[2010.05.08] Korea's No.1 Girl group will finally debut in Japan!

PremiumCoffee

20100508171608_08_400.jpg

May 8th (the Saturday), at the Grand Prince Hotel Akasaka, it was announced that 5 member girl group KARA, Korea's No.1, will finally debut in Japan. The members talked about their aspirations respectively.

Even before their debut, KARA was often introduced in the television and radio and also already become a topic.

They debuted in 2007, which has led to rapid hits instantaneously. Last year they released , "Mr.", the dance in which the hips swings from side to side with a suspenders outfit. The "butt dance" has become extremely popular among young people in Korea. With considerable popularity in Japan, they entered Japan this February and the tickets to their concert sold out immediately.

They held a press conference with all 5 members. Also a handshake meeting for the fans. About 4000 fans entered the venue waiting for their long-awaited Japanese debut.

The members learned Japanese and worked hard for their Japanese debut, each of them greeted in Japanese. Their debut song in Japan will be "Mr."

The leader Gyuri," It s a loved song in Korea, so we hope for the same love here in Japan." After the interviewing they had a performance of their song, dressed in their suspenders familiar to the ones in Korea, they showed off the "butt dance". Fans gathered in hall cheering loudly.

There was a large encouragement sent from the fans that got together. On May 9th, they will have their 'KARA JAPAN KICK OFF MEETING' in mark of the creation of their fan club. The debut release will be in the 2010 summer with Mr. Will their "butt dance" create another whirlwind in Japan?

Rusty Japanese. Tried my best :D

Translation:Genie@KARAHOLIC.com

Article Link:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for the translation! i was wondering why they put up an old pic....and then i looked and realized, wait, Ham and Cole have short and shorter hair!

Ahh their debut is going to be MIster? so Mister and Lupin will be on their debut album in July or Aug or they just mean for this? That's great, I think MIster will do very well to break into the market and then Lupin to follow up, so they can show all their charms. But I hope they have another concept too, although that would mean they'd be gone for a while? Second theory is that they will debut with Mister and then Lupin and then release a new album in September or October that will be dually promoted/released in Korea and Japan and maybe the rest of Asia through UMJ. The second option would make me really happy!!!! Hope to see more J-Kamilias here (and their own site of course) soon!!!

thanks premiumcoffee for this, confirming my wish.

i'm really excited & want to see the performance yesterday, hope it'll be posted somewhere soon.

well loved song in korea? incorrect gyul, it's all over the world. :D

i have no doubt that they will be successful in Japan

the respond they are getting is just amazing, miss their mister outfit and its back

thanks for sharing and translating this news

they are definitely no.1 in my heart

woo woo korea #1 wakakaka=DD

its nice seeing them perform mister in japan , which means, kara needs to reuse their

mister costume which i find its pretty plain, just changing colours

thanks for thanslating=DD

well they are the best girl group to debut in japan...well 4minute is kinda new so they arent that strongly based in korea...yet.

now im not sure which girl group to support lol

Well the japanese kamilias will get the chance to experience first hand the awesomeness of the "butt dance"!!! I can't wait to see fan cams of their promotions. I wonder if they did a japanese version of Mister or are they promoting it as is? Thanks for sharing PremiumCoffee. :)