese variety shows are quite different from Korean shows eh? XD I guess Korea is just much more conserved. Japanese game shows are hilarious. Some talk shows too. I used to watch Utaban with Momusu when Nakai and MM would bicker back and forth, it was so crazy lol.

Got this from H!O

From Hello!Online twitter (link is also there): 5/30 Music Japan all-idols episode: AKB48, Idoling!!!, Morning Musume and S/mileage, Tokyo Girls Style, Momoiro Clover, Vanilla Beans.

(女性アイドル大集合 アイドリング!!!/AKB48/スマイレージ/東京女子流/バニラビーンズ/モーニング娘。/ももいろクローバー)

Girl group special on Music Japan! Too bad Kara isn't gonna be on ): I guess this is for Japanese girl groups only. But this episode should be quite interesting for anyone who's planning on learning more about Japanese girl groups.

^

Wow ... that's a show I gotta watch, please put it here for any update about it ...

It never been featured on any variety show, not like in Korea, except AKB48 & Idoling! , 2 or more japan girls group has never been on one screen, CMIIW

Especially Momusu and AKB48 the arch rival, interesting enough because most of AKB48 members dreams is to join Momusu before.

Momusu on Utaban was always hilarious, Taka and Nakai are too funny :lol2:

I really hope someday Kara would compete with one of these Japan Girls group on a game show, they have to be ready for this.

Back to the show, sometimes the girls just do the punishment way to serious ... :)

KAT-TUN get 99k on the 1st day..??

wow...amazing...Japan fans really2 love music...

^this is low for KAT-TUN on the first day XD They usually sell around 120K on the first day, and 300K on the first week XD

I do hope that KARA won't neglect their Korean promotions when they're in Japan~

^I agree! This is like the fastest way to promote your song XD