KARA's Sweet Melody spazz thread

yuda

^

thanks for the clarification, saw the similar explanation on the other forum too.

kara was still riding high in japan last month but they simply dropped because of the lack of activities.

anyway below is for your reference of the latest ranking.

MIXI Ranking .......1/8 .....25/8....25/9

KARA .............93302.....95060....95137 (+77)

Hara .............34768.....35361....35133 (-228) 0.6447%

Jiyoung ..........22214.....22759....22709 (-50) 0.2196%

Nicole ...........19963.....20525....20672 (+147)

Seungyeon ........18659.....19354....19516 (+162)

Gyuri .............9499......9615.....9599 (-16) 0.1664%

[c] baidukara

yes the number of mixi ranking can be drop. they can always gain and lose fan. i think they will gain more fan when they start promote in japan again. so don't worry even some popolar akb girls lose some fan in mixi too

yeah, even acchan experiences fall in numbers occasionally, but the they go right back up. Jiyoung and Hara are way to popular for their numbers to continue to go down...also sometimes the numbers go down cause of inactivity I heard. So yeah, they will probably go back up when people have stuff to talk about again.

ehh, whatever happens happens ^^ I don't wanna to impose on real jpop fans that think kara isn't ready for kohaku or aren't popular enough. I mean I guess it really is prestigious. [THOUGH IF A CERTAIN COUSIN GROUP IS TO BE INVITED and not kara i'll be so disappointed and will think horribly D:]

BUTTT~ I would love for them to be invited.

btw, im like itching for kara to release a full album in japan this year~~ >.<

Okay so I have to rant somewhere >.<

With all this "success" from other kpop groups I really wonder if UMJ is making the right decision~ Like, if they're picking the best routes for Kara.

Truthfully I think promoting Step in Japan would seem like the best choice.

But I remember being disappointed that Kara would promote Mister instead of something like "Honey" or "Pretty Girl". But I was wrong. Mister is still going strong. So I don't wanna doubt the company's market researching(hopefully) with my own feeling.

What would winter magic do? Is Kara trying to show off a really soft and pretty side? Or are they going to emphasize their singing this time? Does this mean our Kara girls are working hard on their vocals?

I don't think you can dance to this song.. I only imagine... dancing with their hands XDD

btw, I love this<3 Their Japanese has REALLY improved. Jiyoung, omg her Japanese flowed really well<3!! Hehe, she's learning it in school too<3 ^^ Seungyeon's Japanese was always good<3~~

I hope Winter Magic sells well~ Like 200k for the first week.. Though I know the most they got was 132k in the first week for releases in general...

^

to perform step in japan while doing winter magic promotion? idk if it's a good idea because casual fans may pay less attention to the 5th single, which may affect its sales.

personally i don't mind at all because step is still considered new and since it's topping charts in japan now, i hope the girls can bring it before and thank the j-kamilia too.

^ oh no, I meant promoting Step in Japanese instead of promoting Winter Magic. I'm just wondering if Japan really wants Japanese songs, y'know?

Btw, I dunno the time in Japan but Step korean album will be officially released on oct. 5. And it's about to be oct. 4 here in cali.. But does that mean Kara's Step can appear on the oricon chart? O.o

Okay so I have to rant somewhere >.<

With all this "success" from other kpop groups I really wonder if UMJ is making the right decision~ Like, if they're picking the best routes for Kara.

Truthfully I think promoting Step in Japan would seem like the best choice.

ia with this, Winter Magic is already down to #3 on Recochoku Chaku-Uta charts(behind Sonar Pocket and EXILE), while STEP stayed at #1 for the entire week. I'm kind of worried. I know it's too early to predict but I thought they had the #1 in the bag for this week tbh.

the song is nice but it doesn't sound like a hit, but w/e

they need to start promoting.

ia with this, Winter Magic is already down to #3 on Recochoku Chaku-Uta charts(behind Sonar Pocket and EXILE), while STEP stayed at #1 for the entire week. I'm kind of worried. I know it's too early to predict but I thought they had the #1 in the bag for this week tbh.

the song is nice but it doesn't sound like a hit, but w/e

they need to start promoting.

yeah! that's exactly what I thought O.o Winter Magic was #3! I dunno if this is normal because they haven't started promoting yet or what >.<

hmmm..thanks for the insight but exile and sonar pocket are well-established j-artists..so it's a given that they will do well..kara is still pretty new compared to them ^^

i do worry about the anticipation for this new single because it might not be as dance-able compared to their previous releases which is one of their strong attraction plus the release date seems kinda early for a winter song..not sure though :P

however everyone look so angelic in the covers and this winter magic promotion round is so gonna accentuate their gorgeousness and womanly charm that i cant wait for the single's release already..seriously this single is giving them the license to amaze people with their beauty XD

they need to release the pv NOW to relieve me of this worrying..LOL

yeah! that's exactly what I thought O.o Winter Magic was #3! I dunno if this is normal because they haven't started promoting yet or what >.<

