KARA's Sweet Melody spazz thread

yuda

thanks neris, any special stage with hyori was just awesome because she was so beautiful.

(so i wasn't really into their performance. lol.)

During Break It Days they focused a lot on vocals. Now a days they focus on concepts more.

was it? if so, did it make you wonder that it was that reason that kara4 was unable to make the breakthrough?

besides the promotional factor & its intensity, sometimes it's about doing what the majority wants.

going against the then trend might be the cause.

i really used to come to this thread more often as it was right next to the release threads.... So right after i spazz there I come over here..

Anyway.. congrats to KARA for another #1 on oricon...

xLDQJ.jpg

Btw its a shame that this thread is not as active as previously as more people are moving over to the release threads... Let's make it active again huh ..!

thanks neris, any special stage with hyori was just awesome because she was so beautiful.

(so i wasn't really into their performance. lol.)

was it? if so, did it make you wonder that it was that reason that kara4 was unable to make the breakthrough?

besides the promotional factor & its intensity, sometimes it's about doing what the majority wants.

going against the then trend might be the cause.

I think we can find a balance between what the majority wants and kara to show their talent. I don't think kara4 is really fair to make an example out of since they only lasted less than one year and didn't have a chance to have their breakthrough. And who knows, if you go against a tread then you can start newer/better ones.

^

that's what i mean. it could be a breakthrough but some were citing dsp as the main culprit for trying or being bold.

Oh alrightyy~! heehee, we're on the same page then x3

Since I feel like I'm spamming, anyone who reads this post should check out::

KARA's interview on k-pop love

Total Digital Sales for KARA:

MISTER: 500,000+ ringtones, 500,000+ full song cellphone downloads, 250,000+ PC downloads = 1,250,000+ digital units.

Jumping: 500,000+ ringtones, 250,000+ full song cellphone downloads, 100,000+ PC downloads = 850,000+ digital units.

Chaku-Uta ®- Ringtones

Chaku-Uta Full ®- Full song downloads

PC distribution- PC Downloads (includes iTunes, Sony, etc)

http://www.riaj.or.jp/data/others/chart/w110220.html

http://www.riaj.or.jp/data/others/chart/w110325.html

Kara has surpassed 1 million in sales in Japan with 2 albums,2 singles, and 1 dvd.

Oricon sales :(Oricon counts about 80% of sales)

Girls Talk= 369,523

Best Album 2007-2010= 164,703

Jumping= 115,654

Mister= 132,473

KARA(Best Clips)= 184,051

total= 966,404

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead.asp?sub_cd=EA21&newsid=01453046596188896&DirCode=0010201

thanks ☆atl2006☆ for the constant updates :D

woah! 1 million sales?!? another achievement!

personally, i didnt expect them to get it so fast :sweatdrop: . i knew they would get it eventually, but didnt think this quickly. caught me off guard hahah.

now this is a reason to celebrate! all we gotta do now is wait until they sell 1 million for a single or album. i'll look forward to that day :thumbup:

Edited by monkiesxrule

1 million in sales from a single (or album, dvd etc), it's going to take a lot of new fans to achieve this feat.

apart from fans, the choice of song (& choreography) is also very important but it's hard to find one to suit all.

so besides the promoting agency, the girls themselves are the most defining factors.

they have to be considered as a jpop group inorder to have a permanent effect in japan.

they have to work harder which i'm sure they will if they are given the opportunity.

believe for some kamilias, this is the reason why they are here.

[c] moonlightinside

^yeah...1 million is really a milestone for our girls. I still remember the days when people think KARA will fail miserably in Japan. Thanks to J-kamilia, they have grown tremendously in strength! I have been on youtube and it's really heartening to see SOOOO MANY j-kamilias subbing KARA's videos to introduce them to even a greater audience :)

just for a fun fact, for those who didn't know about this yet, that is :P

still remember this show??

6Vu3b.png

ZPFmw.jpg

so the text on the screen, it seems jing have a nickname for every KARA members, even for herself.

and it looks like she used it quite often, since at the least, HamJing used in on their twitter when they tweeted each other.

so for those who didn't know about the meaning of the nickname yet (i've asked once on hara's thread but noone know too xD)

i've got the meaning now..

~~~~~~~~~

it says 여뽕 쪼뽕 먹뽕 빼뽕 떡뽕 (yeobbong, jjobbong, meokbbong, bbaebbong, ddokbbong respectively)

뽕(bbong) is the aegyo way to say 봉(bong), remember this comic? jing called kamilia 면봉(myeonbong) aka cotton swab. so apparently, she wants to call KARA as 봉(bong) by her own aegyo way which are 뽕(bbong) too

so 여뽕 = 여신 + 뽕 (yeosin + bbong) --> yeosin = goddess = gyul

쪼뽕 = 조금 + 뽕 (jogeum + bbong) --> jogeum means little/small (the little unnie aka hamster aka seungyeon), while 쪼(jjo) is the aegyo way of 조(jo)

먹뽕 = 먹다 + 뽕 (meokda + bbong --> meokda means eat. what the first word that came into ur head if u think about cole? yep, it's eat/food :lol:

빼뽕 = 빼빼로 + 뽕 (pepero + bbong) --> remember the snack CF that KARA endorsed last year? did u know the shape of the snack? it's thin and tall, just like hara's figure :lol:

떡뽕 = 떡뽁이 + 뽕 (ddeokbboki + bbong) --> u know ddeokbboki / korean rice cake? it's white in color, and KARA members said jing's white skin as white as a ddeokbboki :D

together with 뽕밀리아 (bbongmilia), we are the family of 뽕 (bbong) LOL

thank u so much to Yoo for the explanation :D

^ Jing is just getting more and more popular! ^^ I mean who couldn't ignore all that cuteness :gemadmire:

Thanks for sharing the translation curbow&yoo ^^ lool all of the names fit them so much <3! then what does bbong mean? :gemduh: