[2010.05.09] KARA - to debut in Japan with "Mister"

aank1

qzlstw.jpg

After the released of 3rd mini album "Lupin", top 5-member Girl Group, KARA is set to hit on Japanese Music Industry officially on August.

Following the success of first showcase in Japan last February, KARA held a press conference with more than 200 journalists(reporters) on 8 May at Grand Prince Hotel, which they talked about their motivations, feelings on debut in Japan.

Leader Park Gyuri said "I've never thought to debut in Japan, not even ever dream about it" "I would love to appear on music program with Japanese singers like Arashi, Koda Kumi" "We'll work hard for new activities in Japan".

Han SeungYeon "I'm learning Japanese and recently I watched this japanese drama "Pride", I really like Kimura Takuya" Nicole said "We'll never forget how it all started, we'll work hard and please support us." All members were speaking fluent japanese which heated up the packed venue with over 2000 excited fans shouting and clapping hands.

At the end of the conference, KARA decided to debut in Japan with its hit song "MISTER" and the conference finished with KARA handshaked with fans and shared lots of joyful moments.

An avid KARA's fan, Japanese Comedian, Gekidan Hitori excitedly said "It's not even I'm the who will debut, but I'm as nervous as they are" "I'm so looking forward to seeing them in NHK" (meaning He can't wait to see their appearances on NHK-japanese TV)

Meanwhile, KARA's Japan Official Fan Club "KAMILIA JAPAN" (www.karaweb.jp), officially opened on 9 May. To celebrate this event, KARA JAPAN KICKOFF MEETING will take place at Yokohama, Minatomirai Hall.

Source: Naver

Translated by aank1 @ karaholic.com

Please to not take out without full credits

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kara is really taking off in the Asian music scene now! Japan is such a good market for singers and I hope Kara can represent the girl groups. Mister is a great song to start and I hope they make it on those music shows to show off the dance (or maybe that is a guilty pleasure). Thanks for the translations!

Wow the 5 members are all speaking Japanese fluently. I know Gyuri and Seungyeon are almost fluent in Feb on their showcase but the rest are just learning just to greet. Wow they learned fast. In just less than 3 months with their busy schedules Nicole, Hara and Jing are already fluent. They are good students of Jungmin then. Hope for their success in Japan and will be anticipating them to meet the Jpop artists that Gyuri mentioned and be in a show with them. Among Jpop I like Arashi.

I'm sure japan will love KARA as much as they loved the other K-pop groups like BigBang, TVXQ(DBSK), and recently debuted in japan 4Minute..

they truly deserved what they are achieving now, glad to see them so well-received in Japan

wish them all the best with their japan debut, cant wait for August to come

so excited about their next album

thanks for translating this

thanks aank1 for the translation.

i love reading what the girls said, it shows a lot on how much the girls are really looking & working forward to this japan test.

like gekidan hitori, all genuine fans out there are looking to their music programs & activities too.

kara jjang.

seems like a similar article to the previous one, hmmm

but who cares? It's Kara!

Go kara! Have fun in Japan!

second you. it's about kara going japan. :D

aww mister?that should get the fans over there to shake their bums off lol

oh well universal music japan always replace existing songs and just translate it to japanese...except big bang...

Wow even with their busy Lupin promo, they still managed to learnt some Japanese, thats show how hard worker they are...

Even i'm little surprised with Mister as their debut song in Japan, hopefully that song will rocking Japan like it did in Korea last year. i'm like Gekidan, i'm nervous too....

Thanks anky for sharing

An avid KARA's fan, Japanese Comedian, Gekidan Hitori excitedly said "It's not even I'm the who will debut, but I'm as nervous as they are" "I'm so looking forward to seeing them in NHK" (meaning He can't wait to see their appearances on NHK-japanese TV)

I love Gekidan Hitori for loving KARA

Again GOOD LUCK KARA

So it means there will be "MISTER MV"?

Can't wait

This article talks about their debut song in Japan.. not everyone is as in touch with KARA's activities and gets their info from articles :)

I love what Nicole said.. how it all started.. the moments before the storm :).. I hope what Gyuri says come true .. Gekidan Hitori must be so excited he also sent those flower Congrats things to KARA as well..

thanks Anky :)

All the girls are fluent in japanese? I know Gyuri and Seungyeon are but the other three must have improved a lot,I'm glad to know. I'm hoping that they would be invited on Arashi show Arashi ni Shiyagare. It would be great to see how they interact with each other and it would definitely boost the girls popularity. Why am I not even surprise that Hitori san is there! :D Thanks for translating and sharing aank1.