Official Shimshimtapa Thread

ㅠㅠ gyul dj's last sstp ended.... it was such a emotional ending, gyul hold her tears for quite some time until her voice changed slightly but finally she broke down when listening to dong dj's speech for her, my heart broke too when i hear her sobbingㅠ in the end, gyul managed to stop crying and ended her last sstp with dong dj with a happy voice... still, i can't get over the fact gyul's sstp job has ended, anyway

GYURI NOONA 파이팅!사랑해요~~<3

gyul just made the "longest" speech in her career, i don't know how she managed to complete it..

i hope some video clips will be shared out by sstp, it was heartbreaking to hear the sobbing in the background..

if yesterday was bad, today is worst..

(shame on me, it's too late for me to realize the importance of sstp..

if you realize your mistake, there'll be second chance, isn't it?)

sstp2a.jpg

sstp2b.jpg

sstp2c.jpg

[c] sstp twitter

[tips] grainy@sbox

gyulk.jpg

[c] kare@kara-t

have you heard?

[c] 규리눈웃음@kara-t

너.. 들어봤니?

안 들어봤음.. 오늘 한 번 들어볼래?

내가 아는 그녀는, 한 동안, 매일 습관처럼 가던 곳을 가지 못하게 되었을 때가 있었대.

가고 싶은데 갈 수 없는 것도 힘들었지만,

그녀의 목소리를 기다리는 사람들과의 약속이었으니까..

가야만 했던 곳이기도 했거든.

그 곳에 있어야 할 시간에, 아무도 없는 집.. 방 안 구석에서..

조용히 귀를 기울이면, 익숙한 목소리들이 들려왔어.

그녀가 있을 때보다 몇 배나 더 애를 쓰는 그의 목소리,

여느 때와 변함없이 제 역할을 해주는 라디오 식구들의 목소리..

그들의 웃고 떠드는 소리에 그녀는,

얼마나 많이 울었는지 몰라.

같이 할 수 없어 미안했고, 혹.. 기다려 주지 않을까 두려웠거든.

물론 떠난 사람들도 있을 거야. 쓴 소리를 한 사람들도 많을 거고..

그런데, 다시 돌아가고 싶으니까 믿게 되더래.

그녀만큼이나, 돌아와 주길 바라는 누군가가.. 분명 있을 거라고 말야.

오랫동안 비워놓았던 자리에 다시 앉았을 때,

아무 말 없이 토닥토닥 반겨주었던 사람들에게 하고 싶은 말..

너도, 듣고 싶니..? 그럼, 우리.. 같이 들을까?

--지금도, 많이 미안합니다.

대신, 앞으로.. 오래오래 감사하겠습니다.

- 서울에서 박규리

M. Thank you / 넬

sstp30a.jpg

sstp30b.jpg

sstp30c.jpg

[c] imbc

i can't believe that this thread is going to end..

leaving one thing that you love is painful.

this time, Gyul is not just leaving this "DJ job" but also the people she have learned to love.

Kudos to Gyul for being a great DJ!

SSTP thank you for the love and patience that you have given to our goddess. may this radio show continue prosper.

i just hope that she'll have another opportunity to show the best of her.

Awww...im missing her already too much :crying: She's a really good DJ..I hope she will come back and do DJ someday ..We will always wait for you Gyul... :)

Listening to her every nights always ligtens my mood & makes my every day routine more enjoyable..im so glad to know such a DJ..I've always thought i starts to listen to her a lil bit too late :( Never knew I could be this sad :(

Anyway.I hope she keeps doing things that she loves as people says if one door closes ,then 10 more doors will be open for you :D Touch more people's hearts ..I know she has that kinda ability to....Fighting ..I hope this thread dont close thou ... :P

gyul.jpg

source

"second chance?"

i'm updated further if i can find any translated article on this.

KARA’s Gyuri cries as she wraps up her final episode of ‘Shimshimtapa’

On October 3rd, KARA‘s Gyuri officially wrapped up her DJ-ing activities on MBC FM‘s ‘Shimshimtapa‘.

