Why isn't Kara appearing on many Korean shows?

sarah09

I'm always wondering about this? We see other groups in Come to play, Win win and many other korean shows with high audience rates. It's in these shows that they will be more recognized by the general public. I'm just wondering why we don't see them on it...Besides Invincible Girl and Dream Team, what about the other shows? I feel like at least 4 of them should be regular somewhere on TV...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're probably too busy with practice and other schedules (CMs, photoshoots, radio shows, Kara Bakery before, etc.) to devote too much time to variety shows. I don't know what their practice routines are like, but I remember that they basically went directly from Mister/Wanna promotions to Lupin, so it's possible that not only are they practicing their current songs, in between they might also be preparing for the next promotions.

It would be nice to see them more often though! But I think I'd rather see them fewer times and be cheerful and spunky, rather than very often and extremely exhausted.

as much as i like seeing them everyday on variety shows, but with their popularity these days i believed they are too busy for everythings. dsp must have prioritized the importance of each decision made. with gyul in sstp, hara in iy, cole in dt/fo, jing in occasionally radio/dt & group activities here & there, these are "more than some", concerning too they still have cfs, karaya & japan promotion coming up. yup less appearance on tv shows can only mean they are really busy working in the background preparing for something else, definitely not idling or dropping popularity. :)

I definitely definitely want to see Kara more on variety shows

I would love to see all of them in Dream Team :)

However as much as I said it, I think they are doing/preparing other things at hand

I know that now they are learning Japanese (based on what Nicole said)

and I think sometimes it's nice for them to have a relax period

That (hopefully) could give them a sense of enjoyment of doing things rather than having packed schedule and doing

things because your are obliged as an idol group

They are not too rare to be seen on varieties (maybe not as much appearances as other group),

but I guess sometimes when they are less seen, our hearts grow more fonder (for fans/potential future fans)

Hopefully they still maintain their appearances on variety shows at least once a month

Missed Kara dearly :thumbup:

Well, they are currently in Japan promoting.. Well, maybe because they're on break &&other stars that are active need a chance to be on the shows. Yes, I do think that they should be MCs and stuff..but I think it's pretty good where they're at right now. Gyuri is DJ for ShimShimTaPa, Hara's on Invincible Youth. Others are resting. It's good that they're not overpacked ^^

I am hoping that they will appear in more shows, but I suppose they're busy with preparations for their Japan debut right now. Also, we have Hara on IY and Gyul on SSTP. Cole guests on a couple of shows. I do want to see more of Jing and Ham on variety shows~ <3

True, true. But Kara actually guested on Come To Play. They were alongside SNSD.

I think it's probably a matter of opportunity and schedule conflicts. I can't say I know everything there is to know about KARA's schedule, seeing as how I'm still pretty new to the fandom and all, but if it's anything like what SNSD goes through regarding appearances on variety shows, I'm sure it's more of a case of them being too busy with everything else than producers not wanting them on the show. I'm sure there's been tons of times when PDnims have asked for one or more of the girls on a show and been denied because they're too busy with all their other engagements.

I really do hope we'll be able to see them on more shows soon, though. It's always fun seeing KARA interacting with other idols, or even just being themselves on random shows. It's the best way to get to know them, and I think that it's also the best way to get new fans. A variety show appearance was what made me a fan, at least.

yes, they are too busy probably

if you see this topic : [Video] Nicole is so tired

you can see how tired they are even without appearing in many show

I want them to appear in many shows but I don't want them to be exhausted and get sick because of it :)

Edited by BaMz

True, true. But Kara actually guested on Come To Play. They were alongside SNSD.

That was in 2009 lol. The topic starter meant recently.

It 's really odd b/c Lupin was so successful and one would think KARA would exploit that like they did after Mister but the endorsements and being guests are far and few. I don't think the problem is KARA not being invited, I think DSP is being very picky.. maybe too much. I would love to see KARA go on Win Win because I love watching them talk :)

Right now, the members that have been working are raising up theirs and KARA's profile very well, since Seungyeon and Nicole had been doing that for awhile. They are preparing for their Japanese debut so studying the language and also some much needed break time. But I feel we were a bit cheated during and after the Lupin promos, KARA weren't really as active publicly as they were in the past. Also, I think DSP feels KARA's in a place where they don't have to be on many shows to keep their popularity.

well there was kara bakery and nicoles university show, as for jiyoung she's still in school so i guess she spends her off time studying but i do agree that they need to appear in more shows

hmm gearing up for their Japan Tour maybe? or maybe they will surprise us with another Full album this time ard?

The recent Haha mong show was nice.. I just cant wait to catch sub versions on YT.. chinese subs or eng subs is fine..

Edited by Winston

don't forget that Hara is on Invincible youth. I too would like to see them on more shows (i would love for one of em to go on We Got Married :D ).

Also, it could be that since they don't have as many members as say, SNSD (who i admit are the only other group that i'm following) it's probably harder for them to split up and do different schedules. Of course, since i'm only following KARA and SNSD, i don't really have that wide of a point of reference. Do other small groups like 4Minute or T-ARA have a lot of appearances on shows too?