KARA POPULAR IN OVERSEAS

shinzwo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any song can be programmed onto the machine lol... Might have just been in the song pack that happened to be installed onto it.

But yeah, that's pretty cool that that song is playable on DDR.... It'd be more appropriate if Lupin was on it, as it's more fast paced.

Edited by Anfonie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

though I'm glad to hear that, I can't say the same for them here in Malaysia.. );

although we MyKamilia have the highest post (read: spam^^) count in the "Kamilias around the globe" section, still not many people know Kara. All they know is probably SNSD and SuJu, but they probably couldn't recognize any of the members anyway... so yeah \:

Well I don't know if this count or not, but it was still KARA. I went to hang out with my friend and we ate at a korean place, mostly people who come in there are not korean. Well the first thing I heard when I get in there in KARA mister song, i like i know this song, I was like it KARA oh my gosh. Then there was a another KARA songs, I knew the songs was KARA couldn't remember what song is was. Then the next day when to eat sushi at japanese place. When me and my friend were going to leave, I heard KARA mister songs, but in japanese. so i don't know if that count, the restaurants are in texas;so I don't know if that count or not

Seems like there's always more K-pop towards the west coast in the States, sadly i havent seen anything k-pop related in Wisconsin, i'm probably the only person that knows about k-pop here... or at least that's what it feels like :(

• 2 weeks later...

They are on Para Para Paradise? O.o that is definitely unexpected. The dancing machine that you heard them from was Pump it Up a Korean Dance Dance Revolution. Its similar to DDR but instead of 4 directional buttons, it has 5 buttons 1 center and 4 diagonal buttons.

These dance games are made by Japanese companies, so I'm sure that there are a lot of Asian groups whose songs are included in the track selection. It's quite interesting how you'll find foreign fans of K-pop in the unlikeliest places, thanks to the internet.

There's a channel that airs in my area called MYX tv (I think it started in the Phils then established one in the US?) and KARA's Lupin ranked on the top 10 MV countdown around the time it was still kinda new. Even though the channel played a lot of asian music and programming, the MV countdown had mainstream US artists included too. It was basically people requesting and I was surprised to see KARA there because most of the time it's just US or American-style music like YG artists. I think their Lupin concept helped them appeal to Western countries much more than their previous ones.

• 1 month later...

Good for them in USA and other Asian Countries like Japan. Here in the Philippines, 2NE1 and SNSD are the top 2 Korean Girl Groups that are popular. But just last week, they released KARA Girl's Talk album Japan Philippine Version here! Finally they bought the rights and are now promoting KARA Philippines! =)