Her overseas schedules with KARA led to a lot of absences, leading Gyuri to personally make the decision to depart from the show. Although it was her decision, she couldn’t hold back her tears as she wrapped up her final episode after a year and five months.

Gyuri stated, “Being a DJ is a precious position that I could never replace with anything else in my life. On my final day, all of our PDs, writers, and fixed guests all came together, which I heard was something that rarely happens. Thank you so much for always being there for me.”

She continued, “This radio show means more to me than just work. I think every morning, I’ll feel empty and out of place when I’m not in the radio booth like I’m meant to be. It will be hard to escape that feeling. If I receive another such opportunity, I’d love to return as a DJ. My dream is to work as a DJ for a long, long time, for over 20 years, and hopefully one day receive the Golden Mouth award.”

Gyuri will be starting her ‘200 Pound Beauty‘ musical in Osaka, Japan from October 8th.

allkpop

idk, activities in japan will only increase over time but maybe it's the musical performance (+ asian tour) that triggered the initiative. maybe after everything, gyul can be persuaded back, and hopefully sstp can wait the length for her.

Edited by red4summer

I'm really bummed that Gyuri's dj role is ending. SSTP was more than just a radio show, it was a little window into Gyuri's true self. No rehearsed lines, no crafty editing and no hackneyed scenarios. Just Gyuri at her most natural and relaxed state for 2 hours. You could simply tell by the cadence of her voice how much Gyuri loved being a radio host. There was a subtle enthusiasm from her that I never saw in any of her other activities before. I believe it's because she found a medium through which she both enjoyed and naturally excelled at. Gyuri's time on the radio has come to an end, but I know she'll be back.

I admit that I am saddened of her departure from SSTP. I must also confess some relief because of her current exhausted state. Her eyebags were scarier than usual and she must have not been sleeping for a long while and that scared me. I am so proud that Gyul knows her limits and is able to now make a sane decision on her health and on her group due to her leader role.

BUT, as many of you have mentioned, SSTP was the show when we could enjoy Goddess at her natural state. No artificial things, no make-up. A lot of improvisations, a lot of being herself. We could also see that this show, as she stated, was a coping strategy from daily stress. We could see that she loved the show and felt GOOD while on it and that is why I liked SSTP. It was a job, yes BUT it was also a break for her and we enjoy to see our goddess just candidly enjoying herself. Anyways, by losing SSTP, we lose seeing her weekly AND getting finally attention which at times is quite missed during KARA promotions (shows or tv appearances).

We all know that with her DJ skills, she'd get another job soon but we are also aware that it would take some time for that to occur especially with KARA's growing popularity. But I'll wait for it. My only concern now is, I hope that Gyuri will find a substitute coping strategy to deal with any burdens. If SSTP meant so much for her, I hope she'd introduce something else in her life that would allow her to be herself and to release her burden.

Edited by sarah09

• 1 month later...

Finally back here in KH.. Tuning in to SSTP now! Seems they called Gyul(a few secs only) after calling Hara awhile ago. Gyul's voice sound like she's sleeping.

she wasn't.. her voice was so rough..

apparently she hasn't recovered from vocal cord nodules..

the studio was shocked too.. sad..

[c] Zephyreanz

• 10 months later...

The place where GyulDJ was realized and it stuck with her! <3

So entertaining to hear her DJ-ing! Holds so much memories for all of us.

Sad to hear that she was leaving SSTP, we could see all the love and effort she brought into it but the crew gave her a good farewell and heartwarming to hear her speech amidst her tears. T.T

• 4 weeks later...

i'm sure she will be back permanently some day.. :)

66470906.jpg

19775867.jpg

95760361.jpg

87641522.jpg

12045892.jpg

63278632.jpg

56920615.jpg

57992488.jpg

40323498.jpg

23431363.jpg

[c] everkara

some short clips

[c] kotz321

i will update further when the official site has uploaded the pictures.

Edited by red4summer

• 4 months later...