KARA's Sweet Melody spazz thread

yuda

got the following from a chinese site but since i can't keep up with the pace (sales in japan), so not sure if this has been shared elsewhere.

mister, jumping, jcl and ggs have generated a total of 14 billion japanese yen in sales.

till 5th oct, the 4 songs have hit 3.7 million downloads, the first among koreans to achieve in japan.

for ringtone sales, it's triple platinum for mister, double platinum for juming and platinum each for both jcl and ggs.

Winter Magic is just about to release, and now KARA gonna release a full-length album, OMG, J-Kamilias was so lucky :)

Here 's the link: http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/music/kara-to-release-new-japanese-album-super-g-r10753

But I read the news that when KARA release 1 more album (this album Super Girl), their contract with UMJ will be done, and I still don't see any news about KARA signing new contract yet. Did DSP still negotiate with UMJ?

^

i don't think after the release of 2nd album, kara will have no more contract obligations with umj. i believe their contract ends only next jul so why the rush? unless they have big, ambitious plan for 2012 but still it doesn't make sense. btw why is everyone so certain about the umj contract details? i wonder how well does the re-contract negotiation progess..

Winter Magic is just about to release, and now KARA gonna release a full-length album, OMG, J-Kamilias was so lucky :)

Here 's the link: http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/music/kara-to-release-new-japanese-album-super-g-r10753

But I read the news that when KARA release 1 more album (this album Super Girl), their contract with UMJ will be done, and I still don't see any news about KARA signing new contract yet. Did DSP still negotiate with UMJ?

The article was made on totally unreliable sources, there is no way I'll believe it, unless there is official statement made by UMJ and DSP itself. If it's really true, why I didn't see any hypes from K.Kamilia and J.Kamilia themselves? I doubt they will release any release in the end of year, and I don't want it either. It will affected their yearly chart ranking, and also winter magic sales (like what happened during Jumping/GT last year)

^

i don't think after the release of 2nd album, kara will have no more contract obligations with umj. i believe their contract ends only next jul so why the rush? unless they have big, ambitious plan for 2012 but still it doesn't make sense. btw why is everyone so certain about the umj contract details? i wonder how well does the re-contract negotiation progess..

It's cause of that article on ALLKPOP which said that Kara's contract with UMJ would be ending soon, and that they are obligated to release one more album and that's it. But you are correct in that no-one knows exactly when that album will be released and just because the album is released, it doesn't mean that Kara is just done with UMJ-even if they do release an album in like November, if the contract is until February, Kara is still obligated to UMJ until then.

Personally, I do think they (DSP & UMJ) have some really ambitious plans for 2012, which is why I think Kara will be staying with UMJ. UMJ have got the upper hand in terms of the ability to offer Kara a large contract and like you said, they have ALOT of time to negotiate something good and ambitious (more than likely a tour). DSP won't rush negotiations with UMJ, UMJ will definitely put an awesome offer in-front of Kara WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT, but that time is certainly not now.

Here is the link to the article, that I think is giving people the wrong impression: Record Companies Fight For KARA in Japan

The article was made on totally unreliable sources, there is no way I'll believe it, unless there is official statement made by UMJ and DSP itself. If it's really true, why I didn't see any hypes from K.Kamilia and J.Kamilia themselves? I doubt they will release any release in the end of year, and I don't want it either. It will affected their yearly chart ranking, and also winter magic sales (like what happened during Jumping/GT last year)

I myself dout it a lot, but when you click on the link at Play Asia, it already allowed to pre-ordered "Super Girl", so I confused, but I decide to post it here so everyone can check it and find more sources to check the information. And I do agree with you, we never want another case Jumping/GT happened again (Jumping was so good in digital sales, its sales only less than Mister, which is KARA biggest song till now, but its physical sales decreased a lot because J-Kamilias focus more in buying a full album instead of single. It 's really a bad strategy made by UMJ :(

@GooBurberrHara

thanks for the article link! i have seen that but i wonder what much do they (the external parties) know? well, umj has the upper hand so lets see what they can offer in the remaining contract term to convince dsp and kara.

besides umj, so what're the promises that other companies will be presenting on the negotiation table? or what do we fans expect to hear? concert in tokyo dome? it WAS the main target (past tense because it doesn't make sense if it isn't the first thing to do in 2012) but what's bigger? reasonable profit split? it's understood too. umj under parent umg, it has global presence. tour around the regions, that's my new target for 2012!

I myself dout it a lot, but when you click on the link at Play Asia, it already allowed to pre-ordered "Super Girl", so I confused, but I decide to post it here so everyone can check it and find more sources to check the information. And I do agree with you, we never want another case Jumping/GT happened again (Jumping was so good in digital sales, its sales only less than Mister, which is KARA biggest song till now, but its physical sales decreased a lot because J-Kamilias focus more in buying a full album instead of single. It 's really a bad strategy made by UMJ :(

Honestly, I don't think play-asia is a big name in online shopping site like yesasia or cdjapan. I never heard the name until recently the rumour come out. Plus, usually, the pre-order will be opened in Japanese online shopping site first if the album is being confirmed.

@GooBurberrHara

thanks for the article link! i have seen that but i wonder what much do they (the external parties) know? well, umj has the upper hand so lets see what they can offer in the remaining contract term to convince dsp and kara.

besides umj, so what're the promises that other companies will be presenting on the negotiation table? or what do we fans expect to hear? concert in tokyo dome? it WAS the main target (past tense because it doesn't make sense if it isn't the first thing to do in 2012) but what's bigger? reasonable profit split? it's understood too. umj under parent umg, it has global presence. tour around the regions, that's my new target for 2012!

