[Haradoll] Popular Misconceptions About Hara

soybean

Okay, so first off, I got this idea from mae/chopsuey from Nicole/Seungyeon's misconceptions. Now it's time for Hara. Okay so there are a lot of misconceptions about Hara.

1. Goo Hara is plastic. (took some ideas from >>hello! joss<<.)

2. She doesn't do anything in the band.

3. She's introverted.

4. Goo Hara is skinny, so she doesn't eat. (credit: LovHaraNJaeB)

5. She can't dance. (took some ideas from >>hello! joss<<.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Goo Hara is plastic.

Okay, this is probably the most common misconception about Hara. Everyone thinks Hara is plastic just because of her big eyes. The truth is, Hara already had double eye-lid to start off with, but DSP wanted to make them a little prettier so she got a minor change in her double eye-lids. Also, she got a minor botox shot on her nose and got her teeth fixed. That's all, everything else is 100% REAL.

A lot of people think Hara doesn't do anything in the band and thinks that she's just the "pretty face" of the group because she only gets 1-2 lines per song. Well actually, she does a lot for the band. She might not have the most lines in a song, but she's the main dancer, alongside with Nicole. Her dancing is extremely powerful and can blow you away.

3. She's introverted.

Lots of people judge Hara as the "quiet girl" because she appears to be calm during performances. Actually, she just appears to be quiet but in reality, she's really outgoing and carefree. Also, Hara's known for being the "dork" because of her hilarious acts in Variety shows.

4. Goo Hara is skinny, so she doesn't eat.

Many people think that Hara doesn't eat because she's as skinny as a twig. Actually, Hara eats a lot but never gains weight. Kara members have expressed their jealousy for Hara's fast metabolism.

5. She can't dance.

Click here to read more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys understand Hara more now ! Anyways, if any of you guys have any more misconceptions, please leave them in the comment and I may put yours up.

http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6880&view=findpost&p=241953

• Like 1

another one: Goo Hara is so skinny, she doesnt eat.

No, in fact Hara eats a lot. In alot of article Kara members expressed that they are jealous of Hara's figure because she eats and eats but never gains any. (: so jealous of her.

Oh yeah !

Haha, alright I'll put yours up with credit ^^

None of that really did bother me since I don't really pay attention to what others think.

The only thing I hear most is that she's skinny and I used to think she didn't eat food but I heard she likes to eat

but her metabolism gets in the way.

Wish I still had fast metabolism.

~in their episode of Taxi,, other Kara members say that Goo Hara tries to be chubbier, but she just CAN'T.. haha! so who knows Hara better, you or they? so believe them, and don't believe this :)

Okay, so first off, I got this idea from mae/chopsuey from Nicole/Seungyeon's misconceptions. Now it's time for Hara. Okay so there are a lot of misconceptions about Hara.

1. Goo Hara is plastic.

3. She's introverted.

Honestly, I didn't want to be the 1st person to start this topic..why?

Because I know I'll go off trying to be really specific...but since you made it..I can't hold myself.

1. Goo Hara is plastic.

This girl ain't plastic at all. If you check the before pictures, she still looks exactly the same.

I hate how people who don't even know her assume that she is.

Since you mentioned the eyelid dilemma I'll explain the rest.

She did mention she got an injection at her nose..

but it was only once and it was a botox.

I asked my friend's dad, whom is a doctor, what was Hara talking about..

& that's the only thing that could be done

without having to go under the knife.

SO THAT MEANS SHE DID NOT GET ANY RHINOPLASTY!

What is rhynoplasty? aka nose job; reshaping of the nose.

She had her front teeth fixed though which is considered, cosmetic dentistry.

What is cosmetic dentistry? Dental work that improves the appearance and function of a person's teeth

She had bunny teeth in the beginning.

That's it. So she's NOT PLASTIC, which is done from head to toe.

She did not have anything added or reduced from her body.

ALL NATURAL.

HARA STILL LOOKS THE SAME. MAKE-UP REALLY MAKES HER APPEARANCE MORE BOLDER.

ONCE HER MAKE-UP IS REMOVED...BANG! SHE'S STILL THE SAME OLD HARA THAT WE KNOW YET

MORE PALE SINCE SHE'S FAIR SKINNED. JUST COMPARE THE BEFORE PICTURES WHEN SHE'S NOT WEARING MAKE-UP.

