17 31 28 24 24 21 23 *26 *2,772 73,426

18 45 ** 37 30 26 23 *38 *2,102 75,528

22 45 45 ** 29 11 14 *28 *2,664 78,192

13 29 27 24 22 14 18 *24 *3,257 81,449

** ** ** ** ** ** ** *42 *2,733 84,182

** ** ** ** ** ** ** *34 *2,291 86,473

I'm sure they're ready for Japan, but is Japan ready for them? -shot

this is actually a good question.

But, instead of SNSD (i can mention them right? it's not against the 7 rules :P).

I guess KARA is more accepted. Because aren't Japanese people like cute girls better?

I'll say, Kara is more suited to their taste (Japanese)

SNSD is more like AKB48 and than Moring Musume will fight against KARA.

I don't know the popularity chart of MoMu and AKB, but i think MoMu still owns right?

So, i guess Kara would sell good in Japan

Can't wait to see them in Japanese game-shows, etc. and maybe they can do a collab with Arashi?

wow.. this will be interesting. Maybe if they meet Gaki no Tsukai. It will be hilarious.

wait.. is gaki no tsukai still roll in japan? :lol:

Kara will success in Japan, we can see it from the first time they come to Japan, Japanese likes their song and always will :)

u bet they will do..

---------------

Oh.. btw..

hello guys (girls?).

Nice to meet u all.

I'm new here. just posting around till got 40 posts or so~ :P

horay.. my first post!

^Actually, AKB is THE group right now. Morning Musume's popularity right now isn't exactly doing so well in comparison to it's older days. Saying SNSD can compete with AKB while Kara competes with MM is actually more of a compliment to SNSD ^^;;

I don't think all Japanese will like a group simply for being "cute".

I think Kara's appeal is that it can attract all genders and ages. They bring something new and fresh (BUTT DANCE FTW) while maintaining the Jpop feel for it's audience. Even though Kara are sometimes referred to as "K-pop stars" in Japan, they're not really trying to act as K-pop stars but have a Jpop appeal. Which is why I'm positive that as times goes by Kara will be more known as a Jpop group than a "Kpop group singing Jpop".

That's why MR. is so great. It's so fresh and doesn't border over too cutesy or too sexy. The song is catchy without being too K-popish for the J-audience (not just Kpop fans, but a wider variety of people can enjoy it) and there's the Butt Dance (BUTT DANCE FTW)

I hope it reaches 100,000! Even if it's by next year... it's such a memorable song >.<

Edited by Biscuit

^Actually, AKB is THE group right now. Morning Musume's popularity right now isn't exactly doing so well in comparison to it's older days. Saying SNSD can compete with AKB while Kara competes with MM is actually more of a compliment to SNSD ^^;;

I don't think all Japanese will like a group simply for being "cute".

I think Kara's appeal is that it can attract all genders and ages. They bring something new and fresh (BUTT DANCE FTW) while maintaining the Jpop feel for it's audience. Even though Kara are sometimes referred to as "K-pop stars" in Japan, they're not really trying to act as K-pop stars but have a Jpop appeal. Which is why I'm positive that as times goes by Kara will be more known as a Jpop group than a "Kpop group singing Jpop".

That's why MR. is so great. It's so fresh and doesn't border over too cutesy or too sexy. The song is catchy without being too K-popish for the J-audience (not just Kpop fans, but a wider variety of people can enjoy it) and there's the Butt Dance (BUTT DANCE FTW)

I hope it reaches 100,000! Even if it's by next year... it's such a memorable song >.<

hmm.. so that's how it is for now.

I don't have any idea that AKB is on the roll nowadays

I always thought MoMu will always be The Group

Thanks for the out off topic info :P

:lol: lol, thanks and sorry for bring up an out off topic issue

anyway. about the akb = snsd, momu = kara, what i meant, Kara is like cute girl type (MoMu), Snsd is like woman-type (AKB)

I only see their (AKB) early debut though. so maybe it's not that valid :P

---------

I agreed about

I think Kara's appeal is that it can attract all genders and ages

They sure is.

I don't know why, but seeing them also make me feel somehow "refreshed".

(Seeing their face and dance)

now, I absolutely think that they will do well in japan.

I don't know much about j-pop or k-pop, or how they will be known latter on (as k-pop artist or j artist), but I'll say. They will absolutely sell quite well in most of ASIAN country, maybe even world wide.

(Maybe in some cases, it will only be a temporary hit or a cult-hit though :lol:)

What.. my AKB sensor is tickling .. :P

AKB's last single Beginner have sold around 900k. So competing with them is irrelevant for any Korean group. While Momusu are at the same league, and Kara or SNSD have sold better than them now.

I think AKB's idols are the cutest idol right now, they never on to woman type.

^

exactly, some fansites are still dreaming of comparing competitively their idols with heavenly akb48. heheh. seriously i never know who're akb48 but this thread has broadened my jpop knowledge & knowing that they are just as excited as our girls when they meet, i'm very pleased & at the same time cheer for them when they hit high sales. :)