[Other] What if Sunghee Joins KARA again?

Sunghee rejoining KARA is an extremely bad idea and omen.

KARA is doing extremely well right now. Adding another member could destroy their perfect chemistry and harmony. I don't care if you're Mariah Carey, you don't mess with a winning formula. Taking back Sunghee would be a last resort. They (DSP) would NOT do that unless KARA's popularity was declining really fast and they needed a desperate gimmick.

Furthermore, Sunghee rejoining when KARA is doing so well would make it seem like Sunghee abandoned the group when they were unknowns, and then rejoined when the group is at the top. She contributed nothing to their current popularity status, yet KARA is still able to set new records without her.

Oh man.. this is my hope! Though now that I know she's married.. I'll always be a bit disappointed! HAHA! She's seriously beautiful with the most amazing voice, it would be such a boost for KARA in terms of literally everything! This would be the most beautiful girl group ever assembled!

Sunghee rejoining KARA is an extremely bad idea and omen.

KARA is doing extremely well right now. Adding another member could destroy their perfect chemistry and harmony. I don't care if you're Mariah Carey, you don't mess with a winning formula. Taking back Sunghee would be a last resort. They (DSP) would NOT do that unless KARA's popularity was declining really fast and they needed a desperate gimmick.

Furthermore, Sunghee rejoining when KARA is doing so well would make it seem like Sunghee abandoned the group when they were unknowns, and then rejoined when the group is at the top. She contributed nothing to their current popularity status, yet KARA is still able to set new records without her.

for people who see her rejoining is to tag on kara present success, then they aren't truly fans in the first place.

every member does/did her part in bringing up kara today, be it prominent or not.

we shouldn't base on results but affection each member has associated with fans.

if one day, a present kara member is to quit (for whatever reason) & kara is to hit new heights subsequently, will you be equally less welcoming?

please don't see an ex-kara member as insignificant.

for people who see her rejoining is to tag on kara present success, then they aren't truly fans in the first place.

every member does/did her part in bringing up kara today, be it prominent or not.

we shouldn't base on results but affection each member has associated with fans.

if one day, a present kara member is to quit (for whatever reason) & kara is to hit new heights subsequently, will you be equally less welcoming?

please don't see an ex-kara member as insignificant.

I'm a fan of kara 5, just not sungheee.

face the facts. their debut year was miserable. when she left, kara's future was very bleak. so they were forced to go on 8 months hiatus, while searching for new members who are more dedicated to the group.

I will have respect for the current members even if they leave. Kara is what they are today because of 5 members' unwavering and total efforts. they have already made their marks in history, so everything else is gravy. if anyone wants to leave, it's better to leave when you're at the top. when and if they disband, Kara 5 would still be remembered as one of the best girl groups ever.

especially after this year's scandal, I feel their bonds have gotten stronger and don't want anything to disturb that.

I'm a fan of kara 5, just not sungheee.

face the facts. their debut year was miserable. when she left, kara's future was very bleak. so they were forced to go on 8 months hiatus, while searching for new members who are more dedicated to the group.

I will have respect for the current members even if they leave. Kara is what they are today because of 5 members' unwavering and total efforts. they have already made their marks in history, so everything else is gravy. if anyone wants to leave, it's better to leave when you're at the top. when and if they disband, Kara 5 would still be remembered as one of the best girl groups ever.

especially after this year's scandal, I feel their bonds have gotten stronger and don't want anything to disturb that.

i respect your opinion.

history will remember kara because of their achievements but fans don't.

fans remember kara because of the good times they gave.

some fans even came before they hit the stages.

i support kara (including fans) but they will only have my respect if they conduct themselves properly, putting group before individual etc.

i'm not a fan since kara4 but i recognise their efforts (4 of them) in bringing kara onto the stages.

in terms of results, it might fail to deliver according to one's expectation but it never fails to bring joys.

in this world, results are essential but it shouldn't define everything.

if anyone wants to leave, it's better to leave when you're at the top

i beg to differ.

if anyone wants to leave, it's better to leave right now, be it top or bottom.

to respect or not, the reason to leave is the main factor.

• 2 weeks later...