STILL THE SAME GIRL. PROPS TO THE MAKE-UP ARTISTS THAT MAKE HER EYES LOOK ASTONISHING&BIG. THAT

MY FRIENDS IS THE POWER OR MAKE-UP. (:

When Jing&Hara came in, their fanbase increased. Didn't it?

Kara's leader Park Gyuri(20) tells us laughingly that "Maknae Kang Ji Young(14) who turned into a 3rd year junior high student this summer, and Ku Hara(17) who joined the group this year helped them get new fans, especially oppa(older brother), unni(older sister), uncle & soldiers fans."
full article

3. She's introverted.

We know that sometimes she could be quiet&shy but it's usually when someone older than her is talking and doesn't want to interrupt...

BUT HECK this girl is such a DORK. I'm glad that she shows her true self a lot on IY.

"She was really shy at first, but because of appearances in variety programs,

it seems like she found herself, and now she looks comfortable with herself.

-Nicole (IY; talks about Hara)

The members confirmed our guess: the girl looks very sweet, but her personality..." Now that we're getting to know her, we're starting to see that she's quite different from before, she can really get you wound up and then make you laugh again." And another point that the members agreed, her aegyo is incomparable. "As to Koo-style aegyo...there really is nothing to say..."
full article

To those who have been around since Hara&Jing's debut, would know that this girl loves playing around during the interviews with her members.

We never got to see her full dorky personality that was mention so on by the other members...but now thanks to the show, INVINCIBLE YOUTH, we get to see it for ourselves. (:

Lol. I love this one since it's so funny how people are like 'OMG, she's so skinny is she sick?'

'Is she anorexic?' Hara's high metabolism is something everyone wishes that they had.

I've been following KARA since she joined the group. Of course, I'm working on making a thread about this.

Why? to prove to you non-believers that Hara is a food lover and eats all the time.

The members just like herself, have mention tons of times that this girl can eat a lot yet not gain weight at all.

There is way too many articles mentioning this. Of course, Nicole even purposely over feeds her to make her gain weight.lol.

Taken from TAXI.

Q: What do you want to steal from the other members?

Seungyeon, "Her metabolism.Even if she eats & eats, she doesn't gain any weight."

Jing, "She's trying to gain weight..But can't"

Cole, "I get jealous..So at times, I purposely feed her more."

Wanna what the episode?:

"...OMG wow I tell u HARA is wow!

Shes not skinny like what netizens say.

She is so cute tiny petite omg pretty much all of KARA are cute,

petite so pretty flawless?"

-RON(LUPANG) read the full KMF Experience here.

☆5. She can't dance.

Gawd, I hate this one the most. Okay, I know that she came late and joined KARA but this girl got skills.

I felled in love with her dancing during the Hyori performance from `08. She's skilled for sure but I hate it how DSP won't let her show her dancing skills. She loves hip-hop..come on we are talking about the girl who went to the same school performance with Seungri&Minji.

Everyone thinks that it's only Cole who can dance. Yes, i brought it up. Hara & SY got their power dance waiting to be burst.

As soon as the music starts, Hara can deliver you a great performance..NOT just one type of dance but she actually goes with the flow.

That's what I like about her. Dancing&Acting are her passion.She went to school for it. I'm still waiting for her to get her spotlight and get ready to prove to us that she's damn ready to blow your minds with her wicked dancing skills, yo.

• Like 1

haahha. joss, no wonder you said you were holding back not to start this topic.

you stated with facts, spoke really well for all the haraholics here.

wanted to share mine but after reading yours, i have absolutely nothing left.

what a good "rant" here. lol.