I don't think anyone knows much. All people know is that sometime in 2012 Kara's contract with UMJ will expire and that's about it lol, we don't know if UMJ and DSP already reached an agreement and both parties are just waiting for the expiration date or what other parties are trying to get involved nor do we know the offers they are making.

I think the money issue is the biggest one. People are speculating that Kara are able to get a contract worth around $8.5 million but the details of that type of contract have yet to be revealed. I expect it to be more stressful and binding though...I think the main thing that most fans want is bigger income/distribution of revenue for Kara, which will more than likely happen, but only because the contract will be worth more and so they will get more in result of that...After that, I think most people are expecting that a tour will be included in the contract, which would be good for Kara because it would be tons of extra revenue and good promotion. I think a tour is the biggest plan in 2012. If Kara themselves said that they are going on tour, it means that it must be the objective of DSP for 2012. DSP is going to look for a good offer that gives Kara more income and a concert, but no doubt this contract, since it is worth more to both the artist and the company, will be more work and more binding than the one they have now. 2012 is gonna be a workload for Kara..hope the girls are ready for it...

@GooBurberrHara

the way i think, in terms of profits sharing percentage, the various offers will be more about the same. as long as the distributions are done in transparency, everyone (from korea to japan) will be fine. tours and concerts are dreams for every singers which are also alternatives for making more money, and of course meeting fans. for some reasons since dsp can't do it alone, they should hence look for a partnership to expand kara popularity beyond korea and japan. like you said, dsp and especially the girls, must be mentally prepared to work for the lucrative contract they seek for. maybe an advice before they sign at the dotted line, be smart and aware of the terms and conditions. there should be no more miscommunication and regrets.

:)

wait.. how about a 3rd party in warner music group?

since dsp is engaging them to enter the chinese market (via taiwan)?

anyway this is a promotional video for step release in taiwan.

i'm sorry but lolol @ their chinese. they are so cute!

(and for the first time, i read the lyrics of step.)

[c] warnertaiwan

I dunno if this has been posted somewhere already but KARA's All About Beauty got #3 on the Oricon Weekly DVD's. I haven't seen the clips myself but I think I read somewhere that it's actually mostly in Korean? If so then #3 is really good.

47Qvr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why people bash the girls and say that they can't sing.

I wish they would just watch this RECENT performance. Gyuri wasn't even there and they had to cover her parts. They sound good...granted there is always room for improvement.

We probably won't get any official confirmation on Kouhaku until the end of the month, but KARA are confirmed for Best Hits Kayousai on Nov.24 (http://www.ytv.co.jp/besthits/artist/2011_index.html) and FNS on Dec.7 (http://www.fujitv.co.jp/FNS/index.html).

FNS and Music Station Super live are my favorite end of the year shows. I'm super excited they are going to FNS this year.

Edited by notsoangelic

^

i saw it on some tweets too but i'm still waiting for confirmation from tv-asahi, or was it from them?

and i think it's 25th dec this year. :)

usually,it will be held on friday and 23rd is on friday.as last year,MUsta live is on 24th dec(friday) but i'm not so sure about this year :sweatdrop:

• 2 weeks later...

Dangg, japan just keeps loving kara!! ^^ I like how they evaluate everything XD especially in this show. the dudes like showed all the main stuff in kara's song that only kamilia would talk about XDD

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzIzNTg5MzUy.html

cr: twitter

this is how I saw it:

1: talking about jumping dance. the part where they do that "ah ah a~ngg!" part. then the part where they pop their butts ^^ and then the last ending pose when they sort of brush their hands together.

2: mister dance.. IDK that much XD I think the guy was talking about where they go "la la la la la~" and just sort of move their hips(same part where seungyeon pulls up her strap on the pants) and then it breaks out into the BUTT DANCE :3

2: penguin dance.. the point of the penguin dance first. and then the super "hara" play on words... I THINK the way they used "hara" was "heart beating" or something like that. hara also means stomach and that's why hara is rubbing her stomach. and gyulhamcolejing point at hara while she's rubbing her stomach. OH and finally pointed out the "kiss kiss~~" part. and I think one of them said the way the members expressed a kiss was different from eachothers! ^^

3: winter magic: lol, guess the dude is a fan of cole XDD he talked about cole's little hop scotch part ^^ im pretty sure he called it "saiko~" which means the best??? THESE AHJUSSHI ARE SO HILARIOUS XD Their reaction when kara's little confession parts came up XDDDD hahaha, so samchon fan right there XD

4: the talked about lupin. more stuff about how they have a cute image in japan and a strong/sexy image in korea. they tlked about the emergency exit dance& also the "shht!" parts in lupin. and HARA'S EPIC HAIR FLIP. and they also mentioned the part where our girls pop their chests out..

5: I've always wanted a japanese show to tlk about step ^^ the video got a little lq i wonder if it was the video the show provided but yeah. they talked about the butt dance 2 in step and then i think the dude made a joke about kara's laugh at the end XD and thy even noticed that the stores were named after previous hits! ^^

6: they talked about a song that didn't have an mv which is umbrella! they guy was so funny when he was talking about jiyoung trying t wake up the members during the dance but they wouldn't wake up so jiyoung just goes to sleep herself XD

7: now it's go go summer. the dude talked(and i think sort of teased) about kara's acting about going to the sea XDD

OKAY LOOL, now they tlked about the members XD dang.. this was longer than i thought....

hara: the dude mentioned invincible youth!!! OMGGG.

seungyeon: they reenacted kara's mosquito act XDD

gyuri: im not sure about her part but i think they talked about gyuri doing something as a leader...

nicole: i dunno what they were tlking about here. wish i did >.< but THEY ALSO WATCHED BEHIND THE SCENES OF JUMPING. wthhhhh, i bet they made a gif for cole's little octopus dance XDD

I also remember one part of a japanese show talking about seungyeon's "pulling up the strap" part in the mister dance ^^