[2010.05.11][..ing Japan TV] KARA Japan Handshake event, 4000 lucky Japanese fans.

aank1

30keky1.jpg

On 8 May, KARA held press conference in regards to their debut in Japan as well as handshakes event at Grand Prince Hotel, Akasaka, Tokyo.

This handshakes event is especially to those who have purchased Japanese Special Premium Box that was released in Japan.

Inside the Special Premium Box, there are information about the handshakes event. Anyone who purchased is eligible to come to the venue and participate at the event.

Before the handshake event, press conference was held from 2PM. Over 100 reporters from various media attended the press conference. During the past week, Internet and various media sources such as Asahi News and Sankei Sports News have also been covering news about KARA.

Amongst them, a reporter from one of Japanese most popular media JJ (women magazine) also attended the event. JJ (http://jj-jj.net/) is a popular magazine focusing on women

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for translating!!

I'm really glad Japanese people liked our Kara.

Those comments are so overwhelming.

(Well, the butt is dance is MORE.. overwhelming..)

HAHAHAHA.

Seungyeon with the short hair butt dancing..O_O

Thanks again! :D

glad to read kara is attracting fans of all ages & both sexes of (almost) equal share.

those fans are the one who chose to spend big just to get the chance to meet the girls.

their supports shown & comments speak for all kamilia.

no matter where kara goes, there're kamilia.

so that's jj, hope she is able to help with what she saw/heard.

the girls need every bit of external helps into the japan mega market.

thanks to ss501 too, for promoting the girls unconditionally.

& thank you so much for this, aank1.

Thks alot for the translation!!!

I was surprise tat there were alot of jap fans supporting KARA!

But also, i do really hope tat KARA will be known around the world! XD

Btw,i've gt the invitation letter too! XD

N remember, it's always nicole XD

Thnx anky for your hardwork translating this news... :)

Kara handshake event went really2 well...

this is a great chance for promoting Kara in Japan...through JJ...woot...great oppurtunity for Kara...

wow...Gyuri help other member with her japanese...true leader..and Gyuri japanese improving...

hope other member can improve it in the mean time...and can't wait for Mister debut...

hope they can get into top 10 in the oricon chart...that will make a good result for Kara..

Kara have variety of fans...thats a good news...and really2 hope they can win all Japan female high school fans...

Japanese cosplayer jjang..!! love all of them...

and again..Thnx for translating the news anky.. :)

wow anky!!

a great article!!

quite long one and lots of pics..

thx a lot for ur effort..

it's really nice to read the news..

kara really dominating in japan..

the welcome was warm, and we can be sure they will be vey succeed there..

and i'm happy the fans are came from all gender and all age.. :)

looks like their japanese have improved well too..

and nice to see how they are saying SS501 promoting kara too :)

i saw there are lots of female fans, its great to see the bond of DSP family trying to promote each other

they are gonna be very successful in Japan no doubt about it

thanks for translating this article

thanks for translating the articles ^^

i'm so proud of KARA that they try their hardest to speak japanese...

good job to Gyuri who truly act as leader!! *love gyuri goddess*

and i'm really overwhelmed with the japanese fans response...

they really have a lots of female fans...and ajumma fans too~

i'm sure that they fall in love ther cuteness & charm ^^

bet that the ahjumma fans want them to be their daughter-in-law XDD

and yeah!! for the dsp love <3

Edited by hype8750

Woah this is a long one :)

Like how they say 4000 lucky fans~ Coz they really are lucky!

Wonder if there is gonna be any chance like this for me to shake their hands :)

I'm sure fans had a great time :P

Thank you so much for translating this! It's pretty long! Thanks for your hard work! and you even translated the captions ><

I want to shake hands with Kara too!!!!!

Before I start my rant below, haha I have to say this. Gyuri is a wonderful leader. She's always caring for her members, taking the lead while letting the members have the spotlight, but just always there to pull through. Ham, Cole, Hara and Jing are like the hands and legs, working and each bringing Kara to another level. Gyul is the heart. Her efforts and dedication lets each part go further.

I've said this so many times, but I'm so happy Kara is off to a good start (of course I still have my worries, see the Japan debut note), but with more and more news, the better I feel about this. And I'm so glad that they have lots of female fans. Not that I don't like male fans, but it's just that sometimes ppl undermine Kara's talents by saying they're cute and suit the market bla bla bla. (There were ppl saying that 4minute would attract the female fans, while Kara attracts the male, which is completely untrue and seen on Karaholic too.) No, they are talented and they work hard and are very genuine girls. Being tough doesn't mean everything you sing about needs to be "i'm at the top, you're not, so get out of here, i can stand on my own...".

I did hope for a new song, but I really do like Mister because it's a song with great impact and good to introduce Kara to ppl who don't know about them yet. And it will appeal to fan boys, girls, older women because its about what a girl growing up is thinking about a crush. And then Lupin would be the perfect, more grown up follow up song. And of course something new ><.

Anyway, I love the pic with the little girl in pigtails carried by her Dad in the pic. Don't know if she's a fan, but it's like, Kara is even approved by mom and dad....reminds me of Kara performing Pretty Girl at one of the shows and lots of girls were following along singing about how every girl can be pretty >< kekeke. And then still be charismatic with Lupin and doing a cover of Again and Again.

Gosh...i love this article, its quite give insight on how their handshaking meeting going...and true that KaRa appealed to variety of age and gender...hope that JJ give good review about them too. I used to think that ss501 never really try to promote their dongsaeng, but apparently they did it, in a foreign land also...DSP line rock! Really looking forward for their Japan activities..

Thanks a lot anky for the effort to translate this quite long article...

ohh i saw the vid of this event in youtube.. and they were really doing their best here.. and Hara's speeches are kinda long... she looks like she knows Japanese... and good job to Gyuri, so she knows Japanese, that's why she's so good...

thanks for sharing..

goodluck to Kara in Japan!!!

I would love to see Kara in JJ!!!! ^-^ AHH!!! I hope Kara is more popular than 4minute ^-^" hehe. Sorry I'm just really competitive.

I saw them talking in Japanese and I could tell they were having a hard time. I hope they improve ^-^

Gyuri is destined to be Kara's leader. xD lol. I'm glad that younger fans like them too ^-^ Cuz then it'll be the parent's money buying more than one of Kara's album!! xD lol. But, I really wish that Mister will be #1 on the Oricon Chart when it comes out xD lol...

I can't wait 4 months TT^TT wahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my wish for now:

I hope they get on JJ magazine!!!!

So much love from the J fan :(

the Korean wave is so big :(

wish i was there...

when will they debut in South east Asia?

how nice if it were to happen.

Yah ~ whoo, of course this event went smoothly with no disappointment. I would die to shake their hands (:

That's no surprise that there are more female fans then male fans. It's no problem really. As long as they have fans,

I'm happy for them! Hope to hear more about their time in Japan. Thanks!