Well .. :confused1:

I don't know~ I know KARA after Jiyoung unnie and Hara unnie join KARA :D

but, I watch they first MV :) Sunghee unnie voice is good too~

and if Sunghee unnie join kara again, KARA will have 6 members and all of them have a great voice! :)

maybe they will be no.1 girlband! :thumbup1:

hahaha xD just my opinion~ :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sure, her singing prowess will be of great addition to what is kara now.. but i think, if she wants a come back, it will be better if she go solo.. besides, why fix when it aint broke, right?

• 2 weeks later...

If Sunghee were to rejoin KARA I think it would be bad. Most Kara fans are new fans, starting from Pretty Girl and have been gradually increasing since then. Most of them don't know Sunghee, don't care about Sunghee and would not have any feeling of happiness upon news of her joining the group. Most people forget that Kara debuted with four members...which says alot about how Sunghee would be receieved....not many people who are members here even know or care who she is, only a small minority. My view is that other than SNSD who have made their large size work in their favor, there is no need for a group to have over 5 members...having 2 be popular and everyone else just hanging out in the background isn't ideal for group chemistry.

JiRa: Sure Sunghee fans might be happy to see Sunghee, but what about JiRa? how do you think they will feel? If Sunghee gets to just rejoin Kara while they are at the top and just take over as the center of "everything" again, that will have a negative effect on them. Hara was already meek and shy when she first joined because she was so insecure about her abilities; She only has one or two lines a song...I don't want to see that change into no lines. That's what Sunghee being back would do, which isn't fair to Hara because even though she isn't the best singer, she has still been working really hard. Jiyoung had struggled alot in the beginning with getting attention and fans; all her increases in those areas would be negated with the increase and attention having to be shared with yet another member. Sorry, but Kara has enough attention and popularity issues without Sunghee whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

Then popularity is a big thing. Hara and Seungyeon DOMINATE when it comes to fans for Kara, their time in the spotlight will have to be cut with the addition of a sixth member, that may cause resentment amongst their fans. And of course already neglected people like Gyuri will suffer even more.

Sunghee and friends: OK it took me ALOT to write this down, but the reason I got into Kara MORE when Sunghee left was that I always considered it to be Sunghee and friends when she was in the group. She dominated EVERYTHING. She was a good dancer, she was the best singer and she is pretty, that meant a sured center position. Gyuri, and Nicole suffered alot in terms of being noticed and getting to show their skills when Sunghee was in the group...even Seungyeon didn't really get to shine until she left. Sunghee might be fun and the girls might have loved her but I really just don't think she is fit for a group. Sunghee is a solo artist. I think the reason Kara took off after she left was because things were balanced. I always thought Kara lacked balance when she was in the group.

Kara is fine: Sure Sunghee is a good singer and Kara could use some work on their vocals, but that doesn't mean that their whole system should be over-hauled and they should just add a member, original or not. One person won't fix Kara's vocal problems, if you can really even call them that; they aren't powerhouse vocals but how many girl-groups are? Sure their might be one or two who can sing well, but looking at that standard, I think Kara is doing well. they find other ways to get their message across. not every song needs ground-breaking vocals to be good. As far as dancing goes, Gyuri needs more work still but Kara is fine. Hara, Nicole and Seungyeon do a god job of keeping things looking neat and tidy since Gyul and Jing tend to be a bit...well sloppy with their moves-no offense.

Japan: The Japanese know nothing about Sunghee and Kara is making big bucks there, the japanese also don't care about Sunghee. To them, she would just be some new girl taking screen time away from JiRa.

Sunghee's popularity: How will Sunghee feel? she was really popular when she was in Kara, I would say that she was probably the most popular even including ham. That has drastically changed. Now ham is the most popular and the "New Girl," Hara, is pretty well known amongst the Korean public in her own right as of recently. No matter what they say, idols DO notice that other members are more popular than them. I feel like it would be similar to culture shock for Sunghee to go from being so popular before to Gyuri's level of popularity (I hope I don't offend and people understand what I'm trying to say). She probably wouldn't like it. Whether she notices or not, she is used to the group sort-of revolving around her; her singing and her powerful performances, now things are balanced and if you were to say that Kara revolved around a member it would be either Seungyeon or Hara.

