KARA's Sweet Melody spazz thread

yuda

^ maybe that urakara ost is the B side or something? it means they wont (or rarely) perform it. lol idk. :whistling:

i cant imagine kara on stage singing ballad as their main single though. they're idol and choreo is critical.

I, for one, would LOVE to see Ima Okuritai Arigatou being promoted as the main single, i.e. A-side. Idols don't always need to rely on catchy choreographies. Whatever happened to good music just being good music? KARA are idols, but that doesn't mean they can't promote ballads. Other idol groups have successfully promoted ballads before - AKB48's huge jump in sales started with Sakura no Shiori, a ballad. Besides, IOA is a drama tie-in --> more exposure.

So we're getting a Korean ballad as well? This is like a dream come true. :wub:

^ uh huh true. i'd like to see them performing ballad too. (who doesnt? :P)

but if that song is the main single, leaked 2 months early is a common thing too in Japan?

Technically it's not leaked lol. It's a drama theme song, so of course you'll hear it a few months in advance as the drama is airing. Drama tie-in singles are usually released as the drama is wrapping up, so 2 months seems just right because there are 12 episodes to Urakara. And remember that the previews to Jumping came out pretty early too. You have to shift your mind from the Korean music scene to the Japanese music scene, haha. Because this is how it works in Japan. :P

i am REALLY lost when you guys say A-side and B-side. LOL!

what does that even mean?

Here are the definitions again, from the good ol' Mister thread:

@stevenstanley

For this single, Mister is the A-side and Umbrella is the B-side. Think of the A-side as the main song that's being promoted and the B-side as an accompanying song to juice up the single.

An A-side is the promotional song on a single (in this case it would be Mister) and this song would be the song promoted on music shows, special lives and etc. A B-side is usually a song that isn't anticipated to be as popular (in this case it would be Umbrella), and the artist wouldn't usually perform this song on shows or anything but it is considered part of the single. :lol:

Edit: This time xchigo got it first :sweatdrop:

any korean translator can confirm what is the title song for their korean ballad? "I'll write you a letter"?

i found a pre debut video of sunghee singing park jung hyun's song, "I'll write you a letter".

coincidence?

this is just my wild imagination lol but i think they will resing the song. since kim hyung suk is a composer, it makes sense.

mediabox hit me

1 more i'll write you a letter by kim sunghee

^ this is kara's first (really2 first) interview if im not mistaken. MTV Sunny Side.

if my speculation is right than i am a very superb paranormal this is................an awesome destiny :P.

the song itself is VERY VERY good. (google it, lena park - i'll write you a letter, wouldnt hurt you to dl it. :P)

if you want to hear one of his song, feat lyn. again, a very good ballad.

Edited by stevenstanley

The ost for drama song is nice too^^

Oh!! I really wish to hear Kara's ballad songs!!!

"..ing" is one of my favourites

Excited to hear >> the release date for the album "김형석 With Friends Part.1" is on 13 Jan 2011!!!!!!

Kim Hyung Suk is the producer who works with IU for her current album, am i right?

Note: There is description of the CD here

http://cd.melon.com/cd/detail.php?code=A0469454

Btw, if it's not new song, this vid should give you idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpDaPHemcSA

Edited by tartetee

YESSSS! New ballad song!! I'm craving for a new ballad song from KARA! LOL But, are you sure KARA new song is a ballad song? Because in that picture they write BALLAD/DANCE? It's could be a dance/pop rock song too...

Whatever it is, I can't wait for KARA new song!! :thumbup:

^

yea, is a lovely song

we shall see how kara ver turn out to be, i expect it to be another "gil",

i know the gals wouldn't disappoint us for sure for ballad

btw, these r the gals new year greeting for kamilia from sendvoice ^_^

ham stickman drawing AGAIN :lol: :lol: :lol:

pnAMz.gif

tYAfM.gif

04Pdl.gif

qPjCV.gif

nQQfA.gif

credit: dc & as tagged

^ wow!! can anybody translate this?? :sweatdrop:

and LOL @ ham's stickmans (so cuuute~) - the other girls should have included some drawings too :)

you know, im so glad that kara's finally doing some serious promotions for their ballads. it's a great way to show the japanese market (and the rest of the world) that kara's songs dont just comprise of catchy tunes but rather the true definition of sweet melodies. plus i cant wait to listen to kara's awesome vocals live again so im all up for it :3

btw I'll Write You A Letter is an amazing song. so i think dsp's smart to let them cover this song - good choice!! and btw regarding this ballad, will it be promoted?? cant wait to see how it'll do on music charts xD

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

^^ Oh yes Korean fans were a bit surprised at DSP letting KARA do a ballad song and it being the title for the album.. is this a good sign from DSP? lol

stevenstanley, haha thanks for posting the Sunghee vid.. I realized after 2 listens to Lena Park's version that I swore I heard that song before and that I thought a Kara member sang it then yea remembered it was Sunghee and I was a bit freaked out by it too XD hah.

I hv to agree with MizuiroKaze13,

I'll Write You A Letter is a nice song and quite difficult in terms on to sing it with the right melody and harmony. DSP made a good choice this time :D

I'm confident our girls will cover it nicely :thumbup1:

Apart from Sunghee, Cole has also once covered Lena Park's Secret. Although she sounded a bit shaky back then, I'm pretty sure Cole wil ace it this time :wub:

I love the fact that Kara is chosen to contribute to this album coz it'll allow our girls to show ppl that they can actually sing and that they're not limited to cutesy / hook songs :angry:

you know, im so glad that kara's finally doing some serious promotions for their ballads. it's a great way to show the japanese market (and the rest of the world) that kara's songs dont just comprise of catchy tunes but rather the true definition of sweet melodies. plus i cant wait to listen to kara's awesome vocals live again so im all up for it :3

btw I'll Write You A Letter is an amazing song. so i think dsp's smart to let them cover this song - good choice!! and btw regarding this ballad, will it be promoted?? cant wait to see how it'll do on music charts xD

Kara has been doing really good digitally on the weekly and monthly charts , hoping jumping can get platinum in the future.

http://recochoku.jp/recochoku_ranking/weekly_index.html

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

wow, only 1 day away and we can hear the girls' new ballad song. I can't wait for I'll Write You a Letter >w<

UraKARA OST in March? It's a lot longer than I expected -_-

personally i think the timing's just about right because it gives UMJ time to build hype for the song first. it's just a promotional strategy so yea :)

according to THIS article KARA is one of the recipient for Minister of Culture Award (?) and the ceremony will be held on 13th ... :confused1: {could someone clarify this :tongue: )...if its true, Congrats for another recognition this year :thumbup:

really excited waiting for Urakara and the new single, i just listen to the original version from Lena Park and really excited guessing who's gonna sing which part ^_^

I am listening to it for the first time right now!!!!!! and so far. I'm lovin it!!!!!!

my laptop crashed when I tried to play the song at first, and that has always been a sign of epicness! :D

Thanks for the video, Steven