I think we shouldn't worry too much about it. Yeah, it's not a very danceable tune but still it has its own charms. It think exposure to this song is key. That's what worked with me. I didn't like this song the first few times I heard it but it grows on you after a while. So I think once the girls start promoting it and when the PV comes out it will be better. We should just believe in J-kamilia. They have been super duper supportive!

yhIMV.jpg

KARA ranking in Mixi number together with other Kpop groups. Not a big increase for the past 2 months but I'm sure the rate will be increase due to Winter Magic release~ :)

for Daum fancafe ranking(korea),

cafedaum.jpg

It's good to have an increase but some said Daum is kinda irrelevant now.

^

and when did kara debut in japan? 14 months ago which makes the list even more impressive.

about how well will winter magic be received comparing against previous releases, it'll be hard but who knows for sure as it has yet to be promoted. the wait now is the pv and how the girls are going to present it.

Today's daily Chaku-uta chart -

風は吹いている

AKB48

(初登場)

Miss You

A.N.JELL(美男/廉/柊/勇気)

(初登場)

promise

A.N.JELL(美男/廉/柊/勇気)

(初登場)

永遠はただの一秒から

JAY'ED×JUJU

(初登場)

365日のラブストーリー。

ソナーポケット

(前回:1)

レコチョク「着うた®」ランキング(6~25位)

[順位] [前回] [楽曲名] [アーティスト名]

6 - alone A.N.JELL(美男/廉/柊/勇気)

7 - ふたり A.N.JELL(美男/廉/柊/勇気)

8 - 翔 ゆず

9 rank up 21 ステキな日曜日~Gyu Gyu グッデイ!~ 芦田愛菜

10 2 Rising Sun EXILE

11 - 言葉にできないほど好きなのに feat.Mai.K NERDHEAD

12 4 Bo Peep Bo Peep (Japanese Ver.) T-ARA

13 3 ウィンターマジック KARA

new releases, but that doesn't change the fact that Winter Magic is bellow Rising Sun and Bo Peep which are like 4 weeks old. I'm actually kind of worried this single won't do well digitally.

Edited by Naaaddddiiiaaa

Well, i think because this is a ballad song not many people will choose their ringtone as a sad song. LOL....Besides, we have to wait for them to release PV for this song and look its impact on their PV download and full song download. I have to give them credit to try something new not only dance song though plus with Gyuri musical schedule, it's hard for them to release dance song and practicing the dance also.

Total sales for Kara's release for this year. :)

Kara:

Step: 97,667

Jumping 16,860

Revolution 13,523

Lupin 6,877

Honey 4,485

Blooming 3,868

Rock U 3,838

Pretty Girl 2,794

TOTAL: 149,912

Jumping and Revolution still going strong~ :D surprising..

Top 10 Artists sales of 2011:

1. SUJU 443,082

2. DBSK 308,719

3. Big Bang 257,163

4. B2st: 200,404

5. CN Blue: 184,166

6. Kara: 149,912

7. SNSD 147,944

8. Infinite: 147,915

9. Kim Hyun Joong 114,586

10. F(x): 114,278

cr:rukiie@6theory

STEP gonna hit the 100k mark soon. WOW so much impressive, KARA is on fire now. I guess it 's because of DSP LOL.

At first a lot of Kamilias disagree about the decision of making that 3-week comeback. But since we can't do anything to change it, I'm sure a lot of Kamilias going crazy and vowed to make sure that they will make this comeback to become the best comeback of KARA ever (myself was 1 of them ^^). And it 's really paid of all now. Again a big thanks to Korean Kamilias, International Kamilias and (maybe) Japanese Kamilias huh :))

Total sales for Kara's release for this year.

Kara:

Step: 97,667

Jumping 16,860

Revolution 13,523

Lupin 6,877

Honey 4,485

Blooming 3,868

Rock U 3,838

Pretty Girl 2,794

TOTAL: 149,912

Jumping and Revolution still going strong~ surprising..

thanks!

considering kara only released 1 album in late 2011, the total sales look more promising than previous year(s).

but how did rock u sell more than pretty girl? probably fans are starting to buy and collect all releases.

idk but if there isn't a japan edition, step may easily break 100k sales in sep alone.