The misconceptions about

1. She doesn't do anything in the band

Many ppl would normally have this misconception since she is given barely 2 or more lines in a song and most only assume that she was just as a face (Pretty face) in KARA

This does really makes me uneasy since she has a very unique and soothing singing voice

I first get to know about KARA was during 'Rock U' time and honestly Hara was the only member that I can remember and recognize her voice back then. In fact, during that time she was the only member that I'm interested to know more and was the reason that pull me into KARA

I barely even know KARA at that time and when I listen to 'Rock U' I was disappointed that she sang very little lines

Even now she's doesn't receive many chances/lines on a song (I absolutely dislike it that she receive too little lines on Lupin...sometimes i think it's not even a line cause she only have the chance to say 'It's mine')

Hara for me is a low chord singer. She may not go to a high pitching singing notes but when she sang on a low note...it's soothing and lovely

Did you listen when KARA sang Boa's 'My Name'? Her voice is superb! I too love her singing on 'Lonely'

I wish that DSP or the song producers give her more lines. How can you improve on your singing skills when you're given few lines in a song

Sometimes I find myself worried that it will affect her singing confidence since she might probably aware of her role in a song

As a fan, I would love to hear her singing more

DSP please pay more attention to their vocal lessons

Hara's too does really a good on gaining popularity and fans for KARA

I am not sure about how would others think but her becoming a member of G7 really help to boost KARA's fan base and popularity

She's like an accelerator pedal for KARA's popularity

My family and friends are a fan of hers and KARA ever since her participation on IY

They got to know about Hara then the 'Butt' dance then KARA

'Mister' does make them more known to public but from my opinion, if you notice during end of 2009 (somewhere beginning early November) KARA received more attention to public eyes and media. This was when IY started filming

Since then, KARA is one of the highly anticipated comeback for 2010

2. She's introverted

I'm glad that she's on IY as more people can get to see her comfortable self

It true that during her debut (early days) on KARA she tends to be the quiet / shy member on screen but this is expected since she just beginning to make herself comfortable with the new environment and I think she was just being careful to what she says and act on screen

Now you can that she's a funny, cool, fully of strength and wacky person and as I said before, IY does help her to be more comfortable of herself on screen

From my opinion, Hara is not the type that always act too bubbly and cutesy

I mean she does act cute but I like her that she's more cool, sporting, honest and free spirited person

If you watch the first episode of HAHAMong Show, there's one part when she shaved Seulong's beard where she make an expression to ask him to bring up his 'mustache area' so that she can properly shave it. Not may idols would do that expression on screen

On IY's episode 27 (if I'm correct) when the members come back drenched after they gone fishing, Hara sat besides the bonfire, take a small towel and just wrap it around her head and started clapping enjoying the village singing

This act not many idols would love to do

Hara does take care of her image but she maintains it to a level where she still can be herself

I hope that my comments does not bring discomfort to others

No harm wished here

Just take it as an opinion and thoughts of a fan that care and support her

Hara is a cool, funny and enjoyable person

Hope others that have those misconceptions will realize of Hara's good and hilarious nature

@☆ѕтαяℓιgнт.

Wow, you are good ... :)

I just like to comment about her dance skill.

Nicole said to be the best dancer in Kara, well Nicole is all about talent, she's born to dance, but if we talk about skill, Hara is ahead.

Nicole don't have enough move variation, it shown if she has to dance spontaneously. Hara got more moves, as she can do many dance type, dance is not just about hip hop.

Hara got more inside than her looks, She's rather cool than cute in my mind.

Edited by eyeless

I'll be back to edit but for now I want to clear something up about this...

Hara's high metabolism is because she's skinny but, I remember hearing somewhere, I think it was on IY that she also has thin bones. So it's cuz of her high metabolism and her fragile skinny bones. Wahh so jealous of her cuz she doesn't gain any weight xD >w<

@☆ѕтαяℓιgнт.

Wow, you are good ... :D

I just like to comment about her dance skill.

Nicole said to be the best dancer in Kara, well Nicole is all about talent, she's born to dance, but if we talk about skill, Hara is ahead.

Nicole don't have enough move variation, it shown if she has to dance spontaneously. Hara got more moves, as she can do many dance type, dance is not just about hip hop.

Hara got more inside than her looks, She's rather cool than cute in my mind.

AMEN TO THAT! lol. She doesn't seem like the girl that is into Hip-hop that's why I typed that in.

She actually knows good music when it comes to dancing...If I remember correctly, on MNET RADIO(?)

she was prepared to dance & you could check some of her moves but she was like, 'what up with this music...it's so sad(or something like that)'

haha. Even though her dance moves went along with the beat of the music..if you noticed, she was actually trying to find the rhythm before she showed us her moves. Love how she studied the music then went with the flow. A PRO!