Loyalty: As much as I would like to think that Sunghee would just be welcomed back and things would be fine, I'm realistic enough to know that it probably won't be the case. Gyul, Cole and Ham will probably be more awkward than JiRa. it's like hey this is the girl who left and has joined now that we are popular....I'm sure that's what they would think, it's what I would think. Then things might become cliquey and loyalty based. Will Gyul feel obligated to take Sunghee's side sine she was an original member and she wants them to go back to being as close as they were before to make things better or will she take maknae jiyoung's side because she has looked out for her since she has joined the group and has been a good friend since she joined? Will ham stick to Hara? They have become quite close and Sunghee may want things to go back to how they were when they were just four. Gotta think about her adjustments too...

Although it's highly unlikely that anything like this could ever happen, I'd welcome her back into the group. A six membered KARA is just fine with me! Sunghee was one of my favorite KARA members back in the day, and her voice is absolutely gorgeous. At this point, though, this will not seem so, and I have a feeling it might take some getting used to just because she's been gone for so long. You never know, though; anything's possible!

I do agree with GooburberrHara, though; it's a bad idea if she decides to join this late in the game when people don't know or care about Sunghee. Maybe she should pursue a solo career! I'd definitely support that~

@GooBurberrHara

lol you're so apologetic and careful with your words. firstly, welcome to sung place. ok, i'll omit the majority and minority, just stating in general.

it maybe asking too much for new fans to like sung but be a true fan, no matter how late, one should try to research into history on how kara was originated, who were they, what they sang, what went wrong etc. if one really has the heart, there are so many kara4 videos around. there's no excuse of not knowing kara4, or sung in particular. sung might have left the group but not the heart of old fans. so if an ex-member is to return, both old and new fans should re-joice.

thus referring to "new fans not accepting sung", i don't understand why but have to agree. i'm thinking if old or sung fans can give a chance to harajing, why not new fans?

why sung rejoining will mean taking away something from harajing? sung isn't going to neutralize what harajing have done. awkward? harajing or anyone shouldn't feel this way because sung should. lines? everyone will be affected because it's the problem of a big group. popularity? if individually they are affected, then those are not their true fans, so no harm. but as a group, they can only get higher, isn't it? individual is secondary and group should always come first, hence any sacrifice on individual is worthwhile.

taking out one member, kara with 4 members are still kara, but not the other one. changes maybe unavoidable in future but if one popular member is to leave, kara popularity shouldn't be affected. this is what i hope but i know it isn't going to happen this way. thus i hate to see individual popularity dominating over group because kara is about 5 individuals, not 1 or 2 popular members. this is sad truth and really disheartening.

"Kara has enough attention and popularity issues without Sunghee whether anyone wants to admit it or not." agree but sung shouldn't be the cause and likewise harajing shouldn't be the main reason too. there're many factors, the songs, the niche etc.

lolol, sung was dominating when she was around? i agree that sung is more suited to be a solo artist because she was trained to be actually. and you're right, finding the balance is the key. in terms of getting the current group to perform better, there're still some work to be done, individually. right! as fans, we should look more at the lacking areas than good points, inorder to suggest and improve. anyway the girls should know better themselves, let us not worry.

the decision to allow sung to rejoin should be well discussed among dsp, the girls and their producers, so as not to unbalance or shift anything in present. what you mentioned are valid concerns, so just let things happen naturally. anyway we're >99.9% sure sung isn't going to return. hahah.

apology for the untidiness and grammar, and truly hope my choice of words are not strong (because they aren't meant to be). if there're, blame it on my vocabulary. you know me, just sharing my thoughts on the discussion. :)

ps: finally i have a free day to post a reply on this. to all new fans, i'm a late fan whom know nothing about sung until i took pain (more of joys) to download and watch all kara4 videos. instead of spending all your time on your biased, try spending some minutes on the past. i sincerely hope more new fans can think the same, you will not regret it. after you're done with it, please spend more time on the other 4 (besides you favourite member). here's KARAholic, not certainmemberholic. please..

I'm a relatively new fan, but I've watched some performances when Sunghee was still with the group. She really has a wonderful voice.

As much as I think the group would benefit with her addition however, KARA would have to evolve once more to add her in, the same way they worked hard when she left and JiRa joined. Maybe they could do a song like KARA feat. Sunghee ... I think that would please a lot of the fans who's been with the group since the start.

But then, I don't think Sunghee's planning to come back even as a solo artist (I think I read it somewhere). If she did go solo, I wish they'd do that :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...