1. Goo Hara is plastic. (took some ideas from ☆ѕтαяℓιgнт.)

I have to admit that my first impression of Hara was that she's just a pretty face.. and i couldn't have been more wrong!

i find myself becoming more and more fond of Hara the more i learn about her. i love that she has this hidden depth to her that you only notice if you really look.

I originally posted this vid in another thread but it's definitely better suited here...

make sure you turn on the captions for subs. (skip to 6:00 for Hara's psychoanalysis)

Edited by shaunman

@☆ѕтαяℓιgнт. you are right

I get angry because I can not imagine why people can hate someone like her..

some people become anti without getting to know her...

I mean .. she never said anything about this .... that means she does not take them importance to these comments

(I think is the best thing she can do)

If they would give it a chance, I think they would change their minds in one second

Lol... If anyone actually bothers watching Invincible Youth, they'd already know that the "Hara is introverted" thing is busted. Invincible Youth really brings out Hara's already active side as the one-half of the "Immature Sisters" with Hyun-a.

Love her immature jokes... But love her dance more ;D

She actually knows good music when it comes to dancing...If I remember correctly, on MNET RADIO(?)

she was prepared to dance & you could check some of her moves but she was like, 'what up with this music...it's so sad(or something like that)'

haha. Even though her dance moves went along with the beat of the music..if you noticed, she was actually trying to find the rhythm before she showed us her moves. Love how she studied the music then went with the flow. A PRO!

Yes, I remember that show, you are right it's MNet Radio.

She hadn't started her dance yet when the music stop, she kinda tried to feel the music first.

And her performance on shall we dance was really beautiful

Joss basically said everything I wanted to say so this will be my contribution to this topic.

She can't dance.

It's not that she can't, it's just that she doesn't get much credit as a dancer and she doesn't get a lot of opportunities to showcase her abilities. I mean, it's not like she went to dance school (?) for nothing, right? And Hara's fans know this. And the fact that Nicole has already made a well known reputation of being the dancer in Kara doesn't do her (Hara) a lot of goods. And like Joss stated in her previous post, she knows good music. She has a talent, but people don't recognize that.

• 2 weeks later...

YEP I AGREE THERES SO MANY MISCONCEPTIONS ABT HARA!!!!!

its really sad, i think......

and, i think, this is the most popular one: 'Hara cant sing'.

whenever i see this, i think: how can u say this??? hara CAN sing, ok???

i admit that hara's voice isnt very strong, but its very lovely to hear.

and some ppl even say that she cant keep on the note.

thats not very true, actually.

i've seen a decent amount of kara vids and hara CAN keep on the note all right.

hara rarely goes off tune.

and the second most popular?

PLASTIC SURGERY.

u know, i think netizens - ESPECIALLY KOREAN ONES - are being extremely unreasonable.

even the slightest adjustment is also categorised under 'plastic surgery'.

personally, i think they should know abt plastic surgery better than most of us

and yet the tiniest thing is automatically labelled as 'plastic'.

hara admitted that she had did something to her eyes and nose

but personally, i dont think thats considered plastic surgery.

plastic surgery means that the person in question will have to undergo a surgery and under the knife.

hara's was just injecting some stuff into the skin, THATS ALL.

so in my opinion, hara's not plastic.

and everything else is natural so surely hara doesnt have to be bashed for such a minor thing???

plus its not like shes entirely recognisable from her pre-debut pics,

in fact, its really easy to identify her.

AND THE WORST MISCONCEPTION:

HARA CANT DANCE.

this is the 'worst' bcos i bet ANYTHING in this world that this is completely untrue.

hara CAN dance.

in fact, she and nicole are kara's best dancers!!!

i get quite pissed when i read such comments.

and when ppl try to rank kara's members in terms of dancing, more often than not,

you'll spot them having trouble to decide whether hara or nicole is better so they will put #1: Hara/Nicole or something like that

bcos hara's simply awesome. (of course nicole's awesome too, pls dont misunderstand me)

and i think she still has A LOT of potential and talent to show us, just that she doesnt have the chance to.

so hopefully, in the days to come, she can show us everything she's got :eyelove:

Edited by MizuiroKaze13